Chapter 1: How it started

Being friends is enough.

 

 

This story was supposed to be a oneshot but I don't know I just don't like oneshots cus It's so short so yeah hhahaha. I hope you guys enjoy this .. I didn't reread it so you might end up encountering errors in spelling or grammar please do understand. Thank youuuu~ please just please leave comments cus I need them to feel inspired! I love you~ 

----///


When I was young, I met this dorky looking kid named Park Chanyeol. He was loved by everyone for his cute smile and corny jokes. He was also very tall for our age which made me hate him. I mean it's entirely his fault for being too tall that it made me look like a freakin dwarf to everyone.

Ever since he transferred, people became noisier than they ever were, which was a pain for me since I'm the kind of person who hates noisy people the most. Back then, I knew that we really are different from each other, I mean he loves smiling, being the star of the show and making friends, while me? I am the exact opposite of all those things. I am what you call a gloomy person, well to be honest I still am, but would you believe that the two of us somehow ended up being best buds? crazy right?

Just to let you guys know, I never did once talk to him ever since he transferred and the fact that we always end up in the same class didn't even affect us. I don't know  why but, I just don't like the thought of being involved with him. Well of course, there were times when the two of us accidentally exchange glances, which can't be helped since we are classmates? right? and the thing I hate the most when we do exchange glances is that he'll always flash his gummy smile at me making me cringe and look away. What do you expect? I hated him that time so it's pretty normal.

The first time we talked was when we became research partners, which was 5 years after he transferred, and yeah we were classmates those whole 5 years. Creepy right? Our teacher decided to group us by twos, making me nervous as to why does it have to be a group research, He could've just given us individual topics and just get on with it, but no, cus the teacher wanted to torture me. After several minutes of names beng called, finally it was my turn, and due to my unlucky life, I got partnered with Park Chanyeol.  When the teacher finished grouping the class, He asked us to meet up and discuss everything with our partner, meaning, the two of us will be seating face to face and I swear it was the most awkward moment in my life ever, seating infront of the person you don't want to get involved with. To be honest, my plan that time was to just do my thing and get over with it already but no.. 

The two of us agreed to see each other every Mondays and Fridays to work on our research, Well the faster, the better right? He suggested for us to work in his house, which made me raise an eyebrow at him. I mean isn't that a big jump from us being strangers even tho we've been classmates for 5 years? Isn't that only done by close friends or something? And what shocked me the most was that he was serious about it, and he wasn't even looking at me in the eye. I think he's scared of me? Or maybe not? Or maybe he hates me too? I kind of expected that since I've been doing nothing but ignore him and glare at him everyday.

--

So the first monday came and he suggested to go together, well of course the two of us shoud go together, I mean I've never gone to his house so how the hell would I get there alone when, I don't even know where it is located.The two of us decided to just walk since his house was a bit near from the school, well it wasn't really a problem to walk for me since I always walk my way towards school every morning and when I come home,but the big problem was how awkward the whole walk was, The two of us didn't even tried to talk to each other. I was also a bit surprised that he didn't dare talking to me that time to break the awkwardness,but that actually made me a bit happier and calmer than him initiating to talk to me.

When we finally reached his house, it turned out that he was super duper rich. Making me take a step backward from the shock, I didn't really expect him to be this rich, i mean he does look like a rich person but not this kind of rich. He then rang their doorbell and after a few seconds a real life butler and a couple of maids suddenly appeared, bowing at us. I was a little stunned by them that I didn't realize my mouth was gaping open. Chanyeol then looked at me and chuckled, I felt a sudden rush of blood in my cheeks since I looked like a fool in front of him and guess what? that made me hate him even more.

The two of us were working quite well, he was doing his job and I was doing mine. It was really cool how Chanyeol's house had this really big library, the books there were really great that it helped us a lot in our research and it's also cool how he always lent me books that I want to read. Sometimes, the two of us will chat about the books he like and the books I like. Our favourite books are mostly the same and whenever we suggest each other books to read we'd end up loving each other's suggested books. There were also times when we'd read books together at the library or in his house. To be honest, I felt really comfortable together with him and for the first time ever I thought that spending time with him wasn't really a bad thing.It all happened so fast that i lost track of the time,forgetting how my blood always boil whenever I see Chanyeol but now, it started changing, it's actually changing for the better.

Days passed and the due date for our research has come. Meaning, our time together and our meet ups had ended. To be honest, I felt really sad. I didn't even know why? but I think it was because he lent me good books? Maybe? I don't even know if we are considered as friends now or if he even thinks of me like that. But, I guess we aren't.

-----

The both of us of course got an A+ in or research, well I did think that we would get the highest grade since our topic was unique and interesting. It was chosen by the two of us so of course it would be. After hearing about our success, the two of us glanced at each other, greeting my face with a very warm and dashing smile .. and for the first time ever that time, I felt butterflies flying around my stomach making me feel a bit sick but happy at the same time. I then smiled at him widely making sure to express my gratitude towards him, making him smile even brighter.

After a week or two,  the days have gone back to us treating each other like strangers. It must be because I started putting a distance between us again, with all these avoiding and staying quiet moments whenever he approaches me. Of course I felt really bad about it, there were times when I really wanted to talk to him but the butterflies in my stomach won't let me because as soon as he comes near me, they all start to flutter like crazy that it was making me feel sick and unable to move. It was annoying me so much that I sometimes punch my stomach, thinking of killing them. I know, stupid right?

The whole school year continued like that, Then one day, our class decided to have this end of the year party. Of course everyone from the class was invited including me, they also decided to held it at Chanyeol's home which was a little weird, but his house is as big as the school so I guess everyone would definitely fit there. To be honest, i didn't want to go. Well I had my reasons back then and two of them was me being a loner and me being a stupid person that wants to avoid Chanyeol.

When the bell rang for Lunch break, everyone started leaving the room to buy their food since they think bringing lunch boxes are for kids which is what I am. Well who cares about what they say, it'll help me save money and it's a good thing since it's healthier than eating deep fried and msg filled food. When I opened my lunch box, i felt someone gazing at me. I then glanced at the place where I felt the gaze, to see Chanyeol staring at me. When our eyes met he immediately smiled at me, causing the butterflies in my stomach to flutter like there's no tomorrow. and yes, It made me feel really sick that I just nodded at him before looking away. He then walked towards me and sat in front of me. I looked at him warily, not knowing what to say. "You'll come right?" He said, smiling widely at me. What I did was ignore him and started eating. He was waiting for my response but I didn't really know what to say since I felt really sick sitting in front of him like this. When I was about to answer him, a friend of his suddenly interrupted us asking him to go with them. He then looked at my eyes intently with a pained smile, before leaving without saying anything. Well I didn't really know what to say that time, I seriously didn't want to hurt his feelings and ignore him. I feel so guilty that I wanna punch someone, I really wanted to apologize to him. But when? when will that time come when I always ignore and avoid him every time. I'm so uncool.

----

The day of the party came and I still haven't decided if I should go or not. A part of me wanted to go so that I could apologize and explain myself to Chanyeol but I think he hates me now. Ugh I'm such a prick. Well I didn't really wanna go  because I didn't want to see him but  after 10 minutes of thinking, I found myself in front of Chanyeol's house.

When I entered the place, the butlers instantly remembered me and led me to the place of the party. I then thanked them and entered the room. Of course, the place was packed with my classmates and some delicious food & trashes everywhere, the dance floor was also packed with dancing couples and friends. As I enter the room, I just can't help being annoyed by the Loud music. It was too much that I didn't know what to do, and I was so desperate to go home but then It crossed my mind to go to Chanyeol's library. I mean why not right?

When I reached the place, I immediately opened the door and entered. The homey smell and ambiance of the place enticed me. It was so calm and silent, totally different from the other room. I then made my way to my favourite shelf in this place, that contains mine and Chanyeol's favourite books. I grabbed one book and sat at the nearest chair comfortably when suddenly, the door of the library opened. Of course instantly panicked since I wasn't expecting for someone to come here at this time. 

"Ah. K-kyungsoo" Chanyeol said as he appeared in front of me with his confused face. My eyes instantly widened as he enter the place, thinking that he was supposed to be in the party right now. "What are you doing here?" He said as I let go of the book I was holding before standing up. "U-uhm. I am so sorry I let myself in. I'll be leaving now." I said and made my way towards the door. He then grabbed my arm and said. "N-no, it's okay I was just shocked since I thought you didn't come. I was looking for you." Chanyeol said, loosening his grip on my arm. 


I looked back at him, a little shocked from what he said. "Y-you were looking for me? But why?" I said, facing him. He then scratched the back of his head and lowered his eyes. "Oh- Ah. I-it's cause I've been wanting to talk to you ever since our project. It's just that I was so shy to approach you since everyone told me that you hated me and it got so obvious because you started glaring at me again. I-I didn't want to bother you but I really wanted to be friends with you, I thought we were already friends that time but it turned out that I was the only one thinking that we are. I am so sorry." He said, his hands trembling like little kid and I just can't help thinking how cute he was. "I-I was really happy that time. I felt like you were really my friend. I wanted to hang out like before, but I felt like that's too much for me to ask. I am so sorry. I just hope we become friends... Pls?" He added, his eyes half closed, feeling nervous for the answer i'd tell him. I then chuckled at his words. I never knew that he was thinking like that I thought that he hated me. I guess it was my fault for trying my hardest to keep it cool every time. "Okay but you're my first ever friend so take care of me." I said, smiling at him. He then smiled really wide and hugged me. My eyes widened at the sudden contact which I am not really used to. "Woah. T-this is too advanced!" I shouted at him, causing him to immediately let go of me before smiling. " I-I am sorry I'm just too happy." He said, making me laugh loudly like crazy. That was the first time ever I felt like dying from happiness..

----

So that's how Chanyeol and I became friends and yes I do like him. I realized it when we became high school students that those freakin butterflies weren't caused  by hate but by love and now that we're already in our 20's, I decided not to tell him my feelings like ever because, I didn't want to ruin our friendship.

Chanyeol is straight as hell, and It's not like I am Gay, well I am since I like Chanyeol but I never did like other guys, just him, so I don't really know what to call myself. Well stupid might be one I guess? and he  already got himself a girlfriend and I know he's happy and I am too for him. Chanyeol's a really nice guy and I don't want to ruin our friendship ever, If I can't have him then being his closest friend is enough for me since that's all I can be and all I will ever be.

 

----

 

"Yah! Kyungsoo-ah! Open the door!" I heard Chanyeol shouting outside my apartment. I made my way towards the door and opened it for him, flashing me his dorky smile before letting himself in.  I can't believe I find him so cute with that damn dorky smile of his, I seriously think that I really am stupid for feeling like that. "I am not in the mood for anything. I just wanna read my books please." I said, as I made my way towards the sofa to continue reading. He was sitting on the chair across me, looking at me with his puppy eyes. "It won't work on me okay? You know that." I said, flipping at the pages of my book. He then sighed at my reaction before making his way towards the kitchen, maybe to drink water or something else. "I came all the way here because I missed you and you're treating me like this! You meanie!" He says, as he opens the door of the fridge. His reaction made me smile a little, he's always like this acting like a big baby. "I didn't miss you at all. I am not being mean, I'm just saying the truth." I said still focusing on my book.

After getting a drink from the fridge he then sat next to me, Peeking at my book. "I've already read that and it was boring. Not worth reading for" He says, chugging down the cola he got from the fridge. I chuckled at his words, knowing that he was just saying that for me to stop reading. "I'm not falling for that anymore Park Chanyeol." I said, hitting him with a nearby pillow. As I hit him, he almost choked at his drink. "Y-yah! I almost choked! Are you trying to kill me?" He says, glaring at me. I just laughed at his reaction and patted his head. "Sorry Sorry." I said, smiling angelically at him. He just shrugged at me and looked away. I then stood up from where I was sitting, "Okay okay, what do you want to do?" I said, looking at him. He instantly looked back at me, his eyes beaming with excitement he then hurriedly rummaged his bag, before taking out something. "I want us to celebrate the success of your book! Yay! " He says, waving my published book in front of my face. "Wow. I didn't know you knew that today would be the release of my book and you already got a copy." I said, feeling shocked since I never knew he'd know about it. "Of course I'd know! I am your biggest fan you know!" He says, slapping the book on my arm. I can't help smiling at his cuteness. Number one fan he says, I swear he makes me laugh, i mean he's the famous writer here. "Yeah. Yeah. I'll just go change so we can go out now." I said, heading towards my room.

After I changed, The both of us headed out to eat Dinner. It felt really awkward since most of the people in the restaurant are couples which we're totally not, but I decided to just brush it off my mind. "The usual right?" He asks, setting down the menu gently while looking at me.I looked at him and smiled, "You know me well Park Chanyeol." I said. After deciding what to eat and ordering, we are now waiting for our food to be served which would be around 10-15 minutes, the waiter said.

While we're waiting I decided to open up a topic for us to chat. "So~ how was your flight to Singapore?" He instantly sighed  after I asked him. "It was really tiring but good since I did nothing but laze off. The only tiring part was the book signing, It was cool and such but you know it's my first time, I felt so nervous the whole time and also it was too crowded that I felt a bit suffocated." He says, smiling as he talks. "Oooh. That's great then, I mean a lot of people are supporting your work and they really love you, so be thankful." I said, imagining the number of people that have come to his book signing and how happy they were to finally meet him. Well I can't blame those people to love his work since it was a really great one. "Of course I am and to you too. Thank you for always supporting and guiding me." He says, smiling at me widely, his eyes staring at me intently. I felt my hands tremble and my cheeks heat up, I mean He was staring at me so deep, I can't handle this.

"Channie" A familiar person suddenly entered the restaurant, walking towards our table. I glanced at Chanyeol, seeing him stand up to welcome his guest. "Hey babe. Glad you made it." He says to his girlfriend, kissing her on the lips with a wide smile. I then  forced a smile at her, as she glance at me. "Oh. Kyungsoo-sshi. Congratulations." She says, kissing me on both cheeks. God, she's really pretty I can't blame Chanyeol for liking her so much. "Thank you Eunji-sshi. I just got lucky. Oh, have a seat."  I said, pointing my hands at the seat next to Chanyeol.

Looking at the both of them, All I could think of was  'THIS IS GOING TO BE A VERY LONG NIGHT.'


-----//

Thoughts? Please comment them. Thank you!