Chapter 3: Unsteady

Being friends is enough.

 

Of course I rushed this hahaha. Thank you for still reading my lame story and sorry for always rushing my updates. I love you all so enjoy~ don't forget to comment. 


--//

After I woke up, The memories of what happened yesterday came back to me so, I hurriedly sneaked out of my room and scanned the living room, to see Chanyeol sleeping on the couch like a baby, his hands wrapped around his legs and after minutes of staring at his angelic sleeping face, I suddenly thought of cooking breakfast as a thank you for staying with me since he won't be waking up anytime soon.

When I finished preparing our food, I decided to wake the sleeping boy from his deep slumber. "Chanyeol-ah!" I shouted, as I walk towards the living room,He then entered the kitchen, scratching his tummy with his eyes half closed. "Oh. you're already here, well that's new. You never wake up without me slapping you hard or anything" I said, taking my apron off as he sits in the table. "Mmm." He hummed in response with his eyes closed. After taking off and hanging my apron, I sat infront of him so that we could start eating. "feeling better now?" He asks, opening his eyes and looking at me with a serious look. I looked back at him and nodded, "Yeah. Never Better." I said, as I serve myself an omelette and a bread. I felt him smile at my words, "That's great. I was really worried." He says, as he pours himself a glass of milk. I then stopped my movement when I heard him say that he was worried for me, I felt a slight pang of anger hearing him say that. "You shouldn't be." I said, staring at the food on my plate. He also stopped and looked at me, Confused by what I said. "W-what are you talking about? Of course I would be, I mean you're my best friend." He says, not even bothering to look away from where I was sitting, meanwhile I felt myself cringe as I heard the word 'friend'... I knew it, that's all he sees me as, I am nothing more than a friend. I guess it was just me whose mistaking all of this care and love thing as something more, I am so pathetic. "I know. I know that. but If you're going to keep on doing these things, this I'm your best friend game. I don't even know what I'd do anymore. I'm so done with it." I said, feeling the anger slowly taking over me. I can feel him glaring at me, I know he's confused with the things I am saying but I can't take this anymore. "Wait what? So you're just treating all of this as a game? All those years we've been together and all those things we've done together means nothing to you?" He says, feeling all confused and hurt. I then looked at him and stared at him for seconds, not knowing what to say or do since he's been misunderstanding my words. 

My body's going numb, I can't even breathe, the butterflies inside my stomach won't stop fluttering, they won't stop fluttering painfully and breaking my insides. I feel like right now, all I want to do is scream out all my thoughts and feelings but I can't, I ing can't. I don't want to ruin anything, I don't want to take away his happiness, even if it means taking away mine, I don't care. He deserves to be normal, unlike me. He deserves a person who could give him happiness, Unlike me who always hurts him and pushes him away. I can't give him the happiness he wants, we're both males, we can't be happy. The society won't even accept us cus It's not freakin normal. I don't want to taint him, he's very pure and lovely that he deserves to be normal, but of course he is cus he's not like me and he'll never be..

 I can't take this anymore, I can't even look at him in the eye anymore, I am so done with feeling all pitiful and broken inside, I've endured a lot of things already. I think I can't go on anymore, I love him so much and I don't even know why because ever since I met him all I could think about is how I hate him. I never intended to fall for him, It's all his fault, I won't forgive him. I just want to be normal. I want to be someone who could stand by his side without this disgusting feelings, someone who won't see him as more than a friend and someone who could be Happy for him with his life now. I want to be that someone for him, but I know I can't cus I really can't and it big time. 

"Y-yeah. That's right. It was all a game. Ever since that day, I've never even considered you as a friend." I said, trying so hard to not let my tears fall, clenching my fists to not fall apart. His eyes widened in shock, trying not to lose control. I looked at him in the eyes, to read his mind when suddenly a small chuckle came out from his mouth, enough for me to hear. "Okay you got me, Let's stop this now okay? This isn't funny anymore." He says, looking away from my gaze, laughing like a fool when I'm totally serious here. When he stopped laughing, he looked at me again. "Of course it's not funny, no one's joking around here. Can you see me laughing? No, right?" I said, Not averting my gaze at him. He then made a painful expression, an expression like he's going to cry his heart out. "W-why are you doing this.. You're always like this.. You're so unfair.." He says, his voice cracking a little as he hides his face on his palms. I should be the one crying right here, Why the hell is he crying right now. "Don't cry for me, I don't deserve it. You should only cry for someone like eunji or your family or someone you take as your first priority." I said, Extending my hand to ruffle his hair, to calm him down. As I ruffle his hair, he slowly took his hands off of his face, looking right at me. I then smiled at him lightly when he suddenly grabbed the hand that I was using to ruffle his hair. "But you are! You are my first priority, you're like a family to me! I know I have lots of people in my life but if you won't be a part of it then I'd rather lose all of them than to lose you." He shouted, glaring at me like there's no tomorrow. I sighed at him and wiggled my hand off  from his grip, "That's fast, Awhile ago I was your best friend and now I'm your family? If you always make me your first priority, It'll get my hopes up, It'll make me expect more, And It'll break me even more. You don't get it do you?" I said, smiling at him painfully. "I don't. I ing don't!" He says, slamming both of his hands on the table, causing me to be startled at his sudden outburst. "Just forget it. Forget everything. It'll be for the better." I said. Smiling at him,as I hug my body trying not to breakdown and cry like a freakin mess infront of him. He  then retrieved his hands from the table and wiped his eyes and nose, " Okay then, if that's what you want. Let's forget everything." He says, turning his back at me and walking out of the kitchen to grab his things before leaving my apartment and slamming the door for me to hear it. 

 

and right after hearing the door slam, my legs became numb and my tears began to fall. I can't stop trembling. My breathing became slow and hard and heavier as my voice continue to crack w/  my sobbing. It felt like my world just crashed right before me, and it's all because of me... my fault.

 


---

 

A year passed like that, No calls, No messages, No everything. It's like were back to being strangers, being nothing like the old days. I sometimes think that we are better of like this, I mean, No one's getting hurt, No one's being shut down and No one's yearning for something. It's just plain nothing, and it feels good, it feels nice actually.


My book's been a great success, it even been made into a movie and people kept on requesting for book signings and for sequels and other things. It really feels great being loved, being appreciated and being accepted... Chanyeol and Eunji have been great ever since that incident, How did I know? Well as I told you, Chanyeol is a very famous writer and Eunji is a slightly famous model  so of course the Paps won't just sit still and not write any news about them.

"Do Kyungsoo-sshi? A bouquet of flowers arrived for you." An editor from our company said, as he brings me the flowers. I glanced at him and looked at the flowers, The bouquet was designed beautifully that it made me smile. It must be from another fan, I thought. He then gave me the letter attached to it and left the room. 

'Congratulations Kyungsoo-sshi! You did it. I knew you had it in you. Please call me very soon x'

-Jung Eunji 

Oh, it's from Eunji. She's such a very lovely girl. Should I call her? Well I probably should it's been a year already since we've last seen each other. I then grabbed my phone in my pocket and started looking for her contact to call her. When I found her number I immediately called her.

"Yeoboseyo?" 

"Ah. Yes. is this Eunji-sshi?" I asked, fidgeting like a nervous pup.

"Yes. Who's this?" She asked on the other line.

"Oh. This is Kyungsoo." I said, chuckling a little.

"Omo! Kyungsoo-sshi. It's been awhile" She says with a chirpy tone. I can really feel that she's really happy that I called.

"Yes. Sorry if I lost contact with you. I've been very busy with work and all." I explained calmly.

"Oh that's okay! We're talking now so it's fine." She said in a reassuring tone.

"Ah yes." I said, not knowing what to say anymore.

"Yah! Yeobo, Kyungsoo-sshi is on the other line. Come here!" she said.

My eyes widened when I heard her calling him, I was kinda expecting that but I'm not yet ready to talk to him after what happened. We even promised to forget everything and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't want to talk to me so I immediately clicked the end call button then texted Eunji that I was called for something that I had to end the call. I know I'm being a coward but It's better to prevent things from happening than to be hurt even more.,

--//

Rushed but yeah I hope you guys like it. ☹️
Please comment your thoughts or anything cus It'll make me really happy. Don't be a silent reader okay? Let's communicate. Thankyouuu!