Notes & Apologies

Stuck With The Boys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When I woke up a few days after I moved in, my room kept the lingering smell of paint. It was worth it however. Taehyung and I had spent the whole day painting it the coral color I'd wanted just a days ago, or at least the first coat. He figured we would do a second coat if the color was too patchy on the first, but it seemed to cover evenly. I kept my windows open to ventilate the area, we were high up above the ground so I didn't think anyone would climb into my window or anything. I'm usually paranoid about those things, but I was living with seven men so that amplified my protection services I guess. 

I squirmed out of my hot pink comforter before grabbing my phone off the nightstand beside me. I rubbed my eyes a bit before turning it on. I only received one message earlier that morning. I fell back into my sheets and held the phone above my face. I unlocked the phone and a message from Taehyung appeared on the screen. 

"We went to practice early, call me if you need anything."

I didn't really know what he meant by 'if you need anything', so I highly doubted that I would ever call him while he was at practice to begin with. Unless something had gone terribly wrong, I wasn't interested in calling him anyway. I was just glad that I had a bit of time to myself, I decided to head out to the cafe a few blocks away. 

I rummaged through my closet looking for clothes to wear. I was never really picky about what to put on, I just threw on anything and left. I was looking for a specific top however, and I didn't stop digging through the spacious closet until I found it. However I found something else folded in the back of the closet, a black pull-over sweatshirt on one of the shelves. I knew that the room had previously belonged to Hoseok and Jimin, but the strong scent of Jimin's cologne instantly gave away that it was his. I placed it onto my bed before changing into my top and a simple pair of jeans, slipping on my shoes before grabbing my bag and leaving my bedroom. 

I turned around to close the door and a note stared at me as it stuck onto the wood. A bright green sticky note had been hanging against the door by its glued backing, a cartoon drawing of a boy and girl. The two characters were hugging, a text bubble hovering above them with a heart inside of it, nothing else. Above the drawing was a little note written on the same sticky note with a slant, like it was going a bit up a hill. 

"Sometimes beginnings are messy, but not everyone has bad intentions. I hope reading this will push you to see the good intentions in the people you aren't quite fond of. Often times there is a good friend hidden underneath a selfish facade. I hope you like the drawing, let's be kind to one another. - Sincerely, Note Boy."

I pulled the sticky note off of the door, the glued backing still fresh and clear. My mind went blank. Who could've written this note? I didn't understand the meaning of the note in general. I was lost in all of it, from beginning to end. I really did enjoy looking at the picture however. It was actually a really good drawing, I wanted to keep it in my room. Then it hit me. I'd forgotten Jimin's sweatshirt on my bed. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter