Chapter 13: THAT FRIEND

Being friends is enough.

Heyyy everyone! this is a short update but I hope you all like it. I’m having problems with my upcoming board exam because of my lazy so, I really need to focus myself but  no matter how scared I am, i just can’t stoo myself to write another chapter, that’s why I managed to update lol.

 

Enjoyyyy~

 

—///

 

 

It has already been 3 days since our last drama session in my house, and to be honest, it’s been hell after that, well it’s not because we’ve fought again or anything, it’s cause we’ve been very busy with our schedules, so meeting each other have been really tough for us.

 

“D.O-sshi, thank you for stopping by our convention today, you really saved us.” Mr. Yoo said, as he gives a small bow to me. “Uhm. N-no, I am the one who’s honored to be here, thank you for inviting me.” I said, before lowering my head to show my gratitude to him.

 

“Kyungsoo-ah? Are you ready? We only have 30mins to get to our next schedule.” Baekhyun said, looking our way as he grab our bags from the resting tent in the park, preparing to leave. “Mmm. I’ll be right there.” I said, before turning my back again to bid my goodbye to Mr. Yoo and his crew.

 

 

When Baekhyun and I were finally seated in the car, I immediately checked my phone for any messages or calls from Chanyeol, but sadly there weren’t any.

 

“Why the long face?” Baekhyun asked, before starting the car and hitting it on reverse so that we could leave the parking lot. “Huh? What?” I said, looking at him with puzzled eyes. A low chuckle then came out of his mouth, making me wonder more about what he was saying. “Don’t worry, he must just be busy.” Baekhyun said, as he focuses on the road but not forgetting to give me a reassuring smile. A small pained smile then formed on my face, before letting out a small sigh. “I know. He’s busier than me so, I understand. I need to work harder to catch up to him” I said, as I look out the window with sad eyes.

I’ve been thinking of a lot of things to be honest, I know that Chanyeol and Me are together no but, things just won’t go our way. I mean when we finally had the chance to understand each other, our work suddenly got between us. Are the Gods testing us? I don’t know anymore..

 

But, I do miss him, even though it’s only been 3 days. Does this make me look like a clingy boyfriend? I guess it does, Being in a relationship is pretty scary I think? Lol. ~

 

 

*RIIIIING* *RIIIIIIING*

 

.

.

 

*RIIIIIING* *RIIIIING*

 

 

“Ya! Do Kyungsoo? Your phone!” Baekhyun suddenly shouted, making me jump on my seat. “Eh? What?” I said, looking at him with eyes wide open. Baekhyun then rolled his eyes at me, “i didn’t know being love sick, makes you deaf? Well that’s news?” He said, before looking at the road again, as I answer my phone.

 

“Yeoboseyo?” 

 

“.....”

 

“Yeobo-“

 

“Kyungsoo-sshi.”

 

I heard the person in the other line said, her voice sounding really familiar, to the point that it made me froze a bit. “E-Eunji-sshi?” I said, making the other person on the line giggle lowly but, there’s one thing I’m really sure about, and that is, it is her. “Ye. Mianheyo for the suddenly ringing you.” She said, her voice trembling a bit. “N-No, it’s alright. What made you call me this time of the day?” I said, smiling awkwardly as I clutch my hands on the car sit, feeling really nervous about her calling me. “Uhm, Do you have any free time today? I was hoping if I could meet you.” She said, making my eyes widen in shock. Why does she suddenly want to meet? Is this about Chanyeol? “Ahh. I have an appointment to attend now, but we can meet after, though I do not know what time would the meeting end.” I said, letting out a low chuckle between my words, to hide my nervousness.

“It’s okay! You can text me after your appointment, then we can decide where to meet.” She said, her voice sounding relieved from what I said. “Uhm. Sure, I will.” I said, waiting for her end the call. “That’s great! Thanks!” She said for the last time then hung up.

 

“The Ex-girlfriend huh?” Baekhyun said, glancing at me to check if I am still alive and moving. I then glanced back at him and stared at him for a good 5 seconds, my face showing no expression or whatsoever. “Well to be honest, it’s about Time for her to show up, I mean their engagement was broadcasted to the whole country? What do you expect?” Baekhyun said, shrugging his shoulders as he grips on the stirring wheel. “What the heck should I do, Eunji-sshi is a really nice girl, she used to give me a lot of support  back then, when I was still a a newbie, and to know that it’s because of me that she’s hurting or suffering right now, makes me really sad. She deserves to be happy, This is crazy.” I said, as I run my hands through my hair, looking pathetic and scared. 

 

Baekhyun suddenly stopped the car and parked it at the side of the street, confusing me as to why we he did that. “What-why did we stop?” I said, looking at him with a confused look on my face. Baekhyun then removed his hands on the wheel and looked straight at me with a serious look, “What the hell are you saying? So you’re gonna give up your happiness for others again? Do you want to be a Martyr that badly? Is being a Saint your goal in life? I know she deserves to be happy but, what about you? Don’t you deserve it too?” Baekhyun said, looking at me with a scrunched up face, like a mom seeing her child fall apart.  

 

After hearing what Baekhyun said, It made me think if I could let go of all the happiness I have now, Chanyeol loves me, and I love him too. Nothing in this world would i ever want more than him being with me and I’m sure of that. We already promised each other to be together forever and I would never ever break that promise in my life, even if it means to fight for it.

 

“Are you listening to me?” Baekhyun said, pulling me back to reality again with his words. A smile then formed on my face, making him smile a bit too. “Thanks, Baek.” I said, before giving him a warm smile, that he in turn chuckled.

 

—-

 

After arriving at our destination, Baek and I immediately gone out of the car and ran inside the building to catch the start of the meeting. “Kyungsoo-sshi?” A guy in his skinny jeans and black hoodie said, running towards me. “Jongin-sshi!” I said, looking at him with a puzzled look. What is he doing here? Shouldn’t be he with Chanyeol? Well he is Yeol’s manager after all. “Ehhh! I told you that you can call me Kai.” The tan boy said, pouting his mouth at me. 

 

“Ya! Kim Jongin!” Baekhyun said, coming out of the restroom near us. Jongin’s eyes widened in shock to see the other coming out from nowhere, causing him to step back a little “H-HYUNG!” Jongin half shouted, as Baekhyun charges towards him, grabbing him by the collar. “How dare you show your face in front of me! You Brat! You still owe me that money you made waste! Give it back this instant!” Jongin said, laughing nervously as he stop Baekhyun from going berserk. “Ahhh~ Hyung, I already told you. No matter what you give to Sehun, He’d definitely love it.” Jongin said, tapping at the other hand to bring him down. “What the hell are you saying! He’s freakin allergic to it!” Baekhyun said, growling at the other with all his might. “But he accepted it right? That’s the Power of Love!” Jongin said, smiling widely like a fool at his hyung. “Aish! Kim Jongin You!” Baekhyun said, about to give it to Jongin when I suddenly interrupted them.

 

“Break it up you two! You’re both crazy so, let’s go in now Baek, we’re late!” I said, tapping my watch to let him know how late we are. After hearing what I said, Baekhyun clicked his tongue and let go of Jongin, still giving him glares and eye rolls. “We’ll continue this later Kim Jongin.” Baekhyun said, before walking towards the door of the event, probably to register us on the guest list. “I’m surprised that you can easily handle him.” Jongin said, giving small laughs as he talk about Baekhyun. I looked at him for a second and smile, “Yep. He’s a workload but, can be really useful when you need him.” I said, smiling at Baekhyun’s back, thinking how lucky I am to have him as a friend/manager.

 

 

—//

 

How was it? I didn’t check this draft so, if there are any problems with the spelling or grammar please spare me! Hehe. Thank youuuu ~ 

 

COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS LOVE

 

If you liked this story please SUBSCRIBE or give it an UPVOTE! ❤️