Chapter 4 : No Attachments

Being friends is enough.

 

 

I had a slight writer's block with this chapter! Omg I am so sorry, I don't even know if you guys would love the update. I am so sorry, I'll try my hardest next time. I've been erasing and rewriting and erasing stuffs from my draft of this so please bear with me. Please oh please Leave your comment, suggestions or feedback. I would love to read all of them, It'll inspire me to do better so please? Thank youuu~


----//

Today's book signing event just ended, and all I could think about is to go home and take a rest. It's not always that a lot of people would come to my events, but today, there were loads of people who came. They were all waiting patiently in line and to be honest, I couldn't be happier that they were all there to support me. I seriously feel lucky having them beside me.

When I got home, I instantly cooked dinner for myself so that I could rest all I want when I finished eating. After cooking, I served myself a meal and sat on the couch to watch tv and as I switch on the television, a breaking news came in about two well known people, and yes they are pretty well known by me. "Good Evening South Korea, There have been lots of break up rumors circulating about 'Famous writer Park Chanyeol' and 'Famous Model Jung Eunji', People were saying that they've been very cold and distant to each other since last year but yesterday everyone was shocked when, Hot writer Mr. Park surprises his girlfriend in to a sudden proposal at her photoshoot." I sat there frozen, staring at the screen, as they flash sweet pictures of Chanyeol and Eunji.

 I knew it, I shouldn't have watched the news, I should've just watched a very boring as hell show, than to end up watching this. I can't even chew nor swallow the food inside my mouth, I don't have the energy to eat anymore. This feels like .. Before the reporter could even finish her report, I immediately switched off the TV, not wanting to hear anymore of that. I stood up from where I was seating and grabbed my plate of food, that was barely touched by me. I walked towards the kitchen and wrapped my plate before putting it in the fridge. I grabbed a bottle of water to soothe my drying throat, but when I started drinking the liquid, I couldn't even bring myself to swallow it. It feels there's something blocking throat, I began trembling and crying, realizing how pitiful I look. It feels so terrible, I always knew that this day would come, the time that they'd plan on getting married and have a family,  but I never knew that it would hurt a hundred times than what I was expecting. My sobs then started to sound like cracking groans and my tears won't stop falling like a freaking waterfalls. I felt my body getting heavier than usual so I decided to just go straight to bed and sleep this off.

When I got to my bed, I immediately tucked myself in, preventing myself to overthink and to cry even more. I buried my face in a pillow, trying to get myself some sleep, but of course I can't. Who am I kidding? I thought I've already started getting over him but here I am now, trying so hard to compose myself, I don't even know who am I know. It's all his fault, getting me so attached to him, getting me all fragile and sensitive then breaking me like this. I used to be so good at hiding my feelings and brushing everything away, so why, why is this happening? And then it hit me, Having no attachments is better, It's perfect.

------

When I woke up it was already morning, I got myself up and straight to bathroom to see my whole face swelling. "Oh. I did cry last night." I said, chuckling at myself. A tear then fell from eye, I immediately wiped it and slapped my face with both of my hands, "I'm okay. It swelled cause I was sleeping soundly last night. I didn't even cry that much." I said, laughing it off. I then started to wash my face and head downstairs to the kitchen to have my breakfast.

When I reached the kitchen, I opened the fridge and saw my leftovers from last night. I stared at it for a minute and smiled, "Oh yeah, my leftovers. I wasn't able to eat it all cus I was so sleepy last night right?" I said, laughing at myself again, looking like a crazy man. I headed to the microwave to heat it up and after waiting for a few minutes, I got it out and started digging in. It was so quiet that I thought of watching the tv, but then it hit me that It's not a good plan, so I just it in and ate quietly. After eating quietly, my phone suddenly rang, startling me a little. I looked at the caller and saw that it was an unknown number, I was hesitating to answer it since I've been getting a lot of prank calls from haters and fans but, yeah I answered it. I waited for the caller to speak, but all I could hear was some *woooshing* sounds. I was about to hung up, when the caller finally spoke. "Kyungsoo-ah." I heard the other person on the line call my name. "W-who's this?" I said, trying to sound strict cus this might be some pranks or other things. "Oh. Yeah. Sorry I haven't told you my new number yet lol. It's me Baekhyun" the person from the other line said. I breathed out heavily, knowing that I won't have to deal with ty people this morning. "Aish, You should've atleast told me! You know that I don't answer calls from unknown numbers!" I said, feeling annoyed at my cheeky manager. "Pfft. But you did you Idiot!" He says, laughing so loudly that my ears can't take it. "You should be thankful cus I felt like I needed to take the call that's why! You sicko!" I said, trying to calm myself from wanting to kill Baekhyun. "Aw. Shut up Do Kyungsoo! Just listen to me okay? This is very important!" He said, as I roll my eyes at his commando voice. "Tsk. Just go on with it already!" I said, slightly shouting at him. I heard him laugh at the other line before sighing. "Okay so here it goes, You do know that Me and my Sehun are now together again... Right?" He said, I can totally feel that he's pretty nervous about what he's going to say. "Hmm. Go on~" I said, feeling suspicious. "UHM. You won't like this but.. THE TWO OF US ARE GOING ON A TRIP FOR OUR 2ND ANNIVERSARY I AM SO SORRY!" He says, shouting at my ear, making me cringe at his loud voice. "WHAT WHAT!!? YOU'RE GOING TO LEAVE ME AGAIN? Wait. You're joking right? I MEAN YOU BETTER BE!" I said, feeling the anger traveling thru my veins. "I AM SO SORRY OH MY GOD. I PROMISE TO FIND YOU THE BEST SUBSTITUTE FOR ME! I SWEAR!" He said, screaming at the top of his lungs while feeling apologetic. Weird but yeah I can feel that he's sorry since this already happened a year ago, the two of them celebrating their 1st anniversary out of the country too. "I swear if you find me another useless substitute manager, I'll freakin tie you up as you watch me choke the out of your boyfriend." I said, scaring him so that he won't make another mistake with the substitute manager thingy. "I swear. I freakin swear Hyung-nim." He says, chuckling a little at my words. "I'm serious Byun Baekhyun. Well when are you guys leaving?" I asked, feeling calm with all this talk we're having. "U-uhm. Actually..... It's Tomorrow morning." He said, letting out a chuckle at the end. I then felt my temperature rising, "WHAT THE HELL! WHY ARE YOU JUST SAYING THIS TO ME NOW!" I shouted, feeling furious about this matter. "I was meant to tell you but *laughs nervously* you know how I always forgot things so yeah that's all~ *creeek* *screech* *wooosh* oh what? Did you say something? *creek* Hyung, I can't hear you! Bye.." He said, believing that I'd fall for that . I swear his so stupid, I mean how could he say that He can't hear me when I didn't even say anything? Ugh. Baekhyun logic *sighs.

I set down my phone on the table to wash my dishes and As I wash them, I felt my mind getting clouded by the possible substitute manager, I mean how that person would ruin my day and schedule, something like that. When I finished washing, I sat on the couch and smiled, It feels great that I'm not affected by it now, I'm referring to the incident last night. I just need to keep myself busy I guess. I then headed to my room and started continuing my soon to be released book...


----//

Thoughts or anything? Please comment them. I hope you enjoyed the update, It's pretty lame so I am so sorry. Don't be a silent reader okay? Love you guys and thank you so so much :)