Your Best friend

Being friends is enough.


Hello everyone! I hope you like this update. I got very busy with school and stuff that I wasn't able to update it sooner. I am sorry. And I just can't stop myself from watching Running Man since I'm catching up to the series so Please enjoy!!

-----// 

 

            Image result for kyungsoo caring for chanyeol


"He even convinced me to make your book into a movie... a movie.. movi..mov..ie" 

It's been 2 days ever since i had that talk with the president,  and the thing is, I can't seem to erase those words inside my head, I mean it keeps on repeating and echoing every chance it has to mess my mind up. Well to be honest, Half of me is seriously happy to hear those words but, half of me is also feeling a bit scared of what's going to happen. I just can't let myself be swayed again by my feelings, it's not like I'd put all of my efforts to waste, those forgetting and starting a new thing that I've tried so hard to achieve, I can't just give in now right? and I am pretty sure that he did that to bring back his Friend...

*ring* *ring*

I heard my phone ringing and looked at the caller ID to see Baekhyun's name flashing in it. I instantly grabbed it and answered his call. "Yobeoseyo?" He said from the other line. "Why did you call?" I asked with a calm tone, a little blank from reality. "I called to tell you that we just landed in Korea." He said, as I hear his background getting nosier. "That's great then. Come back to work immediately!" I said, smiling a bit as I . "Yah! Hyung! I just landed from my vacation and here you are telling me to get back to work right away? Seriously. I knew it. I shouldn't have called you." Baekhyun said, nagging at me with all his might, making me laugh a little from his cuteness. "Arasso. Arasso. Mian." I said, grabbing the tv remote to switch on the tv. "Aish. Hyung! Kuman! You really have no heart. You could've asked me about my vacation first or something." He said, as I imagine what he looks like walking and being noisy at the airport, startling and bothering a lot of people which is what he always do. "I don't even wanna know what you two did. Seriously. Just tell Sehun-sshi to visit soon and bring me my present from your vacation. Okay? Bye." I said, before cutting the line, not wanting to hear any of Baekhyun's rambling and stories which he'll tell over and over again once we see each other.

When I finally got my hands on the remote, I immediately the TV to clear my mind from anything "You know who" related. When I switched on the tv, A talkshow instantly appeared in it. It's actually a famous talkshow here in South Korea, that only well-known celebrities  gets to be a guest in it. As I focus on the TV, It looks like they're gonna be interviewing a famous star that grew up in the states or somewhere really far from Korea since, all the places they've been showing aren't around Korea and after flashing pictures of that celebrities' hometown, a familiar face then flashed in the television.. 

"Uh. Irene-sshi?" I said, as she enters the stage of the set, receiving a warm welcome from the host. I didn't know she was a celebrity, it was my first time seeing her on TV. I guess that's what I get for not being around the media often or watching the news and other shows to be exact. "So how does it feel to be back in Korea Irene-sshi?" The host said, asking Irene with a wide smile on her face. "Ahh. It feels really great to be back home. I'm really happy to get to see my old friends, family and relatives again." She said, looking as beautiful as I saw her last time. "So, she's not really a celebrity, but a  Famous make-up artist. Well, she looks like one so I really thought she was, I mean she could be one since she's really beautiful." I said to myself as I continue to watch the show flash pictures of her styling artists from different countries. "So what is it like to be working overseas? Meeting and working for Hollywood celebrities?" The host said, eyeing Irene as she ask her. Irene then smiled back at her and answered her question with a calm expression. "Working overseas was fine I guess, since some of my relatives are from the states. It's not really a big deal to stay there, well I do get a bit homesick whenever I start craving for korean foods but all in all it's great and a good experience for me." She said, looking at the host as she speaks her mind...

after half an hour, the show continued with me watching the whole of it and as I get too attached with it, time flew by so fast that the show's ending slowly came. "Thank you so much for being a guest in our show Irene-sshi. Is there anything you want to say to our viewers?" The host said, as she points her two hands at the camera. Irene then nodded her head and looked straight at the camera. "Thank you everyone for your never ending support for me, I hope you all enjoyed this episode with me and please keep on supporting this show with all your heart. Thank you very much~ and Oh! Before I forgot please do support the movie project for Mr. D.O-sshi's book directed by my grandfather, Mr Park. I am a huge fan of him so please do give him all your support! Thank youu." She said, smiling widely at the camera as she waves goodbye to the viewers. My eyes instantly widened at her words, so she really does like me. Uhm. No wait. Not me. My book hahaaha. Stupid me. Wait? Do I like her? Why am I even getting curious about her? Well she does seem to resemble Chanyeol's bubbly side. Just a bit though. I think I do like her but not that way... Yep. Not that way..

