Chapter 11 - Family

Mind & Heart Affairs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Kimchi, my parents were asking me to introduce you to them for a while now. Since my family are going to have our annual get-together at our winter resort, they think it would be a nice idea to have you come along.”

The invitation caught Jihun off-guard. Here they were, lazing around Seungjun’s house, cuddling to make up for the big fight the previous night, when Seungjun had asked him to meet his parents. Jihun sat up from his previous position on Seungjun’s lap.

“The-they want to meet me?”

“Yeah…I told them about you about a month ago and they are killing me for not letting them meet you.”

“Of course, I’d love to meet them. Though, don’t you think that I’m imposing into your family gathering? I mean- “

“Nonsense. Mum has been nagging me nonstop for not bringing you home. They will love you, it’s impossible not to. And plus, since you’re my lover now…, doesn’t that mean that you’re a potential family member too?”

“Arasso, Seungjun-hyung,” Jihun chuckled as he laid his head back onto Seungjun’s chest. After a few moments of silence, Jihun timidly spoke up, “…How are they like? Your parents?”

“Well, Mum has always been a hugger. Which is partly why I didn’t bring you home sooner, I was afraid that you weren’t ready for skinship with strangers.”

“How could my lover’s mother be a stranger?” Jihun scolded as he playfully nudged the other’s head with his forehead.

“Well, I guess she’s going to be your mother too somewhere in the near future,” Seungjun teased the younger, as Jihun bury his blossoming cheeks deeper into the broad chest.

“Dad…I guess you can say he’s a really quiet type of person. He doesn’t talk much, rather letting my mother do most of the talking. Though, he has never been shy in expressing his love towards his family…”

Seungjun stopped when he felt a wet spot growing on his chest. He glanced towards the smaller in his arms, only to be met with tufts of hair as his lover continue to hide his face.

“Jihun-ah, let me see your face,” Seungjun became more concern as Jihun just shook his head.

“My pwetty baby, please let me see your face. Why are you crying? Come on Kimchi, don’t you trust me?” Seungjun said as he gently coaxes Jihun, combing his fingers through his hair in worry.

Jihun slowly complied, lifting up his head but kept his face hidden beneath his thick, black hair. Seungjun swept the hindering hair away before taking a proper look at his lover. Jihun had red eyes as tears continued to dropped down his dainty face. It breaks Seungjun’s heart to see the bright smile Jihun always had on when he’s with him, to be replaced by hot tears.

“Jihun-ah, would you like to tell me what’s wrong?” Seungjun asked carefully, afraid that he will evoke the younger’s emotion more if he didn’t approach it slowly. It was obvious that whatever the topic was, it is a sensitive one for the younger.

“Yesterday…I met my dad…”

“Really? When??” Seungjun asked, alarm. His hold on Jihun’s waist immediately tightening.

“After I left your house, I went back and saw a man waiting at my doorstep. He told me he was my father and I didn’t believe him at first, but I couldn’t deny our resemblance any longer. I felt a sudden burst of anger and sadness just swept over me and I couldn’t take it anymore so I ran back to your place…” Jihun was shaking as he told Seungjun his encounter the previous night. New batches of tears sprung out his, now swollen, eyes.

Seungjun stared at the younger, shocked, before hugging him like there was no tomorrow. To think that Jihun had been keeping this to himself since last night, and this happening right after they fought…aish, I must be really stupid to have left him alone.

“I’m sorry, Kimchi. I should have known. As someone that had promised to love you, I should be able to take better care of you. I’m sorry, Jihun.” Seungjun hugged Jihun tighter in his arms as he berates himself for not being there for his lover when he needed him the most.

“Stop saying that, Seungjun-hyung. None of us knew that that was going to happen…and seeing you afterwards was enough to make me forget about my dad for a while.”

“…So what are you going to do about it now, Kimchi?” Seungjun questioned once the younger had calmed down a little, hand never stopping from rubbing Jihun’s back comfortingly.

“Hyung, I think…I’m not ready to face him.”

 

 

 

It has been a few days since the unfortunate incident that had broken them apart for a few hours. Few hours too long. Now here they were, in Seungjun’s car, on their way to Seungjun’s family winter resort. As Seungjun drove, he saw Jihun smiling lovingly at him through his peripheral vision.

Seungjun took Jihun’s hand that was nestled on his lap and gave it a little assuring rub before asking, “Why are you staring at me, Kimchi?”

“Because I love you. What’s wrong with staring at my man?” Jihun simply replied, facial expression not changing even slightly. For once, the younger had left Seungjun a mumbling mess, his cheeks turning red as he tried his best to concentrate on his driving instead of claiming the other’s lips that will most likely put them all in danger.

“Y-ya, don’t say that now! I can’t stop in the middle of the highway,” Seungjun jokingly scolded as Jihun laughed at his lover’s embarrassment.

“Thank you, Seungjun-hyung,” Jihun softly said as he looked down at their intertwined hands.

“For?”

“For everything. For being there for me. For loving me. But most importantly, for supporting me,” Jihun looked down as his eyes once again glazed over, remembering all the things that his lover had given him, that weren’t given by others.

“Baby, I would never push you to make decisions that you wouldn’t want to do. I guess, I should thank you too then.”

“Why would you thank me?” Jihun asked, genuinely confused.

“For everything. And also, for letting me love you,” Seungjun smiled as he lightly pecked Jihun’s hand.

Jihun was silent for quite a while as he stared at the taller. “Take the nearest exit.”

“Huh? But, Jihun, that’s not the exit we are supposed to ta-“

“Take the nearest exit.” Jihun’s determined, fiery eyes scare Seungjun enough that he i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter