7.

Would you let me?

I'm so sorry if all of u were terrified from the previous chapter but I hope this chapter clears up a lot of things 

 

 

_

 

Taeyong knows exactly what Yuta was thinking when he sees him sitting on the couch the next day. Elbows resting on too of his knees and hands clasped to his face. When he told Yuta about it last night, the younger doesn't tell him anything anymore.

"Yuta, I'm---"

"I'm going to talk to Dahyun. You need to apologize to her."

"That's not going to work."

"Taeyong, what you did was--"

"I already apologized to her. Dozen times. I lost counting."

Yuta bit his lip. "Well, you know you sho--shouldn't have done that. Why did you do that? Taeyong, I don't understand. "


It's troubling to see how frustated Yuta was so Taeyong gets to the point. "Yuta, I didn't actually harrass her. She agreed to do it with me, too. Until..."


The glare Yuta gave him almost made Taeyong choke. "Then what is it? You said you forced her, didn't you? What exactly did you do, Taeyong?!"

"Yuta---please."

"Please, what?!" Yuta scowled and stood up, walking away. "!"

"I told her I'm going to break up with her if she wouldn't do it with me." Taeyong says.

Yuta had the courage to look at him again. "T--that it? You didn't hurt her?"


Taeyong shook his head. "But--but she hurts me."

The memory erupts in him like a volcano. Taeyong palms his his eyes as tears began streaming. There's no way he could forget it. How he was ridiculed by everybody. The air was hard to intake as Taeyong remembers the hurtful words that was told against him, loud enough for him to hear, even from people who weren't involved and doesn't even know him. The crack of laughter every time they see him or hear his name. Maybe it was karma for everything he'd done, but there's a limit to what he can take. And him alone, versus the world, isn't one thing he could bear.

 

Yuta fights back his emotions, and clenched his fist rather. He could just be heaving for sympathy, and it's defeating how complicated Taeyong gets each day. This wasn't the Taeyong that he knew at all, and it made him afraid.


"She told everyone that I--I was gay. And they all made fun of me about it. It went on for so long...They wouldn't let me live...that I had to go." Taeyong bawls, in breaths. "I tried ignoring them. But they wouldn't stop. They--they made me cry in front of them. I was their laughing stack.I don't want it to happen again..Yuta. I don't want to feel it again- and I--m afraid Jungwoo will tell everybody.."


Yuta wonders if it hurts how hard he had pulled Taeyong in his arms. Or how disgusted he would feel when Yuta placed a kiss on top of his head. He didn't spay anything, but holds Taeyong tighter as the older was burried on his chest. It tears him apart, every time he feels the vibration of coming out from Taeyongs cries.

 

This time, Yuta believed him.

 

 

 


The next day, Taeyong didn't go to school but Yuta told him about his plan on talking to Jungwoo. It will be risky since both of them are not very acquainted with one another. But Yuta can try. He promised Taeyong that everything will be better, and that he has nothing to worry about.


It's ridiculous how much he thinks about Taeyong that it made his head literally ache. Also, it took forever for Jungwoo to respond to his Kakao. So now he waits for him at the coffee shop steps away from their school.


"Yuta hyung!" Jungwoo kindly bowed at him before taking a seat. "You called for me? What is this about?"


Yuta studied his face first, before nodding. "You know what I want to talk about."


Jungwoo's eyes doubled it's size and Yuta figures he should change his tone the next time. He smiled apologetically. "Yeah. The cheering."

"Oh." Yuta mirrored his face awhile ago. He concluded the other turned down Ten's invitation too. "It's not that."

"Oh....No?" He looked at him questioningly.


Yuta looked down at his coffee instead, he paused got a long time. "A lot of things happened in the past..... One could made a mistake--yet regret it. Not for a day, but they could live with for so long. Pained and insecure. I know I shouldn't be telling you this...but.."


Jungwoo seemed confused but listens anyway.


"But what happened to Taeyong and Dahyun.. It was just yesterday when he told me about it. And he was harrassed too." Yuta stopped to look at Jungwoo after saying this and waits for him to object when he saw that the other was listening intently, his lips on a thin line. "He has yet to recover from it, too. It was difficult for him, as well. He transferred here, hoping to start anew and in hopes to shrug off all that. But now, he's scared. That it's going to happen again. I'm sorry for dragging you into this, but, if I may ask a favor---"


"Oh wait. Wait." Jungwoo was shaking his hands defensively in the air. "No need to worry about it. I never told anybody about that, not even Taeil hyung. I'm sorry if it's me that made Taeyong feel that way. Oh my god, what do I do."


A small smile made it's way to Yuta's face that he sported away.

"I wasn't really one of those who made fun of him, but I didn't do anything to help him either. He deserves my apology." Jungwoo says. "It was all Dahyun's fault. He never should've went out with her."


Yuta wrinkled his brows reading the last part. "What do you mean it's all her fault?"


"Well, she didn't have to tell everybody what went on between them. He didn't have to be singled out if it wasn't for Dahyun's fault, it's not fair, just because he is..." Jungwoo puts his lips into a thin line. Deciding not to finish that.


Yuta's confusion grew more. What is it about Taeyong being accused gay? Did Dahyun just decides to get even by calling him that and telling it to everybody? What kind of stories did she made up to make everyone believe? Or what exactly happened that made her claim that?


"W--why was that? Why did they call him ga--"


"You don't know?" Jungwoo's eyes grew even bigger.

Yuta only looked at him, confused.


"Well, I'd understand why he wouldn't tell you that specifically. It's most probably not true anyway. I'm sure Dahyun only said rhat to mock him.But, let's close that one. He probably didn't want you to know, too. Tell him not to worry. I'm not going to tell anyone anything." Jungwoo stood up and bowed to him. "You have my words. Thank you for the coffee, Yuta hyung. I'll see you around, Taeil hyung is waiting for me outside."


Yuta watches as Jungwoo waved at him and leave the cafe. He was left there alone and intrigued that he let out a loud sigh. So, something happened to Taeyong that had him condemned for. But what is it, Yuta wants to know.

 

When he gets home, he told Taeyong how his talk with Jungwoo went but not the last part. Taeyong gave him a smile, as if to make him know he was relieved and yet Yuta knew he wasn't. By looking into his eyes, Yuta can see right through Taeyong.


Before they sleep, he reassured Taeyong again. When the older is deep in his dreams, Yuta sat up in bed to look at him. It may sound unseemly in so many ways, but Yuta finds it addicting to watch Taeyong sleep. It didn't calm him and yet he still yearns for Taeyong to stay in his eyes.


Yuta knows he shouldn't feel this way for Taeyong. What he believes is a mere admiration and gratitude to someone like a brother he loves for so long. The sentiments inside him used to be serene, and blissful. But now it wasn't, and he wonders what has changed.

 

 

 

" keeps on blocking the view." Yuta muttered under his breath.


The expectators seats is all he will ever be now until his team captain decides to takes him back. But captain was playing hard to get and Yuta isn't one to plead. He'll be on the bleachers whenever Johnny and Hansol have basketball games, also when Doyoung compete for tennis and that one time Ten joined a street dance match. But he had to stay at the bleachers too after class to wait for Taeyong's cheerdance to finish.


"Which one?" Ten asked.


Ten decides to rest and sit beside Yuta with a bottled water and let Seulgi teach Taeyong. Winwin joined as well and is jumping around on the field, blocking what Yuta has claimed his view.


Yuta looked at Ten as if the other's question was so unnerving.

Ten laughed cheekily. "Remind him not to check my Cinderella out." He snorts when he saw Taeyong holding Seulgi's waist. There was a part of the choreograohy where the boys have to lift up the female dancers and that's what the two are practicing now.


"He could get all the girls in the team without even lifting a finger."


"Oh and you're going to let him do that?" Ten asked.


Yuta only looks away instead of answering. Ten always interrogate him nonsensical questions he doesn't know why he's even asking.


"Look here japanese man, You think I've yet to figure it out?"


", Sherlock."


"I know since day one that you're obviously in love with Taeyong, it's funny. Now if you have yet to conceive this nutty fact, then you're welcome."


Yuta was going to retort but nothing comes out of his mouth as he watches Ten's retreating back. He watches in awe as Ten advanced towards Taeyong and s his arms around him, startling the other. Yuta balled his fist in annoyance just because.


He promised not to think about it but what happened was definitely the contrary and he lost his thinking about what Ten said that night.

 

 

 

The next day, Yuta woke up with a smile and shrugged it off. There's no way he was and Ten was funny for even thinking that. He's laughs at the thought of whacking Ten on the face later on at school which Taeyong questions, "What are you laughing at?"


"O-oh. Nothing." Yuta shook his head and preceded on tying his shoelace.


"Honestly, Yuta do I look funny to you. Me, in your school uniform, is this really funny."


Yuta was abashed because Taeyong is at it again with the uniform. He swore he only laughed once because Taeyong looks so good it's unreal even when his tie was crooked. But the older didn't believe him and thought Yuta is just making fun. "N--no. It's not tha---"


The pout on Taeyong's face was really funny while he s his uniform.

"Hey, Taeyong. What are you---"

"Have respect on me!"

"What the." Yuta inches towards Taeyong and holds his hands to stop him. "What are you doing? Taking this off? And skip school again?" He shook his head and snorting as he buttons his unform back, the older let's him do it.


"Stop laughing at me."


Yuta feels sad because it's obvious how much confidence Taeyong had lost. When they were younger, Taeyong would say he looks good in anything and looks better than anybody. But now, he hesitates on what to wear and feels conscious about everything. Taeyong looks so defeated, and Yuta wants to hug him.


Yuta finished the last button and pats it. "There. Don't go in front of me, that's ia."

Taeyong slapped him on the arm, a frown is still painted on his face. "Finish your shoes, we'll be late for schoo."


"Oh my. Hyung is such a baby."


"Shut up Nakamoto Yuta."

 

 

 


A small event was held in their school and there were food stalls at the football field. Johnny made fun of Yuta and summoned him there so the latter could set a foot in the field again. They stumbled over a female student that bumped into Yuta, intentionally, and ask if he can acquaint her with Taeyong. Yuta told her he'll ask him first and the lady squealed so hard and jabs Yuta on the chest he almost cried.

His palm is still on his chest in hopes to ease the pain but it's stinging like hell that Johnny is bothered of him groaning too much.


"Are you like burning because we're at the football field?"


"I'm pained. Don't touch me." Yuta says.


"They sell japanese foods on that side." Johnny pointed on the right. "Let's find your takoyaki."


Yuta hissed. "You sound like Taeyong."


"He's so popular. All the girls in my class are talking about him, well they used to talk about me." Johnny laughed at his own joke. "Has he always been popular?"


Yuta nodded. "Yeah, he looked even better before. Black hair and he wasn't too skinny. I dyed my hair brown and he copied me."


"But you're really going to ask him about the girl earlier?"


Yuta hummed unsure.


"What's his ideal type?"


"I don't know." Yuta say. "Why? Are you interested in him?"


"Not as interested as you."


Yuta jabs him on the chest the same way the girl did to him.

"."


"Hansol hyung is full of . He talked to Seulgi about me."

"Don't get him wrong." Johnny pats him on the back. "He talks about you a lot. He's just a concern hyung."


Yuta nods in understanding. "Well, I should thank him for that. I don't have to avoid her anymore."


"I still find it annoying that you and Ten are trying to hit on my best friend."


Yuta only stick out his tongue at him and was startled by Taeyong and Ten sitting at a booth on a dumpling stall.


"Hey look its Eren and the 50 meter titan!" Ten shouts loud and wave a hand a them.


"He's so embarrassing." Johnny sighed when he saw everybody was looking.

They sat with them at the booth, Johnny headlocking Ten now choking on his food. It was a funny scene and many people are looking that Yuta wants to signal Taeyong that they leave.

"No practice today?"

Taeyong gulped at his juice before nodding and gave a dumpling to Yuta. "I texted you."


"Oh?" Yuta pulled out his phone and see messages and even missed calls from 'princess'.


Johnny was still beating up Ten for dear life and the latter's voice grinds to everybody's ear.


Yuta pulled Taeyong to stand and pointed at a milk shake stall.

"But you don't like sweets."

"But you do."

"Okay."


It was priceless. The smile on Taeyong's face when Yuta ordered a cookie crumbled milk shake for him, it has a few cookie and pretzels bits and tiny chocolate bars.

"Gain weight." Yuta tells him and hands him the cup.


"I love you."


It was for him to hear, but Yuta knows it meant nothing more than that. He doesn't understand why this bothers him now. Somehow, it had Yuta ogling at Taeyong's face. He looks so stupid right now because Taeyong is staring back at him with a questioning look.


"What?" Taeyong swiped a finger on his lip and noticed there was a chocolate chip. "Oh."


Lately there has been a lot of notions in Yuta's head that have him come to a halt. It's like his surroundings would delay for a moment, until he's pulled back to his trance. He's over thinking a mere thought he couldn't even grasp. Of blur ideas running on his mind he doubts he'll get over with soon.


Taeyong eats, a smile never leaving his face at the chocolate as they walk back to the school's main building. It's quarter to six and Yuta says they should head home. They left the school in silence when Taeyong's Sweet Child O'Mine ringtone suddenly booms. Yuta walks ahead of him and let's him talk in private.


"It's Winwin. He said he wants to come over for food." Taeyong says when he catch up.

Yuta hummed.

"I told him not to." Taeyong nudged Yuta on the arm. "It's just today we didn't go gome late from practice. You want to sleep early, right?"


"Ah... Ten already moved out." Yuta tells Taeyong just to say something.


"Winwin kept on whining about it in English class earlier. Apparently, he hates sleeping alone." Taeyong chuckled. "Such a baby."


"You hate sleeping alone too." Yuta retorts.


"Do you......do you hate sharing a bed?" Taeyong suddenly asked, biting his lip. "Am I bothering you a lot?"


Yuta an eyebrows at the question, before smiling. "Yes, you bother me a lot."


Taeyong's lip was put into a thin line as he stared at the ground.


"When you act cute, you make my heart hurt. Aigooo." Yuta pinches Taeyong on the cheek.


It was a quick reflex that Taeyong whacks him hard on the chest. The same spot where the girl jabs him earlier.

"Ow. Aw. Hyung! Not there!"


"Y--Yuta I'm sorry." Taeyong didn't intend to do it but he felt so sorry when he saw the pain on Yuta's face. "Oh my god. Yuta!"


Yuta would still play hurt, but the look in Taeyong's eyes makes it seem like he was going to cry. He ended up laughing hysterically and Taeyong starts punching him again, but lightly, this time.


"Ow. Hyung! Stop! Stop!"


"Stop my , you're enjoying it."


They were startled and turned their heads to the source of the voice. It was Doyoung with Jaehyun, they're waiting at the bus station too.

Yuta wonders why Doyoung is mad at everything.


"We don't know him." Yuta whispered and wrapped an arm around Taeyong.

 

 

 

They have a get together on a Friday night. Hansol won free pizza coupons in a raffle at their school. They're group chat box exploded with joy and everyone agreed to come.

Taeyong was preparing dinner when Yuta sees him looking at his phone. The younger waits for him to talk about their gathering.

"Ten is coming too, I think. Do you want to come?" Taeyong asked.


Yuta beamed a toothy smile and shake his head. "I prefer the food you make over free pizza."


Taeyong smiled at him and resumed what he was doing. He told Yuta that he wasn't comfortable when Jungwoo is around. This isn't the first time they're passing on a get together when Jungwoo is coming along.

 

"If you stick with me, you will lose all your friends."


"They're your friends too." Yuta watches Taeyong's back. "But I'd rather lose them than lose you."


"Do you like your soup spicy?" Taeyong asked.


Yuta was still staring when Taeyong faced him.


"Hmm?"


"Love." He corrected. Maybe because Taeyong is being nice cooking him food and even asking what he likes, that's why he suddenly wants to tell Taeyong that he loves him.

 

 

 

 

Multiples of paper works sat on the desk. Yuta curses inwardly when their teacher just left them with all the work. It didn't help too when all Ten is doing is yawning beside him. The younger makes a funny face at him and he took it as his chance to ask.


"Hey Ten...about what you said the last time."


"Oh that." Ten yawned again. "Don't mind that. Sorry for even saying that."


"But---"


Ten looked at with big expectant eyes. "Oh my god. So are you really?"


"N--No! What makes you think that? I---I mean why did you say that?"


Rolling his eyes, Ten groaned. "You're so in denial it bores me."


"Why do you---"


"Listen here , if he just decides he's bored with you, he'll find another one, and I think Winwin definitely stood a chance."


"I heard my nam---"


"And when that time comes don't come running to me, I'd only laugh at your sorry ."


"When did you become this good in Korean?" Yuta asked him in wonder.


Ten gives up by flipping a finger on his face.

 

 

 

 

"I'm so angry I'm going bald."


Ten laughs at Yuta hysterically. The older just pulled him from the field, they we're having a 15 minute break from practice. Winwin was tickling Taeyong to the ground and the two were laughing so hard, Ten knew Yuta's ears were bleeding.


Before Ten can say it, Yuta blurts "I'm jealous. ."

 

 

-------- 

 

Who else cried when yuta said the sword is to protect taeyong