Chapter 2: The Worrisome Kid

Being friends is enough.

 

CUTIEPIES!! 

 

 

A rushed one since I really wanted to update really soon and end this so that I could make another story! Hahaha. Yay! I hope you guys like it. Please don't forget to comment because your thoughts, feedbacks and comments makes me feel really happy and inspired. Thank youu! 

----//

Eunji and Chanyeol have been together for 2years now and I can truly tell that they really love each other. Eunji is a fashion model, the two of them met because of me since, Jung Eunji is the daughter of my Senior Editor. She became attached to me because of my draft books which she really liked, I can say that she's a fan of mine but I don't really know if my books are really that interesting for her to admire. Then one time, Chanyeol decided to make a surprise visit at my work and yeah they met and decided to .. you know? get into a relationship. 

"Sorry, I forgot to tell you that Eunji was coming. She really wanted to congratulate you and all" Chanyeol says, putting his hand together in a apologetic way before, helping his girlfriend with her seat. I looked at him and shook my head. "No, No, it's okay. I am really glad that you came Eunji-sshi. It's been awhile." I said, as I glance at Eunji. She then gave me a quick smile, before taking a sit. The two of them started chatting about their works and something I can't even hear, since they're half whispering and half not. To be honest, I feel so out of place here righ now and I just can't help noticing how sweet Chanyeol's smile towards her. I know it's not nice to feel jealous, I know, but I just can't help feeling sad. I'm just a normal person, having the person I love in front of me while he and his girlfriend acts lovey dovey, it's pretty normal for me to feel jealous you know? I can get hurt too. "I'm just so happy for you Kyungsoo-sshi. I mean, I've been a fan of your works and I totally knew that you'll be able to publish your own book someday which is now!! you truly are amazing" Eunji said, her eyes gleaming in excitement as well as Chanyeol. "Oh. Thank you. That really means alot Eunji-sshi." I said, scratching the back of my head in embarrassment. Chanyeol smiled at me and grabbed for my shoulder to tap it. "Of course he is, He's my teacher and long life best bud." He says, staring at me intently. I suddenly felt my cheeks hit up, I wasn't really expecting that but yeah he's right... "Best bud huh? That's too cheesy of you Park Chanyeol-sshi." I said, looking at him with a light chuckle and a forced smile. just hoping he won't notice that It was a forced one.

After a few minutes of waiting in silence, Our food came and it turned out that Chanyeol had already ordered for Eunji so her food came along with ours.after the our food got served the three of us then started eating. I am feeling really hungry but staring at them right now makes me feel really sick, I mean they are staring at each other's faces like they haven't been together for a long time. God, I just hate cheesy people. Nah, I guess I'm just being bitter? hmmm. Thought so too huh? "Hey, why aren't you touching your food man?" Chanyeol says, looking me with worrisome eyes. I just stared at him blankly, 'I CAN'T EAT WITH YOU TWO STARING AT EACH OTHER LIKE YOU'RE GOING TO EAT EACH OTHER UP' YA KNOW" I thought as I look at him. "Are you okay Kyungsoo-sshi?" Eunji asks, also looking at me with a worried expression. I instantly shook my head at her, and started touching my food. "I-I'm fine. Just a little tired I guess. Don't mind me." I said, looking away at their gazes and for christ's sake I'm not alright! ugh.

After eating in complete silence, probably because of my weird acting, the three of us decided to part ways since they think that I am feeling really sick which I am not. Eunji didn't brought her car so of course Chanyeol would most definitely take her home, leaving me all alone. I'm not really sad about it, I just feel a little pitiful inside. "Thank you for today, I appreciate it." I said, bowing at the both of them. Eunji then gave me a smile and waved at me before bowing towards my direction, mouthing a 'take care'. Chanyeol then walked towards me and grabbed my shoulders, leaning towards me. "Are you really okay going home alone? I mean I could walk you home or something? I want you safe." He says, looking at me in the eye. I smiled at him, appreciating his concern for me. "I'm fine. I can manage. I am a man you know? I can keep myself safe and talking about safe, You should stay with Eunji. She needs you, You two haven't seen each other for days." I said, grabbing his hands from my shoulders, having him to keep it for his own as I smile at him painfully. He then sighed and smiled before walking back to where Eunji is standing.  "I should get going now. You two have fun! Bye." I said, not even bothering to smile or look back.

It's really cold outside, that my hands feels like they are going to freeze to death. So when I reached my apartment, I immediately let myself in, to be able to warm myself up. I first changed my clothes then walked towards the kitchen to make a hot drink that'll accompany me tonight, when I suddenly hear my doorbell ring. I slowly walked to the door, thinking who might it be when it's already this late. "Who is it?" I said, twisting the knob to open the door for the person behind it. After opening the door slightly, I peeked outside to see a breathless Chanyeol catching his breath, when he noticed me peeking, he instantly looked at me. "Yah! *breathes* Aren't your legs too *breathes* short to be able to walk that *breathes* fast? I didn't even get a chance to caught up to you. *breathes* What are you?" He says, taking turns to breathe and talk. I then start to close the door making him feel that he isn't welcome, but he immediately stopped me mid way from closing it with his two hands, pulling the knob of the door like there's no tomorrow. "Go away!" I said, pulling the door to close it while he pulls it open. "W-wait. I am sorry okay? I was just so worried, I thought you passed out or anything since you look really sick." He says, gripping tightly on the door, giving me a very serious look. Ugh I just hate how he's such a worrisome kid, and the fact that I like this side of him makes me hate him even more. "Gonna let me in now?" He says, looking down at me with a small smile. I then looked at him before loosening my grip on the door and turning my back at him. He then slowly opened the door to enter, following behind me. "Suit yourself." I said, leaving him there as I feel him smiling goofily at my back, which he always do when gets his way.

When he finally entered the room and sat on the couch, I set down a glass of water infront of him. He then looked at me and smiled lightly. "Thanks." He says, grabbing the glass of water to drink it. I took a sit beside him, not knowing what to say and do since I did tell him to spend the night with Eunji so that they can be together, the two of them have been very busy lately, so I thought it'd be nice for them to catch up to things, I don't even know what he's here for.. After drinking the whole glass of water he then looked at me, and scooted over to my side. My eyes widened at his sudden action, not knowing what to do, I averted my eyes from him and said, "W-what are you d-doing!?", half shouting at him, I was ready to push him out of the couch when he suddenly grabs both of my hands. Of course I struggled from his grip to get out, I mean what the hell is he doing? Is he drunk? I can't smell any alcohol in him tho.. My mind was going blank, I can't think of anything but close my eyes from the shock. When I closed my eyes, All I can feel was his hot breath on my face as our foreheads touch. Wait-what? our foreheads touching? "I know that you have issues whenever you're being touched so I needed to restrain you to be able to check your temperature. Sorry." He says, as I feel him loosen his grip on me and scooting over to the other side.

I slowly opened my eyes, feeling stupid for expecting something different and for thinking that it was a loss. I tried maintaining my pokerface for him not to notice the pounding of my heart, but my heart won't stop pounding so hard that I don't even know what kind of face or expression I am wearing infront of him and the fact that he is looking at me right now isn't helping. "U-uh, sorry. Y-you were just so red and sweating all over. I thought you really were sick so I did that, but it turned out that you are not." He says, looking away from me. Why? Oh god, I knew it my face looks so freaking weird right now that he can't even look at me. "M-my face looks really weird right now isn't it? I-I'm sorry. You should go home now, I''m going to be fine so yeah." I said, slowly standing up to keep my distance from him but before I could even get away, he grabbed my hand and as he hold my hand, he slowly stood up and dragged me towards the bedroom. When we reached my room, he led me to my bed and said, "Go ahead and sleep, I'll be here in the living room if you need anything." before turning his back at me and leaving the room. A small chuckle suddenly came out from my mouth as I see him leave, I swear he really is the cutest, most worrisome and kindest kid ever. He deserves to be happy and be with the one he loves, which isn't me...

---//


Thoughts? Please comment them, it'd make me really happy if you do. Thank youuu for reading! Love you guys.💕