War of Hearts

Being friends is enough.

Hello everyone! I’m telling you this isn’t a happy chapter! So proceed with caution... 

if you like this story please subscribe and give it an upvote! Thank youuuu~ Enjoyyyy

 

—//

.

.

.

.

 

Last night was unbelievable, I never knew in my whole life that things could go that way. I mean, I’ve been preparing myself for the worst things to happen, but no, it turned out to be the opposite of what I’ve been thinking... Unbelievable...

 

“Ya!”

.....

“Ya!!!”

.......

“YA DO KYUNGSOO!!!”

 

My eyes instantly widened at the sudden outburst of Baekhyun’s voice, “Yaa!! Jugulle? I’ve been talking here non-stop and you’re just sitting there with your eyes dead and your mind floating elsewhere? — Ahh.

Chinja!” Baekhyun said, giving me an eye roll before turning his back at me. “Haaa.. Mian, Mian. My mind just can’t process all of the things that’s been happening in my life. I am far too gone.” I said, as I lay my back on the couch, closing my eyes to regain myself. “Can’t you just accept the fact that he feels the same way about you, and for God’s sake just be thankful and stop thinking about bad things, you ungrateful child.” I heard baekhyun said, as I felt him sitting down beside me again, probably holding a cup coffee with his hands since I can smell the strong aroma. “Here.” He said, as I open my eyes and tilt my head to the side to see him handing me a cup of coffee. “Black?” I asked, looking straight at him. “Mmmm. Black.” making me smile before taking the cup of coffee. “You know me best.” I said, before sitting up and taking a sip from my coffee.

 

The two of us spend the whole day, talking to each other, well of course Baekhyun did most of the talking but still it felt great listening to him, making me laugh and all. I really am lucky to have him as a manager and as a friend.

 

When I got back home, I was welcomed by a sleeping Chanyeol on my bed. I stood there a bit shock from his presence, I’m still not used to this...

 

“Mmmm. Hey.” Chanyeol groaned, rubbing his eyes as he tries to sit up and look at me. “What are you doing here?” I said, not knowing what to say or feel at this moment, I mean it’s just happening all to fast, I feel a bit suffocated from this. 

 

“I missed you so, I came here. I actually fell asleep waiting for you. Sorry.” He said, climbing off of the bed to walk towards me. “Oh. Okay.” I said, standing there like my feet were glued on the floor. I then looked at his figure, that was slowly coming my way, making me feel a bit nauseous. “I missed you, Kyungsoo-ah.” He said lightly as he pull me towards him and ruffle the back of my head like a pup. “Mmm.” I said, feeling light headed as I inhale his scent, which is far most the best calming smell ever. “Have you eaten?” I asked, slightly pushing him away from me. Chanyeol then looked at me, a little puzzled from my behavior, I swear I can’t even look him in the eye and he freakin knows it. I just hope he doesn’t ask... “Are you okay?” He asked, looking straight at me, making me shiver a bit. I the averted my eyes from him, and walked towards the closet to hang my coat and change into something comfortable. “I’m fine. Don’t worry, I’m just tired.” I said, before walking out of the room, leaving him to make dinner for the both of us..

 

I’m acting like an I know but, I feel like there’s a big lump in my throat every time our skin touches and every time we act like lovers.. I mean it just doesn’t feel right, I don’t know....

 

As I start my cooking, Chanyeol finally came down with his hair wet and his shirt missing. A blush immediately formed on my cheeks, from his sudden iness, I am just not used to this... ugh.. my heart won’t stop beating.. “Please put some shirt on, you’ll catch a cold.” I said, as try to focus on my cooking and calming my heart at the same time. 

 

After I finished cooking, I immediately turned off the gas and started on setting the table. “It’s okay, let me set the table myself.” Chanyeol said, suddenly barging in the kitchen. “Ah- Wait. I can do it by myself” I said, a bit confused from his sudden plan. A small chuckle then, escaped from his lips, making me more confused. “I didn’t came here for you to serve me, I came here to spend time with you, and be with you so, depend on me a little too okay? We’re on this together now.” Chanyeol said, staring right at me as he holds my hand tightly, before slowly letting go to grab the plates and take them to the dining table. 

 

I stood there, feeling stupid and guilty for thinking like a jerk. I wish I could do better, but I just can’t seem to feel confident in this relationship... i just can’t...

 

“So how was work?” Chanyeol started, trying to break the awkward silence between us. “N-nothing really.” I said, averting my eyes from him again. “If you don’t want to talk about it then, it’s okay but, if you keep on averting your eyes from me and lightly pushing me away, every time I come near you, then that would mean something else is bothering you..” Chanyeol said, staring at his food, as he plays with his chopsticks, trying to keep his vision elsewhere but from me..

