Epilogue

Would you let me?

The holiday vacation starts early. Yuta told his parents he isn't flying back to Japan until Christmas and come for the new year with Taeyong. Taeyong convinced him to spend Christmas with his family instead since Taeyong's mom miss him a lot but Yuta believes it's just Taeyong who wants him around. It's been awhile that they spent holidays together and he wants it too so Yuta agrees to it. Anything that has Taeyong on it sounds good to Yuta.


"Are you sure about this?"


Yuta chortles, watching Taeyong's shaking hands button up his plaid shirt. Taeyong always insist on doing it for him. "What are you so nervous about? You don't want your parents to know that I'm your boyfriend?"


"It's not that...I just---what if." Taeyong wants to say he's worried about what they're reaction might be. The two of them coming out together will be a huge turn out of events, especially to his parents. But he didn't want Yuta's hope to go down.


Yuta pecks Taeyong on the lips but his face quickly contorts at the taste. "God, you ate chocolate this early."


Taeyong hides the way his bottom lip juts out at that. "You never actually told me you hate chocolates until yesterday. We've always had them when we were kids. Must've been hard for you."


"Anything for my princess." His lips curl into a genuine smile.


"Stop calling me that. I am a handsome-manly man." Taeyong hissed, rolling his eyes.


"Don't call yourself that when you're basically my girlfriend." Yuta teased.


"Shut up and put your shoes on. We'll be late."


"Stop worrying." Yuta reassures him another time. "I'll talk to your mom first. I believe she's going to be fine with it."


"You think so?"


"I guess." Yuta smiles at him.


And if she doesn't? Taeyong wants to ask. He isn't sure why Yuta is very confident about all this. But maybe it's a good idea for his parents to know what's going on between them instead of keeping their relationship a secret.

 

 

 

 

 

When both of them arrived at the train station at 10 o'clock in the morning, the place was already crowded. Yuta suggested they could take the bus but Taeyong said it was safer to take the train, but Yuta thinks it has to do with the other being a germophobe. Taeyong trusts the train system's sanitation.


A sigh of relief escaped Taeyong's mouth when there were double seats available for them and like the usual, he lets Yuta sit by the window. And when he wasn't looking, Yuta quickly used his palm to wipe the cold moist from the window glass so he see the outside much clearer.


A smile made it's way to Yuta's face when Taeyong intertwined their fingers and rested his head on Yuta's shoulder. It's not always that Taeyong initiates skinship. Yuta noticed Taeyong only does it when there's only the two of them in their apartment or when he's sure no one is looking.


Are they on a relationship? Yuta isn't sure. There's no name for it. But this way, it's perfect. Because he's sure Taeyong belongs to him alone. Ten is the only person aware of his feelings towards Taeyong, and he hasn't told anyone else about it. He just let the others figure it out. It isn't that hard to get the idea. Johnny always tell them that they act like a couple since day one anyway.


Yuta scowled when he loads his Line feed and sees Ten's post. It was a picture of him and Seulgi doing the V sign with the caption saying "Guess who's out on their first date? Disney land 💘"

"What the actual. Ten over me. Is this a joke." Yuta muttered to himself that didn't go unheard by Taeyong. Ten definitely didn't tell him anything. Yuta believes he owe him a good explanation regarding this.


"What is it?" He asked, grabbing Yuta's phone to scan the picture. What's wrong with it? Taeyong wants to ask.


"Everyone at school thinks she has a high standard for guys. Then she's going out with Ten? That's so ing hilarious." Yuta snorts incredibly. Feeling ashamed that the whole school knows that Seulgi, Kang Seulgi, turned him down. And for everyone to know that she's suddenly going out with Ten? Yuta couldn't imagine such picture in his head.


Taeyong lifts his head up from Yuta's shoulder. "What? Are you jealous? Fine, then go to Disneyland. You don't need to come to my house." Taeyong sneered, grimacing at Yuta's overt reaction when he should be happy for Ten. He shakes Yuta's hand off his.


"I think the jealous one here is you." Yuta chuckles and didn't let Taeyong retaliate by grabbing the collar of his jacket and kissing him full on the lips. He noticed Taeyong's hesitation before resisting and pushing him away.


"S--stop. There are so many people around." Taeyong pulled away, his face turning red. Earning another hearty chuckle from Yuta.


"Is Jaehyun's classmate still texting you?"


"I'm not a flirt like you." Taeyong bats.


"This is great. You're angry and cute. Now, let me sleep." Yuta announced and rest his head on Taeyong's shoulder this time. He anticipates a push, but Taeyong lifts his hand to carress Yuta's cheek instead.

 

 


Yuta awokens to a gentle tap on his thigh. The train came to a stop right when he opens his eyes. He smiled at Taeyong before yawning and taking the other's hand to help him stand. They were the last to come out of the train because Yuta still couldn't find his footing.


"I slept longer than I should." Yuta says apologetic, once they were out of the station.


"For three hours. Yuta." Taeyong says a matter of factly.


"What did you do while I was sleeping?" Yuta asked and Taeyong looked at him as if it was the most impossible question ever.


"Nothing?" Taeyong says, because Yuta was anticipating. "Are you hungry?"


"Very."


Taeyong laughed when Yuta made a face and pulled him to the convenient store just beside the station. He watches in disgust as Yuta dives in his next cup of instant noodles.


"Are you sure you don't want to eat?" Yuta asked him.


Taeyong raised his cup of coffee. "I'm good."


"This is why you are so thin." Yuta muttered, shaking his head dramatically. "Should I get them a present?"


"Eh, that's too much." Taeyong huffed. The fact that in a few moment, they are coming out to his parents still make him wary but he didn't want to voice it out for it might discourage Yuta. He didn't want to overdo it, and whatever his parents would say, Taeyong shall accept it. Except, he can see how hopeful Yuta is and he didn't want to see him down. His face contorts in pain when his tongue got burned by the coffee. "Mom is only nice to me when you're around anyway."


"You know what that means?" Yuta asked.


"That I should always have you around?" He guesses.


Yuta huffed, making a disgusted face. "God, why are you so obessesed with me. It means there's something wrong with you, that's why."


Taeyong opens his mouth to say something. He wasn't laughing and just staring at Yuta in disbelief. Then he stood up and walk out on him.


"H--hey!" Yuta calls, gathering their phones on the table along with Taeyong's coffee. He dashed through the door, making sure to keep Taeyong in sight who was walking fast and on the other side of the road already. "Are you serious? Taeyong! It was a joke!"


"I know!" Taeyong stopped on his tracks to scowl at him.


It was cute and Yuta chuckled inwardly. Although he often gets sulky, Taeyong is easier to please now that they started going out and Yuta always gets away from his wrath.


"We're not taking the taxi?" Yuta asked.


He shook his head. "I want you to think about what you're going to tell them."


Yuta takes huge steps so he's walking beside Taeyong. "I told you not to worry about it. I'm just going to tell your mom that we're together. That's it."


"You think it's that easy?"


Yuta hummed. "And she's gonna help me tell your dad, right?"


"You're nervous."


"He's going to kill me."


"I'm sure."


When Taeyong's house was in sight, Yuta noticed him out of it, so he elbowed the other who was pulled out of his trance. Seeing the hesitation from the other's eyes, suddenly made Yuta agitated. What has gotten into his mind all along, he doesn't know either.

 

 

 

 

 


By the moment Mrs. Lee opened the door for them, Taeyong heard Yuta muttered something before greeting his mom. He studied Yuta's face and notice him going pale.


"T--Taeyong, I'm gonna bring your bag to your room."


Taeyong widens his eyes at him but Yuta just bows his way inside the house. Ignoring the four eyes that are probably throwing daggers at him now.


"What took the two of you so long?" Mrs. Lee asked.


"We ate before we got here. Mom, is Ruby here?" Taeyong asked, looking inside to scan the house. No signs of bitten shoes around and he knows the answer.


"Last week. You could've told me you're coming sooner. Pick her up at your cousin's house tomorrow with Yuta." Mrs. Lee smiled and Taeyong followed him to the kitchen.


"I'm going to help you cook." Taeyong offered, washing his hands. The vegetables were lined up at the table and he couldn't help himself not to do anything about them. He's thinking of what Yuta said the other night when he suggested Taeyong should consider his love for cooking for his future career. Yuta always compliments his cooking and he never fails to make Taeyong's heart flutter all the time.


"Is Yuta okay?"


"I....guess he's not feeling well." Taeyong said. Picking up the knife and the chopping board. This wasn't how he imagined things are going to be. He already looked forward for something terrifying and definitely not a Yuta with his mouth all zipped. The complete opposite of how they talked this to be. He's going to talk to Yuta later. "Is noona going to stay in her uni? What about dad? What time is he coming home?"


"Let's see." Mrs. Lee looked at the wallclock, it's 5 o'clock. "About your sister, you should ask her. Your dad have an over time today at the office. We can have dinner ahead of him. He's not going home until 10."


Taeyong nods and started cutting the vegetables. Sighing that his dad is not coming home sooner. Even if he is close to Yuta, he's still strict. Just the thought of how he's going to react once Yuta and Taeyong comes out to him, makes Taeyong head hurt.


At least, he believes his mother will be okay with it.

 

 

 


Taeyong climbs up his room when he's done. When he entered, Yuta was on his bed, hands at the back of his head and staring blankly at the ceiling. He didn't even glanced at Taeyong who entered the room.


"He's like a mother to me. I don't wanna disappoint her." Yuta defended by the way Taeyong is staring at him, hands on hips and feet away from the bed.


An exasperated sigh left Taeyong's mouth, he sat on the bed and reach out to Yuta's pocket to get his phone. Writing a message to his sister.


To: Hara Lee


Noona, I'm in the house. Can you come home from the uni tonight? I have something important to tell mom but I don't know how to. Can you help me? Yuta is here too.

 

"Who are you texting?" Yuta asked, sitting up.


"Winwin."


"What the he----"


"Noona!" Taeyong screeched. "Do you wanna go home?"


Yuta groaned in response. Shifting on his side to cover his face with a pillow.


"Take a shower. You still smell like that thing you ate at the store."


"Now that I think about it, I didn't bring any clothes with me." Yuta sat up again. His chest pounding fast when Taeyong leans in to fix his disheveled hair. He still have no idea how to deal with the butterflies in his stomach whenever Taeyong is around.


"I still have a lot in the drawers. You can use mine."


"You don't mind?" Yuta asked, his voice almost cracks with the lump on his throat.


"Hurry up. We're going to eat dinner."

 

 

 

 


When Yuta comes out of the shower, Taeyong was going to ask but it seemed like he was avoiding the topic. It was only Yuta's idea anyway. Besides, it wasn't too important and they can still be together without Taeyong's parents knowing. All they have to avoid for their stay is the between them. He can keep himself together but he doubts Yuta could.


A knock on the door tells them it's time for dinner. Taeyong's sister arrived by the time he finished setting up the table. And like the usual, she's excited about the box of pizza she brought home with her. Bragging about her vegetarian diet and telling her mom she's not provoked by such food. Yuta is used to her being too noisy and whiny, which reminds him of how Taeyong was back then.


"Let's eat. Ah, I wish dad was here." Mrs. Lee said.


"Mom, you never told me Taeyong is coming home!"


"Well he told me yesterday."


Taeyong watches everyone in the table carefully. He looks at Yuta, and he's sure the latter is avoiding everyone's gaze and pretends to be enjoying the food. Which can't be true since he hates vegetables. His heart skipped a beat when Yuta placed a hand on his thigh under the table, only to squeeze it.


"You always cook so well." Yuta tells Mrs. Lee. to break the silence.


She smiles. "That's how you win the heart of the person you love. I wish Taeyong didn't inherit this talent, he has too many girlfriends now doesn't he?"


"Mom!" Taeyong scowled at her.


"How about you, Yuta? Do you have a girlfriend now, finally?"


"Ah..... I don't---"


"Actually, mom. He has a boyfriend and it's Taeyong. They're together." Hara, Taeyong's sister, said so casually.


Everyone in the table gasped at her. Surprised at the sudden confession, Mrs. Lee choked on her food and blindly reaches for the glass of water.


"W--what did you say?!"


"Uh.. You don't know?" Was Hara's nonchalant response.


Taeyong didn't know how to respond to the jittery situation and he figures Yuta and him are on the same page when he saw the horror on the other's eyes. He looks at her mother, it wasn't anger but disappointment painted on her face and his heart crushed to pieces.


"Taeyong.... Is it true?"


Taeyong hears the hesitant when his mother asked him. Should he deny it? Anything to make the situation lighter but he guesses Hara will find a way to make it worse again. Even so, he couldn't look her mother in the eye so just bit his sleep.


"Yuta? Would you mind explaining? Oh my god, what's going on. I---" His mother huffed in frustration and Yuta avoided her gaze


Silence. That tells a lot.


She turned around to excuse herself but Taeyong didn't missed when her hand reach up to what could be tears to wipe it.


"How long have you two been dating?" Hara asked, enthusiast as if her mother didn't just walk out on them.


Still speechless, Taeyong looks at her impossibly. He didn't expect for the confrontation to happen that awfully quick. Yuta and him could've find another timing. However, just looking at the situation, it's not like his mother is going to act differently.


"What? Isn't what you were going to tell her?" Hara questions when two are just staring at her. "Why? Is Yuta asking for your hand already that's why you came here? Going to get married, the two of you?"


"Noona! That was so bad. I shouldn't have asked you to come." Taeyong groaned and slams his face on the table, Yuta mirrors his actions.


"You're so mean! I just helped you!"


"And I wish you didn't." He groaned again.


"Fine." Hara rolled her eyes.


Taeyong stood up and pulled the puzzled Yuta with him. Leaving his sister whining incoherent words at the table. Once they locked themselves in Taeyong's room, nobody speak a word, speechless at what just happened.


Confused, Yuta watches in awe as Taeyong on the corner of the room was taking off his belt and jeans as if he wasn't bothered having Yuta see him do that. Hell he's never seen Taeyong , and just thinking about it makes him....Swallowing the lump on his throat, he tries not to feel things when Taeyong is only on his shirt and boxer shorts.


"Are you trying to put on a show?" Yuta couldn't help but ask, eyes roaming on Taeyong's pale legs.


"It's ruined." Ignoring his question, Taeyong groaned, jumping flat on his bed. His face buried on the pillow. He kicks his feet in frustration and stops when he feels a weight another weight on his bed. He shouldn't have assumed his mother will be okay with it. Looking at it now, it did seem weird that Yuta, his childhood best friend, is his boyfriend suddenly. Must be a shock for his mother to hear it after going through Taeyong's problems with girlfriends all these years. It grind through his ears when he hears Yuta snickering.


"What? Was it funny?"


"No. I just." Yuta chuckled one more. "Hara is basically you, if you grow your hair like hers."


"And that's so important now?" Taeyong scowled at him.


Yuta responded by pulling Taeyong on the collar and kissing him full on the lips. It's automatic, the way his hands wrapped around Taeyong's body to pull him closer, wanting to feel him more. And yet, the force of Taeyong's hands on his chest pushing him away makes the feeling of rejection spills like thunder to his whole being.


Usually, Yuta still laugh and pull him again for another kiss. But this time, he didn't.


"Have you changed your mind about me?" Yuta asked in a low voice and stood up. Taeyong opens his mouth to say something but Yuta didn't let him. "The last time you kissed me back was three weeks ago. Say it. So I could leave."


"W---why would you think that." Taeyong stammers. With shaking hands, he pulls Yuta back to the bed and hugged him from behind. Burying his face on the younger's back. The last thing he wants to happen is for Yuta to turn his back on him.


Yuta was surprised at that. His hand reaching up to Taeyong's arm wrapped around his chest, and he asked. "Do you love me?"


As much as he wants Taeyong all to himself, all these questions bugs his mind. Taeyong isn't the type to be affectionate, not to sweet talk, although he takes care of Yuta but he acts as if he was only obliged to do it. Taeyong told Yuta he loved him, once. But maybe it was different from the way of how Yuta interprets his words.


"I do. So much. I love you so much." Taeyong whispers, voice muffled by Yuta's back but he hears him clearly. And Taeyong tightens his embrace.


"I love you too, Tae---"


Taeyong didn't let him finish and shifts so he'd straddling Yuta's lap. He pushed the younger so his back is flat on the bed and pulls his head down to kiss him.


Yuta takes it and let's Taeyong dominate the kiss. Trying to muffle the soft moans and enjoying the way Taeyong feels exploring his mouth. He felt Taeyong's hands on the expanse of his chest down to his stomach. And Taeyong's mouth left his to kiss him on the neck, hungrily down to his chest. He didn't expect Taeyong to pull his shirt up and Yuta lifts his back to help Taeyong take his shirt off completely. His grip on Taeyong's waist tightens when the older's tongue began to be ticklish on his skin. A breathy sigh left his mouth when Taeyong stops his ministrations to pull off his own shirt.


For a split second, Yuta looks him in the eye. He wonders if Taeyong wants this too, or he just feel like he needs to do it. But his question is answered immediately when Taeyong whispers "I love you" and dives down to kiss him on the lips again. Hands now fiddling on the waist band of Yuta's basketball shorts. A small gasp leaves Yuta's mouth when Taeyong taps him on the belly signaling him to lift up, and then he pulls his short off. Yuta felt his cheeks redden realizing he is only on his briefs for Taeyong to see.


Yuta doesn't think he wants this to stop. He shifts and turn them around so he's hovering Taeyong. Connecting his abused lips to the other, Taeyong kisses him back. Yuta grinds down on Taeyong's hard on, swallowing the moans coming out of the other. Before Taeyong could make a move of pushing him away, Yuta use his both hands to grip at Taeyong's wrist. Grinding harder, Yuta at Taeyong's neck down to his collar. Enjoying the moans Taeyong was trying to hold back.

 

Experimentally, he palms at Taeyong's and felt the other's leg flinch at the feeling. He traces Taeyong's waistband with his fingers, and just as he was about to take it off, loud knock from the door errupts in the room.


"Taeyong, I'm coming in!"


Ever so quickly, Taeyong shoved Yuta away and run to the door. Terrified upon hearing Taeyong's father's voice, Yuta froze in his spot. Grabbing a pillow to cover his front when he saw Mr. Lee from a distance at the door frame with a stupid looking Taeyong in boxers.


"What was it your mother told me?"


Taeyong felt shivers run down his spine. He tries to hide his almost body behind the door, also Yuta. But it was clear that he failed miserably judging by the outraging look his father is giving him.


"Is this what you two came here for?"


"D--dad, we don't do a-anything like that." Taeyong denied.


"Yeah?" Mr. Lee raised his brow. "And are you going to explain to me why the two of you are ?"


"N--no. We---we just..." Taeyong bit his tongue in frustration. Ashamed at the face his father makes, waiting for him to finish.


"If I hear any , I'm sending the two of you out." Mr. Lee warns in a very stern voice, then he looks at Yuta who was still frozen on the bed. "And you, we'll have a word tomorrow."


Taeyong anxiously watch his father take a few steps, closing the door in silence. Groaning, he facepalms, blindly reaching out to the towel hanging on the wall to wrap on his waist before he looks at Yuta. Who's watching him from the distance with expectant eyes.


"You heard that." Taeyong tells him.


"What? You kissed me first." Yuta says, defensive. He shrugs, lying back down on the bed to stare at the ceiling, side eyeing Taeyong who walks in the bathroom. He doesn't know why he felt irritated, whether is it because of Taeyong's father's wrath or their make out session that was put to a stop. Sighing loud, Yuta is sure it's most likely the latter.


Although, thinking of the whole situation puts him into bad mood. He felt so guilty and insecure. He should've thought over this possibility instead of being confident that he's good enough for the person he wants to be with. Rejection fogs his mind and it hurts, realizing he hasn't done enough and prove himself that he's good enough for Taeyong to keep him. He loves Taeyong, but that shouldn't just end there. They're still too young, but that's not reason enough since he's already gotten himself where he wants to. With Taeyong.

 


He follows after Taeyong in the shower. Took him long to come out and Taeyong is already fast asleep on the bed. "No , really." He muttered to himself and walks through the window.


He deliberates about the situation. He doesn't think he could face Taeyong's parents anymore after what just happened. Bad decisions lead to bad outcomes, Yuta shook his head at that. Sitting by the window, he had bo idea how long he's been staring at the nothingness of the dark skies. He's tired but he's sure he wouldn't be able to sleep. Glancing at Taeyong who seemed peaceful on the bed for hours now. At first, he thought he was only pretending to sleep and now Yuta wonders how come the older isn't bothered by all this and even managed to doze off.


And so, like the usual, Yuta needs someone to talk to and it will always be this one person. He dials Ten.


"Are you in Thailand?"


"No. My flight is next week. What is it? You're so clingy. Are you in Japan?" Ten groaned from the other line.

 


"Man, his sister ed it all up. Now I'm doomed. And his dad even caught us ma...." Yuta snorts, he wasn't suppose to say that.


"Wow! So he's giving you the already?!"


Even from the other line, Yuta could hear Ten's excitement. He's sure the other wouldn't let him live about this slip of tongue. He hasn't told Ten anything for awhile now. Not even him and Taeyong going out. Or that he is in Korea and didn't come home to Japan like everyone was thinking.


"Almost." He muttered, almost inaudible.


"How boring. Oh hey, captain skinny , when did the two of you start going out?"


Yuta has to think about this. He doesn't know and it was difficult to exolain. "Are you and Seulgi going out?" He asked, instead.


"Oh." Ten feigns surprise, chuckling. "We would've been dating sooner if you didn't come in the picture. ing extra."


"So. She likes you all this time?" Yuta wants to know.


"Why do you want to know? Jealous? You still like her?" Ten asked, in a serious tone.


"No, I'm just making a point."


"The ?"


"That she likes you. All this time. And I'm sorry for being a terrible frie---a ."


"Sure you are."


"I'm happy for you."


"Yuta, are you dying? Suicide? And I'm the last person you will talk to? I'm hanging up please call Johnny hyung."


Yuta opens his mouth to tell Ten of how stupid he is but the other already hanged up. He looked at the bed, startled that Taeyong was sitting up and looking at him.


"Who were you talking to?"


He heard them, of course. "Ten."


"Why would you call hi----I'm sorry. I didn't mean to intrude." Taeyong bit his lip, noticing the sour expression on Yuta's face. "If...you want to go home to Japan, I will come with you back to the apartment and drop you to the airport."


"You want me to leave?" Yuta asked, gazing out the window and not looking at Taeyong's face.


"Yuta, you know that's not it." Was Taeyong's exasperated answer.


Yuta heard footsteps, and next where Taeyong's arms wrapped around him. For a moment, he felt his worries all gone just by the warmth from Taeyong's embrace.


"I want to be with you so much. I wish I've realized that sooner." Taeyong whispers.


"Would that make any difference now?" Yuta chuckled.


"I would've hurt you less." Taeyong says and Yuta falls to silence. "Back then, when I'm alone with grandma, she always say that you're in love with me and that it hurts you when I go out with girls. I didn't believe her. Did you tell her something?"


A smile creeped up on Yuta's face at the familiarity. Taeyong's grandmother is strict and rants to basically about everything she sees. Yuta surely misses being scolded by her. "Not really......but... every time you bring home another girlfriend, she always tell me that if it hurts so much, I should tell you. So you would know. I thought she's just blabbering nonsense like the usual and ignore it, but I get it now."


"I'm sorry. I won't do that anymore."


Chuckling, Yuta lifts up Taeyong's hand and kissed the back of his palm. "Try it, I'll kick your face."


"Don't ever cheat on me with Ten, I'll cut your ." Taeyong warns. His tone serious and Yuta finds him funny.


"You're still so pressed about him." Yuta laughed.


With that, Taeyong bit Yuta on the skin of his back using his front teeth. Yuta squirms out of his embrace, squealing at the pain. Taeyong didn't even hold back at that and he's sure the bitten skin is sore.


"Why the hell did you do that?" Yuta whined, reaching to scratch at his stingy back.


"Shut up, dad might hear you." Taeyong rolled his eyes, crossing his arms on his chest instead of apologizing


"Not my fault you're such a flirt." Yuta smirked, sticking his tongue out at him. Taeyong being pissy is his favorite. Simply because it makes him comfortable talking to him casually like this. This time, he walks to Taeyong, wrapping his arms around the latter. His hair smells good, and Yuta is sure his cheeks are redden at the warmth of Taeyong's body.


"Yuta, about them, I'm so sorry." Taeyong whispers.


"Don't apologize, it's my fault anyway." Yuta says, resting his chin on Taeyong's shoulder. "I was too excited for them to know that I love you. I never considered the possibility that they wouldn't like the idea of that. We should've visited your
grandmother instead. You think she still remember me?"


Taeyong nods. "She's gotten more strict and forgetful. But I'm sure she remembers you."


"Wanna go?" Yuta asked.


"When?"


"Now. I honestly don't feel comfortable around here anymore." Yuta admits and Taeyong gave him a worried look, and apologetic.


They didn't waste no time and Yuta was quick on changing his clothes. He didn't wait for Taeyong, carefully walking down the stairs to leave the house. For five minutes, he stood there in the cold patiently. Until he hears an exchange of words inside. He hesitates whether or not he should go back in, but it will be more trouble if ever it was Taeyong's dad he's talking to.

 

Yuta leans on the wall, suddenly guilty that he had to make Taeyong face all this. For 's sake, this was all his idea. By now, they could've been on their apartment warm under the blanket, or temple hopping in Japan Taeyong always wanted. But he chose to complicate things with that little confident brain of his. Startled, he flinched when the door opens, a little relief that it was Taeyong coming out.


"W--what happened?" Yuta's voice breaks, taking the maroon jacket Taeyong was handing him. A sigh of relief leaves his mouth when Taeyong shook his head.


"Noona asked where we're going. She gave me pocket money." Taeyong smiled maniacly, his front teeth biting his bottom lip and Yuta laughed at that.


"Rich. Should I proposed to her instead?" Yuta chaffed, immediately regretting when he saw the mood on Taeyong's face change. He halts in his step when Taeyong stopped walking.


"S....shut up." Taeyong grits his teeth.


Not only he hates this side of Yuta, flirty, Taeyong despise it so much his head hurts. When they were younger, Yuta hardly speaks fondly towards anyone, other than the animations that he likes. It annoys Taeyong how Yuta easily let out words that would make him jealous as if it was nothing.


"Lee Taeyong, that's----"


"I really should think of how my mom reacted about you." Taeyong whispered, hands curling info fist.


"Are you kidding me? That was a joke!" Yuta yammered, dashing to Taeyong's side to held the other's hands. To is the only way to talk to Taeyong without feeling nervous, but it always ends up like this. Yuta guesses he needs to figure another way to keep his stomach from churning when he's with Taeyong. It also didn't help that right now, he's looking Yuta in the eyes, anticipating what the other would say.


Yuta was lost in Taeyong's eyes, the words died in his throat. He was about to say it's I only Taeyong that he can imagine himself with, but not when Taeyong is staring at him like this. Yuta can feel his knees wobble and before he falls ever deeper, Yuta turned around and took a step forward, pulling Taeyong with him.


"What are you doing..." Taeyong whined when Yuta pulled him suddenly.


"Let's come to grandma quickly. I want to see her." Yuta tells him.

 

 

 

 


Yuta doesn't think there are any bus coming at the bus stop at this time of the night. It's 3 a.m and there are hardly even cars passing by the empty streets. Taeyong checked on his phone and told him they'll take the taxi if ever.


Yuta didn't look at him after the incident back in Taeyong's house. His chest is still beating on high speed that he actually finds it hard to breathe now. He wonders when will he get over his extreme and absurd fond of Taeyong. Yuta is just way too smitten, and hopes Taeyong would understand that. He wouldn't even deny anymore if Ten calls him captain skinny whipped .


"Her place isn't a walking distance, right?" Yuta asked, making sure he kept Taeyong behind his back so he won't see the latter. He just wants to breathe in peace, no butterflies and no stomach lurching.


"It'll be dangerous to walk at this hour."


"What kind of danger, though? Get robbed? Or you don't want to be alone in the dark with me?" Yuta tilts his head to look at Taeyong, smirking.


"You're crazy." Taeyong quips, looking away.

Shaking his head, Yuta focuses back on the road again. Now a little worried that no bus or taxi is going to pick them up to where they're going. "I called Ten last night, when you were sleeping."


Taeyong hummed, staring at his back. He wants to know what's going on in Yuta's head. What makes him moody and withdrawn. He considers to change for Yuta, maybe he's too grumpy and strict towards the other. But he can't help but think he just bore Yuta all these time. Suddenly, he feels the weight on his shoulders.


"I felt so upset, how your parents reacted. Because honestly, I had my hopes up." Yuta admits, shaking his head at the thought. "But now that I think about it, I guess I'm never more upset than they are when they found out about us."


"I'm sorry.....Yuta." Taeyong wishes it never turned out like this. He had his hopes up too, and it turns out to be disappointing. But he's sure Yuta isn't simply dismayed, hurt even. And above all, rejected.


Yuta lets out a breath, as if to tell Taeyong that he didn't have to be apologetic. "Last night, I texted mom about you. She said you and I....was way too predictable. She's excited to see you for the new year."


Yuta is smiling at him, but Taeyong doesn't know whether he feel happy or sorry for Yuta. It's so unfair and it makes him guilty about his own parents. Why can't his and Yuta's parents have the same mindsets so no one gets hurt? He wasn't exactly sure how he reacted, but Yuta is walking towards him. Taeyong looks up to meet Yuta's eyes and the latter holds his face with cold hands.


"When we go, I'd kick my little sister in the who's crushing on you. Ok?"


Chuckling, Taeyong hits Yuta in the arm. He always had a way with words. It was funny, yet, he always make Taeyong feels special. As though Taeyong is the most important person in his life. "I think grandma will be happy for us."


"This time, I'm not really worried." Yuta grinned, he gasped when a taxi was making it's way towards and stopped at them. "But do you think she'll be happy if we visit her at this time, probably sleeping?"


"We'll figure that out." Taeyong says, tapping Yuta on the waist when the other paused. "Just get in quick."

 

 

 

 

 

They were welcomed by how Taeyong expected them to be welcomed. Juyoung, Taeyong's cousin, is answering the door with unnecessary questions just to make sure no one is just trying to break in the house.


"At 4 am?" She asked again.


Both Yuta and Taeyong who's been waiting for the door to open for two minute now sighs loud for her to hear.


"She hasn't changed one bit." Yuta whispers.


"Come on, why are you awake at this time anyway?"


Finally, the door unlocks and Juyoung peaked her head out. "I'm studying for the uni entrance exam next year." She says and Taeyong need not to question more. She looked at Yuta. "Are you Yuta?"


Yuta nods. He'd met her a few times before but they never really talked cause he was afraid of her. It's crazy that she looks almost the same like Taeyong's sister but they come off with a different attitude. If Hara was a sweet and caring sister, Juyoung is sure the opposite.


"You don't look as bad as the last time I saw you. Have you been eating well?" She babbles.


"Honestly, that's not something you say to a person you haven't meet for a long time." Taeyong groaned, forcing his way in to the door and pulling Yuta with him. "Is grandma awake?"


"We just had breakfast. Were you two starving thats why you come here?" Juyoung blabbers again, checking the knob the third time if it was well locked.


Yuta tries his best not to laugh at that.


"Where is she?"


"At the patio."


"Let's go." Excited, Taeyong grabbed Yuta on the arm and run inside. "Grandma! It's Tae!" He shouts, opening the back door.


There she was, watering the plants. The old woman seemed rather offended at the intrusion than surprised. She fixed her glasses, squinting at the two of them and waits for her to figure out. Even with wrinkled her skin, the beauty of her face doesn't age with time. Taeyong's family are too good looking, that it's weird, Yuta always says.


"Grandma... I'm Yu---" Cut by the sudden strong arms around him, Yuta laughed and hugged her back. "I missed you so much."


"My young child." She says, patting the boy's head. "You haven't visited me for a long while."


"I would've! But Taeyong is too busy to accompany me here."


"How have you been? You grew up so well."


Watching the two, Taeyong isn't sure whether or not he should feel resentful that his presence is ignored. But watching his grandmother and Yuta interact like this is making his heart melts. She embraced Yuta again, and Taeyong couldn't help but join the group hug.


"Grandma, I'm here too." He said, smiling.


"My handsome boy, Taeyong." His grandma says, pinching Taeyong on the cheeks but her attention was back to Yuta again.


Taeyong watches them amused. Doesn't matter if he was abandoned, because it's such a beautiful scene to see Yuta flustered and his usually grumpy grandmother all excited. He couldn't help but smile wide and Yuta who's looking at him probably thinks he's stupid now and wouldn't let him live about this later.


"A girlfriend?" Yuta repeats her question, exchanging a look with Taeyong. "Grandma, I don't have a girlfriend... I don't have a girlfriend or anything of that sort."


A frown made it's way to Taeyong's face when he heard what Yuta said, not even a small of hesitation heard in his voice. Standing up and excusing himself, he knows Yuta is looking at him by the time but Taeyong avoided his gaze.


Taeyong left the patio and went back inside the house. He couldn't avoid not to feel like , when it's been happening since yesterday. He tried avoiding the possibility that Yuta is simply denying him, but now, he couldn't not think it's exactly how it is. It's been bothering him all this time and he wishes it wasn't too complicated to ask Yuta if he's unsure about him.


Taeyong, again, believes that it has to do with Yuta moving out and away from him in those two years. It's like a barrier was made between them, despite those exchange of "I love you"s. Yuta is nothing like that person he used to trust the most anymore, at all. It's as if Taeyong is always in doubt whenever Yuta says something because he could be lying or either onlymaking fun of Taeyong.


There are times when Taeyong couldn't avoid thinking that Yuta is just forcing himself in this relationship. Why they usually fight. Yuta forgets to respect him and yells at him over the simplest of things.


It's all in his head, what Taeyong thinks the kind of person Ten is, sarcastic and unethical. No matter what kindness Ten shows him, Taeyong isn't fazed and couldn't be bothered by that because the Ten he wants to believe is plastered to his mind. And he thinks Yuta became the same person. Why does Yuta, who claims he loves Taeyong himself, is the one making him feel like he's not enough?


All these damaging thoughts was cut immediately when Ruby came out from Juyoungs room, running to him. In a speed of light, Taeyong dash through the puppy and lift her up. Laughing at how Ruby is squirming on his arms and his face, letting out excited barks Taeyong misses the most.


"Oh my god, I missed you so much. You've gotten so much prettier. I love you so much. I miss you, I love you." Taeyong chants, kissing his puppy's nose.


Ruby barks in response, playfully nipping at Taeyong's hands.


"No, I love you more." Taeyong chuckled.


"Well I might be third wheeling all these time." Yuta whispers when he passed by him.


He didn't hear the door opening and Yuta coming in with his grandmother who shouts at Juyoung to prepare breakfast for the two them. He sat on a single couch opposite to his grandmother, Ruby still in his arms and sniffling Taeyong clothes in a funny manner. Yuta and Juyoung are on the huge sofa, sitting apart from one another and grandma laughed at that.


"If you would need help coming to Japan next year, you can ask Yuta." Grandma tells Juyoung who's eyes brighten up.


"Give me your number." Juyoung says, handing his phone to Yuta who takes it awkwardly and typed in his digits.


Yuta casually glances at Taeyong but the older seemed too engross on playing with Ruby. Taeyong, again, is acting like Yuta isn't there. He shook his head at that.


"Juyoung doesn't have a boyfriend." Grandma tells Yuta.


"What was that for?" Juyoung groaned at the unnecessary.


"I---I. Grandma that won't do!" Yuta says, defensive. "I mean--I. Juyoung is Taeyong's cousin so she's like my own cousin as well and I'm-- I.... I love him."


In surprise, Taeyong gasped at him. He's been listening all this time and it has to be a slip of tongue. Yuta is gawking back at him, as if it was a question as to why he said it too. What's more surprising though, was grandma's reaction. Or should Taeyong call, a no reaction at all. Juyoung though, only rolled her eyes.


"Last year you wanted me to get to an S university and now you want me to be a mistress." Juyoung rolled her eyes again. Standing up to leave.


Taeyong and Yuta shared a look. They didn't expect such calmed reaction. It was hell when Taeyong's parents panicked about them, but this composure is sort of weird too. Taeyong swallowed the lump on his throat, ignoring Ruby who's tapping his chest with her feet and successfully squirmed out from his arms. Another level of horror struck Taeyong when Ruby ran away to follow Juyoung who entered her room.


"This is why you shouldn't deny him." Grandma tells Yuta, who looks the most puzzled among them. "If you really love him, make him get used to you bragging about him."


"Grand...ma." Taeyong stammered. "Don't be like th---"


She raised an index finger up signaling Taeyong to let her speak first and looks at Yuta again. "Don't worry about his parents, I'll make sure to lecture them about it. I don't want any of the two of you boys feeling wary regarding this. In a year, both of you will turn 18 year olds. You will be adults and decide on your own. How do you think Taeyong feels every time you refuse to admit him?"


Clasping his hands together, Yuta looked down on the ground in shame and nods sadly. He didn't intent to make Taeyong feel bad. But after Taeyong's parents, he's afraid of another wave of rejection that might come. Yuta has been trying to ignore the fact that his insecurities could affect Taeyong. He should've hold on to his words to disclose his relationship with Taeyong himself or not come to Seoul at all. This is all his fault.


"And you, " Grandma continues, looking at Taeyong this time. She fixed her glasses, studying his face intently that had Taeyong scratching the back of his head. "How many girlfriends did you played with only to realize you love him?"


Taeyong bit his lip in shame. Back then, his grandma always tell him he's childish but Taeyong always insist he is a man by bragging about having girlfriends. It feels so awkward to face his grandmother now that he has a boyfriend.


"You need to quit being a spoiled brat." Grandma scolds, throwing a pillow on Taeyong's face who screeched in return. "You have no right to play with anyone's feeling."


Taeyong nods, ashamed. He wanted to believe he got his karma he deserved already after Dahyun and swore to himself that he'd change. But he didn't expect it'll be Yuta who he'll end up with right now, even though it's what he's been wishing for all along.


"He's using his face to take advantage of girls." Yuta butts in, earning a scowl from Taeyong.


"Yuta!"


"What? I'm telling the truth." Yuta defends himself.


Standing up, Taeyong is dragging his feet and scowling at the two of them. "Oh my god I hate you so much Nakamoto Yuta don't ever come near me!"


In awe, they watches Taeyong walk outside the house. Slamming the door on their faces. Yuta doesn't know whether or not he should follow him or laugh.


"He's still a brat." Grandma says in disbelief.

"A--actually, I haven't seen him do that in a while." Yuta said, scratching the back of his head. When they were younger, Taeyong always does this when he's being scolded by his parents, walking out the house and slamming the door. Yuta smiled at the memories.


"Go and follow him."


Nodding, Yuta runs outside. There was Taeyong looking all stupid at the gates. Yuta guesses he couldn't open the lock.


"Lee Taeyong!" He called, running towards him.


Taeyong stopped what he was was doing. Yuta is smiling at him and he just want to smack the other's face for always finding a laugh on serioud situations. 

 

"Now that I got your grandmother's blessing, do you want to continue making out with me?" 

 

Taeyong attempts to his him but Yuta grab both his wrist. "You only want . You are so stupid!" He groaned in disgust. 

 

"I was half joking!" Yuta laughed, thankful that Taeyong us avoiding his gaze cos he might find it difficult to speak to gim again and be this close. "I love you." 

 

"No,I love you." Taeyong says, burying his face on Yuta's neck. 

 

"Nah, I love you so much. Let's go back to the apartment and come to Japan before your parents take you away from me." 

 

"Yes, let's do that." Taeyong agrees in an instant. 

 

"I love you so much, Lee Taeyong." 

 

"I love you Yuta but please stop talking to Ten."

 

Surprised, Yuta didn't know how to react so he just laughed, hugging the other to tight he thought he'd break his phones. It's nice to know that Taeyong gets jealous too.

 

 

 

 

------------------------------* * * * * 

 

would fourwalls be a nice topic for a yutae roommates au?