Chapter 9 - Falling Petals

Mind & Heart Affairs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“How is Jihun doing?”

“His anxiety is definitely getting better each day, Mrs Kim. He has managed to open up to me and is now able to interact with others without stuttering as much as he used to. Though I can’t say the same for when he is in front of a crowd…”

“So…you’re saying that he is making progress? That he is getting saner day by day?”

“Yes, Mrs Kim. It will just take a few months for Jihun to overcome his past at the rate that he is going in. It is actually uncommon for a patient to recover this fast but…Jihun isn’t just any normal patient,” Seungjun said, blushing as he recalled his amazing boyfriend.

Mrs Kim stared at the cup of piping hot Americano in front of her with her arms crossed before continuing, “A few months, huh? …Why is it that you have requested to meet me today?”

“Ah…” Seungjun slid a brown envelope towards Mrs Kim.

“What’s this, Mr Park?”

“This is the payment that you have gave me for the past 2 months of treatment. I’m not saying that I’m going to stop the treatments but rather, I’ll be doing it for free from now on. After getting to know Jihun, I can’t bring myself to treat him as another one of my patients. I know this might sound really amateur and unprofessional but…I have fallen in love with your nephew, Mrs Kim. In fact, we have been dating for a week now.”

“Dating Jihun…really? Well, I guess now there’s finally going to be someone who loves him. Arasso, I will be taking my leave now. I don’t think there is a need for us to meet again, do we?”

“Ani-aniyo, Mrs Kim,” Seungjun replied, clearly taken aback at Mrs Kim’s cold response to the news.

 

 

Jihun hugged his coat closer to himself as the wind blew strongly against his lithe, lanky body. His eyes start to irritate due to the cold air. He was on his way to the café in his neighbourhood district to meet up with his lover. As he entered the warm doors of the café, he bumped shoulders with a lady before quicky apologizing for the minor accident. Jihun looked up and was shocked to see a lady having an overbearing resemblance to his late mother. His spine tensed as he felt fear creeping back into the crevices of his heart as the voice of shame starts to go off in his mind. Dismissing the thought away immediately, he bowed in apology once again before making his way to the tables, in search of Seungjun.  The stink eye the lady gave went unnoticed as Jihun turned his back.

“Y-you reached earlier than expected,” Seungjun said, glancing towards Jihun’s back. Seungjun didn’t expect for Jihun to reach the café this early. It would have been trouble if Jihun were to accidentally met his aunt.

“I thought I was going to come here early to wait for you. I didn’t think that you would come earlier than me though.”

“Ahh…jinjja? Kimchi, let’s go watch a movie. I’ve been wanting to go watch this action movie with you since last week,” Seungjun said as he tugged Jihun’s arm like a child.

“How could I ever say no to you?” Jihun said, clearly blushing as he let himself be dragged by Seungjun to the cinema.

 

 

“This is what you mean by action movie? Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?” Jihun asked, clearly stumped by Seungjun’s preference in movies. He was expecting some kind of action-packed thriller with a side of dangerous romance but instead, he got shoved into a theatre premiering 4 talking turtles who walks on 2 legs with katanas and nunchucks who would only amaze you if you have a decent amount of imagination.

Jihun, with great difficulty, swallowed down his spite of this movie date after looking at the look of amazement on Seungjun’s face as he sees his heroes in action. Jihun does wonder if he is actually dating a boy or a man sometimes.

Halfway through the movie, Jihun starts to yawn as his eyelids get heavier. This might be a thing of interest to the rest of the viewers in the theatre but it is definitely not a genre for Jihun. Just as his eyes starts to close in, he could feel himself getting pulled towards his boyfriend sitting next to him. Jihun’s head landed on Seungjun’s hard chest as the latter hugged him close by his shoulder.

“Ya, how can you go to sleep watching teenage mutant ninja turtles?”

“But Seungjun-hyung, I’m feeling really sleepy right now,” Jihun said as he let another yawn escape.

“Andwae, I’m going to make sure you stay awake with me throughout the entire movie.”

“And how are you going to do that? I’m already practically half-asleep.”

“Hmm…let’s see…for every yawn that you let out, you will be punished by a kiss. Same applies for every time you close your eyes for more than 3 seconds.”

“That’s not fair, Seungjun-hyung! I’m already feeling very sleepy watching these turtles…” Jihun pouted, internally grateful for the darkness of the theatre that is doing a very good job of hiding his red, embarrassed cheeks.

“Of course it’s fair! Don’t you think you should be punished for sleeping on our date? To ensure that I’m being fair in my punishments, I would have to punish you twice for the two yawns that you have let out just now.”

And with that, Seungjun swoop in and placed two pecks on the pink lips of the younger in his arms.

Seungjun kept on swooping in for kiss after kiss after the younger kept on yawning. Truthfully, Jihun was wide awake after the first peck was given but he couldn’t help but to want more f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter