[R] Faking It & Loving It

✍ VOYAGE THROUGH WORLDS | A Multi-Shop ✍ | Hiring! | Staff Gets Paid! | Open | Attention Graphics Artists of this Shop! Please Read 'Must Read Stuff'! |
Opposites Attract, They Said.
 
 
FF5vnLM.jpg
rFJfWbq.jpg
Poster
FF5vnLM.jpg
Reviewed By: Areejap
Date Requested: August 16, 2016
Date Finished: August 17, 2016
Description Of The Story

Chanyeol and Baekhyun are best friends and they're studying abroad together in America. In Korea skinship between two guys is completly normal, but in America they're often misunderstood as a gay couple. Baekhyun has the idea of keep feeding that lie in order to be popular in the new college.
 
 
-
 
Information
Genre(s):
     •
 Romance
     • Light Angst

No. of Chapters:
     • 11 Chapters

Story Status:
     • Completed

Category:
     • Multi-Chaptered

Total: 060 / 000
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
 
The Review
    • Title: 003 / 010

The title ‘Loving It & Faking It’ is a bit generic. Even though the title is appropriate for the story as it gives detail into the story’s plot its not a title that will capture a readers attention. The title is a bit long for the story type and is best replaced with a title with only one or two words.

    • Description / Foreword: 020 / 020

The description is perfect. It gives the reader information about the story’s plot without giving too much detail. It explains the basic foundation of the story and because it doesn't give out too much info it leaves readers intrigued. It;'s neat and not to short or long. It is also mobile friendly.

    • Appearance: 003 / 005

The poster is too simple. The pictures do not have an relation to the plot as they have a sea theme (life preserver and floaty) and the story takes place in university. The font is neat and a decent size. The color blue used is lively and captures the mood of the life of young free adults.

    • Plot: 011 / 020

When I started reading I instantly knew that the story was inspired by the MTV show Faking It. Even though it is inspired by the show there are differences that make the story more unique. Instead of being set in an American Highschool with to average American teenage girls the author twists it into being about an American university with two foreign exchange boys. The story’s plot was extremely rushed but there is only so much you can pack into 9 chapters. Chanyeol's feelings developed way to fast as he fell in complete love with Baekhyun after one kiss and then reveals his love in the same chapter even though baekhyun can't remember. The twist wasn't too effective as the cliches overshadowed it. Clichés such as scaring Chanyeol in chapter 4, Baekhyun getting drunk and Chanyeol confessing only for him to forget it in the morning in chapter 3-4 are both examples of popular clichés used in most books.

    • Characters: 007 / 020

The plot tended to overshadow the characters personalities. Chanyeol didn't seem to have much of a personality as through the story hes only concerned about his love for Baekhyun, even his conversations with others revolved around the relationship between Baekhyun and him such as the talk between Kai and Chanyeol in Chapter 3. Characters were introduced very fast with short entrances and exits as well as being too close in short amounts of time. In the spand of not even 2 full days Chanyeol was close enough to tell Kai (Head of the newspaper) about his fake relationship with Baekhyun and Kai reveals his uality to Chanyeol even though he's in the closet the first night they met.

The characters were too trusting of others. Baekhyun and Chen have a conversation about baekhyuns relationship difficults the first time they meet in chapter 4 and later order pizza. Chanyeol does not wait to think about how it can ruin their friendship, his uality, or anything before he chose to confess to Baekhyun. The character with a bit of personality is Baekhyun. Baekhyun's party antics, playboy attitude, and obsession with being popular on campus gives him some personality and portrays him as a go with the flow, adventurous type.

There is no character development. In chapter 7, Baekhyun and chanyeol have a heated descision after Chanyeol confesses and Baekhyun completely shuts the idea of being together down. He explained that Chanyeol was selfish for trying to make him fake love him just to see him happy. He makes it very clear he had no feelings for him at all.In chapter 9, when everything is resolved baekhyun still does not confess that he loves chanyeol he just promises that they will start over without ‘faking it’. It seems he ended up going back on what he said in chapter 7. He doesn't love chanyeol but will start a relationship with him to not lose his bestfriend.

    • Grammar:: 008 / 010

The purple font color made it a bit hard to read as the words dont pop out as much as black on a white background. I didn't catch any mispelled or misplaced words.I would recommend to not use the purple font anymore.

    • Writing Style: 005 / 010

The writing style was simple. The chapters were a bit on the short side and packed alot of scenes into them. The word choice was appropiate for the age of the characters but sometimes tended to be a bit immature and child like such as how Chanyeol explains romance to Kai or Kai kissing Chanyeol to see if he felt anything special to him to prove how hanyeol felt for baekhyun.T hose were things that young teenagers during their first time in love would do. There wasn't much description of the setting and locations changed very frequently which can confuse the reader.

    • Personal Satisfacton: 004 / 005

I enjoyed reading it as there was some small comedic moments. My advice would be to rewrite the story in a longer version 20 or 30 chapters as the plot is too detailed to be squeezed into only 9 chapters. This would get rid of the rushed feeling and leave room to add in more character personalities.
 
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
 
Don't Forget To Comment Down Below & Credit the Shop!
Reviewer's Notes / Advices
-
 
| trxsh | Modified By StoicBread |