9.

Would you let me?

Taeyong needs to have that confidence back, Yuta thinks. So every chance he gets, he tells Taeyong how cool and handsome he looks. It was to the point where he's told to shut up and only talking nonsense to tease, but Yuta would insists that he's only stating facts.


Taeyong was fresh from the shower after their practice and he's walking towards Yuta who's napping at the bench.


"Yuta let's go home."


The scent of Taeyong's strawberry shampoo hits his nose and Yuta woke up smiling. "You look so---"


"I know. I know, ok. The most handsome in the world." Taeyong finished for him.


Smiling, Yuta stood up and leaned in to sniff at Taeyong's hair and the older elbowed him on the chest.


"What's with the PDA?" Ten asked, coming near them.


"What PDA?" Taeyong snaps.


"Google it, honey."


"I know what it meant."


"Then why do you ask?" Ten funnily dance his way to Yuta's back, hiding from Taeyong.


Yuta stepped away so Taeyong can see him.


Taeyong sighed loud and starts walking away from them. He didn't have time for Yuta making fun of him, and now even Ten.


Yuta pinched Ten on the and the younger squirms.


"More, just kidding." Ten started scratching it and gave Yuta a teasing smile.


"Shut up."


"What I'm not saying anything." Ten laughed and whispered. "But aren't you two cute."


Yuta ignored Ten and shouts. "Are you going home without me?"


Taeyong ignored them and walks even faster.


"It's your fault." Yuta hissed at Ten. He knows Taeyong's sulky too because he doesn't have very good feeling towards Ten and that makes everything funny.


"Sorry, I couldn't stop my mouth." Ten puts his lip into a thin line.


"Walk faster, !" Taeyong screamed from afar.


Ten snickered for his dear life. "Relationship goals, definitely."

 

 

 

 

It wasn't surprising for Yuta to get random confessions. His position as one of the best players in their football team gained him attention to all the girls in their school and even girls from other campus who even come to their school to see him play. He has a handsome face and bad boy appeal no one can't deny.


So when a girl from freshman year calls for him, Yuta takes her outside to talk leaving Ten, Hansol, Johnny, Doyoung and Jaehyun intrigued inside the cafeteria. Though they can see him from the glass window.


"But aren't guys suppose to woo girls?" Hansol tells them when he sees the girl handed Yuta a gift.


"You saw him did it. He failed." Johnny countered.


"You think she'd pass?" Hansol asked again.


"Well what do you expect. He's a boy after all."


"What are you saying, Johnny hyung." Jaehyun scolds. "Well she's so pretty, I think so."


Doyoung snorts and closed his notebook. "You think Yuta's straight? You think he even likes girls? Funny."


Ten was agitated after hearing it. "What are you talking about!"


"You know what I'm talking about " Doyoung retorts calmly. "I hear you two all the time."


"What's going on?" Johnny asked them.


"Wow, Doyoung. You're so nasty. I can't believe it." Ten clapped.


"Don't talk like that behind Yuta's back." Johnny tells Doyoung seriously.


"You just called him a boy." He reminds reminded.


"Oops, did I say that? I meant flirt." Johnny laughed. "It's just so much better when Doyoung doesn't talk."


They didn't notice Yuta is already walking back to the cafeteria with Taeyong on his side. The two are laughing.


Ten sends Doyoung a look. The latter shaking his head before resuming to his book. Ten walks over to Yuta, playfully kissing him on the cheek. "Honey, I missed you where have you been?"


Yuta was quick to his reflex and pushed Ten away, laughing.


"What was that for." Taeyong looks bug eyed.


Jaehyun was snickering along with Hansol and Johnny is faking a vomit while cursing at them.


"Ten hyung is so scary." Jaehyun said and laughed out loud when he received a kiss from the older too.


"Stop harassing everybody." Doyoung snorts but laughed nonetheless when Ten kissed him on the cheek too.


Hansol looks stunned when Ten kissed him while Johnny holds his hands in defense warning Ten not to come closer. Ten seemed frightened when he sees Taeyong's frown so he just winked at him.

 

 

 

 

"I kind of saved you back there." Ten told Yuta when both of then were heading back to class after the break.


Yuta peered at him.


Ten decides to shake it off and instead ask, "So, how are you? Any progress?"


"Do you think I'm being stupid? Am I disgusting?" Yuta's face looks sullen and he was deep into thinking. "All this ridiculousness I've been trying to deny from everybody."


Ten placed a hand on Yuta's shoulder. "Man, I don't think feelings can be nipped in the bud."


Yuta nods in comprehension. "Maybe I should just-----. I should just stay away from---"


"Dude, if you do that this story would flop."


Yuta blinks at him.


"Come on man, I know you can sort this out. Both of you." Ten squeezes his shoulder.


Yuta gave him a sad smile which Ten returned.

 

 

 

Yuta awoken to the sound of the rain and his alarm. Scratching his eyes, he noticed the dark surroundings and he was alone in bed. Just then he remembered last night's announcement that classes are cancelled today due to the bad weather.


With a blanket still wrapped around him, he found Taeyong in the kitchen. Walking over to sit on the chair at the table.

"It's so cold." He shuddered.


"Good morning."


Yuta yawned and whining "It's so cold", like a mantra. "Are you not cold?"


"Take a hot shower like I did."


Yuta would do anything to feel warm so he complied. When hot water damped onto his skin, he groaned in satisfaction. He usually doesn't shower long, but that could change today.The time he decides to finish was when he couldn't feel his lungs anymore. Reaching out for his towel from the hook on the wall was when Yuta felt doomed.


It wasn't there. And this isn't a little issue. Taeyong reminds him daily about personal hygiene. That one should shower, wear deodorant, brush his hair and teeth at least twice a day. He is particular about shower hygiene, always telling Yuta that one should prepare their clothes before showering, rinse hair thoroughly after shampooing, meticulously clean every inch of skin necessary, and most of all to never forget the towel.


So when Yuta shouts "Taeyong, I forgot my towel!" He covered his ears to what's coming next.


He heard Taeyong snarled.


"Taeyong, please! I'm cold!" He begs.


"You're so sloppy! Freeze to death, Yuta!" Taeyong returns, shouting.


Yuta swears he's close to tears. The shower already ran out of hot water and he's completely bare with nothing to warm him inside their bathroom. He's sitting on one side with trembling lips, Taeyong ignoring his whines. "Taeyong, please. It's so cold."


Yuta knows he'll catch a cold after this. It happened several times when he shower at Taeyong's house back in Seoul. He had to wait for Taeyong's sister to bring him the towel, it was always embarrassing. A light flicked in Yuta's head and suddenly, he stood up. "Taeyong, please!"

"No!"


"Taeyong, bring me my towel or I'm coming out . I swear!" Yuta warned. He heard footsteps immediately and a knock.

Chuckling in victory, Yuta slightly opened the door and peeked his head out. Taeyong was looking away, holding out the towel. Instead of taking it, Yuta grasped at Taeyong's wrist.


"So that's how you succumb to me, huh."


Taeyong is still looking away, escaping from Yuta's hold. "Let me go! Yuta! Nakamoto Yuta!"


The cold air hits on Yuta's skin but he ignored it. "What if I don't want to." He says.


Yuta was lucky he was quick on pulling his hand and dodging from the door when Taeyong slams it on his face.

 


"Yuta I swear to god! You didn't even bring your clothes!" Taeyong screamed when Yuta came out from the shower with only towel wrapped around his waist. From the bed, he quickly dash to the small living room couch. Not bothering to look back at the younger.


"Don't peek!" Yuta says, rummaging through his closet.


"As if!" Taeyong bites back.


Yuta laughed. "If you peep, I'm reporting you to the police."


"Shut up Yuta!"


He gave up in a loud sigh, covering his face with the cushion on the couch. Taeyong couldn't stand how playful and even bawdy Yuta has become. Causing him to recoil in horror just thinking about who Yuta learned it from. Ten, for sure. In few seconds, Yuta was prying Taeyong's hand off his face.


"It's fine now. I'm sorry." Yuta tells him.


Sulky, Taeyong puts his hands down and side glanced at Yuta. The younger is fully clothed and again with a blanket wrapped all over his body.


"I'm under this." Yuta joked.

Taeyong knows he's lying cos he can see his blue shirt from the white blanket. He's sure Yuta is wearing shorts too.


The younger lied his head on Taeyong's lap, his wet hair soaking the pillow. Yuta knows he'll get scolded for this, but in his surprise, he wasn't. Taeyong instead, massage Yuta's hair with his delicate fingers. Yuta closed his eyes.


"Are you still cold?" Taeyong yawned. "Do you want me to make you coffee?"


Yuta shook his head. "No. Stay like this for awhile."


Taeyong was warm, but Yuta shivered when he felt Taeyong's finger gently comes in contact with his eyelashes. He traced Yuta's cheeks down to the corner of his lip before stopping. "When did you become more handsome than me?" Taeyong says softly.


Yuta wished that didn't happen. He can feel his heart beating loud, he thinks his whole body thumps with it. Not now when his head is on Taeyong's lap. When Taeyong goes back on playing with his hair again, Yuta admits to himself that he's really obstinate. He looks up at Taeyong, raising one hand to touch the older's face.


"It's always delightful to see your face. I could look at you forever."


Yuta didn't meant it to slip out of his tongue, because that had Taeyong stopping and pulling away from him.


"Get up. I'm preparing breakfast now."

 

 

 

 


The weather calmed in the afternoon and Taeyong tells Yuta that he's going out for a bit. He said Winwin and him are going to study at the city's public library.


When the older gets back at 6pm, Yuta was lying down on the bed.


"The library was closed." Taeyong says. "I went to the arcade with Winwin. We waited there for the rain to stop."


"You didn't even message me. I kept on calling you. I was worried." Yuta sat up, scratching the back of his head.


"My phone is dead."


"You should've gotten home when you've seen the library was closed. You know how bad the weather is. Why would he even invite you to study in this weather!" He rebuked.


Taeyong flinched.


Yuta didn't want to meddle about Taeyong hanging out with Winwin. He didn't want to get the words Taeyong told him the last time he did. But it was inevitable. Winwin should've consider the weather before asking Taeyong and using "study" as a bait just to have fun with him. It's nonsensical and rather annoying. Yuta thinks Winwin knows that Taeyong didn't want to offend anybody so he won't say no to anything what other asks. Winwin is only taking advantage of Taeyong's obedience.

 

"And you're soaked in rain. What if you get sick again? Huh?!" Yuta scowled.


"Don't worry about it, I can take care of myself." Taeyong says in a quiet voice. "Just don't talk to me if you can't respect me, Yuta. In case you're forgetting I'm older than you."


Taeyong sounded so upset when he walked to the restroom and locked himself in. Yuta pulled at his hair and chokes in guilt because he knows he ed up again.

 

Yuta couldn't sleep and keeps on tossing and turning in bed. He knows Taeyong wasn't lying beside him, but just sitting on the bed. He'd glance at him to see what he was doing, but guilt prickles to his veins and Yuta couldn't even look him in the face.


"Noona."


He hears Taeyong speak. He's on the phone.


"Yuta gave me an earful again."


Yuta felt his throat clogged after hearing it. His head grew big and his whole body froze. And by the word "again" Taeyong used, then this isn't the first time he's telling his sister, or the first time Yuta has done it to Taeyong.


"I don't--don't know. He's always mad."

Yuta was so conscience-stricken at this very point when he heard Taeyong's sniffles. Enough for pretending he was sleeping, Yuta sat up and moves closer. Wrapping both arms around Taeyong and burrying his face on the older's back who cried even more.


"I'm sorry, hyung. I won't do that again."

 

Taeyong slides his palm on Yuta's arms around him and holds him there. Nodding only because he couldn't speak when he cries.


Yuta holds him tighter. It wasn't his intention to hurt Taeyong, but that's what he always ends up doing. He always makes mountain out of molehills to anything that concerns Taeyong. It was the complete opposite of what he promised himself the first time Taeyong moved in. He wouldn't interfere with Taeyong's life, but Yuta kept on wishing it revolves around him only.

 

 

 

 

On their vacant, Yuta and Ten were looking for a place to go. The lobby was crowded, same with the cafeteria. The rooftoop isn't a choice either since the sun is beaming annoyingly at them when it was just yesterday that it's raining hard. It's hot and all they want is a place with good airconditioning.


"Oh hey we're saved. Johnny hyung said they took a spot on the library's resting area already." Ten smirks at him.


"So tall and handsome as hell." Yuta says, sarcastic.


"But hey about Taeyong," Yuta told him what happened last night. "If he is that sensitive, shouldn't you be more cautious around him?"


"I'm trying."


"I can see the problem here." Ten starts. "You have anger management issue, when he's emotionally crippled and dramatic as heck. You said he's always been a cry baby, but not this much of a crybaby. Couldn't you adjust to that? Like, treat him nicely or something. Winwin treats everyone nice---"


"Yeah. But he wouldn't tell me what's wrong and just cr--"


"From what I see, you're what's wrong." Ten says flatly.


Yuta didn't object and even nods his head at this.

 

Ten and him made their way down the stairs and strolled to the next building where the library is. It was just Taeil, Johnny, a sleeping Jaehyun and Taeyong at the resting area so it's quiet as everyone is reading a book.

Yuta smiled at Taeyong and was about to sit beside him when he was nudged to the side by Winwin who was running and said, "Hyung, I got the book."


He plays it cool and took a sit beside Taeil who looks at him in disgust.


"Why would you look at me like that." Yuta asked, shaking his head. So he transferred to sit with Ten and Johnny even if it means facing Winwin and Taeyong.


"Hey Winwin, did you know that in China there is a hotel that is ping pong shaped?" Johnny says looking at Winwin and expecting for an answer. "Did you know there's also a cat with wings but can't f--"


"What exactly are you reading?" Ten questions.


Johnny shrugged.


"Yuta." Taeyong called. "Can you lend me that book?"


Yuta quickly stood up and dashed to the shelf Taeyong was pointing at. "This one?"


"Yeah."


Yuta hands him the book. "Anything else?"


"No, thank you." Taeyong says and pats on the arm of the couch. "Sit here, I'm going to show you something."


Yuta complied and watch as Taeyong runs his fingers through the pages.


"Oh I can't find it." Taeyong says.


"What is it about?"


"It's a place I want to go to in Japan." Taeyong looks through the pages again.


"Then let's borrow this book." Yuta takes the book from Taeyong. "When your passport is fixed, come with me on December."


"But you're so ing boring why would u want to go to in Japan with you?" Winwin remarks, causing Taeil to laugh.


Somehow Ten doesn't seem delighted on hearing it, and he's sure Yuta isn't too. When he looks at Yuta, the devious smile he's giving the younger is frightening even if it wasn't for him.


"Hey Yuta. Let's grab a bite. The people at the cafeteria probably cooled down already." He says, already standing up.


"Have you eaten?" Yuta asked Taeyong.


"We ate already. You can go now."


Yuta snorts at Winwin's answer. He stood up ready to leave when Taeyong held him on the wrist and gave him a smile. It was relieving, like those medicines he take after a painful football practice. Except, it works faster than that. So Yuta, smiled back at him and says "I'll see you later."


Yuta was put to bad mood when they leave the library. He didn't talk much after that until the classes today ends.


Ten was sure who's responsible for it. So when he talks to Winwin about Yuta, the younger only laughed at him and said, "Hyung, this is all a misunderstanding."

 

 

 

 


Yuta thinks it became his and Taeyong's habit to talk at night until both of them fall asleep. They used to do this when they were younger, with their endless prattle about video games and animations.


He always initiates the talk. Asking from how Taeyong's day has been to useless things like had he brush his teeth. He's sure Taeyong never forgets to brush his teeth, but it was for the sake of talking to him. Yuta didn't want to feel distant.


He used to want to talk to Taeyong all the time, he used to want to look at him every chance he gets, and he used to want all of his attention. And now he craves for it, a hunger he simply wants to starve and not to do anything about.


"So, when we go to Japan, will you take me to a cherry blossom tree?"


Taeyong suddenly asked when Yuta thought their chatter was already brought to an end that night.


Yuta jeered. "When did you start liking cherry blossoms? Is pink the new black?"


Taeyong wanted to claw at his face for that. "Fine. I'll go home to Seoul on Holiday."


"Taeyong, December is like 6 months from now. Why are you so excited?" Yuta chuckled. "But I'll be staying in Japan for two months. Won't you miss me?"

 

Yuta looks at him with expectant eyes. Taeyong was playing with his fingers and there was a wistful look on his face.


"Why do you plan on leaving me again?"


It was a striking question that had Yuta lost for words. It was difficult to form an answer when he knows Taeyong is waiting for it. He must be dumbstruck for too long because he hears Taeyong yawned and tells him "Good night."

 

 

 

 

Yuta doesn't want to be a someone hateful. He didn't want to complicate things. Although he fuss a lot towards Taeyong that he's sure was only out of concern and nothing else. As much as he can control his temper towards anybody, he would. But he's sure Winwin was asking for it.


He was sure it was for him to hear when Winwin jokes about how it was easier for him to make Taeyong open his legs than to open the bottled water.


It took all his self-control because they're at the basketball court which is inside school property. Also, they are with their older friends Taeil, Hansol and Johnny. Doyoung and Ten were there too, at the spectators seat while Yuta plays basketball with Winwin and Jaehyun.


Yuta is convinced it wasn't a funny joke because nobody laughed. And in a matter of few hesitations, his fist landed solidly on Winwin's jaw. "You still think you're funny, huh?" He held him on the collar.


Winwin writhes in pain. "It wasn't it! Yuta hyung!"


But Yuta was angry. So he pushed Winwin down the ground and the younger landed with a thud.


"I-I'm sorry Yuta hyung. It was a joke. I'm sorry." Winwin is squirming in pain but still apologizing.


It all happened too fast and just now, the others are running towards them. Everybody runs to Winwin though, except for Ten who held Yuta tightly on the shoulders.


"Dude, calm down." The younger murmurs.


Yuta's eyes were filled with rage, hands closed into fist. Biting his tongue to stop more words coming out. It would've been better if Winwin fought back, so he could hurt him more.


"Yuta what the ?" Johnny growls at him. "Why did you punch him? He was apologizing!"


"You overreact! You didn't have to hurt him!" Hansol followed.


"What the , Yuta. What's wrong with you?" Taeil wouldn't let it go either.


"Yuta, let's leave." Ten tells him.


But Yuta was too busy glaring at Winwin with no guilt to the core.


"Hyung, we're leaving. We'll go." Ten tells everybody and used all his force to take Yuta out of the place.


He pulled him to the restroom where Yuta is now washing his face and fist from blood. Ten stands there, watching him.


"How will you explain Taeyong this?" Ten asked.