Chapter 5 - Coincidence

Being friends is enough.

 

 

I've been very lazy last week and this week so I don't know if I did a good job with this update and school just started for me which . I don't know when would I be able to update or write again since school is a very big hindrance to my focus and feels so pls be very very patient. I love you guys and sorry for a crappy update! Hope you guys like it! 

COMMENTS ARE LOVED SO PLS LEAVE ONE OR AS MANY AS YOU WANT


----//

Today's gonna be a very busy day for me since my schedule is packed. I don't even know how will I survive this day since that damn Byun Baekhyun decided to slack off with his damned boyfriend. Baekhyun and I are pretty much compatible with each other, I always curse at him but that doesn't mean that I hate him or anything. He's a very passionate guy when it comes to his work and the people he loves so yeah, He's actually a very nice person but a ty manager.

While waiting for the substitute manager to come and pick me up, I decided to just read a book to pass time. I must say, It's been quite awhile since I've started reading books again. I wasn't able to concentrate in reading books ever since I became a writer myself, and when my book was sponsored/chosen to become a movie, my life became even much busier. I'm not really complaining about it, rather I'm pretty much thankful for all these blessings coming to me. It's like a dream come true, Mine and Chanyeol's dream to be exact. Well he did manage to achieve it first but I never knew that I could be one too. My family didn't really like the thought of me becoming a writer since there's no assurance that I'd be successful, but thanks to Chanyeol I managed to achieve it. I'd always be thankful for him. 

*Ding-Dong* *Ding-Dong*

I heard the doorbell ringing, must be the substitute manager. I quickly grabbed my things and headed to the door. When I got out of the house, a young man who's a little bit taller than me  was standing outside the gates. "Ah! Kyungsoo-sshi! Annyeonghaseyo! My name's Jongin, Kim Jongin but my friends calls me Kai for short." He says, making a 90 degrees bow. I looked at him weirdly, trying to brush off his weird way of greeting. "Uh. Okay then, Jongin-sshi." I said, smiling at him lightly. He looked at me and gave me a wide smile before looking away and making his way towards the car door, opening it for me. I immediately rode the car and chose the seat farthest from the driver's seat. I'm such an anti-social kind of person, i know. 

When the both of us were inside the car, he first wore his seatbelt before looking back at me. "Ready?" He asked, giving me a small smile. I looked at him and nodded twice, before grabbing my earpods from my bag, to let him know that I don't want any further conversations with him. He then just shrugged his shoulder and started driving.

Along the ride, I could feel and see his lips moving from the rearview mirror of the car. I can't really tell what he was saying and I don't really care so I brushed the feeling off. When suddenly, the car stopped. I immediately opened the curtains and looked outside. "This isn't the place I should be, why the hell did he stop and where the heck is he going?" I said to myself, as he goes out of the car. He entered this old building, next to where we are parked. I looked at it closely to see that it's a publishing company, I stared at it, feeling a little confused. I didn't know that we'll be coming here, i mean why would we be? I guess he's picking up something for me but I've never been in this place before, maybe it's for someone I don't know. I gone back to my seat and leaned back, relaxing myself. We still have lots of time before my first schedule so it should be fine, I guess. 

After 10 minutes of waiting, I looked outside again to see my substitute manager heading back towards the car. He wasn't carrying anything with him, What the hell did he do there then? He's a little sneaky for a substitute manager. He then opened the back car door which was a seat away from me, when our eyes met he smiled at me widely. "Sorry for making you wait Kyungsoo-sshi." He says before glancing back at the building. I rolled my eyes at him, feeling annoyed as to why we stopped here, ugh he's wasting my precious time. "Yah! Why are we here? This wasn't a part of my schedule? You should've informed me first!" I said, crossing my arms in annoyance. He then looked at me with a confused look, "W-what? I just told you? You even nodded." He says, scratching the back of his head. My eyes widened at his words, He was clearly mouthing things awhile ago, maybe he did told me about it. I thought he was like starting a conversation or something. He also said that I nodded, but I didn't, maybe it's because I was listening to a good song that time that my head just nodded in it's own to match the beat? WHAT THE HELL. "W-what! Uhmm- it's cus I-Iwas listening to music so I didn't kn----" My rant got cut off when a certain someone appeared at the back of the substitute boy. "I'm sorry that I had to rush  you here Kai, it's because of my delayed draft that they want me to get there as soon as possible." the certain someone says, smiling as he pats the substitute's shoulder. "It's okay author-nim don't worry, I am substituting for a hyung from another management today since you and I are on a break for a week. I'm not planning on resting at all!" The substitute said, before glancing back at me. I immediately looked away, trying to hide my face from him and that someone. "Ah. Annyeonghaseyo! I am writer Park Chanyeol, I'm so sorry to hold you guys up. I promise not to be a bother, I just need to get to the same place you guys are going.. Uhm..Kai is my manager so I am really sorry to in." He says, looking at my back. I knew it, he didn't recognize me, well I did change my hairstyle and all so I can't blame him and I'm hiding my face so yeah. 

I clenched my fist, gathering all the courage I have as I try to maintain my pokerface to make it look more natural. "But. You're already bothering us, Chanyeol-sshi." I say, as I look at their way. Looking right at Chanyeol's eyes. His eyes then widened, at the sight of me. He wasn't expecting it I guess, and It doesn't really matter to be honest. This is just a mistaken coincidence, It's nothing more than that. "K-kyungsoo?" He says, looking all confused and shocked. I then nodded at him, as I try my hardest not to break my pokerface.

When the three of us boarded the car, All I could ever think about was to get out of the car or jump out of it. I could feel his strong gaze at the back of my head, I swear I might burn anytime soon. "How were you?" I heard him whisper at the back of my head. I shuddered at the feeling of hearing his voice again, Never knew I would be able to hear it again. "I've been good. Thanks." I said, not even looking back at him. "Of course you've been." He said, sighing after. I didn't respond to him, i mean i can't just be friendly with him since after parting because of a huge argument last year, that would be so so awkward. After a minute of silence, I suddenly remembered something, "Oh yeah, Congratulations." I said, half smiling at myself. "Congratulations for what?" He asked, a little confused by my words. "You should know that, The whole world knows it. You proposed to Eunji right?" I said, feeling the butterflies inside my stomach flutter furiously. "Oh yeah" He says, giving off a very deep sigh. My eyes widened at his reply, what does he mean by "Oh yeah"? What the hell and he sighed really deep just now. I then looked back at him and stared right through his eyes. "She deserves to be happy with the man she loves, and you do too. I'm very happy for the both of you... Chanyeol-ah" I said, giving him a faint smile. "We need to talk." He says, grabbing my shoulder. I stared at him, I was about to say okay when we suddenly got interrupted. "We're here!" The substitute boy says, pulling over. My eyes widened as I realized what I was about to say, I don't want to have any ties with him anymore so why? "Sorry but I am really busy." I said, as I immediately grab my bags and leave the car. Leaving him speechless and shocked.

----//


Thoughts? Comment down pls.  I need comments to feel inspired! Hahah. I hope you enjoyed this pls don't be a silent reader. Don't forget to Subscribe or upvote if you like my story. Thank youu!