---

I've been working on my next book for almost a month now and sometimes whenever I feel so blank while writing, I go outside, and when I say outside it means the Library. I don't really like going outside but when it comes to the library, I get really giddy that I can't wait to go or something like that. Yes, I know I'm such a geek and an introvert, but that's me, It can't be helped.

When I arrived at the library, I immediately got off my car and headed inside. It's been awhile since I came here, like 2 weeks since my schedule's been packed With book signings and with the movie project for my book which I am very thankful of. When I entered the main library, I first looked for available seats that I could sit on. My favorite spot would definitely be the table next to the window, I don't know I just love sitting near the window even when I was in grade school. It just keeps me calm. To be honest, big libraries reminds me of Chanyeol. I mean his house was the first ever biggest library for me back then, that I sometimes get lost in it which is crazy. 

When I found a seat near the window, I immediately walked my way there and started unloading my things. The library's not really packed today, which is not really surprising since most of the people now only relies on ebook, pdf and the internet that is not really my thing. When I finally got seated, I immediately grabbed my pen to start scribbling things that'll come to my mind. To be perfectly honest, writing stories is really hard when you don't feel motivated or inspired, it's like you're waiting for things to pop up in your mind when seriously there's nothing. After minutes of waiting I then decided to just read a book that'll interest me, cus maybe it'll get my brain working and inspire me at a certain point. I then walked towards the nearest bookshelf from my table and started looking for a book tha'll catch my attention, tracing my fingers on every single one of them, trying to feel the energy of the book surge in to me. It's crazy but that's how I pick a book randomly. 

After scanning books from that shelf, I then went to the other shelves to scan for more books but sadly, I just can't find the right one. When I was planning on giving up, I found myself on the drama section scanning for a book I really love. When I found it, I immediately grabbed it and took it out from the shelf and yes, that's right, It's one of Chanyeol's book. My most favorite one. It's a book about two cursed childhood friends that can't be together, but still managed to fell in love with each other, knowing the risk of death behind them as they grew closer together. It's a sweet but bitter story, that seriously left a mark on me. I don't even know how he even managed to think of that story but yeah, He can do anything so how can he not? 
I then brought it closer to my chest and planned to bring it to my table, thinking of rereading it to get some inspiration and motivation from it. 

As I escape from the bookshelves to go back to my table, a tall man suddenly appeared right in front of me causing the two of us to crash in to each other. My face of course hit his chest with a great impact since he's tall, making my eyeglass fly from my face to the ground, as well as the book I was holding and the papers he was holding. I swear it hurt like hell, making me groan a bit as I cover my eyes and touch my nose, making sure it was still there. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry. I wasn't looking in front of me" The tall man said, as I hear the discomfort in his voice, must be because of a cold or something. I then slowly opened my eyes to see his back facing me as he picks up his papers and my things on the ground. "T-thank you. It's alright. I'm okay." I said, as I bend over to pick up some of his papers scattered in front of me. He then stood up and gathered the other remaining papers encircled around us, also the book I was holding that flew a bit further from us. "Oh. This is..." He said with his sore voice, as he stood up a little frozen from where he was standing. After hearing him speak, I then got curious as to what made him froze and what he was about to say, so I looked at him to see his face and what he was holding. My eyes instantly widened at what I saw, It was Chanyeol  who's standing in front of me holding the book I just got from the shelf which was his book. "uh. Kyungsoo? I didn't notice." He said, his eyes wide open as he holds the book with his hands. I then felt my face heat up, I mean this is so embarrassing what am I going to say to him? This is outrageous. "Ah. Park Chanyeol. I-uh- what are you doing here?" I said, standing up to look at him properly. He then glanced back at the book he was holding before glancing back at me again. "Is this yours?" He asked looking at me straight in the eyes. My eyes then shifted towards the book he was holding, still not sure what should I say to him. "U-uh. No. It's the librarys' book." I said, avoiding eye contact as I try not to get caught. "Ahhh. *coughs* someone must've left this here. It's a book of mine tho. *coughs*That person must've hated this to just leave it right here." He said chuckling at the end of his sentence before coughing again. "Uhm. That might be the reason I guess?" I said, smiling awkwardly at him before realizing that I was still holding his fallen papers. "Oh. Here! You dropped them." I said, trying to compose myself and trying to be as friendly as possible. "T-*clears throat* Thank you. Here's your glasses as well." He said as he extends his arm towards me. I immediately took it from him and smiled lightly. "Thanks. I should get back to my table now and do my thing so see you." I said, smiling at him before going back to my table without saying anything anymore. 

Well that was awkward, I swear I should've just stayed here and started writing. That was really embarrassing, getting caught by him. I wonder what he's thinking now, This is so crazy. Seriously, I need to compose myself. I don't even want to leave my seat anymore because I'm afraid I would bump into him again.

 After minutes of scribbling things, thank God I still haven't done anything. My mind just keeps on thinking of Chanyeol's loud coughing at the other side of the library. Man, he must be feeling so uncomfortable to sound like that and it keeps on bothering me, I don't know why. Well, I do have some pills here with me tho, and a bottle of water but, I've already drank a little from it. This won't end unless I help him right? I mean I'm just doing this out of kindness and nothing more so just let me do it okay? and don't get all thump thump with me cus this ain't nothing more than a good deed and I should  also repay him since he helped me last time from embarrassment.

After deciding what to do, I gathered all my things to prepare myself to leave right after I give Chanyeol my half eaten sandwich, half a bottle of water and a medicine to help him and pay my debt. As I started making my way to Chanyeol, I can hear his loud coughing getting drier and drier. I can't seem to stop frowning and hurting inside as I stare at him working in the midst of feeling unwell. "Hey." I said, standing beside his table, looking at him with a pained smile. He then looked at me with his knuckles in front of his mouth, trying to muffle the sounds of his cough. "Hey." he said, smiling back at me weakly. I can clearly see his eyes watering and getting red from the tiredness. Is he killing himself or what? "You look and sound awful. Just go home." I said, being frankly honest with him as I feel myself getting irritated while looking at him. He chuckled at my statement before shifting his gaze at what I was holding. "Is that for me?" He said, looking at me again as he smiles. I looked at my hands and settled all the things I was holding on his table.  "Yeah cus you look like you need them." I said, still looking at the sandwich, bottled water and medicine. "You haven't changed." He mumbled, enough for me to hear. Those words made me smile internally. "I already ate some part of the sandwich. You can just cut and throw the part that I've eaten if you like. It's just that you should eat something before taking medicines." I said, still not looking at him. "Thanks but can you keep an eye on my things for a minute? I'll just go to the comfort room." He said, before standing up and losing his balance as he leaves the table. I immediately grabbed unto him and s my hand behind him give support and guess what? He's seriously burning up. I can even feel the hotness from his thick clothes. "Yah. Gwenchanna?" I said, looking at him as he gets paler than before. He then turned his face towards me, "I'm fine don't worry." He said, smiling at me, our face almost 5 inches away from each other. I can seriously feel his hot breath hitting my face. "What do you mean you're Fine? You couldn't even stand by yourself you Idiot." I said, giving him a scolding since he's trying to come out strong when seriously he's not. His smile then faded as he look at me with a blank face. "I don't want to interfere with your life anymore. That's why. You don't have to pretend that you're worried about me. I'll be alright." He said, trying get away from me. My heart then shattered at what he just said, was I that hard with him? Why do I feel wronged. I feel so sorry for him. I was his only friend in this world, his most trusted friend and just because of my selfishness, I left him. Just because I can't hide my feelings for him, just because I fell for him. I am so stupid. "I'm not pretending you idiot. I am worried about you, I am your best  friend after all." I said, looking at him with a comforting smile as I harden my grip on him to support him fully, at the same time killing my feelings for him...

----///


Please oh please leave comments! Tell me your thoughts about the story and all~ COMMENTS ARE LOVED and If you like this story please don't forget to subscribe or upvote. I love you all! Godbless!  Till next time ~♥