L- for Love?

Fate 【ON HOLD】

Yumi's pov

 

I was working at the counter making some coffee. I can't help but glance at the table he sat.

Indeed , he was right. He was attracting a lot of people ...almost all of them are girls. As soon as he entered the cafe, the workers are staring at him. I couldn't help but notice it.

He just smiled at me saying he will wait somewhere there, i just nodded and start doing my work. Most of the workers here are girls and they even asked me about him. They are interested in him i guess.

I just shook it off saying he was my friend so they happily went off . I saw him there entertaining the girls with his handsome? face well, he wasn't paying attention to them so not really entertaining, tbh. He was playing with his phone.

*-*-*

 

It was dark already, i was running here and there...taking the orders and all. I didn't even notice the time.

One of the workers nudge at me and pointed somewhere. When i looked up...

"Oh no. I totally forgot about him!" I shrieked. He was putting down his head in between his folded arms ..must be tired of waiting. This guy...I thought he will just go away once he got bored but no, he was still there. Is he that worried for me? I wonder.

"Yumi , you can go home now . Your shift is over", said my boss.

"Oh okay then", i bowed a little and went to change and pick my things. I rushed to where he was and patted him at the back.

"Myung..Myung?" , He stirred and wake up squinting his eyes.*cute**

"Oh.Is your shift is over?" He asked . I nodded.

"Finally."  He said smiling and dragged me out.

 

  

"Yah! I told you to go back.Why didn't you?" I asked. He just shrugged.

"I told you . You'll just end up getting tired, didn't i? "I added.

"Yeah yeah you told me" He nodded and said.

"Next time ...don't."

"Why?" He pouted.

"Myungsoo ..your just wasting your time there"

"I know thats why i asked if i can work there too"

"Why would you work there!?"i asked 

"Because i don't wanna waste my time?" That was more of a question than an answer.

I just sighed and walked faster.He catch me up.

"Why can't i work? I mean how can i just let you walk alone like this at night?"

"Myungsoo, don't worry ..nothing's gonna happe---"

"But it happened!" He exclaimed.

It was quiet for a minute. I just looked down...remembering what happened yesterday. I won't lie. Of course i'm scared. But he doesn't need to look out for me like that. He is no one to me...my house master maybe.

"Sorry" he said .

"I didn't mean to say that..."he added. I just shrugged saying its okay and went to walk away when he held me back again by the hem of my shirt on the wrist. I just look up at him.

"Look. I'm sorry okay but i'm still not gonna let you return home alone." He said with worrying eyes.

" You told me i'm your friend yourself, right? So am i still a friend if i just let you walk alone...at night? Not to mention that we are living together."

I couldn't say anything. I'm just a burden to his family,aren't i? I should just  move out soon. Getting help for school and all is enough. I don't think i'll be able to live in his house any longer. Its just adds more burden to them.

 

"Lets do this. I'll come and pick you up at before 7:30 alright?" He asked. I know he wasn't going to let this go so i just nodded.

And finally we reach home without much conversation.

 

 

I went into my room and changed. I walk down to make dinner in the kitchen. He was watching TV already.

After i finished, i called out for him and we ate together with little topics about random things. After finish eating, i did the dishes. He was trying to help but i just pushed him off.

"I'll come at your room, its nearly nine.", he pointed out. I nodded.

 

 

Finally!Our tutoring thing...i won't mess up this time. There he was, sitting beside me.

"Myung...Whats your rank in school?" I asked.

"350" he said  without much care...What 350??

"Yah.Thats like the last in our batch!" I scolded him, hitting his arm.

"I know" he said.

"How are you going to pass 2nd year with that!?"i facepalmed myself.

"Well, you're here to help me right?dear friend??"he grinned.I hit him again.

"Awww...whats that for!" He complained rubbing his arm.

"Myungsoo take it a bit seriously, will you?"He just shrugged

Seriously this guy...

"What are your marks in the major subjects?" I asked

"Physics-1, Chemistry-2, biology-4,.." He said it like it was the most normal thing ever

"Stop it" i hit him again.

"Yah..whats with your hitting? I was going to say the interesting part!"He said with afrown.

"What interesting part?" I raised an eyebrow and asked.

"Well......Maths-100 .Yay me!"He seal clapped with a kitty smile on his face.

"Re..ally??" i asked accussing him.

"Yah...don't you trust me!? I may not be good in other subjects but i'm good in maths and i don't do the copying thing at all!" He defended.

"Oo..kay?" I asked not sure. He just glared at me.

 

He brought English today...saying he doesn't know anything about it except sentences like "i like you " and "i love you". I don't know if he's trying to play with me...so i just shrugged it off!

"Well...for english, you should know the easy  basic things fluently first." i told him.

"Like wat?" He asked.

"Well ...."

"Like ABC?" He asked again.

"No....more like...A-for apple, B-for ball, C-for cat..." , i said sarcastically. I Know he is not taking this seriously and is just playing around.

"....and L-for Love~" he added grinning. See i told you guys.He is not taking this seriously. So i hit him again.

"Aww....yah!stop , don't hit me!" He spat.

"Then take this seriously!"

" I am taking this seriously! Its not like i was wrong! L is for Love what is wrong about that!"

I just glared at him. He just grinned**sigh**

"You know what , you might even fall in love with me like those in dramas, you know!" He said teasing.

Whats up with this guy!? and whats  with the talk of love thingy.?

"Myungsoo!" I said sternly. He looked at me grinning.

"Back to study. Like i said basic things! Do you know how to say your name in english in full sentence or write it? " i asked

"I told you i don't know anything except 'i like you ' and ' i love you'"

Is he really serious?

"Ah...i know 'you love me' too" he added.

He's playing with this. Now i get it!

"From where do you know all that then?" I counter attacked.

" God already gifted me a little knowlege of knowing'i like you'' i love you' and 'you love me' in english since i was born."

Ok i give up...why did i even asked? I shook my head in a disapproving way. He kept on singing " L-for love" in the background.

I wrote some sentences telling him to read it out. Of course i know that he knows it a little.

"Wat....wis...youl nem?" He said.

"What Is youR nem?" I corrected and he smiled.

"Mai nem Is MYUNG" He read. He said the last part happily. Well he did corrected the 'IS' from 'wis' this time.

" My nem is Myungsoo" i said.

"MYUNG" he retorted. Whatever i just shrugged.

"Woo al yu?" He read.

"Who are you?" I corrected again.

"You aL YUMI!" That was not what i wrote there and i'm sure he said the 'aL ' part purposely....waiting for me to correct it.

So i played along.

"You are Myun---"

"Uh-uh...You should say ' L' instead of Myungsoo."

"And why should i do that?" I frowned.

"Becuz L-is for love" He retorted. He's messing with me, isn't he?

We are not going anywhere if we kept on  playing around.

"YAH!KIM MYUNGSOO!" this is the first time calling his full name so i'm sure that has an impact.

"Yah...this is so boring. Thats why i keep playing around. What you are teaching me should be taught in elementary!"

"Yup thats correct and Elementary students are better than you so you should catch up!" I scolded.

"Yah..are you comparing me with kids?", he pouted

"Your english is not even worth to compare with kids!"

"HEY! ! thats mean!"

"I know and you should learn all this somehow"

He just frowned....and started laughing.

"What?"

"I was playing around okay! Of course i know this .This are easy as Love!"

What's he getting into?

"Here let me read out" 

"Whats your name?" "My name's Myungsoo" "Who are you?" "Where are you from?" "I'm from Seoul!" " What your favourite word?" "Of course its 'L-for love'!"

 

He said that all in one breath in english perfectly which wasn't on the note and also which meant that he was 'playing around' with me from the begining!

"AWww!!!" I kicked him this time hard on his shin.

"Whats that for !??"

"For playing around!!" I shouted at him.

 

 

They got so close already:)