11.

Would you let me?

Or maybe he can, if he tries so hard.


Yuta thinks it's starting to get hilarious. When he woke up today, everything was prepared for him. His school uniform were neatly ironed, new pair of socks lying beside his shoes and his backpack ready on the table. Breakfast wasn't like the usual too, it was a Japanese chicken and rice cuisine that Yuta likes.


They walked side by side to school. Only because Taeyong won't let go holding on to Yuta's sleeves. Also on lunch when Taeyong picked Yuta up from his class and pulled him to the cafeteria. The older just kept on talking despite being ignored by Yuta. He even tried feeding the younger.

 

It was a tiring day for Yuta, fighting all his urge to smile.


He flops down on Ten's bed, invading the other's laptop to play Hangaroo 2. Ten shouts "Lame!" from the restroom upon hearing the game's theme song.


"What are you doing here?" Ten asked when he stepped out. "Shouldn't you be home? I'm going to study."


They both laugh at the last part.


"I'm bored." Yuta yawned and carelessly fold the laptop, making the other cringe.


"But really what are you doing here, you're so clingy."


"I thought you live with Jaehyun and Doyoung?" Yuta asked, taking off his shoes and relaxing on the bed.


"Nah, they're on the 5th floor. I chose not to roommate with anybody. " Ten tells him.


"You're aware no one can stand you? Wow." Yuta claps his hands.


"Yeah the same way Taeyong feels about you." Ten retorts and he received a flying pillow on the face. "I see you're still ignoring him. How long are you going to play this?"


Yuta stared at the ceiling as if he was thinking. "He has to know the feeling of what it's like being ignored and cast aside."


"Yuta," Ten choked. "Stop watching anime, you're so into it. Damn."


"I haven't been watching lately aside from that one ---"


"Anyway." Ten cuts. "Is he trying to win you over?"


Instead of an answer, Yuta laughs hysterically. Ten guesses he was just romantically excited. Yuta can be lame and funny at times.


"He even sprayed his favorite perfume on my dress shirt." Yuta says, sniffing his uniform and "I'm never taking this off."


"But hey, you haven't really admit to me that you like him. So I guess, it's answered today."


Yuta burried his face on the pillow. "I'm stupid."


"Do you like him, Yuta."


"er."


"You're in love with Taeyong, aren't you."


"No way! That's ing gay!"


Ten laughed so hard Yuta hits him.

 

 

 

 

 

 


"Ten."


Ten froze in his seat. He should've figure there are better places to sleep other than the library. Slowly, he turned his body to the source of the voice.

 

"Hey, Taeyong hyung..." He greeted. Noting the gloomy look on the other's face.


Taeyong took the seat facing Ten. "Yuta still won't talk to me."


It was as expected and Ten had practiced in his head what to say once Taeyong confronts him about. But it's all gone right when he needs it.


"No matter what I do, he won't won't talk to me. He doesn't go home until midnight, I don't know where he's going."


Ten hears the older's voice cracked and his eyes inanimately grew big in shock he's just glad Taeyong wasn't looking at him.


"Hyung, maybe he just need time." Ten tried and his heart aches when Taeyong is now crying.


As much as he wants to tell Taeyong the truth, that Yuta just stays in his dorm daydreaming about how Taeyong coaxed him in a day, he'd keep his mouth shut. Ten knows how much Yuta was pained by Taeyong's shunning, and he thinks Yuta deserves this attention from Taeyong right now.


"Maybe you should try harder, hyung." you Ten, he curses himself inwardly. "I don't think he's that mad anyway."

 

 

 

 

In a week, Yuta noticed that Taeyong's wheedling has died down. He guesses the older got tired of him already. It's not like Yuta is mad at him, anyway.


Taeyong didn't break his promise, Yuta knows. Because he's seen multiple times how Taeyong tries to avoid Winwin without being rude. Ten tells him this too. That Taeyong stops tutoring Winwin on English, and stops eating with him on lunch break and recess. He doesn't go home with him anymore too and opts to going home alone.


That night, Yuta pretends he was sleeping and waits for Taeyong to tell him goodnight so he could say it back. He can't take this anymore, he misses him. But that goodnight never came.


When Yuta wakes up, there were no sounds in the kitchen, nor the smell of mouthwatering breakfast. It didn't feel right so Yuta jumped out of his bed to check the restroom.


Panic struck on him when he opened Taeyong's drawers and found them empty. " everything." He mutters to himself.


Yuta was trembling as he rans around the apartment. He didn't even manage to tie his shoes well, putting on a jacket and changing his sleeping clothes to a shirt and cargo shorts. There's no time to even wash his face or his mouth. He just run down the corridor and took a taxi to the station.


It was still early and the ride to the bus station was fast. There were people in line on the buses and it was too crowded. Yuta stands on his toes to look around and luckily found the sign of the yellow bus to Seoul.


He bumps into people and got elbowed at shout at as he made his way there. And just as he was about to start tearing up, he sees him on the line.


Maybe he didn't expect it. Because Taeyong is looking at Yuta with wary eyes. They were inches away and Yuta froze in place when he sees Taeyong took a step back. It didn't help too when the door to the yellow bus opened, indicating that the passengers in line can go in.


Yuta fights all his urge to pull Taeyong back to him. He may be faint from the rush. Or he may regret this, but Yuta would let him decide. Because maybe, Taeyong too, thinks they've had enough of each other.


He forced a sad smile, when Taeyong looks away from him to where the bus was waiting. Yuta didn't waste another second to turn around. He can't watch Taeyong slip off his hands once again. At least, he wouldn't see.


Yuta feels lightheaded and he can't feel his feet as steps farther away. Not minding the shooting pain he gets from bumping into the running passengers.

 

It fully dawns at him all the ridiculousness he's engaged himself into. He wanted to be with Taeyong, but he should've figured it's never going to happen. Not today. Even tomorrow. Never.


Yuta wants to have Taeyong by his side. But Taeyong owes him nothing. He may have done a mistake, but it was long settled considering how much Taeyong acted like his servant. As much as he didn't want it to be that way, Taeyong was sympathetic and did all those.


He wish he could turn back time from when he was 9 years old where it all started. When his parents sent him to his aunt in Korea, Yuta should've known better than going back and forth to the soccer field where he first saw him. He shouldn't have thought of playing in the snow with him, or being friends with him. Because now, Yuta wants more than that. It was foolish and Yuta admits that he's a fool. He calls Taeyong the princess, but Yuta isn't the prince. There's no way he will be.

 

Taeyong is perfect the way he is. And Yuta is convinced that it's himself that is the problem between the two of them. If it wasn't for his heart, he wouldn't have let out all his frustrations towards Taeyong. They would've been okay till now. But Yuta was possessive to something that wasn't his and it was stupid.


Their goodbye would've been proper but not now when the angles are all wrong. He grew up only having Taeyong around, and it was difficult for Yuta when they pull apart. He wonder if Taeyong felt the same. If it was the same hell that Yuta felt.


In a matter of two years, it's disheartening how much has changed between them. He still wonders that if they didn't seperate, would things still be the same? Perfect like they were before?


Yuta blames himself for all these. He blames his heart for forgetting his limits. And he knows the only way to put this to an end is to switch ways.


It was cold inside the taxi on his way back home. Yuta's hands freeze and he can feel his lips tremble. The air was suffocating and he was close to tears. But Yuta wouldn't cry for something that is over.


He can make everything work after this. When the semester ends, he'll go back to Japan. Forget everything. His relationship with his family may not be ideal, but he misses them. And he'd rather be with them than hurt himself around Taeyong. It was healthier to be with those who care about him than to be with someone who feels sorry about him, anyway.


Unlocking the door to his apartment, stepping and locking himself in. Yuta was ready to be alone again.

 

But the world always had it's way to turn Yuta's life around, and just as he was about to take further step on his solitary, comes a faint knock to his door.


Yuta didn't hesitate one bit to turn his back around and open the door. He was met by the eyes of his devotion. Taeyong was standing right in front of him, again. They stared at each other and Taeyong looks as confused as Yuta.


It was breathtaking how soft and enchanting Taeyong spoke. That had Yuta swallowing all his pride left. It was nauseating how Taeyong can maneuver him so easily. And his arms was the warmest place Yuta has ever been.

 


He watches carefully as Taeyong meticulously folds his clothes and rearrange them back to the drawers. Yuta is really starting to think if Taeyong has anger management issues or just simply crazy.


It's not like he wasn't weird from before. Yuta used to complain how noisy Taeyong was because he always throw tantrums by continues whining. But Yuta, now, would rather have that than his dramatic sulking.

The older proceeds on cooking and cleaning as Yuta fell back to sleep again.


They eat in silence, only clashing of chopsticks against plates and the sound of Yuta's sniffles can be heard in their apartment, he caught a cold.


"I'm sorry for leaving like that." Taeyong suddenly says.


Yuta looked up but Taeyong wasn't looking at him. He noticed the older wasn't eating but rather playing with his food. Taeyong is really a kid sometimes.


"It's just that, it hurts so much when you kicked me." Taeyong starts. "I don't know why you did it and it hurts so I----"


"So you phonecalled Winwin in my face?" Yuta finished, making Taeyong looks at him. "It doesn't matter. As long as you're here now."


"I'm really so---"


"It's okay."


"Yuta, I know you're mad at---"


"I'm not."


"Look, Yuta. It's okay if you're mad at--"


"I'm not mad at you." Yuta says finally.


He looks up when Taeyong quieted. Yuta thinks he looks sorry for what happened. But he wasn't mad, not one bit.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yuta is at Ten's dorm again, lying comfortably on the bed while the other is busy at his desktop.


"So he almost ditched the cheerdance? I'd flip." .


"Does that matter?!"


"It's in two weeks!" Ten shouts back.


"Nobody cares." Yuta retorts.


"But really? You didn't even do anything to stop him? I'm quiet surprised." Ten paused his game. Looking at Yuta.


"I don't know." Yuta snorts. "I was probably mad as to why he'd do that. Besides, he's grown up. He knows what he's doing."


"Seems like he doesn't. But, you sure you'll be okay with that? If he actually left?" Ten questions. Sliding on his desk chair to where the bed is.


"Nothing I can do about." Yuta sighed. There's something bugging in his head for awhile. "But let's make a bet, he'd leave me anytime for Dahyun once they make up."


"Oh. Why drag her so suddenly?" Ten an eyebrow. It will be a long conversation with Yuta, he thinks.


Yuta shrugs. "All his crying and stirring, bet he has yet to get over. That's why he came here to kill time. But knowing him, he'd do anything to win her back. Trust me. Just pray it's not before the cheerdance competition."


Ten rolled his eyes. "You sound paranoid and jealous. I'm not buying any of that."


"Just, it." Yuta hissed. Why did he even come here. I hate my life. I hate everything."


"You love him." Ten barks. "Just go home, man. He probably finished cooking dinner by now and waiting for you."


Yuta was fast on getting up from bed and wearing his shoes, patting Ten on the back. "You're right." And leaving the younger in awe.


Finding out that Yuta is hopelessly in love with Taeyong is one thing. He's been thinking it for awhile now, too. If Taeyong didn't come over, is there a possibility for Yuta and Seulgi? Ten still likes her. He wonders how it will affect him and Yuta if the two get together. Jealousy is a strong feeling no matter what.


Ten was half heartedly happy when he found out that Seulgi turned Yuta down. He thought Taeyong's presence will help Yuta the most to get over his heartbreak. But it doesn't seem like it, now. And turns out that Taeyong is the subject of Yuta's overwhelming distress.


From what he sees and the things Yuta tells him, he supposed the older is giving Yuta mixed signals. He can't be so sure, though. Because Taeyong might just be a sweet bestfriend and it's just Yuta imagining things.


He's still so shook that Yuta actually likes another guy. He thought he bullies Winwin for that reason. Now, its making sense when Yuta once told Ten that Winwin is annoying because he reminds him so much of himself.

 

 

 

 

 

 


When he gets home, Taeyong wasn't done cooking yet. He looks so cute wearing Yuta's shirt, the one with the cute cats design. Slowly, he made his way to him.

Taeyong gasped in surprised when someone hugged him from the back.


"You're so cute in that shirt."


"I look funny." Instead of trying to wriggle out like he usually does, Taeyong leans on him but only a little.


"What do we have for dinner, honey?" Yuta jokes and Taeyong elbowed him.


"Take a shower. You're still wearing your uniform." Taeyong nags like the usual.


"You don't smell that good yourself." Yuta sniffled Taeyong's neck. It was a lie. Taeyong smells like flowers.


The older froze and Yuta thinks he's offended at the comment. "Did you just kissed my neck?"


"What?!" Yuta pulls away, defensive. "I didn't!"


"Then it's your snot on my neck! Yuta!" Taeyong whined. "You're so disgusting!"


Yuta shimmies away from Taeyong's wrath and wishes he just kissed him instead.


It was midnight when they finished watching the Japanese horror movies Yuta suggested. And an overview of Taeyong watching horror movies is just him covering his face with a pillow. He was so scared, Yuta is laughing.

Taeyong smacked him on the face when he told him that Toshio Saeki was waiting for him in the comfort room when Taeyong was about to pee. He ends up inside with Taeyong, facing the wall as he waits for the older to finish.


"Did you really not kissed me, though?"


"I really didn't, hyung." Yuta yawned. They were about to sleep now and the older wouldn't stop asking, it's funny.


"It really was your snot." Taeyong groaned slaps Yuta on the chest.


"But do you like me to kiss you, though?" Yuta asked, leaning up on his arms. He didn't let Taeyong answer and kissed the older on the cheek.

Pulling away, he gets nervous suddenly. Yuta doesn't know what he's doing anymore. He'd probably put himself in trouble with Taeyong for this.


He was expecting an earful of disgust or violent repulse, but Taeyong only sighed and says, "Did you even brush your teeth? Goodnight."


Yuta swore he can hear his heart beating right out of his chest.

 

 

 

 

 

"Dude I----"

"You what."

The first thing Yuta wants to tell Ten is the morning was what happened last night. He messaged Ten to come earlier on their first class.

"Dude. I kissed him on the cheek."


Ten's eyes grew big in surprise. "You what?!"


"I kissed him on the cheek. Dude."


"What?!" Ten gasped in surprise. "You what?!"


Yuta couldn't believe what happened until now. So he only nodded when Ten asked if it was true and not only his imagination.


"What did he say?!"


"He asked if I brushed my teeth."


"Did you?!" Ten asked.


"I don't remember." Yuta sighed. "I thought he was going to leave again. But dude, remember when I got drunk and he didn't talk to me for days?"


"Oh....What about it?"


"He mentioned it when we went to Baekyangsa. He said he hadn't forget what I did to him. I don't even remember what I did to him."


"I'm sure it's more than a kiss. You're dirty when you're drunk."


"Holy ."


The whole period, Yuta didn't get up. Burying his face on the desk and thinking about life.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Upon realization, Yuta admits it's difficult to avoid his friends he used to spend his everyday with. After that incident with Winwin, he stopped talking to everybody except for Ten. He thinks it's the right time to apologize to the younger too.


He pulled Ten to the mall with him, skipping their History class. Yuta told Ten that he was ready to apologize and will even buy Winwin a gift.

"Should I get him a duct tape so he would shut up?" Yuta asked once they entered the department store.


"You don't seem sincere. Let's just go back to class." Ten sighed. He has yet to fathom what has gotten into Yuta's head. He looks like he's in good mood too.


"Just help me pick up a gift. What does he like?"


"A new bed."


"I think I know now."

 

Yuta was pleased by his gift idea and bought 5 pairs of socks for Winwin. They went back to school the exact time History class were dismissed and Winwin is coming out of the classroom.


On their way back, Ten warned Yuta not to things up cos he'll be the one to knock him down if the tries to hurt Winwin again.


It was almost emotional because the moment Winwin finds out Yuta wants to have a talk with him, he was the first to apologize. Yuta isn't really a good talker, so it's Ten who spoke for him. It was too easy, because Winwin doesn't even seem to be mad at Yuta. But it was a relief to lessen the people he wants to avoid.


He wasn't ready to face the others yet, especially Johnny. So he contacts them on their group chat instead. Johnny is still a nagger, along with Hansol. Their conversation went long until Winwin insists that everything is fine and they shouls let it all go. That's when Yuta perceived that he's already forgiven.


He didn't tell Taeyong any of this. For the matter he still didn't want him to get close to Winwin again. It was selfish, he knows. But he likes things the way they are now.

 

 

 

 

 

"Who do you always text?"


Yuta puts his phone down immediately. They were at the city's public library. He accompanied Taeyong on finding a book the older needs for his Literature class. There weren't many people around and they choose a table on the corner where the fictional books are.


Actually, Yuta wasn't texting but rather taking pictures of Taeyong busy writing. The older snatched the phone away from Yuta, swiping on the screen.


"No, hyung. Give it back, please." Yuta tries to take it but Taeyong pulls away.


"Tell me your passcode. I wanna see who you're texting."


Yuta got up from his seat and successfully took it, beaming wide at the older. There's no way he's telling Taeyong his phone's passcode, or what he was doing with his phone.


"What about you, hyung? Who do you always text?" Yuta asked this time.


"Nobody."


"Lies!" Yuta accused. "Show me your phone!"


Taeyong didn't even hesitate on fishing his phone from his pocket and handing it to Yuta.


It didn't have a password and Taeyong is using Spongebob as his screen lock.When he swiped the screen, it led him to the message app. He scrolls down and Yuta is convinced that Taeyong replies to the list of conversation which are mostly female names because of the number of messages counts.

"Wow." Was all he said. Handing Taeyong's phone back. "So you flirt with everybody. Nice."


"I'm not like you." Yuta retorts.


"My phone isn't filled with messages frim femal---"


"You're not friendly enough." Taeyong barbs at him.

 

"Well, you don't seem friendly. But a flirt. You basically chat with 227 females and you call it being friendly. Amazing." Yuta gave him a hell. He didn't expect Taeyong's phone to be like that.


"You're being delusional. "


"Well, you're not even that good looking." Yuta spits.


"Can't you stop? I'm writing here." Taeyong hissed.


"Write back to your friends messages soon, too."


"Nakamoto Yuta!" Taeyong yelled. "That can't be coming from someone who makes out with hookers! Honestly, why aren't you shutting up?!"


Yuta shuts his mouth immediately. Something he should've done earlier.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


It was 5:30 o'clock when Taeyong's practice ended and Yuta waited for him. When they were walking home talking about the nearing cheerdance competition, Taeyong suddenly went silent.


"You're going to miss this year's football competition because of me."


Yuta didn't think Taeyong was still brooding about that. "There will always be next year, though."


"But still..."


Yuta takes Taeyong hand and holds it tight. "On the competition, please careful. Don't hurt yourself."


"Don't worry too much. I'm not as clumsy as you."


"But you're dumber than me."


"Don't even think of watching! !" Taeyong pulled away from him.


"Fine." Yuta heaves a sigh. Immediately missing the warmth of Taeyong's hand on his. "I'll just watch you sleep."


He muttered under his breath that Taeyong failed to hear. "What?"


"Fine. I'm not going to watch." Yuta walks ahead of him.


"You're really not going to watch?"


"Yuta don't ignore me!"


"Yuta!"


When they got back to their apartmentment, Yuta mimics the way Taeyong would sulk every time he's angry. He ignores the older, sporting the pouty lips face.


Yuta thinks Taeyong learned endearment from him too because the older is non-stop cooing him.

 

 

 

---------

 

Did you guys like the song "The Stray"??? Omg