SAVIOR

Being friends is enough.

 

I wanted to update so bad that I wasn't able to study so, please pray for me!! Huhuhu Enjoy. I didn't check anything in this chapter so pls understand ~ love you guysss.


~~~~~~~~//


"Let's also welcome the successful grandson of the president, Mr. Park Chanyeol." .....

As soon as I heard his name being called, my excitement instantly crumbled. I didn't even know that Mr. Park is Chanyeol's grandfather, I mean there are a lot of people with the surname "Park" but Chanyeol never did tell me about his grandfather way back then. I do get, that he's the president's grandson but he's not even needed here, this is a conference about my book and the only people that should be here are the producers, directors, staff and the president, so why?

The two of them were now walking side by side towards the front, making me feel even more panicky and nervous than before. The big problem here is that, I am sitting way too close to the front and it's not okay.. "Good afternoon everyone. Should we get started. You may all take yours seats." The president said, as he motioned us to sit down with a big smile on his face. Of course everyone did take their seats, but as for me, I got so busy hiding myself that I accidentally stumbled from my seat, diverting everyone's attention towards me as my behind comes in contact with the carpeted floor. I was so embarrassed that I felt myself froze for a second from where I was sitting. I mean, Most of the people inside this room are famous and highly respected people that looking like a fool in front of them would definitely feel so shameful, I can't even force myself to look at their faces pitying me so, I stayed there sitting like a fool as they all stare at me with their pity-filled eyes, waiting for the floor to swallow me whole.

"Uh. Kyungsoo-sshi? Are you okay?" i heard someone from behind say, pulling me back to my senses. I then slowly looked up to see the person talking to me, but due to the sudden rush of blood to my head, my vision got a bit blurred that I wasn't able to see the man talking to me. "Did you hurt yourself?" He asked, grabbing my arm to support me as I try to stand up. "Uh. I-I'm fine. I just got surprised. T-thank you." I said, blinking my eyes to clear my vision. "T-thank Y--." I said, stopping half way to see that the man standing in front of me was Chanyeol. "Ch-chanyeol -ah." I said, half whispering his name. He then smiled at me, before grabbing my fallen chair. "Ahh. You must've fell because of this chair's sturdy legs." He said, as he kick the chair's legs, wrecking it even more. The staff then immediately changed my seat when they heard Chanyeol. "You guys should've been more careful! Apologize to Kyungsoo-sshi immediately." Chanyeol said, scolding the staff members lightly as they bow in front of me with pure sincerity.  "No, it was alright." I said to them bowing back at them. When they finished changing my seat, I immediately looked at Chanyeol. "T-Thank you." I said, giving him a small awkward smile from what he did, If he wasn't there I wouldn't be able to handle this situation well so, Thank God. After receiving a thank you from me he immediately smiled at me with his professional smile before going back to his seat. I stood there for a good 10 seconds before realizing clearly what the hell had happened. I swear we were just fighting awhile ago.. 

--

After the private conference, everything got settled from the different scenes plotted to the chosen casts for the act. It was actually enjoyable for me since, I can exactly picture the artists that'll be casting in the movie as the characters from my book. It made me really happy how welcoming and approachable everyone was the whole time. Since there are still clarifications to be made in the movie, more conferences would still be held from time to time which I don't have any problems with. 

So now, everyone's grouping themselves to chat with the other members and staff of this project, some were also eating at their respective tables since a feast was prepared right after the conference ended. As for me, I was actualy roaming around the room, trying to find a place with less people because I really can't handle places with too much people in it, It's actually amazing how calm I was the whole conference, must've been because I was doing what I like but for now, I feel a bit suffocated..

"D.O-sshi." A beautiful lady around my age shouted lightly as she walk towards me, she wasn't really familiar to me but of course, I immediately gave her my professional smile as I bow lightly towards her. "It's a great pleasure to be able to finally meet you in person! I've always liked you and your books!" the lady said, as she extends her hand towards me for a handshake. "Ah. Ye. Kamsahamnida." I said politely, as I accept her handshake. "Oh. I forgot to introduce myself! Here's my business card." She said, handing her card to me with her two hands. After receiving her business card, I immediately looked at it. "Bae Ju Hyun? I-re-neu?" I said, stuttering a bit, still looking at the card. A small chuckle then came out from her lips, enough for me to hear. I then glanced at her with my eyes wide open. "M-mianhaeyo. I didn't mean to laugh. It just sounded funny and cute when you pronounced my name." She said, smiling at me cutely. Waah She really is beautiful, I thought. "Oh. I'm sorry. Did I pronounce it wrong?" I asked, smiling awkwardly in a good way. She then shook her head before looking at me again. "You didn't. It just sounded cute." She said, covering as she continues to snicker, making me laugh too with her contagious chuckle. "Yah! Noona, you should stop bothering people with your weird antics." I heard someone familiar said behind me. Yep. It's him. I looked back a bit to see Chanyeol standing behind me again, looking straight at Irene. Wait. Did he just call her Noona? So, you're saying that she's also a noona for me. Wow, she looks so young though. "Yah! Park Chanyeol! Shut up. What do you want? Please Don't mind him D.O-sshi." Irene said, as she rolls her eyes at Chanyeol, making the other smile with his tongue sticking out at her. "Well whatever, I am here to tell you that grandfather is furious about you doing things without his permission again." Chanyeol said, pointing his long finger at her. Sorry, but why am I even watching this? "Aish. This is your fault. I told you to just cover for me didn't I?" Irene said, stomping her feet on the ground as she glares at Chanyeol. Irene then, glanced at me with a big smile before grabbing my hands and bowing a little. "It was really nice meeting you Kyungsoo-sshi. I promise to have a nice talk with you next time. Sorry. I wish you well." She said, before letting go of my hands and leaving the two of us alone. And when I said us, it means that me and Chanyeol in an awkward moment.


I was actually planning to leave but before I could even make my first step, he suddenly grabbed my arm and lead me out of the crowd and out of the room. 
I did, struggle my way out of his grip but he just won't budge, leading me in this situation. "What the hell are you doing?" I said, glaring at him as I withdraw my arm from his grip. "It's okay, I'm not doing this to interfere with your work. I know you hate crowded places that it makes you sick, that's why I brought you here. You can just stay here for the meantime. That's all. I don't mean any harm." He said, showing no emotion on his face. Is it so wrong to feel happy from what he just said? ugh. I mean I can seriously hear my heart thumping like crazy, this is so not going well. "Stop beating already! This is not even worth beating for" I thought. After looking straight at me for 30 whole seconds he then, turned around and started walking back inside. "T-thanks for awhile ago. I know the seat wasn't broken and still you did that so, thank you for saving my face back there... " I said, looking at the ground as I fell his gaze towards me intesify. I then slowly raised my head to look at him sneakily, just to be met by his gazing eyes and smiling face. "W-why are you smiling! I just said that because I didn't want to feel burdened after this! I still have my pride ya know!" I said, trying to clarify my intention as I turn my back towards him. "Yeah. You should take care of yourself more." He said, before walkin back inside.

For 10mins or more, I just stayed her outside, still occupied by what Chanyeol did for me today. He saved me twice, just right after I did something horrible to him. I seriously feel like Satan right now to be honest, i mean can he just stop actling like a freakin martyr every time? He's always making things harder for me. "When will this end. I swear this is not even funny, what the hell is this? A Drama?" I said, before letting out a big sigh. 

"Oh. Author-nim." A man who just got out from the door said, probably looking down at me right now since I'm sitting in a squat position beside the door. I then looked up to see who it was but when my eyes met the person calling me, my eyes instantly widened. "A-ah! President Park." I said, immediately standing and giving him a 90 degrees bow. A small chuckle then escaped from the president's mouth, finding me a bit funny for panicking. "Why are you staying here? Aren't you having fun inside?" He asked,  smiling at me warmly. I then shook my head in an instant, telling him that it's not that. "Uhm. To be honest, I can't really handle parties, gatherings or anything that involves a lot people. I am so sorry." I said, telling him the truth since I didn't really wanna lie to him. He then nodded and smiled at me. "Well, we can't do anything about it for now, but you should get used to it at some point cus this is where your career starts  D.O-sshi." He said, smiling warmly at me. A smile immediately formed on my face as I chuckled at his words lightly, not knowing what to say. "Are you gonna keep staying here outside?" the president asked looking straight at me as he points to the ground. "Ahh- Ye." I politely said, as I scratch the back of my head. HE then smiled at me warmly and tapped the side of my shoulder. "Come with me then D.O-sshi, Let's have a Talk." He said, as he started to walk. My eyes of course instantly widened from what he said but, out of respect I didn't have the courage to say No so, I slowly followed behind his back, not knowing what to do and where he'll be taking me.

When we arrived at the place, which was resting room prepared for the president, he immediately offered me a seat and a drink before sitting on the sofa. "Thank you sir." I said, accepting the drink with two of my hands before sitting back. He then smiled at me and laughed a little. "You're really a polite man. I like your personality D.O-sshi. You're like my grandson." He said, before taking a sip from his tea. An awkward laugh immediatly escaped from my mouth. What?  Chanyeol and I are alike? Hold up, we're the exact opposite of each other so why? This is so awkward, I don't know what to say. "Oh. speaking of my grandson, did you know that he's a really big fan of yours?" He said, looking at me straight in the eyes. Making me flinch a bit, I do know that Chanyeol likes my book but I seriously don't know how I should react to this. "Ahhh. really? I'm honored, to be honest, I am actually a fan of his works, including yours too Mr. President." I said, smiling widely at him. My words of course brought laughter to him since he must've not expected it. "Wow. I never knew that there are still some people reading my books. I mean It's already been 15 years since I stopped writing books and started focusing on directing movies, dramas and shows. You really are unexpected Kyungsoo-sshi." He said, chuckling at his words. "Well it was considered as one of the masterpiece in our era back then, it doesn't really matter how old something is, as long as people loves it." I said, encouraging him with a huge smile. He then looked at me, squinting his eyes a bit, "I don't know why, but you really do remind me of him. You two should try hanging out some time, i bet you two would definitely get along." He said, pointing at me. My eyes widened a bit from what he just said, thinking that he must've not been informed that Chanyeol and I used  be best of friends. "I bet we would" I said, giving him a faint smile. "Have I told you that he was the one who convinced me to make your book a movie, so that he could meet you personally, but of course it's not just that, I really did took a liking to your book and also since the book got really famous, I decided to agree with Chanyeol's request." He said, taking a sip of his tea again before his phone started ringing. He then looked at me and gave me a sign that he needed to take the call before walking away, leaving me there with too much to think..

Why would Chanyeol do that, even after leaving him that time. Taking all measures just to see and find me, what the hell is he doing? Making me feel like this, it's just so annoying and unfair, I wanna rip him to pieces oh god. I can feel the butterflies inside my stomach starting to soar again, this isn't good, he's already engaged, it's not right.. It would never be..


~~~~~~~\\

COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS LOVED! SUBSCRIBE OR UPVOTE 🖤