Chapter 11

The Power of Friendship (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

JINYOUNG POV

I was shocked when I went back home to find my two eldest sister sitting on the couch with Jaebum hyung, Youngjae, Yugyeom, and Bam Bam. “Noona?” I naturally called out to my sisters. “What are you two doing here?”

I saw my sisters got up from their seat as my eldest sister approached me and pulled me into her embrace. “I heard about what happened. Are you alright?” She asked me.

I sighed as I looked at my second eldest sister who looked worriedly at him. My second eldest sister must be the one who came to Seoul to inform my oldest sister about what happened between my parents and I.

“Noona, I... I’m fine.” I replied my older sibling as I let go of her embrace. “Noona, you don’t have to come all away from Busan for me.” This time, I turned to look at my second eldest sister.

“I’m just worried about you, Jinyoung.” My second eldest Noona looked at me worriedly.

“Noona, I don’t want to give up on my passion, can you help me talk to Mom and Dad, please?” Jinyoung suddenly begged his sisters for help desperately. He really doesn’t want to give up on his pastry passion. He really wanted to be a pastry chef, not Korean cuisine chef.

“Jinyoung-ah, you know Dad and Mom won’t allow that. You’re the only heir of their business. You’re the only one will inherit their business, you know that.” My eldest sister said to me.

“Noona, I think Jimin Noona is more suitable than me.” I looked at my second eldest sister who was shocked at my words. I really mean it though. My second eldest sister is the one who has been working alongside my parents ever since she found her passion in traditional Korean cuisine. That’s the reason why my second eldest sister is the only one who still stuck in Busan, working at our family restaurant.

“Jinyoung, you can’t say like that!” My Jimin Noona scolded me. “You’re the son of the family!”

“You’re also Mom and Dad child. You’re also part of Park family. What the different is it going to make? So what if I am the only son? You’re their daughter! You’re also their child!” I really fed up with son-daughter status. No matter son or daughter, they’re all their parents’ children, right? So why should differentiate them?

“Yah dongsaeng, calm down ok?” I heard my eldest Noona comforted me.

“Noona, I’m tired. I’m really tired. I just want to freely pursue my passion, is that really too much to ask for?” I finally broke down in vulnerable state in front of my sisters.

Both of my sisters sighed as they wrapped me in their warm embraces.

 

YUGYEOM POV

When I saw Jinyoung hyung broke down in his sisters’ embrace, I was shocked. Never ever I saw such vulnerable Jinyoung hyung like that. I was rooted in my spot along with Jaebum hyung, Youngjae hyung, and Bam Bam.

The four of us were just watching what happened in front of us. We also found out the reason for Jinyoung hyung broken down.

At that moment, I feel really sad for the older because I know how miserable that feeling is; being forbidden to pursue what you feel passionate the most. I am really feeling sad for Jinyoung hyung who seems really tired and heartbroken. However, Jinyoung hyung persistent in not giving up his dream passion really made me admire him more.

“Will Jinyoung hyung be okay?” I heard soft whisper from Youngjae hyung who has already tear up, watching Jinyoung hyung being led by sisters back to his room.

“Youngjae hyung, why are you crying?” I heard Bam Bam asked Youngjae hyung. That’s right! Bam Bam who hasn’t really understood Korean must not know completely what happened with Jinyoung hyung.

“I’m just sad for Jinyoung hyung.” Youngjae hyung replied Bam Bam.

“Will Jinyoung hyung be okay? He seemed so... so...” Bam Bam seemed hard to think of the Korean words. However, I understood completely what he wanted to say though. I sighed as I patted his shoulder. He looked up at me confusedly.

“Jinyoung hyung is strong. He’ll fine.” I tried to assure Bam Bam before I turned to look at the quiet Jaebum hyung. I couldn’t read Jaebum hyung blank face. If there’s anyone who took Jinyoung hyung heartbroken the w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter