Chapter 01

The Power of Friendship (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was already very late in the night when Mark was disturbed by the appearance of his younger brother. Mark raised his eyebrows at the younger who was showing his best puppy eyes, “Can I sleep here for tonight, Mark?”

“You’re 17, not 5 Bam.” Mark replied his younger brother sarcastically as he looked away from the pouting Bam Bam.

“But... But I can’t sleep!” Bam Bam protested as he made himself comfortable beside him, on the bed.

Mark just ignored his younger brother as focusing his attention on the laptop screen on his lap.

“Mark, do you know where Dad and Mom go? They’ve never came back home this late before.” Bam Bam asked his older brother.

Hearing the younger question stopped Mark from his focus as he turned to look at his brother, “They haven’t back home yet?” Now Mark was confusedly surprised. Mark checked the time on his phone which shown 1.30 in the morning. Their parents have never ever gone until that late ever, except they went overboard for business purpose.

Mark mind rewinds back to hours ago when his parents informed him that they’ll be back from midnight; and now it’s already 1.30 in the morning. Mark started to get wonder and worried before he heard his bedroom door was opened once again.

It was their parents approaching them.

“Mom! Dad! Where have you two been until this late?” Bam Bam was the one who jumped out of the bed and asked the couple.

“Honey, there’s something we need to talk to you both.” Mark was a bit taken back at the seriousness in his father’s tone. Their father rarely uses that kind of tone unless it was very emergency. Mark abandoned his laptop as he looked straight to his father.

“Something’s wrong, Dad?” Mark asked.

Mr. Tuan sighed as he put his arm on Mark shoulder, “Boy, I am sorry to do this to you, but this is the only way to get you out of our troubles.”

“Dad, I don’t understand.” Suddenly, Mark can feel his heartbeat raced faster and a slight fear started to crept inside his body.

“Mark, Bam Bam, there’s no other way to say this out to you both; we’re going bankrupt.” Both Bam Bam and Mark was pale shocked. “Our company is going to be announced of bankruptcy by tomorrow morning. By tomorrow, our house will be confiscated by the authorities; that’s why you two have to leave right now.”

“What? No! Dad! I don’t want to leave you both!” Bam Bam cried at his father.

“My son, I also don’t want to let you go, but Daddy has no other way. I can’t let you two being involved in this matter. You two are too young to be burdened by the debt and anything related.” Mr. Tuan hugged his younger son. “Don’t cry, my son. Our separation won’t be forever, I can promise you that.”

“But Daddy, what would happen to you and mom? Will you two be okay?” Bam Bam asked his father.

“We’ll be fine, son.” Mr. Tuan smiled at Bam Bam before he turned towards his biological son. “Yi En, this is the account of some amount of money I have set up for you. Use the money, leave the country, go somewhere far from here, and don’t come back here, you understand me?”

“But Dad...”

Mark wanted to object but being cut by his father, “No Yi En, you are 21 years old already, and now Bam Bam is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter