Bonus Chapter - Heeseong

Mind & Heart Affairs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Inseong is tired.

 He’s tired from having to chase after the cute guy that he has been crushing on for MONTHS. Here he was, being so blatant about his love from the other, when Heejun just decides to ignore all of his feelings. He groans every time he sees his cousin being a clingy monkey, clinging all over his boyfriend.

Well at least he HAS a boyfriend.

He would also very well like to cling over Heejun like that.

 Inseong had never failed his daily routine of putting his favourite candy bar filled with supportive quotes on Heejun’s desk every morning.

Until today.

Inseong was on his way to the class every morning as usual to put his candy bar of love (Seungjun calls him cheesy for calling them that) on his partner’s table when he heard laughter coming from inside the class.

Weird, I was always the first to arrive…

He glanced in and saw the owner of his heart, casually leaning on his desk as he talked to a girl. They looked really comfortable with each other, giving a few playful punches after laughing and holding onto each other’s shoulders for support after losing their balance from having laughed too hard.

“He never even smiled when he sees me…” Inseong quietly muttered under his breath as he took the first few steps away from the person that broke his heart. Seeing the piece of chocolate in his hand, he tore open the wrapper and bit into it viciously as tears began to dripped down onto the floor of the hallway. He crumpled the sticky note that he had attached with his confession of love written carefully on it and threw it into the nearest rubbish bin without another glance.

Inseong ran out of school and kept on running to wherever his feet bring him. He finally stopped when he reached a park, the sound of his breathing thick and heavy. The park was isolated due to it being a time where the majority of the population of Seoul is at school or at their workplace. As he sat down panting on the bench, he feels uncontrollable hot tears springing out of his eyes. His heart just hurt so much that he wished he could just dig it out from its place.

The sky seems to be in tuned with his feelings as it decided to pour out rain the same way Inseong’s eyes poured out tears.

 

The next day in school had Inseong entering later than usual, for he did not have a reason to come early anymore. His classmates didn’t dare ask what had happened to make the usually smiling bunny looked so dark. Inseong rested his head on his table and decided that he should rest his tired eyes from not having enough rest last night. He felt the chair next to him sliding out as Heejun sat down on his seat. Inseong didn’t have the strength to lift up his head. He knew that Heejun wasn’t to blame for anything. The boy was probably clueless as to why he was acting this way. But not now. Inseong just isn’t ready.

 

 

After having a pep talk in front of the mirror the following morning, Inseong head out to school with a forced smile carefully positioned on his face. He couldn’t bear treating Heejun with the cold shoulder when the younger was as innocent as everybody else. He arrived at school, still later than usual, and sat down at his seat. He freaked out when he saw Heejun walking over to their desks but calmed down and smiled at him like he normally did every morning.

“Good morning, Heejun-ah!”

Heejun had a brief moment of surprise before returning the greeting.

“Goo-good morning, Inseong-hyung.”

Inseong gave him another toothy smile before returning back his focus towards his textbook.

Heejun found this weird as the other would usually be ranting to him his fifth topic by now. After being completely ignored by the other the day before, he knew something was wrong. Though, he didn’t know what was wrong. Heejun let out a quiet sigh as his seating partner continued to paid attention to the book in front of him. He scoffed when he saw Inseong being on the same page that he was on ever since 5 minutes ago.

 

Class ended and Heejun grabbed Inseong’s arm before the other male could make a dash for it like the previous day.

“Inseong-hyung, can we talk for a moment?” Heejun asked as he abruptly removed his grasp on the taller man’s arm after noticing what he was doing.

“Sure, what’s up?” Inseong tried to play it cool as he tried to calm the fast palpitation of his heart.

“Not now…there are people here. Let’s go to the rooftop.”

Ahh…Heejun must really hate to be seen with me.

Inseong wills his tears away as he bit on his lips to prevent the onslaught of tears building up rapidly at the corner of his eyes. He carefully hid his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter