12.

Would you let me?

He wasn't supposed to be there but Yuta stands in line with the cheerleaders inside the school's gym room. Today is the opening of their school intramurals and cheering squads from other schools will compete with them.


Yuta stands beside Taeyong on the corner of the room. He doesn't look nervous at all, but Yuta is. "Make sure you don't get yourself hurt, okay?" He says for the nth time.


"Yuta... I didn't practice for a month just to get hurt." Taeyong replies for the nth time, too.


"We'll be out in 5 minutes. Goodluck, everyone." Seulgi stood in the corner along with Ten, clapping her hands.


Yuta took this as a cue to leave the room. Hugging Taeyong and wishing him goodluck. He finds Johnny and Doyoung at the bleachers and seats with them.


"Aw, that seat is for Hansol." Johnny says. "But why do you look like you're constipated?"

Yuta ignores the comment though and stood up with everyone as the dancers walks in the center of the field. Even from a distance, he can distinguish Taeyong from the dancers.


"I can't see Ten." Doyoung says.


"I think there are 20 dancers in total from our school." Johnny tells him.


"This is why Hansol and Taeil hyung don't wanna watch with you. They're on the other side."


Yuta doesn't really want to hear Doyoung and Johnny's bantering. He's to busy worrying about Taeyong. Standing up with everyone who's cheering for their school. The applause of the audience died down as the music starts.


With squinting eyes, he watches Taeyong carefully. He was powerful and stunning as though he was there alone to impress everyone on the spectators seats. To his eyes, Taeyong is always the outstanding one. It's as if Taeyong is the only one he can see, the only one that matters.


Taeyong's body moves to the music. The dance doesn't seem simple, but Taeyong's movement are effortlessly splendid that it make it looks easy.


As the song progress, Yuta's gaze is locked at him. Taeyong was in perfect sync with the music, just like the beating of Yuta's heart. The song ended and the dancers bowed, but his eyes still never leaving Taeyong.


"Don't mean to be rude, but" Doyoung taps up Yuta's chin. "You're basically drooling."

 

 

 

 

Yuta makes his way quick to the gym room and find Taeyong on the same corner where he was from earlier. Ten greets him with a highfive but poor boy was ignored and Yuta went straight to where Taeyong is.


"I told you." Taeyong tells him, a confident smile on his face. "I'm not going to hurt myself. You just don't believe in me."


The memory of Taeyong breaking a leg while dancing is still fresh from his memory, even if it was from 3 years ago. Yuta is going to argue that he's just worried, but he didn't want to ruin the smile on the other's face. So he placed a hand on the other's shoulder, saying "Have I told you how amazing you are? Well, let me tell you this. You are the best."


Taeyong snorts, chuckling. He reached out to Yuta's ear and pinched his earring a bit. "Take this off. It's not cool. Doesn't look good on you."


"I can't look good anything. I'm not you."


Taeyong looks at him. "Just take if off already. Yuta." He scolds. Voice sounding stiff but his face looks like he's pleading.


"F--fine."


"Now you look genuine." Taeyong says when Yuta took off his earring. "So handsome."


Yuta shouldn't be feeling tensed when Taeyong said that. But the older is looking at him intently, and Yuta is doing the same. He has no idea how long they've been holding their gaze to one another until they were interrupted by the sound of loud cheering outside.


"You're not going to watch outside?"


"I'm not hungry." Was Yuta's wrong answer.

 

 

 

 

 

"As promised."


Yuta placed the tray of sweets and coffee on their table. After the first day of intramurals, he took Taeyong back to the coffee shop they went too the last time because the older looks tired Yuta doesn't want him to drain himself on making their dinner. And this is Yuta's reward for him winning the first place for the cheerdance competition.


"But this means you have to lessen your ingesting of the chocolates in our fridge. As much as I'd like it if you're fat, I don't like you getting diabetes."


"I'm listening." Taeyong replies. Although already munching on his chocolates.


Yuta smiles. Taeyong is always a good listener. But to him only. "Enjoy your food. You worked hard today."


"I'm sorry you couldn't play on---"


"Just enjoy your food, hyung." Yuta cuts him.


"I should join again next year. Everyone in the cheerdance team is so nice. And Seulgi too---" To make the atmosphere less awkward, he tries to talk but only made it worse. "I---I'm sorry."


"Sorry for what?"


"For mentioning her. Suddenly." Taeyong sighed. "You never really told me about her but I think I understand why you and Ten likes her now."


"That was in the past."


"She's a wonderful person."


"So was Dahyun." Yuta says. As much as he didn't want to make them feel uncomfortable, but he needs to dig this in. "You used to tell me that a lot before."


Taeyong nodded sadly. "She was. You know that I really like her, don't you? When you left, she became my everything. Then I just became afraid it's not the same for her."


"What happened exactly Taeyong?" Yuta asked. "I'm sorry for prying, but I asked to Jungwoo about it. We talked but I'm sure he didn't tell me everything."


Taeyong bit at his lowerlip lip.


"I'm sorry I didn't mean to---"


"I don't think she will forgive me. And that's the exact same thing I feel for her now. She tried contacting me when I got here."


"Did you answer?"


"No."


"That's good." Yuta says and Taeyong looks at him. "It's better if the two of you don't cross paths anymore. I never really liked her for you. You deserve someone better."


Taeyong nodded, playing with the straw on his drink. Pensive conversations with Yuta is always intimidating. It's like, the younger always knows what he was saying and it's always Taeyong who lacks of comprehension.

 

He remembers going all over Dahyun back in Junior Highschool and narrating everything to Yuta. He didn't believe it when Yuta said she looks like someone who will do Taeyong no good. He should've.


"I'll think more about the things you tell me. Yuta, if you're not around, I lose control." Taeyong tells him, and placed a hand on top of Yuta's on the table. "If I'm tiring and mess up a lot or scold you too much, I hope you become patient with me and not shove me away. Yuta, you're all I have. I don't think I can----"


Yuta used his free hand to put Taeyong's hand in between his. Giving his reassuring smile to the older, "You don't have to ask for that."


"Don't go home to Japan without me." Taeyong tells him.


"No, you don't go back to Seoul without me." Yuta chuckles.


"Sorry, I just thought..... You were mad. But were you?" Taeyong asked him.


"What do you think?"


Taeyong pulled his hand away, curving his lips to the side.


Yuta laughed. It shouldn't be this way since he was the one who kicked him and Taeyong has all the right to be mad at that.

 

 

 

 

 


This isn't the first time Taeyong tells Yuta his interaction with other people in a day went. The first time Taeyong told him about a bunch of freshmen ladies asking him to join them for a group lunch. Second was yesterday when Taeyong told Yuta about his small friendly chat with Jungwoo.


Tonight at dinner, he tells him that Winwin is needing Taeyong's help for their homework and asked if he can tutor him.


"What did you say?" Yuta wants to know. Mostly he is looking forward to hearing that he rejected him.


"I wanted to ask you first." Taeyong tells him.


Yuta didn't say anything and only preceded on eating and Taeyong understood this.


"By the way, you haven't told me about Rapunzel for awhile now."


Yuta choked because he never really agreed to name his puppy that and let his sister in Japan name it. "Taeyong, Rapunzel is not his name. The dog is a male."


Taeyong only made a funny face.

 

 

 

 

 

It wasn't usual for Doyoung to prowl into somebody else's business. So it greatly surprises Ten when he asked him what's going on between Yuta and Taeyong.


"What do you mean what's going on?" Ten asked him.


He was cramming for his practical exam in P.E. It'll be difficult since he isn't very familiar with Korean terminologies. But the manual he's reading ain't helping either, also a Doyoung being sneaky.


"Dude. I'm not stupid." Doyoung mockingly beamed at him. "Unlike others. I'm honestly surprised even Johnny is unsuspecting."


"You're just looking too much into it."


"Well, someone's forgetting I hear the two of you talk all the the time. Also, I like the idea of Winwin getting in between. You guys are fun to watch." Doyoung smirks again, Ten wants to smack his face.


"Why are you being such a ?!" Ten yells at him.


"Learned from you." Doyoung winked at him and makes his way to leave quickly.


Ten was fast to catch up and grip the other on the arm. "Don't be stupid, Doyoung. You can't be making fun towards this matter.This is important to Yuta. Don't go around telling other--"


"So you're admitting it?" Doyoung is radiantly smiling at him now.


"What the do you want from them?!"


"Nah." Doyoung shakes his head only because Ten looks pissed. "But from you rather. Oh, it's gonna take so much effort to shut my mouth. How about you pay me for my silence. Like buy me food. Or something."


Ten admits he's been in constant bantering with Doyoung lately but he didn't expect this kind of bribery.


"Aren't you cute." Doyoung says, laughing.

 

 

 

 

Taeyong and Yuta makes their way to the cafeteria. They found out on their groupchat that Ten is buying food for everyone. Wearing his backpack, Yuta accidentally elbowed Taeyong on the side causing the other the flinch.


"You're so ticklish. It's cute." Yuta chuckled.


"I'm not ticklish."


Yuta intentionally elbowed him this time and Taeyong flinched again that it's funny how he's sporting his stoic expression.


"I said I'm not ticklish!"


Snickering, Yuta his fingers behind Taeyong's ear causing him to go berserk on shoving Yuta away.

 

 


"They're so cute, I miss them." Johnny says when he saw both Yuta and Taeyong entering the door.


Doyoung laughed earning a questioning look from everyone.


The time everyone is seated, Ten is coming with three boxes of large pizza and Winwin behind him is holding bottled drinks.


"Thanks for the food. But who are you? Where's my stingy friend Ten?" Johnny teased. Enjoying the sour look from the other.


"Ten, you don't look happy. You don't have to pay for everything." Hansol tells the younger.


"I already paid for everything." Ten counters.

"Today is amazing." Doyoung cheers.


"You look happy. Doesn't suit you, hyung." Jaehyun comments.


"Just eat." Winwin told him.


He smiled at Taeyong and the older responded by smiling too.


"I don't know what's going on but I'm hungry." Taeil who's just arrived, says.


"Why is Ten buying us food?" Taeyong whispered at Yuta.


"I don't know. But I'm sure he'll tell me about it later."


"So he tells you everything?" He asked. "That means you tell him everything too? You guys must be really close."


Yuta is surprised at the sudden questioning. He's at it again when he doesn't know how make to response to Taeyong.


"He's just talkative." He says, rather.


"You didn't like our classmates in the past because they're talkative."


And for the second time, Yuta is speechless. What was he supposed to say.


"He's special?"


What . "Taeyong, can you pass me the hot sauce?"

 

 

 

 

Yuta is back on twisting and turning in bed on Ten's dorm. The younger called him there to tell earlier's incident with Doyoung and his bribery.


"He's just making fun of you." Yuta says.


"I know. But--"


"You're just gullibe."


". I'm just doing it for you!"


Yuta groaned. "This is why Taeyong is suspecting I have the hots for you. . Gross."


"That's disgusting, buddy." Ten retorts. "But wait, really?"


"Yeah. At first he told me to get away from you because you're bad influence. Then today at lunch he's asking me about you and I being so close."


"That hurts. But , I think he's....."


"What? He's so nosy these days." Yuta yawned, standing up. "About Doyoung, get back on him by flirting with Jaehyun. He'd flip."


"He likes Jaehyun?" Ten asked, surprised.


"He's overprotective." Yuta shrugs.


"Whatever man, not everyone is gay like you."


Yuta seemed offended. Pointing a finger at Ten as he makes his way to the door. "I hope you realize, too, one day, that you're gay." He says, shutting the door.


"So you're really gay?!"


Yuta hears him yell.

 

The moment Yuta enters their apartment, Taeyong welcomes him with his lecturing. Hands on his hips, the older says "Where have you been? Dinner got cold now. I ate without you."


"I--I went to Ten's dorm." He stuttered.


"To do homework? For a chat? Or for something else?" Taeyong grills him about.


What could that something else be? Yuta wants to ask.


"Don't leave dirt on the kitchen when you eat. I cleaned up already."


As much as he wants to eat the food that Taeyong makes, he lost his appetite now. And it isn't nice to eat alone. Why does Taeyong have to be ticked off over little things lately?

 

 

Taeyong got his chill back the next morning and kindly asked Yuta to go to the groceries with him. The older insists they'd go early since the stores get packed easily on weekends. This time, Taeyong let's Yuta get all the snacks that he wants.


"Not that I'm complaining but why----"


"I scolded you last night. Also, I get to buy all the chocolates that I want and it's unfair for you."


Yuta hummed. "But you're only concern for my health."


"Very." Taeyong nodded.


"I gained weight when you got here." Yuta says, taking Taeyong's hand to place it on his stomach under his shirt.


Taeyong was quick on pulling away. "Ew, hairy."


Yuta squeaked. "That was my belt."


"Okay, but I'm proud of myself. I could be a great chef someday."


"No way."


Taeyong looks at him, pursing his lips. "And why not? Is my cooking not good enough?"


"I want to be the only one who gets to eat the food you make."


Yuta waits for a response but Taeyong was so busy examining a shampoo bottle.


"Look, it has a free spongebob keychain in it."


"So childish."


"Hey, don't say that." Taeyong rolled his eyes. "I never said anything about you obsessing over Taeyeon. How your room used to be filled with her posters and you even used a phone case with her face in it."


"What's wrong with that?" Yuta whined. "That's only because you're name and hers sounds so much alike."


"And how is that related?"


Yuta only shrugs. How can Taeyong not get that?

 

He feels anxious all the time. Lately, it wasn't easy to cope with Taeyong's mood. The older could be sweet and the next minute he can be demanding and mad at Yuta for no reason. Or little reasons he could make out himself.


Awhile back, they were having fun baking and eating snacks. But now he thinks Taeyong completely changed his mood when Yuta told him he's going out with Ten on a DotA tournament. He thinks he made it worse too when he says Taeyong can come if he wants.


"And what am I going to do there? Watch the two of you play with each other?"


"I--I'll just not go."


"And why wouldn't you? Don't think I'm intruding with you and your business with Ten. Because I'm not."


"I'm not--- I never thought that."


"Then go. Have fun."


"I don't want to anymore." Yuta tells him, reaching a hand to hold Taeyong's wrist. "It's not as fun as being here with you anyway."


Taeyong pulls his hand away and walks to the restroom to shower. Leaving Yuta standing there alone.


Yuta guesses Taeyong never believes a word he says.

 

 

 

 

Yuta woke up to someone tapping him on the cheek. Groaning, he asked Taeyong "What is it?"


"It's time to wake up, for school."


Yuta reached out to his phone to see the time. "It's Sunday today."

"Oh is it?"


"I still want to sleep." Yuta yawned, stretching his arms and pulling Taeyong for a hug.


"Fine." Taeyong says and instead of sneaking away, he moves so his head is resting on Yuta's chest. "You actually have a heart."


"What are you saying?" Yuta asked, sleepily.

"It's beating."


"I'd be dead if it wasn't."


"Loud."


Yuta answers by hugging Taeyong tightly.

 

 

 

Taeyong was early on his first class and he was the first one in their classroom when Doyoung arrived.


"Good morning." Taeyong greets him. "You're early."


Doyoung hummed. "Jaehyun needs to come to his class early. Did you do your homework, hyung?"


He nods. "I don't wanna be called for recitation.


"Me neither." Doyoung sighs. "Hey, do you know what Yuta always do on Ten's dorm? I always see him coming in and out there."


Taeyong shook his head. "W--why do you ask?"


"Oh. Thought you'd know, hyung. Yuta doesn't tell you?"


"No. He doesn't."


"But, you're his bff, right? Not Ten."


"I don't know."


Doyoung laughed. "They better not be doing something dirty. I'm definitely going to report that."


Taeyong was put to silent and Doyoung thinks he need to shut his mouth now but things could still get more entertaining and he definitely likes that.


"Hyung, I think Winwin is still affected by what happened. He's very quiet now. Maybe you should forgive him? He always tell me how he learned a lot studying with you because you're nice and patient."


"You're right. Where is he?" Taeyong asked.


Smiling to himself, Doyoung says "I bet he's still home. Just text him."

 

 

 

To: 10

have you seen ty?


=>From: 10

Wh0???!!!!???


=> From: 10

Oh no.


=> From: 10

NEVER.

 


What caught Yuta's eyes when he walks out of his classroom is Taeyong and Winwin climbing upstairs and laughing together.

 

To: 10

i get it now


=> From: 10

Sorry bro.

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------

It's ending soon U.U