 

I really wanted to say something but, I just can’t say something...  i’m scared as hell for this relationship, I don’t even know if I deserve this..

 

“I love you.” Chanyeol said, staring right at me now, his face looks like he’s about to cry. “Don’t you?” He added, before looking down again, trying his hardest to hide his scrunched up face. “I do.” I said, looking at the food infront of us. “Well... I can’t feel it..” he said, smiling bitterly at me. “I know, I’m sorry.” I said, not knowing what to say, I freakin hate myself at times like this I swear.. “What should we do then?” He asked, making me choke on the inside, Feeling the lump stuck inside my throat again. Please don’t let him say, that he’ll leave... please... I don’t want that... i said to myself, before breathing in the heavy air around us and breathing it out heavily...

 

“I- I don’t know... I’m just scared.” I said, trying to make sense.. “Scared? Scared of what? of who? ... of me? of them?” He said, making me look away... “Of us, I’m scared of us...” i said, before looking right at him, my eyes glistening from the tears that are threatening to fall. “W-why would you be scared of us? Why us?” He asked, his gaze piercing right through me. “I-i’m scared of this relationship. I’m scared that, one day all of this would just be a dream... To be honest, there are times that whenever you get all sweet towards me, my mind gets all blank and at the back of my mind a piece of me starts to think of when will all of this last, when will we last... like how many days would it take you to leave me, and how many days would it take for this foolish fairytale that I’m leaving would crumble apart...”

I said, my face scrunching up from the pain, I was feeling inside me.. Chanyeol, stayed quiet for awhile... 

“I-I’m not confident enough Chanyeol... I’m not confident enough to keep you with me, I’m not sure if I could even make you Happy, I’m not normal, this relationship isn’t normal... I feel like I’m lacking in everything while you have everything... the complete opposite.. I don’t even know what to do anymore... i want to make you happy...i really do... I’m sorry..” i said, as I bury my face on my palms...

 

“Why are you apologizing? Have you ever asked me what can and can’t make me happy? Who freakin said that you are lacking and I am perfect? Who freakin said you aren’t normal? I swear if I ever see them i’ll beat their faces into a pulp. I don’t ing care what’s normal to their eyes, because All I know is that you make me the Happiest, you complete me, You don’t have the right to say that you can’t make me Happy because you do, You always do... the future and the pas because all I’m looking forward to is the present, i don’t know what will happen to us in this relationship and how many freakin years will it last, bu all I know is that I love you. I’ve loved you and waited for you for God knows how many years, and this won’t stop me from being with you. I’ve fought for this, well if leaving you is what’s gonna make me normal then being normal..” Chanyeol said, half shouting and half not. “So please.. stop hiding in your shell.. i promise, i’ll protect you. I am here, I won’t disappear. Stop thinking about negative things. Please believe in me. I love you.. I love you so much it hurts.. all of this, Of course I am scared too but, if we both focus on the thought of this relationship breaking, then what’s the point of all of this right? We can do this. Just believe me, You’re the only one I want to grow old with and die with..” Chanyeol said, as he grabs my arm gently, making me look up and look at him straight in the eyes.

 

“I-i’m s-so sorry..I love you too so much, I promise i’d be better please forgive me.” I said, feeling so pathetic at what I was thinking and doing to him. I am the ine ruining this relationship, and I didn’t even know. I slowly stood up and walked towards his side, before slumping my snot and tears filled face. “You don’t have to be better, I want you just the way you are okay? Don’t think of any ty things.” Chanyeol said, as he pats my back and ruffle my hair continuously, making me cry harder. I really am lucky to have him. I really am.

 

“Shushhh~ I love you. I love you so much.” Chanyeol whispered repeatedly towards my ear as he tries to calm me, and stop me from crying. “You’re such a cry baby, you’ve always been a hardshell but whenever you cry, you cry like a baby.” Chanyeol said, chuckling as he my hair. “S-shut up.” I said, hitting his side lightly, before smiling at his shoulder. “O-ow. You small meanie!... get it? cus you aren’t big.” He said, making me feel a bit better with his corny jokes. “Pabo.” I mumbled through his neck, before biting him hard and running towards my room. “YAAAAAAH!!! DO KYUNGSOO!! I’LL FREAKIN BITE YOU ALL OVER!!” 

 

I’d be forever Thankful to the Gods for giving him to me..I love him. I really do.. ~ thank you.

.

.

.

.

 

——//

 

How was it? I hope you guys enjoyed this story! Please do subscribe and give it an upvote.. thank you! 

Still not sure if I’d label it as a completed story, but I’d try my hardest to do more chapters. I mean with them having a lovely time, hihihi.

I just prefer tear-jerking stories so i apologize ahahaha. See you soon!