Chapter 6 - Make a Wish

Mind & Heart Affairs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“From what I have gathered so far, I believe that Jihun has generalized social anxiety disorder. Common symptoms of this disorder includes fear of speaking to an audience, starting conversations, or even just introducing one’s self.”

Seungjun had met up with Mrs Kim for his monthly report in a café near his campus. He took a sip of his iced cold Americano before continuing.

“It is also very likely that Jihun has social phobia. It is evident in the way he would excessively perspire whenever he is caught in a social situation. There have also been cases where he blushed and stammered when interacting with others.”

“So are you saying that he is mentally ill?” asked Mrs Kim, anticipation evident on her face.

“No, anxiety on its own is not an illness. Not unless it is coupled up with some other symptoms such as fatigue or sleeping problems. I would have to continue to assess him to be able to really find out the level of his anxiety. Currently, I have just been able to be a friend that he would feel comfortable talking and interacting with.”.

“Is he at least depressed then?” questioned Mrs Kim.

“As I have mentioned previously, I would have to continue my assessment on him before I am able to diagnose him with other possible illnesses, including depression. Noticing Mrs Kim worried expression, he quickly added, “Not to worry, judging by his interactions with me, I would say that it is not very likely for him to have depression.”.

In contrary to his intention, Mrs Kim looked even more perturbed after hearing his report. She quickly finished her latte before thanking Seungjun and hurriedly leaving the café without saying another word. An unsettling feeling resides in Seungjun’s chest, though he wasn’t able to pinpoint exactly what it was.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was a bright and sunny morning. The birds were chirping, the sun was shining, the flowers were singing and Seungjun was whining.

Because he was bored. REALLY bored.

After tossing and turning in his sheets for the 187367228th time, he sat up, glaring at the seemingly offensive bedsheets. He didn’t want to admit it, but he really misses the weekdays where he can go to the campus and meet Jihun. And talk to Jihun. And eat lunch at the rooftop with Jihun. And make stupid jokes with Jihun.

Seungjun sighed.

 

 

It was a bright and sunny afternoon. The birds were chirping, the sun was shining, the flowers were singing and Seungjun was knocking on Jihun’s door.

Because he was bored. And he didn’t want to be bored alone.

Jihun opened up the door, looking pleasantly surprised. He was used to spending his weekends alone and certainly wasn’t expecting a guest.

“Kimchi, let’s go to the amusement park!” Seungjun exclaimed, his sour expression turning into an expression of sunshine as he sees his beloved Jihun. He waved a pair of tickets excitedly like a kid, almost shoving it to Jihun’s face. Seungjun then casually went into the house, picked up Jihun’s keys and wallet before locking the doors of Jihun’s apartment. He turned to Jihun, who was looking at him wide-eyed, before smiling innocently.

Jihun sighed.

 

 

They had barely reached the entrance of the amusement park when Seungjun had started acting like a retarded seal. Clapping and laughing at the sight of the dazzling neon lights and carousel music. Both of them were truly a sight to behold. There was Seungjun being all hyper and excited like a 5-year old kid trapped in a 24-year old body. And there was Jihun imitating a goldfish, mouth agape and eyes as wide as they can possibly be.

“Jihunnie, aren’t you excited?” Seungjun asked, his whole face smiling.

Jihun could only managed a nod as he continues staring at the various rides and the loud music and the themes and the atmosphere and- wow, he thought, this is a thing of my dreams. Jihun has never been to an amusement park, let alone being near it. The amusement park was a place where he had always been wanting to go, but didn’t dare asked his mother. Though he wasn’t quite sure what had stopped him from coming here after her death.

“Which ride should we go on Jihunnie?”

“All of them.”

The giant duo found themselves queueing up for all the rides, the pirate ship, the rollercoaster, the bumper cars, the FREAKING carousel. Jihun for once didn’t mind the judging look by the other kids as he was too busy choosing the most beautiful-looking horse to ride on.

“Jihunnie, do you mind getting off Jacky? I had my eyes on him first,” Seungjun said, eyeing the black-maned horse Jihun was currently riding.

“Firstly, her name is Jacqueline, not Jacky. Secondly, I sat on her first. Go find your own horse to ride Seungjun-HYUNG.” This is ridiculous, Jihun thought. Seungjun is obviously the hyung here so he should obviously let Jihun ride on Jacqueline.

With an annoyed huff, Seungjun pushed his way and rode pillion behind Jihun on the same horse. The wooden horse creaked under the weight of the two giants. Jihun rolled his eye as he inched forward to allow his immature hyung some space. Seungjun hugged Jihun’s waist tightly as the carousel began to turn.

Let’s just say Jacqueline couldn’t gallop up like the other horses all throughout the ride.

 

 

 

“That. Was. So. Much. FUNNNNNN. Let’s go to the haunted house next!” Seungjun said as he dragged Jihun who was paling miserably at the sight of the house surrounded by darkness.

“Hy-hyung, I’m hungry. Let’s go eat.”

Seungjun pouted. “Arasso, we can continue after we eat right?”

“Yea-yeah sure.”

They ended up in a bakery that sells numerous kinds of baked goods and puff pastries. Seungjun’s poutiness from having to halt their playtime instantly went away after seeing the different cakes that was on display. Seungjun insisted that they both get a seat near the counter so that he can continue to be mesmerized by the decorated cakes. A tall guy working behind the counter approached them as they looked through the menu.

“Welcome to Tinkerbell Café! What can I get you today?” the waiter, Youjin shown on the nametag, asked the duo.

“I will get the matcha lava cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream,” said Seungjun, p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter