Chapter 8 - Kimchi Blossoms

Mind & Heart Affairs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Seungjun-hyung, can we please go see cherry blossoms together?”

 

It has been a week since the both of them realised their feelings for each other, and so far they were too shy to do anything about it. Eye contacts were quickly dismissed with a blush on the cheeks. Accidental touches were accompanied with electric jolts on the surface of their skin. Their feelings remained overshadowing them, as they act normal and blatantly avoided the topic.

Now, alone in Seungjun’s car, awkward doesn’t seem enough of a word to express the heavy silence shrouding them. Jihun has never felt so tense before in his life. His seating posture was carefully positioned, with his back pushed straight to avoid unattractive slouching, and his hands clutched together to hide his sweaty palms.

“Kimchi, relax. Don’t worry…I won’t eat you up, no matter how cute you are right now,” Seungjun chuckled as he tried to lighten the atmosphere.

“N-nae hyung”.

Seungjun the radio and noticed Jihun’s body slumped a little. After a few minutes of silent driving, Seungjun plucked up the courage to glance at the beauty sitting next to him. Jihun had his long eyelashes fluttered shut as deep breathes resonated from within him. Seungjun couldn’t help but to stare at the plump flesh of Jihun’s lips and the smooth, white skin that made him look like an ethereal being. Seungjun barely managed to regain his focus and gripped the steering wheel tightly as he desperately tried to concentrate on driving.

Seungjun parked the car at the parking lot of the garden that housed hundreds of cherry blossom trees. As the soft pink petals fall on his windscreen, he felt warmth spreading through his chest as he sees Jihun sitting next to him. He looked at the serene expression on the younger’s face as he slept through the soft humming of the car’s engine.

Are you happy?

Seungjun’s breath hitched as he stared at the slightly parted lips of his beloved Kimchi. It was like a magnet, attracting him closer every time his eyes landed upon them. Seungjun unknowingly inched closer towards the beckoning pair of lips and before he knew it, he could feel Jihun’s warm breath heating his face. Seungjun’s lips were almost grazing the flesh of Jihun’s luscious ones…and they were so close to touching…and Jihun woke up.

“Hyung, what are you doing?” Jihun asked as a heavy blush settled on his face due to the close proximity.

“I w-was…trying to wake you up! Ya, you asked me to go see cherry blossoms with you and now you’re the one sleeping!” Seungjun said as he immediately backed away to hide his intention from the other.

“Ahh…sorry Seungjun-hyung”, Jihun pouted.

POUTED.

GODDAMNIT.

Seungjun almost had a breakdown as he sees the puckered, shiny, full lips. It took all of his willpower to not just swept Jihun into a kiss right there and then.

“It-it’s okay. I’ll go pick up our picnic box,” Seungjun rushed as he went to the back of the car to escape the crisis that is Jihun’s lips.

 

 

The pair set up their picnic mat right in the middle of the empty field of cherry blossoms. Seungjun starts taking out the food that Jihun had prepared for them the night before.

“Wahh…Kimchi, you didn’t have to prepare so much food”.

“Aniya, I only made some really simple snacks. Seungjun-hyung, I made for you your favourite kimchi pancakes and kimbap. Here, try one” Jihun said as he offered a piece of the beautifully-rolled kimbap to the elder. To his surprise, Seungjun leaned in and ate it directly from his fingers instead of taking it from him. The warm imprint it left on Jihun’s fingers got him blushing like there’s no tomorrow.

“Woah! Jihunnieeeee, do you want to be my wife? I think I’ll be really happy eating your food every day,” Seungjun said as he gladly noticed the blush Jihun was trying to hide as the other passed it off with laughter.

“I can’t wait to try the kimchi pancakes because as we all know; I love kimchi”.

Jihun heard something amiss but waved it off.

“Hmm…this kimchi pancakes are seriously delicious. I really love Kimchi.”

Jihun stopped chewing his kimbap halfway.

Eyyy, it can’t be…

“Can you teach me how to make this kimchi pancake? I’m asking because I really, really, really love kimchi”.

Jihun froze with the chopsticks still in his mouth as he stared at Seungjun. The other noticed him looking up and quickly went back to eating his pancake.

“I-I will teach you later,” Jihun stuttered as he nervously tried to focus his attention at the cherry blossoms surrounding them.

“Cherry blossoms are so pretty.” Jihun said as he tried to change the topic.

You’re also pretty.

“This is my first time seeing cherry blossoms. If I know that they were this pretty, I would have come sooner. But I couldn’t…” Jihun said the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter