Chapter 14 - Ball of Cheese

Mind & Heart Affairs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jihun heard a beep in the darkness. He slowly opened his eyes and instantly shut them back as the bright light glared on him. As the beeping became more amplified, the sound banging against his aching head, he slowly regained his indistinct senses and take a look at the blurry surrounding. His vision went in and out of focus, making his current location still a mystery. The intense white colour of the hospital’s walls mercilessly aggravate his headache, making it difficult for him to distinguish the image laid out in front of his eyes.

Jihun squinted his eyes to the right and saw the cause of the continuous beeps, the heartbeat monitor, displaying the steady rise and fall of his heart. Jihun felt warmth encasing his hand and turned to his left to lay his eyes upon tufts of brown hair. A smile tugged itself warmly on the corners of Jihun’s lips as he saw his lover clutching onto his hand tightly, seemingly no chances of letting go, as he slept beside his bed. Jihun frowned when he saw the uncomfortable position the older was in, curling up his long body onto a small chair and bending his waist to lie his head upon the mattress.

Jihun felt his heartstrings being tugged as he saw clear drops of water falling from the corner of Seungjun’s eyes. He carefully lifted his other arm and gently the dark hair. The sleeping male stirred in his sleep before opening his red, bleary eyes. Seungjun lifted his head when he felt a weight on them and was dazed to see Jihun smiling down at him. He immediately stood up and clutched Jihun’s bony shoulders in worry.

“Jihun! Are you okay? How are you feeling? Is it very painful? Do you want anything? Water, food, anything?? Should I call the doctor???” Seungjun fired questions at his lover as he babied the other, tucking his blanket tighter around his frail body and pouring for him a glass of water. Jihun chuckled at how much the other was fussing around, rapidly shooting words as he tried to take control of the situation.

“I’m okay, Seungjun-hyung,” Jihun smiled at his boyfriend reassuringly. Jihun tried to sit up to drink the glass of water when he felt a sharp pain shooting through his back, paralysing him of his movements temporarily.

“Kimchi, don’t move around so much. Your wounds are not fully healed yet. Wait here, I’ll go call a doctor,” Seungjun said as he firmly placed Jihun back to his position on the bed and gave him a fleeting kiss on the forehead before rushing out of the room in search of a medical helper.

A doctor and nurse duo came in to check up on him immediately and began asking him questions regarding his wound. Jihun felt a bit overwhelmed by the presence of strangers around him but soon enough, visibly relaxed as he felt Seungjun rubbing circles on his hand.

“You were very lucky, Mr Kim. The knife plunged through just slabs of muscles and had managed to avoid any vital organs or arteries. Your wound should be able to heal within 2 weeks,” the doctor, Mr Gu as written on his name tag, explained as he gave a reassuring smile to the patient and his worried lover. Seungjun thanked the doctor profusely as they make their way out of the room.

“Your dad came over yesterday and slept here with us. I insisted that he went home to wash up. I’ve notified him about you waking up and he said that he will arrive here in about an hour,” Seungjun said as he sat back on his seat next to Jihun. Jihun nodded as he took Seungjun’s hand again for the very much needed comfort.

“Your aunt…she was imprisoned yesterday at the airport after she tried to flee away to New Zealand. And also...Jihun-ah, your grandfather’s business has been taken over by another company due to the absence of the heir during the reading of your grandfather’s will,” Seungjun explained.

“it’s okay, hyung. I wasn’t planning on taking over a company that I didn’t know about its existence anyway. I don’t even have the basic fundaments required to run a company.”

“I’m sorry, Jihun-ah.” Seungjun looked downwards as he broke the comforting silence after a few long minutes. “I promise myself that I would take care of you, that you wouldn’t be hurting anymore. But now here you are, on this hospital bed, suffering.” Jihun choked up when he saw the pearl-like tears falling again for the second time that day from Seungjun’s eyes. Seeing the elder’s usually smiling, mischievous demeanour turned into a sombre one because of him breaks his heart up into tiny fragments.

“Seungjun-hyung, it was never and will never be your fault. Nobody knew that she would do that to me. You have taken care of me more than anyone ever has and for that I’m very thankful towards you, hyung. I couldn’t ask for anything more than for you to remain by my side like you have always done all this time that we were together. Please don’t cry. Even though the wound is uncomfortable, I’m not suffering, Seungjun-hyung. There’s no way I could possibly feel suffering when I have you next to me,” Jihun said as he gently reached out and wiped the tears away, being mindful to keep his own tears in check. Seungjun blushed as he nuzzled his warm cheeks closer to the comforting hand.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter