[R] Opposites attract, they said.

✍ VOYAGE THROUGH WORLDS | A Multi-Shop ✍ | Hiring! | Staff Gets Paid! | Open | Attention Graphics Artists of this Shop! Please Read 'Must Read Stuff'! |
Opposites Attract, They Said.
 
 
FF5vnLM.jpg
rFJfWbq.jpg
Poster
FF5vnLM.jpg
Reviewed By: Areejap
Date Requested: August 14, 2016
Date Finished: August 15, 2016
Description Of The Story

What great love story doesn't start with two people that absolutely hate each other?

Meet Oh Sehun. Quiet, composed, and mostly just keeps to himself - your definition of a typical high school nerd. He comes from a financially well-endowed family, to say the least. Always the top achiever in class, he keeps interactions with others to a bare minimum, if not at all, and is completely oblivous to the fact that many girls lust after him.

Now meet Kim Jongin. Your typical high school playboy. He is well aware of the long line of people waiting to get a turn with him and wears that fact with pride. He is usually seen with a group of loud and rowdy boys who walk around like they own the place. He is known to have slept with pretty much all the girls in school.

Two very stereotypical-sounding people in a very stereotypical school setting. Or so you would think.
 
-
 
Information
Genre(s):
     •
 Angst
     • Romance
     • High School!AU

No. of Chapters:
     • 29 Chapters

Story Status:
     • Completed

Category:
     • Multi-Chaptered

Total: 080 / 000
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
 
The Review
    • Title: 004 / 010

The title ‘Opposites Attract’ is definitely connected to the plot of the story. It lets the reader know what the story is basically about in only two words, but this is also why the title is lacking in creativity. The title should not give out too much information about the story. The title should give a bit of information to intrigue the reader. The title is also a bit cliché and generic as I have seen many stories with the same title. Although there are many faults to this title, the genre in which the author is targeting tends to be attracted to simple title choices.

    • Description / Foreword: 015 / 020

As a writer you should try to stay away from too much character description as it tends to give out too much detail on how it may affect them in the story. The Description and foreword are directly connected to the plot as it shows the two main characters personalities and how they are completely different. The Description should have focused more on the plot than the characters personalities as the reader already knows that their personalities will be different due to the title. The description was clean and neat. nIt was right in the middle in terms of length and is mobile friendly.

    • Appearance: 004 / 005

The Poster is neat and the words are clear and a good size. The poster shows the Two main characters and a 3rd lead role that is important to the storyline and plot. It did not capture the mood of the story that well as the story takes place in School a time of youth and happiness. The poster uses a Dark background and faded numbers that made it seem like more of a murder mystery. To capture the mood it would need more brighter colors.

    • Plot: 017 / 020

The story was a bit rushed towards the beginning.In chapter One, Kai punches Sehun in the face but by Chapter two Sehun was able to have a cordial conversation with him. The incident wasn't mentioned much only by Baekhyun at the lunch table and Sehun again with the attempt at payback. It was almost like it never happened. Luhan admitted he was gay to Sehun in chapter 5 and based on Luhan's personality it didn't seem like he would reveal that so early on in their relationship. The members of EXO are represented as everyday people but during a dance practice it's revealed that there is an existing idol group named EXO just without the members we know. It gives a bit of a twist to the story and makes it a bit more special. The book becomes very unique as half way through the book major character development occurs. Kai's personality mellows out but he's still adventurous while Sehun goes from the responsible nerd to a rebel. The two characters switch. The overall plot was creative and surprising. There is a major plot twist in chapter 25 that makes the story even better and takes it out of the stereotypical cliché.

    • Characters: 018 / 020

Sehun is a bit of a cliché as he's rich, a nerd, lonely, and is bullied but what makes his character special is that he isn't portrayed as the innocent, naïve, softy.Sehun is extremely protective of himself, independent, and a bit of a know-it-all. This makes his character a bit more unique and interesting to the reader. His lines accurately depict his personality. What really sets sehun apart from most mary sues is his dream. His dream is set back by consequences that lead to character development.

Kai starts of as a bit of a cliché as well.He's showned as the typical playboy that he's known for being type casted as. His back story makes the reader understand why he acts the way he does. His father leaving his mother for a man led to his homophobic mindset. His personality was really consistent throughout the book. He has the most character development out of all of them.He was able to get rid of the bad attributes while still keeping others that add to his personality. He was a well-rounded character.

luhan is shown as the best friend character that's always there for Sehun. Most bestfriend characters tend to be on the witty side and their world revolves around the main character but that's what makes luhan character stand out. Luhan is more introverted even more than sehun. He doesnt give away information about his private matters easily. He was more put off about being friends with Sehun. In chapter 6, Luhan tells Sehun that he trusts him too much for only knowing each other a month. He's the opposite of the usual best friend stereotype and became my most favored character even though he leaves early on in the book.

    • Grammar:: 010 / 010

I think i saw one misspelled word out of the entire book that looked like it was due to a typing error. The punctuation was perfect and the sentences flowed. There wasn't any too outlandish words that would leave the reader confused.

    • Writing Style: 008 / 010

The authors writing style was perfect for the genre.The writing was easy to follow and flowed. The dialogue wasn't to long except during emotional scenes. This definently attracts young readers. Their was a bit of underlying comedic points that contributed to the over all mood and allow the reader to invest in the story more. The way things were worded kept the reader interested. The only fault would be description. There was not a lot of description of the setting. Most of the setting had to be imagined by the reader and was not clearly shown to them specifically the camping trip. The only description was of 12 tents, the woods, and a hill. The reader has to use their own imagination to connect with the scene. Overall the writing was great.

    • Personal Satisfacton: 004 / 005

I enjoyed the story. The characters meshed well and the plot was unique. The story kind of felt boring towards the beginning but after a few chapters I was hooked.
 
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
 
Don't Forget To Comment Down Below & Credit the Shop!
Reviewer's Notes / Advices
The story was really good, though I would advice to just work specifically in the Title and Description / Foreword.
 
| trxsh | Modified By StoicBread |