Chapter 14

The Power of Friendship (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

MARK POV

“I miss Mom and Dad.” I turned towards Bam Bam who was sitting beside me on our way back to Seoul by bus. I sighed as I understand how the younger must have felt after witnessing the family scene for Jinyoung.

“I miss them too, Bam.” I honestly admitted out my longing for our parents too.

“Will we ever meet them again, Mark?” I clearly noticed the sadness in the younger voice.

“Of course we will, Bam. They promised us, didn’t they?” I said to my younger brother. Deep down my heart, I have a doubt like the younger; however, I chose to believe in them. I believe in my parents. They will never break their promise, don’t they?

“I know. I just... I just miss home...” Hearing the younger confession really made me miss home as well; home where I grew up at; the home I have been living for 21 years of my life.

“Do you miss your home back in Thailand too?” I suddenly asked my younger brother who seemed taken back at my question.

“Honestly, I only miss our home back in America.” I was surprised at the younger confession. Is he really mean what he said? Bam Bam just moved to live with me and Dad for 4 years ago? He should have misses his life back in Thailand more, shouldn’t he?

“Why? Don’t you miss your hometown? Don’t you miss your family back in Thailand?” I asked him, out of curiosity.

I heard the younger sighed sadly before he looked at me straight in the eyes, “You know my parents have divorced way before my mom met your father, right?” To his question, I nodded my head. Yes, I do know about it. My dad told me before when he asked my permission to seriously the woman she met back in Thailand.

“The reason my mother divorced my father was because he was a jerk; he didn’t work, only knew how to ask money from my mother and abuse us. My mother couldn’t take it anymore as she took the decision to divorce him; at the same time my grandparents kicked us out of the family, claiming of how we embarrassed his face by having a divorced daughter with a child.”

Seriously I was shocked at the sudden revelation from the younger. Never have I heard about the past story of Bam Bam and his mother. I have always thought his parents had normal divorce, just like millions of couples out there.

“My mother didn’t care if she was being kicked out of the family; both of us live alone for years until that day my mom told me that I’ll have a new family. She told me that I will be gaining a new father and a big brother. You had no idea how happy I was when I knew I would leave my country to somewhere else; to somewhere where I can start a new life with my newfound family.”

At this point, I could sense the shaking Bam Bam beside me. Out of instinct, I pulled the younger closer to me. I rested my arm around his shoulder. “I’m sorry I shouldn’t have asked.” I apologized immediately, feeling guilty for asking in the first place.

Bam Bam shook his head as he said out, “No, no, I want to let you know, Mark. I wanted you to know how much you and Dad mean in my life. Without you two, I don’t know if I will still be the Bam Bam I am now. Without Dad, my mom and I would still be living in loneliness back in Thailand. Both Dad and you have given me and my mom something incredible that we couldn’t ask for more; Dad and you haave given us a family we never dreamt of having again.”

Okay, now I was totally couldn’t hold the tears streaming down my cheeks. I was really touched at what the younger said.

 

BAM BAM POV

I was surprised when I saw the tears on Mark eyes. The older cried for me? However, I couldn’t say out because of my own tears that has already wet my face. I could only cried myself out in Mark embrace. Talking about my past really dug out the pain hidden inside my heart for years.

All the pain, all the sadness, all the wound in my heart, I poured it all out instantly. Although it has been years, but it still hurts as hell, but in the same time I also felt relief for being able to pour it out; it made me feel lighter.

“Just cry it out... It’ll make you feel better.” I heard Mark soft voice telling me which made me cried even harder. At that point, I didn’t care if I was still on the bus or other passengers might hear my cry, I just didn’t care anymore. Being in Mark embrace, I felt so comfortable; I felt so vulnerable but at the same time, I feel so light; like all the pains in my heart healed by itself little by little.

“You’re okay now... That’s all in the past. You’re all fine now

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter