Chapter 13

The Power of Friendship (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

When Jinyoung announced himself home, he found his family in the living room. “Mom! Dad!” He greeted his parents who seemed surprised at his appearance.

“Jinyoungie, what are you doing home?” His mother was the first one who asked her son before she noticed the other 6 guys behind him.

“Dad! Happy Birthday! I’m sorry I didn’t wish you happy birthday this morning. But here I am,” Jinyoung smiled at his father before he showed him the cake in his hand.

Both his parents were totally surprised before his second Noona came to him and took the cake from him. Jinyoung then introduced his housemates to his family.

“Ah Jaebummie... It’s been long since I saw you. Wow... you’ve grown up so handsome now.” Mrs. Park hugged Jaebum warmly.

“Auntie Park, I miss you too. How are you and Uncle? Are you both good?” Jaebum smiled back at the elder.

“Don’t just stand there, ask your friends to sit, Jinyoung.” Jinyoung heard his sister said to him before he let the others to join in the available seats.

“Dad! Happy Birthday again! This is for you. Actually, my housemates prepared it for you, but I promise I will buy you a special gift soon.” Jinyoung honestly admitted before he handed the gif to his father who seemed a bit surprised.

“Thank you.” Mr. Park thanked shortly before his daughter shoved the cake in front of him, asking him to blow the candles while the others had already started to sing the birthday song for him. For a moment, Jinyoung could see his father seemed touched at the warmth feeling they’re all given him before he blew the candles.

Everyone clapped happily for the birthday elder.

“Cake time!” Jinyoung sister exclaimed happily as she was in charge of cutting the cake for everyone to eat.

“Uncle, do you like the cake? We’re specially chose the fruity one since I know you like mango the best.” Jaebum tried to start conversation with the birthday elder who h hasn’t said much ever since they’re arrived.

“It’s good. I like it. Thank you.” Mr. Park replied shortly before he turned to look at his son who seemed talking to his mother.

“Actually, Jinyoungie is the one who make the cake.” Jaebum sudden words silenced the whole room which suddenly became tense.

Jinyoung was a bit shivering as he looked at his father unreadable expression. Mr. Park suddenly put the plate of cake he’s currently eating before he stood up from his seat and about to walk away when his son suddenly called him.

“Dad, wait!” Jinyoung suddenly stopped his father from walking away. He knew it’s the moment he needed to talk to his father. This is now or never. As he has gathered all the courage in his body, he approached his father as he confessed out his real honest feeling, “Dad, I want to be a pastry chef. I love pastry not Korean cuisine.”

Everyone in the room was tensed as they were expecting the anger outburst from the elder.

However what they didn’t expect was the next thing happened in the room.

PLAK!

Mr. Park just slapped his only son in front of everyone.

 

The whole room turned into tensed silence as everyone was too shocked at what just happened. Jinyoung was frozen in shock at the sharp pain on his right cheek. His own father just slapped him for the first time in his life. He was hurt truthfully.

“What do you think you’re doing to your son?” It was Mrs. Park who scolded her husband before she immediately checked on her only son.

“Useless...” Mr. Park hissed disappointingly as he looked at his son.

“Son, let me grab you ice for your cheek.” Mrs. Park was about to head out to the kitchen when Jinyoung stopped her.

Jinyoung assured his mother that he’s okay before he turned to look at his father and the next thing happened shocked everyone in the room again. Jinyoung was on his knees in front of his father. “Dad, I’m sorry for being useless son in your eyes, for 20 years of my life, I have always follow what you told me to do. I have never once disobeyed your words, but for this one time, please, please let me be selfish for once.”

Jinyoung was already in tears as he begged his father for his understanding.

“Dad, I finally found my passion; I found what I love to do the most; I want to be a pastry chef. That’s what I really wanted to do in my life, Dad. Can you please, please let me do what I wanted to do?” Jinyoung was begging his father with such hopeful eyes.

“Jinyoung-ah, you know you’re the only heir to our business. Who will take over the restaurant once we’re retired then, son?” Mrs. Park said to her son softly. She was actually touched at her son words but she also understood her husband dilemma. Jinyoung is their only son; everything they have right now will one day be taken over to him anyway.

“Mom, you have Jimin Noona. I’m not your only child. You have two other daughters too.” Jinyoung said back to his parents. “Dad, Jimin Noona has always been the one who works her life out alongside you and Mom. Jimin Noona has always been the one who puts the restaurant above her everything. Do you know how Nonna secretly took Korean cuisines lesson all these years? Dad, Mom, i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter