Visual

Telecom Sisters

*GASP*

Min Seo woke up, sweating bullets. She clenched onto her blanket and looked around her room. It was three days since Kyul Kyung was transferred to a new family. Despite of doing that ty favor of kissing her, the thought of it planted on her mind that she couldn’t get over it. But if it’s haunting her, she had to do something about it.

“Got to get me a new dongsaeng…” Min Seo mumbled, getting another card from the promo.

She opened the box and saw Kyul Kyung’s card. She instantly placed it in a slot next to Yeon Jung’s card and got a pink card. It was a bit weird, though. It had no distinct characteristic written on the card.

“Jung Chae Yeon…hmm…I’ll go with this.” Min Seo mumbled.

She did the instructions and got up to start another day in work.

***

Min Seo and Ki Nam were formulating choreography for their next comeback. Sung Byul and Ri An would’ve joined them but the two were going to the hospital for Sung Byul’s chemotherapy.

*KNOCK*

Min Seo and Ki Nam stopped as they greeted the visitor coming inside. It was their leader, and she brought someone along.

“Hey, Yeon Rin.” Ki Nam greeted.

“What gives?” Min Seo asked.

“I was just touring the rookie actress on her new company. Chae Yeon, these are your unnies, Kim Ki Nam and Choi Min Seo.”

Chae Yeon bowed at them. Ki Nam said her hi yet Min Seo was shocked. Chae Yeon got a good look at the tall woman and gasped. Ki Nam and Yeon Rin were wondering.

“Do you know each other?” Yeon Rin asked.

“Yeah…can I talk with the actress alone?” Min Seo asked.

The two nodded and left them inside the studio. Once the coast was clear, Min Seo faced a timid Chae Yeon.

“Hello, Chae Yeon-ah.” Min Seo greeted gently and Chae Yeon responded.

“Hello, unnie. I-I heard that you will be my unnie for this month,” said Chae Yeon.

“Yes. Don’t be shy. I won’t bite.” Min Seo said, lending a hand.

Chae Yeon nodded and shook hands with Min Seo. Chae Yeon felt a good aura on Min Seo. With that, she looked up and faced her unnie. Min Seo wowed. Her dongsaeng was gorgeous.

“You’re really pretty.” Min Seo said.

“Thank you, unnie. You look pretty too.” Chae Yeon smiled.

“Haha…so you’re an actress and you’re transferring to our company?” Min Seo asked as she and Chae Yeon walked outside.

“Ne. I ought to seize an opportunity here so I transferred here. I never thought you work here, unnie. Although, I heard that I will be Choi Min Seo’s dongsaeng, a famous dancer and member of ES7.”

Min Seo wowed of Chae Yeon’s updates. She saw Ki Nam and Yeon Rin and told Yeon Rin she’ll be touring the child. The two didn’t mind and went back to the studio. During the tour, Min Seo asked Chae Yeon of a lot of things.

“So…where do you live at this time?” Min Seo asked.

“I used to be adopted by my CEO and lived with him. That’s why I was an actress to his company. But he transferred me here because of the promo,” said Chae Yeon.

“I understand. Do you have anything to do today?” Min Seo asked again.

“I’ll be attending an orientation, unnie.” Chae Yeon smiled.

“Okay. Did you pack your stuff?” Min Seo asked and Chae Yeon nodded.

“Alright. I have my training after the tour so…I’ll see you later and you’ll be staying with me.” Min Seo said and Chae Yeon nodded while smiling.

Min Seo and Chae Yeon stopped by the conference room. Chae Yeon hugged her unnie and went in. Min Seo chuckled and went back to the dance studio to join Ki Nam and Yeon Rin.

***

Min Seo and Chae Yeon ate dinner and talked. Min Seo knew Chae Yeon for being the gorgeous timid girl but then, she got to know her better. They were talking about Chae Yeon’s aspirations when her phone rang.

“Hold on.” Min Seo mumbled and answered her call.

“Hello?”

“Min Seo-ya…” Min Seo gulped, hearing her eldest sister’s voice.

Min Seo excused herself, leaving her dongsaeng to eat alone. She was a bit pissed hearing her voice again.

“What?”

“Min Seo-ya…come home…” She heard her cry.

“Tch! Why should I? You told me to leave and I did. Why should I come back?” Min Seo spat.

“I know you find it hard to believe but…we’re wrong. Min Hyeong and I miss our dongsaeng so much. Please…come home…”

“I won’t come home. I’m tired of dealing with this, unnie. Just…don’t call me again.” Min Seo said and hung up.

Min Seo clenched her fist, trying not to cry. She also missed her unnies. But with their record of being so harsh and rude to her, she couldn’t find the guts to forgive them.

“Unnie?” She turned around and there was Chae Yeon.

Chae Yeon was shocked of seeing her unnie cry that she went to hug her. She looked at her unnie and wiped her tears away.

“Who called you, unnie? Why are you crying?” She pouted.

“Ah…it was Min Seo-unnie’s unnie. We had a little argument. Don’t mind about it, okay?” Min Seo pats her head and Chae Yeon nodded.

“You have an unnie? What’s it like, unnie? Can I meet them?”

Min Seo chuckled of her dongsaeng’s curiosity. But with the tragic memory, the time, and Chae Yeon’s cute yawn, she could only pat her head.

“I’ll talk about it next time. It’s late. You should rest.”

***

Min Seo slept peacefully. Chae Yeon wanted to sleep by her unnie’s side and there she was, sleeping and cuddling up to her unnie. Min Seo’s peaceful sleep was suddenly disturbed. Her face scrunched as she dreamt of something. In that dream, she saw her younger self, playing with her two unnies. Then the scene changed to the time she got hit by a cutter…then a scene of her unnie’s despised look towards her, and then that one call…

Min Seo-ya…come home…we miss our dongsaeng so much…

“No…I’m not coming back…no!”

*GASP*

Min Seo’s eyes opened swiftly, bullets of sweat dripping from the sides of her forehead. She panted as she felt something soft on her forehead.

“Unnie? What’s wrong?” Chae Yeon filled her vision.

Min Seo took some time to react as Chae Yeon continued to wipe the sweat off of her face with the blanket. Min Seo sighed and pats Chae Yeon’s head.

“I’m sorry to wake you up. Unnie just had a bad dream. Don’t worry. I’m fine now. Go back to sleep.”

Chae Yeon nodded, laid back down, and cuddled onto Min Seo’s waist. Min Seo didn’t go back to sleep. With the dream she had, she couldn’t find peace. All she could do was pat her sleeping dongsaeng’s head and stare…

***

ES7 gathered on a dance studio and had a meeting with their manager. In the meeting, the manager talked about guesting on a variety show.

“It’s a dance competition in a variety show. In this case, one of you will compete with other dancers from other groups and dance companies.”

“We want Min Seo to join that competition,” said Yeon Rin as everyone nodded.

“Me? I bet Sung Byul to join.” Min Seo said.

“We’ve considered that, Min Seo,” said the manager.

“The reason is that the CEO will let you collaborate with Jung Chae Yeon. He said to me that in an interview with Chae Yeon, she said that she also aspired to dance…and she wanted you to train her.”

“As expected from Min Seo…” Ri An said, patting Min Seo’s shoulder.

“So the CEO wants me to do it?” Min Seo clarified and the manager nods.

“That’s right…and he wants to see you in ten minutes.”

Min Seo checked the time. The office was on the highest story. And with Min Seo’s peculiar instinct of being early, she waited as the manager continued the meeting. As the meeting ended, Min Seo excused herself and went to the office.

***

Min Seo got in. She saw the CEO and Chae Yeon smiling at her. She bowed and joined the meeting.

“You must’ve heard from your manager of the offer sent to us by MNet. They offered us to join this dance competition and I want you to participate.” The CEO said, pointing at Min Seo.

“Okay, sir.” Min Seo agreed.

“Jung Chae Yeon’s popularity rose to new heights. We will let her dance with you, doing a collaboration for the competition. With this, our status might raise itself.”

“Alright, sir. I’ll do what I can.”

At the mansion, Chae Yeon and Min Seo were at the dance studio. Min Seo tests her by letting her do freestyle. Chae Yeon grew timid but she obeyed. Min Seo examined her like a hawk pacing around as Chae Yeon danced to the music. Min Seo grabbed the control and turned the music off.

“So…” Chae Yeon mumbled.

“You’re still a novice, Chae Yeon. I would’ve given a basic dance for you but I’m going to have to teach you choreography more basic than what I’ve planned…” Min Seo said, a hand on her forehead.

Chae Yeon lowered her head. Min Seo lets her sit down as she formulated a dance. During her planning, she noticed Chae Yeon, her mood going down. She recalled what she said to the child that she went closer to her and held her hand.

“I’m sorry if I offended you.” Min Seo apologized.

“Am I really bad at dancing, unnie?” Chae Yeon asked.

“It’s not that bad. I’m not going to think that way because I know you’re doing your best. Don’t worry. I’ll teach you, just like you wanted…”

Min Seo pats the girl’s head, lets her sit and wait, and sat next to her as she formulates a choreography. Chae Yeon felt light for the first time and she never Min Seo was the sweetest unnie she had.

***

ES7 guested at the variety show as they were excited to watch Min Seo’s performance. They weren’t complete. Sung Byul was with Soo Hee this time as the remaining four members were at the show to watch.

*backstage*

Min Seo heard music of the third performance. She was a bit nervous as the stylist adjusted her costume. Chae Yeon ws on one side, the make-up artist doing her work on her beautiful face. Min Seo saw Chae Yeon’s hands fiddle onto the table. She sighed as she remembered the times she taught her at the dance studio at their home and in the company.

Chae Yeon messed up on another part of the choreography. Min Seo, dealing with a slight fever and Chae Yeon’s incompetence, was getting pissed.

“Chae Yeon!” Min Seo’s voice boomed and Chae Yeon froze.

“At what count will you start raising your arms?” Min Seo asked.

“Eight.” Chae Yeon answered.

“Now why did you raise them at seven?! Goodness…” Min Seo face-palmed herself and Chae Yeon felt embarrassed and sorry for messing up countless times.

“Sorry, unnie…” Chae Yeon apologized.

“*sigh*…again! And make your movements clear and concise. You’re a dancer, Chae Yeon, not a meek child.”

With that, Min Seo changed herself. She adjusted herself for Chae Yeon, managed to get the choreography to go well, and here they are now, all set and ready to perform.

“Calm down…” Min Seo pats the girl’s head.

“You’ll be fine.”

“Ne…” Chae Yeon nodded and held her unnie’s hand.

***

Their performance was fine. However, there were some feedback…negative feedback.

“Look at this! ‘Choreography’s too boring’, ‘Jung Chae Yeon is not a good dancer. She only got there because she is popular, ‘That is just stupid! Min Seo is already famous. Why let a novice collaborate with a professional dancer?’, ‘Min Seo can do the best of dances. Jung Chae Yeon was a hindrance to that.’”

Chae Yeon sought comfort to Min Seo and the woman obliged, patting the girl’s back and telling her that it wasn’t her fault.

“It’s my mistake, Sajangnim.” Min Seo spoke.

“The one responsible doesn’t matter. You made it to the finals but I hope you can make that up and get to the top if you can.”

“Yes, sir.” Min Seo bowed.

The CEO lets them go with their little meeting. As Min Seo and Chae Yeon walked, Chae Yeon couldn’t bear to think of causing her unnie a bit of trouble.

“Unnie…I’m sorry to put you up through Sajangnim’s remarks.”

“It’s not your fault, okay? We’ll do better next time.” Min Seo pats her head and plastered a smile.

***

Chae Yeon and Min Seo practiced for the finals. Chae Yeon, not wanting to humiliate her unnie and herself, she did her best. When Min Seo was busy with other work, Chae Yeon went to her studio to practice. When the real practices came, Min Seo was impressed of Chae Yeon’s progress. She managed to add up her choreography and Chae Yeon got the hang of it. As of now, she was excitedly going to the CEO’s office for a meeting with her unnie in regards to the finals.

“Please reconsider, Sajangnim. Chae Yeon’s doing her best and has been doing great.” She heard Min Seo’s distressed voice.

Chae Yeon gulped. Somehow, her feet were rooted to ground. For her, it sounded rude to eavesdrop but somehow, she was by the door, hearing their conversation.

“I told you. Our company cannot handle this situation. If you dance with Chae Yeon again, negative feedback will be twice as much.”

“Sajangnim-“

“I was wrong. Chae Yeon might be popular but I realized something. She’s incompetent in dancing. Come on, Min Seo. You can do the finals by yourself, alright?”

“I can’t, Sajangnim. I’ve already settled the choreography. I need Chae Yeon to dance with me.”

“*sigh*…I’ve already let the agents pass our final contingent for the competition and I only listed you. I’m sorry, Min Seo. I had to do this for the company. Chae Yeon won’t be dancing with you and that’s final.”

Chae Yeon’s legs shook as she backed away from the door. Min Seo got out and gasped as she saw her. By the looks of Chae Yeon, Min Seo knew she might’ve heard everything.

“Chae Yeon…I can explain-“

A shove greeted the latter. Min Seo watched the crying angel run away. Min Seo puts a hand on her forehead and groaned.

***

Back at the mansion, Min Seo was knocking on the door of Chae Yeon’s room several times.

“Chae Yeon-ah…please let me explain…” Min Seo pleaded through the door.

Min Seo could only hear the girl’s cries. She continued to plead and knock on the door until she heard a click. Min Seo was quick in opening the door and there was Chae Yeon, crouched on the bed as she cried. Min Seo went closer to the girl.

“Chae Yeon-“ Min Seo stopped as Chae Yeon hugged her so tight.

“Why, unnie? Why can’t I dance with you? Am I really untalented?”

“Shh…Sajangnim had to sacrifice for the company. I never wanted that you wouldn’t dance. I always wanted to dance with you. Don’t say that you’re untalented…”

“Why can’t Sajangnim understand…that I wanted to dance for my unnie?”

Min Seo was hit with those words. She felt Chae Yeon hugging her close, her head leaning on her shoulder. Min Seo hugged her sister back as she resists the urge to cry.

“Chae Yeon…”

“I wanted to have a wonderful memory with you through that competition. I know I won’t stay here for long. Someone will adopt me again. They all treated me well in the past but I felt assured when I’m with you, Min Seo-unnie…”

The transfer hit Min Seo. She saw Chae Yeon’s calendar by her bedside and saw a mark on a specific date. She gulped. Chae Yeon had been counting the days.

“You don’t have to think of the dance. There’s still more days to come…tell you what…” Min Seo faces Chae Yeon and wipes the tears off of her gorgeous face.

“…let’s take a leave and go any place you want.”

“Really, unnie?” Chae Yeon’s face gleamed despite of her tears.

“Of course.” Min Seo smiled.

Chae Yeon stopped crying and smiled. Min Seo smiled back, wiping her dongsaeng’s face and she hugged her. She felt Chae Yeon hug her back with twice the passion as they face another time together, even if it won’t last for long.

***

ES7, together with Chae Yeon, watched Min Seo on her competition. Min Seo was a bit nervous as she was on the stage, facing the same audience last time. Sure it hurt her to not be able to dance with Chae Yeon but she swore something. She made sure she will win for her.

*after the competition*

“Nice job, Min Seo,” said Yeon Rin.

“How did you do that?” Soo Hee mimicked Min Seo that all of them laughed.

“I just dance, I guess,” said Min Seo.

Chae Yeon came in and had a bouquet of flowers on her hand. She went excitedly towards the group and gave it to Min Seo.

“Congratulations, unnie.” Chae Yeon smiled.

The rest of her group cheered and Min Seo accepts the bouquet. Chae Yeon tackled her unnie for a hug and they found the sisters so sweet.

“Min Seo killed the stage today!” KI Nam cheered like the rest.

Min Seo could only laugh. As it ended, they all got back to their homes, with Chae Yeon and Min Seo going back to their humble home.

“Unnie, when will we go to France?” Chae Yeon asked.

“Next week,” said Min Seo.

Chae Yeon cheered and hugged Min Seo tight. Yes, they will have their vacation at France…and she’s going to make sure that it will the best vacation Chae Yeon will have in her whole life. After all, they won’t last together as sisters…

 

 

That was the ninth, everyone. This will end soo so please stay tuned. 

Love lots from asahdako