[R] Back To Square One

✍ VOYAGE THROUGH WORLDS | A Multi-Shop ✍ | Hiring! | Staff Gets Paid! | Open | Attention Graphics Artists of this Shop! Please Read 'Must Read Stuff'! |
Back tsquare one
 
By: shashashy | Co-authored by: User_887 - User_556
 
FF5vnLM.jpg
rFJfWbq.jpg
Poster
FF5vnLM.jpg
Reviewed By: Uniquestel
Date Requested: August 13, 2016
Date Finished: August 13, 2016
Description Of The Story

Before college and paperworks, Minatozaki Sana was the perfect girl. She was a role model to students and the teachers had grown fond of her. But that all changed when she found herself breaking school rules just to communicate with the notorious delinquent Jeon Jungkook.
 
A light, nostalgic and sweet read!
 
Information
Genre(s):
     •
 Romance
     • Fluff
     • Friendship

No. of Chapters:
     • Seven (7)

Story Status:
     • Completed

Category:
     • Multi-Chaptered

Total: 087 / 100
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
 
The Review
    • Title: 009 / 010

  I really like the title! It's my favorite idiom (I like idioms very much). It sort of means 'Back to the Beginning' or 'Back To The Basis'. It has a nice ring into it. Also, it relates and fits so much to the story. Albeit the attractiveness factor doesn't have that much impact to fluffy romantic readers, it is a really good title.

    • Description / Foreword: 019 / 020

  The description was short yet detailed. There wasn't much revealed yet it gave us enough information about the story.
  I like how you went on with your foreword and gave us a brief introduction regarding the story. I also like how everything is lined up in place. I especially like how the reviews were placed, it made your story looked a bit professional and it also gave us an impression on what other people thought about it. The pixels making everything cute was a bonus!

    • Appearance: 004 / 005

  The appearance is okay, I guess. The format was alright, although it was a bit of an eyesore to see the change of font sizes. Don't get me wrong, I understand the change of font when it comes to the letters to show a bit realism in it, but the size changing was a bit of a distraction. It did not help matters that the justification of the text changes. The poster also made the story seem more of an angst story, but I liked how you have a chapter image relatable to the topic of the said chapter. 

    • Plot: 018 / 020

  The plot was a light, sweet and nostalgic story that takes place all the way back to high school. It isn't that original although I do admit that I quite like it. The plot takes me back to my own high school memories, it was that good. It is built well and it ended up nicely. 
  The only problem I had with it was with the sudden plottwist that Sana pulled out of her sleeve. I checked the previous chapters to look for any signs or clues regarding that matter but only found a few such as 'throbbing heart', but that's it. I hope you can edit those chapters and give more clues but at the same time keep it low. I felt like that part was just pushed there to make a conflict, which wasn't really a nice touch.
  But as I said earlier, I like your plot.

    • Characters: 015 / 020

  The characters needs a few more work, especially Jungkook.
  Since the focus of your story is Sana, she was portrayed rather well and detailed unlike Jungkook's character. She's this perfect and hardworking girl whom everyone adores. But that all went downhill when she started college where she is always late at class for some reason, and I'm guessing that's because of Jungkook. She is a really strong character with her own set of feelings. I like how she was portrayed and brought to life. 
  Now, for Jungkook's character, I'm a bit at the 'meh' side. His diction is quite off with his character. He is some sort of notorious bad boy that gets into fights (or so as I heard from Sana's thoughts) and is pretty much cold and rude, but your story rarely showed that part. Til the end of your story, Jungkook's character remained a mystery. I don't know whether he truly is this bad boy or is he secretly the good guy who was just drowned by rumors. And what's his relationship with Seokmin? What's with the fights? Are they brothers in a mafia or some sort? (I know this is crazy but you get the point) Are they enemies in a gang? Or what? What's their relationship? Did Jungkook talked to Sana just because of Seokjin or just because he found her cute breaking the school rules just to communicate with him and all? I need answers. I hope you can shed some light to Jungkook's character as well.


    • Grammar:: 009 / 010

  Your grammar was incredible! There were a few mistakes here and there along with Jungkook's diction and choice of words, but overall, it's fine. You have a way of using your words albeit sometimes it ends up awkwardly. Don't use too much wordiness in a simple sentence. Other than that, your grammar is so good. Say, are you a Native English speaker?

    • Writing Style: 008 / 010

  Like your characterization, the writing style needs some balance. I need some eyecandy factor that can make me grasp unto your story more. Your writing style for now is really good and has potential to get even better in the near future, and I am really intrigued by how you narrate. It is rather interesting and entertaining. I like all the scenes, and I love how you pull delicate twsists. I was just unsatisfied with Sana's character twist even if you gave clues about it in the previous chapters, it really isn't that strong of a conflict to me. Still, overall, your writing style is good.

    • Personal Satisfacton: 005 / 005

  I enjoyed the story very much. I normally ship Jungkook with Dahyun (she's bae ♥) or IU, but you made me think of Sana and Jungkook as a cute pairing when I finished the story. I am satisfied with the overall results. Your story is the perfect misture of fluff, romance and friendship. I love how one little thing can make someone bloom into a new person.  I absolutely love how you got the story going. Great job! 
 
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
 
Don't Forget To Comment Down Below & Credit the Shop!
Reviewer's Notes / Advices
  All I am suggesting here is to make the characterization a bit more stronger and detailed. Your characters did not make much of an impact on me, but your plot did. I hope you can grasp unto that feeling more. Setting that aside, I had no other suggestions since your story is pretty much fine. I would recommend it to my friends here, since I quite like it. Thank you! ^^
 
| trxsh | Modified By StoicBread |