Happy-Go-Lucky Beauty

Telecom Sisters

Min Seo was facing another transfer. Chae Yeon was crying, not wanting to let go and transfer to a new family. Knowing that the next recipient can’t wait any longer, she held onto Chae Yeon’s shoulders and forced her to let go.

“Go now.”

Chae Yeon froze and lets her new family take her. As the doors closed, Min Seo sighed and slumped on the couch. She looked at the box and saw two more cards. She picked the one by the left and read:

“Kim Do Yeon…Happy-Go-Lucky…hmm…”

Min Seo grabs her phone and did the same instructions all over again. She tossed her phone one the side when it rang.

“Hello?” Min Seo grabbed her phone, answering it.

“Is this Park Sung Byul’s friend?” A different person answered.

“Yes. What is it?” Min Seo asked.

“It’s Miss Park. She’s still doing her chemotherapy and asked me to tell you if you can pick up her sister from school and take her home.”

“Oh…okay.” Min Seo nodded and hung up.

***

Min Seo was at a familiar university. She got out of her car, locked it, and searched throughout the campus. Min Seo looked at the set of directions the person sent to search for Sung Byul’s sister as eyes of students peer towards the star.

“Omo-it’s Choi Min Seo of ES7~” One squealed.

A group of students gathered around Min Seo. Min Seo, being the artist she was, would always be in service towards her fans. Some took pictures of her, lets Min Seo sign their album, and some even gave gifts to the artist.

“Excuse me…may I ask something?” Min Seo asked and all the students nodded.

“Where’s the room of Kang Mi Na?”

“Kang Mi Na? ES7’s Sung Byul’s dongsaeng?” A student stood out of the crowd.

Min Seo looked at the student. It was a female who was as tall as her. Somehow, Min Seo found the student so familiar.

“Ne…” Min Seo nodded.

“Don’t worry, Min Seo-unnie. I’ll take you to her classroom.” The girl smiled and Min Seo was obliged.

Min Seo and the tall girl went together. Some students mumbled at how lucky the girl was. Min Seo chuckled lightly on those whispers, even the girl joined in chuckling.

“We’re here, unnie. Room 1, Section A.”

Min Seo thanked the girl. She would’ve thought the girl would already leave but instead, the girl grabbed her arm and pulled her inside the classroom.

“Yah! Where’s Kang Mi Na?” The girl asked.

“Here.” A girl pointed Mi Na.

“OMO-it’s Choi Min Seo~!!” Another one squealed.

“Yah, Kim Do Yeon! Who gave you the right to hold my bae’s arm?!”

“Shut it, So Hee. I’m her dongsaeng to begin with.”

Min Seo gasped. She faced the tall girl and she gave her a greeting, starting off with a bow.

“Annyeonghaseyo. Kim Do Yeon-imnida. I hope you take care of me, Min Seo-unnie.”

Min Seo got her turn to bow and shake hands with Do Yeon. The students were squealing, seeing Min Seo as adorable as she was. Some were a bit jealous because Do Yeon grew an attachment to the artist.

“Hello, kids,” Min Seo greeted.

“Hello, Min Seo-unnie~” They all greeted.

“Min Seo-unnie~” Mi Na went closer and hugged Min Seo.

*RING*

“Yay~ class is over~” Do Yeon cheered like the rest of her classmates.

“Min Seo-unnie, can we have a group picture with you before you go?” So Hee asked.

Min Seo nodded. Mi Na and Do Yeon were on her sides as So Hee got her camera ready. They got their picture, plus some pictures from each of their classmates. Min Seo bowed, thanked the children and escorted Mi Na and Do Yeon towards her car.

“I heard Min Seo-unnie chose you for the promo,” said Mi Na.

“Yeah. I’m excited again. My last caretaker was a messy person. She was also cranky.” Do Yeon shared.

“You can trust Min Seo-unnie. She’s really kind. Speaking of which, where’s Sung Byul-unnie?”

Once they got on the car, Min Seo rode Mi Na first, heading towards the apartment. She got a text from Sung Byul to take her there, not wanting to tell her sister of her condition.

“She’s at the company. She told me to take you back there instead. She’s been busy,” said Min Seo.

“Again? The last time I saw her, she had gotten pale. Do you have any idea what’s happening, unnie?” Mi Na asked Min Seo.

“She’s getting colds. I’ve been telling her to drink her vitamins,” said Min Seo.

“Unnie, can we stop by my old house? I need to get my stuff.” Do Yeon requested.

“Sure.”

After taking a stop on Do Yeon’s old home to get her packed stuff, Min Seo drove again with the two children. Min Seo took a pit-stop on Sung Byul and Mi Na’s new home.

“Wow! It’s like a condominium!” Do Yeon wowed, seeing outside the building.

“Well…Sung Byul-unnie earned it for us. It’s about time we have a place of our own,” said Mi Na.

The children continued to walk outside as Min Seo stayed by the car, watching the children. Min Seo thought about Sung Byul. She’s been suffering cancer for a long time now. Min Seo would’ve thought Sung Byul would give in but…

Mi Na needs me, Min Seo. I have to be alive for her…

“Unnie?” Min Seo came back to reality, seeing the children.

“Gomawo, Min Seo-unnie.” Mi Na went to her and hugged her tight.

“You’re welcome.” Min Seo answered.

Mi Na lets go and bids goodbye to the two. Min Seo and Do Yeon got in the car and drove to Min Seo’s mansion.

Do Yeon wowed as they got inside. Min Seo couldn’t hold her chuckle for the tall yet young girl as she looked around the place.

“Am I really living here, unnie?” Do Yeon asked, facing Min Seo.

“Yeah. You’re my dongsaeng. Mi casa es su casa. My house is your house,” said Min Seo.

Do Yeon cheered and hugged the life out of Min Seo. She hugged her back, helped her with her stuff and toured her around until they got to Do Yeon’s room.

“Well, since you live with me, I’ll pick you up at school. And if you need anything, you can ask me, alright?” Min Seo said and Do Yeon nodded.

“Are you hungry?” Min Seo added and Do Yeon nods.

Do Yeon yawned a little. Min Seo chuckled lightly, going closer towards the girl, and pats the girl’s head.

“I’ll make a sandwich. That way, you can just throw the wrapper then sleep,” said Min Seo.

“Unnie…why are you so nice to me?” Do Yeon asked out of the blue.

“Well…that’s just how I am. If you want to know me more, we can talk about it on the weekends. For now, you need to rest and focus on your studies,” said Min Seo.

“Okay, unnie. Thank you.” Do Yeon smiled as she hugged Min Seo.

“You’re welcome.”

***

Min Seo was at the company, teaching her group the choreography for their comeback. She was halfway done in teaching her group when someone knocked on the door. Ki Nam opened it and their manager-unnie came to greet them.

“ES7, you are called by Sajangnim for a meeting.”

*at the CEO’s office*

“I’ve got another offer from Ceci Magazine. You six will be its models together with four trainees I recruited from the other branch.”

“Can you exclude Sung Byul and I, Sajangnim?” Ri An spoke.

“Yes, Sajangnim. Sung Byul’s chemotherapy is scheduled today and Ri An will be coming with her,” said Min Seo.

“Very well.” Their CEO agreed.

Min Seo, Yeon Rin, Ki Nam, and Soo Hee were at a studio. The four stars wondered who were the recruits were but for Min Seo, she had her hunch when she saw four familiar girls.

“Unnie!” A tall girl approached and hugged Min Seo tight.

“Do Yeon?!”

“Surprise, unnie.” Do Yeon winked.

“MIN SEO-UNNIE!” So Mi was also there and tackled the girl for a hug.

“Unnie…” Chae Yeon also got her chance and hugged her tight.

“OMO-I can’t believe this!” Min Seo was ecstatic, meeting her little sisters again.

A pair of arms greeted Min Seo and her eyes dilated. It was Kyul Kyung!

“Unnie…I miss you so much.” She whispered.

“Woah, Min Seo! You need to lessen the fame a bit.” Ki Nam teased.

Min Seo chuckled as she introduced the four recruits to her members. They had a little talk as Min Seo shared stuff about them. The photographer and the rest of the crew were ready as the eight models did their work.

*after the photoshoot*

“Woah. Kyul Kyung and Ki Nam look good,” said Soo Hee.

“But Min Seo and Do Yeon look the best.” Ki Nam said.

Min Seo also checked the pictures, with Do Yeon sitting next to her and hugging her tight. Kyul Kyung saw this and she felt jealous.

“Unnie, can I talk to you?” Kyul Kyung asked Min Seo.

“Okay.”

***

“Unnie…I miss you.”

“Kyul Kyung! I thought we’re over this.” Min Seo struggled as Kyul Kyung cupped her cheeks, aiming to kiss her.

“I can’t get over you. I love you…” Kyul Kyung mumbled and reached to kiss her again.

“Yah! Get off of Min Seo-unnie, Kyul Kyung-unnie!” Someone shoved the girl off of Min Seo.

Min Seo gasped as she saw Do Yeon. Min Seo felt Do Yeon hug her as Kyul Kyung snickered.

“You’re also in love with her?” Kyul Kyung asked.

“No. She’s my unnie. I love her more than a crush…I love her like family, which is greater than that. You should’ve done the same, unnie. She’s OUR unnie.”

Kyul Kyung snickered and left the two. Do Yeon checked on her unnie as she got a pat on her head.

“Thank you, Do Yeon…”

“No problem, unnie. We’re family after all.”

***

Min Seo and Do Yeon were at home. Min Seo was busy with her circuit board while Do Yeon was with her project. Min Seo saw the girl struggling that she went to help her.

“Unnie…you don’t have to-I can do it by myself.” Do Yeon said.

“I know…but as of this time, you need help. Don’t deny it. I can see it on the look on your eyes.” Min Seo said.

Do Yeon nodded lightly as Min Seo helps her. Do Yeon wowed as she saw her unnie finishing her project for her. She was thankful and embarrassed at the same time.

“Don’t be ashamed. Even the happy-go-lucky girl needs help sometimes.” Min Seo said, patting her head.

“Say…how did you have that in you? Being happy-go-lucky…” Min Seo added.

“I just do. I intend to carry the burden of others yet maintaining a good vibe for myself. That’s why I am happy whatever challenges I face,” said Do Yeon.

“That’s really cool…” Min Seo said.

“You’re pretty cool too, unnie. I mean…I never thought I could meet an unnie who’s very kind, pretty, and talented.” Do Yeon said and Min Seo chuckled.

“Let’s just say I live the same principles as you have…” Min Seo said.

“Want to watch a horror movie?” She asked and Do Yeon nodded excitedly.

Min Seo turned the TV on and the DVD player. She lets Do Yeon pick a horror movie and they watched. Min Seo would’ve thought the girl would get scared but Do Yeon was as hyped as her. The movie got to its romantic scene and Do Yeon held Min Seo’s arm and leaned her head on her shoulder. Min Seo got her arm off, only to wrap it around Do Yeon’s shoulders. Do Yeon chuckled and wrapped her arms around Min Seo’s waist, enjoying the movie with her unnie.

***

“An F?!”

“Yes, Miss Choi. It seems Kim Do Yeon is failing this subject. I would’ve reckoned she told you of this.”

Min Seo was in the school, confused. She was called, being Do Yeon’s relative. She got a report that Do Yeon was failing a subject. The worst part was that the record was about a week ago!

“Is she an inactive student in class, ma’am? Do Yeon studies well at home.” Min Seo asked.

“Actually, she’s one of the top students. Her failure was getting drastic starting last week. We are not certain of the motive so I called you, Miss Choi, wondering if you know what’s deteriorating her performance.”

“Hmm…I have a gist…and I need to fix her for this,” said Min Seo.

Do Yeon came home, greeted by a serious Min Seo, sitting on the couch showing her card.

“Do Yeon-ah…why did you hide this from me?” Min Seo asked her right away.

Do Yeon gulped as she sat, facing her unnie. She looked at the card, clean with grades, yet an F in red ink made it dirty to look at.

“Unnie, I swear I studied this well. I passed requirements, did the quizzes well and took the exam calmly-“

“That’s not the point. I know you and your success in school. What I want to hear from you is that why did you have this grade? Did someone threaten you to have this grade…or some thought distracted you?”

Do Yeon’s gut was hit with the second statement. She gulped as she faced Min Seo.

“It’s the transfer…” Do Yeon started and Min Seo sighed in her thought, knowing that her hunch was correct.

“Knowing the promo, I would be transferred once my time is over. I would’ve been relaxed, knowing I did this ten times. But…I couldn’t help but check every second passing by…because I love being with you, Min Seo-unnie.”

Do Yeon apologized for her failing grade. Min Seo went to comfort the girl but Do Yeon tackled her for a hug. For the first time, Min Seo sees the happy-go-lucky girl cry…

“Do Yeon-ah…it’s okay…” Min Seo comforts her.

“Unnie…I’m sorry for failing. I couldn’t get the thought of me transferring away from you off of my head. I don’t want to transfer again. I want to stay with you and be your dongsaeng…”

“Do Yeon-ah…” Min Seo whispered as she comforted Do Yeon.

“Don’t get it in your head when you have priorities in school. Please…please promise me that.”

“Unnie…I’m afraid to let go of that thought. What if I won’t be with you again?” Do Yeon cried harder.

“Hey…” Min Seo held Do Yeon’s shoulders and wiped her tears away.

“…I may not be here forever but please…don’t let it hinder you. I will see you again in the company, and I will remember that I had a happy-go-lucky sister. Do Yeon-ah, remember that no matter where you are, I’ll always be your unnie. Don’t you ever forget that.”

Do Yeon felt light and hope in Min Seo’s words. She nodded, stopped crying, and hugged her unnie with a smile plastered on her face.

“That’s my dongsaeng…” Min Seo said and hugged Do Yeon back.

“Thank you, unnie. You’re the best…”

***

Do Yeon worked hard and got her good grades back. She also worked at the company where Min Seo was at, together with So Mi, Kyul Kyung, and Chae Yeon. The days she had with  Min Seo meant everything to her that she made sure to make the times count. Min Seo and Do Yeon got close with each other as siblings, and Min Seo got to reunite with So Mi and Chae Yeon. Kyul Kyung moved on from her admiration towards Min Seo and loved her like a real unnie. Things were going well…when the unexpected happened...

“Sung Byul!!” Min Seo nudged her to wake up.

They were in their photo-shoot with the trainees when Sung Byul gave in. Min Seo and the rest grew worried as they take her to the hospital. The four trainees and three members boarded on Min Seo’s car as Ki Nam was at the ambulance.

“Unnie, shall I call Mi Na?” Do Yeon asked.

“No…no…I made your Sung Byul-unnie a promise I wouldn’t tell her. Can you four keep this as a secret?” Min Seo asked the trainees.

Do Yeon and the rest nodded. They arrived at the hospital, with Sung Byul sent to the ICU. The members were getting worried. The trainees were crying, with Min Seo comforting her dongsaengs.

“Min Seo…” Yeon Rin called and Min Seo paid attention.

“We can’t keep this secret to Sung Byul’s dongsaeng. The girl would worry too much.”

“But Yeon Rin, have you seen Mi Na? I can’t let anything take that cheerful girl’s smile away. Sung Byul wouldn’t want it, either,” said Min Seo.

“Choi Min Seo…” A doctor called.

“You and Miss Do Yeon are called by the patient.”

Do Yeon went with Min Seo as they got inside. They saw Sung Byul, growing weak. Min Seo and Do Yeon went closer, with Min Seo almost crying her heart out.

“Min Seo-ya…I’m so sorry for all this. You’ve always been there for me and Mi Na that I couldn’t thank you enough…but…can you do me one last favor-“

“Sung Byul…why…” Min Seo cried.

“Please, buddy…take care of my Mi Na for me…Do Yeon-ah…can you be there for my sister in school?”

“N-Ne, unnie…” Do Yeon nodded and cried.

“Sung Byul-ah…” Min Seo cried, holding Sung Byul’s hand.

“I’m sorry, Min Seo…you’re the best friend my Mi Na and I ever have…”

Sung Byul cried…and then…she gave in…

“No…No! Sung Byul-ah!!” Min Seo wept as Do Yeon hugged her unnie from the back and comforted her.

 

 

 

 

That was Chapter 10. Stay tuned... ^^