Your Sensitive Girl

Telecom Sisters

Min Seo was at her room, her iPhone 5c on her hands while the box of the cards was sprawled on the bed. Min Seo remembered how Se Jeong was so caring for her that she missed that kind of feeling. She got so excited that she went to the box first in order to pick her next sister.

  1. Dial *101#.
  2. If you have chosen this card, type ‘5’.
  3. Press 1 to subscribe.
  4. Then, the child will be sent to you through door-to-door process.

Min Seo scratched her head as the instructions ran into her mind like a race. But despite of that, she still had work to do. She sighed and took care of herself. And once she was done with the preparations, she was off towards her work as an IT specialist.

***

Min Seo finished her deal with AMD and went to the entertainment label. She got a call from Sung Byul for something important that she had to arrive. As she went through the doors and the very respective personnel, she noticed Sung Byul and her sister, Mi Na, arguing.

“What did I tell you about missing your classes?!” Sung Byul yelled.

“How can I not miss classes? I just wanted to see you.” Mi Na argued; her hand clenched tight to a gift bag.

“You should’ve told me. I don’t know what I’d do if anything happened to you,” said Sung Byul.

“Why? Are you ashamed of me, unnie? Why can’t I just see you because I want to?” Mi Na cried.

She threw her gift bag at Sung Byul and rushed. She noticed Min Seo by the corner and reached to hug her. Min Seo flinched and Sung Byul went closer to them. Mi Na had a point back there but she didn’t want to meddle into the argument. She found it very insulting.

“I’m sorry, Min Seo…Mi Na-ya, let Min Seo-unnie go.” Sung Byul said.

“I don’t want to.” Mi Na mumbled.

“Let me take care of it.” Min Seo said silently and Sung Byul understood.

Min Seo crouched to get a good look at Mi Na. She grabbed a clean handkerchief and wiped Mi Na’s tears off of her face.

“Mi Na?” Min Seo called.

“*sniff*…ne, Min Seo-unnie?” Mi Na answered.

“Whatever happened between you and your Sung Byul-unnie, please reconcile.” Min Seo said.

“But Min Seo-unnie, she’s not happy to see me. I skipped my classes because I wanted to see her. I even bought her favorite cake.” Mi Na answered.

Min Seo saw Sung Byul crying as she saw the present. Min Seo sighed and said:

“She was just worried. You shouldn’t have skipped classes. You might miss some very important lessons. Also, you shouldn’t have thrown your gift at your unnie and called her that you were coming. She might’ve been worried sick about you.”

“But…I wanted to surprise her.” Mi Na said and Min Seo sighed and laughed.

“Yah, Park Sung Byul!! Why did you go nuts there?! You should’ve not reacted badly and be happy to see Mi Na here. Now you made her cry.” Min Seo teased and reprimanded.

“Go talk to your unnie.” Min Seo said and Mi Na smiled and nodded.

“And you…take time to be with your dongsaeng. I’ll wait for you at the recording studio.” She added and Sung Byul nodded.

Sung Byul and Mi Na held hands and went to talk some things first. Min Seo smiled for the sisters. It was the first time she witnessed them fight and she never wanted to break that bond. Sung Byul recently shared that she and Mi Na stayed with their very abusive parents who know nothing but to smoke, drink, and gamble. That’s why Sung Byul worked a lot to sustain Mi Na’s needs; just like she would’ve done to her three sisters for the past three months, even to her elder sisters.

***

The day went so well. Min Seo was called by Sung Byul because of dance practice but when the feud began, it was all too close to call but eventually, it ended well. With Mi Na and Sung Byul happy together again, Min Seo couldn’t help but celebrate. Min Seo treated the two sisters for dinner. Mi Na was also given some tips by her two favorite unnies on her lessons in school. Yes, Min Seo has been her favorite friend for her Sung Byul-unnie but Sung Byul still owned her sisterly heart. Once they were done, Min Seo picked the sisters from the restaurant towards an apartment.

“Gomawo, Min Seo-unnie.” Mi Na said.

“You’re welcome.” Min Seo answered.

“Let’s get inside, unnie.” Mi Na said, holding Sung Byul’s hand.

“Go on. I have something to go with your Min Seo-unnie. I’ll be back afterwards.” Sung Byul said.

“Can I come?” Mi Na asked.

“This is business related stuff, Mi Na-ya. Besides, you have homework, remember?” Sung Byul said back.

Mi Na pouted. Sung Byul went to hug her and Min Seo waited at the car. Mi Na hugged back and Min Seo chuckled of the two girls in front of her.

“Come on! I have someone to take care of too.” She mumbled.

“One more minute!” Sung Byul said, hugging Mi Na again.

The sisters let go of their hug. Mi Na went inside and Sung Byul waved at her little sister. Mi Na waved at her and also waved at Min Seo. Min Seo bid her goodbye as they sped up to somewhere.

“Sung Byul…when will you tell her?” Min Seo asked.

“Soon. Now’s not the time,” said Sung Byul.

***

As Min Seo got back to her house, she found a note by her door. She grabbed the piece of paper and it read:

Kim So Hye was here.

Min Seo opened the door and went to the promo cards first. She opened the box and picked the card she chose this morning.

“Kim So Hye…Your girl…” She read.

“Your girl? Hmm…would a weak girl appear?” She asked herself, taking a good look at the card.

She shrugged and puts it back. She also puts the box to where she placed it and went towards the living room. As she got there, she sensed and noticed something. She felt that more things were added inside the house. She went towards the sofa and noticed a stack of chairs stacked like a pyramid. She looked up and there was a girl wearing a pink sweatshirt and some shorts. Min Seo saw the girl’s dense face and wondered of this sudden display in her living room.

“So Hye?” Min Seo called.

What’s with the chairs? Why are you sitting up there?” Min Seo asked.

“I want to…I want to be at the top for once.” So Hye mumbled while looking at her.

Min Seo was so confused. She thought about some things and maybe she was now dealing with a timid and dense dongsaeng. She loved to give her space but with the chairs, she had to get rid of them in her living room.

“So Hye-ah…come on down. These chairs need to go.” Min Seo said.

So Hye nodded but her limbs were shivering. Min Seo sighed, went closer, and spreads her arms.

“Come on down. Seriously, you’re not scared to climbing up yet you can’t even get yourself down.” Min Seo concluded.

So Hye held onto Min Seo’s arms tight and Min Seo challenged her own strength to carry So Hye down. She did but she felt her back crack. She tossed the pain aside and focused on So Hye.

“Why did you stack the chairs like that? And why did you sit at the very top?” Min Seo asked.

“I wanted to be on top…I wanted to be on top of everything.” So Hye said.

Min Seo thought about So Hye’s situation. Just by looking at her physically, she was really timid and lost. Now, she lets So Hye sit down and they talked. So Hye was diligent in answering them and Min Seo gave her advices to almost every situation So Hye shared, even the fact that she sat and stacked chairs. Then she placed herself on top because she wanted to be on top of the class for once.

“I’m like you too. I may be the person I am now but I was a dropout.” Min Seo shared.

“Seriously, unnie?” So Hye was shocked.

“Yeah. I studied at the most prestigious school in the world but I was a dropout. But in order to suffice my parent’s sacrifices, I studied at another school and graduated earlier. I graduated college at age 18.” Min Seo said.

So Hye wowed and clapped. But that interrupted with a rumble on So Hye’s stomach. Min Seo sighed and thought So Hye was so afraid to go down she didn’t eat the whole afternoon. Min Seo stood up and asked:

“Do you have a big appetite?” So Hye nodded and Min Seo smiled.

“Wait here. I’m going to make dinner. I’ll call you once I’m done.” Min Seo said and So Hye nodded again.

***

During the days, Min Seo got to know So Hye more. She knew about her big appetite, her likes towards penguins, and her timid nature in some circumstances. She went to school and Min Seo made sure she had everything. She would bid So Hye before she could go to her work and buy tons of food for her. Then the weekends came. So Hye was at her penguin-themed room, making something.

‘Sister’s Day…’ So Hye thought.

She was finished with something whipped up for Min Seo. It was Sisters’ Day and she thought she wanted to make something for Min Seo. She liked Min Seo so much. She loved how her unnie taught her advices, how she was patient, and how she was so caring towards her through needs and affection. And when she surfed the net, finding about this occasion, she wanted to make up for all Min Seo did for her.

*three minutes later*

So Hye went down to see Min Seo at her workspace. So Hye peeked onto the door and saw Min Seo at her desk, signing some papers.

“Unnie?”

Min Seo heard it and stopped. She faced So Hye, who was smiling to see her unnie. Min Seo smiled back and wanted to pay attention to So Hye.

“What is it?”

“Well…” So Hye came closer.

“…I saw on the internet that it was World Sisters’ Day. So, I spent the whole day making a card for you…” She added and showed a card.

Min Seo looked at it and loved it the moment she held onto it. Despite being a particular and peculiar artist, plus So Hye’s nifty yet a bit dirty handwriting, she loved it.

“I love it. Thank you, So Hye-ah.” Min Seo said and hugged her.

So Hye gleamed as she heard Min Seo’s comments. She hugged Min Seo back and Min Seo let go and got something.

“Close your eyes.” Min Seo said and So Hye obeyed.

And once So Hye closed her eyes, Min Seo got something big and something soft. She lets it be held onto So Hye’s hands and told her to open them. As So Hye saw those things, she was so happy.

“I also knew the special occasion so I saved these gifts for you. It’s the kigurimi you liked when we went to the mall. But knowing you loved penguins so much, I bought two. Also, you were having trouble sleeping because the pillow I have on your room was too small. It’s penguin-themed too.” Min Seo said.

So Hye watched the two kigurimis: a shark design and a penguin design. She also watched her new and life-sized stuffed penguin. She was so overwhelmed of her gifts that she sniffled. Min Seo went to hug her and nudged her to stop crying.

“Uljimmayo~~” Min Seo chanted.

So Hye nodded but she continued to hug Min Seo. She thanked her a lot of times. Min Seo replied and helped her to get her gifts up to her room. Then, they both went to the kitchen to eat some snacks. Min Seo got some cookies in the cupboard and shared them with So Hye.

“Do you want to watch Happy Feet 1 and 2?” Min Seo asked.

“Ne!” So Hye was enthusiastic while chewing some cookies.

Min Seo laughed. So Hye joined her as they grabbed some drinks and snacks. Knowing So Hye for having a big appetite, she made sure to give her healthier foods. So Hye sat down with the food on the table as Min Seo prepared the DVDs and the remote, of course. Min Seo sat down next to So Hye and lets So Hye take over the whole show.

“Is it okay now?” So Hye asked.

“Ne.” Min Seo replied and So Hye the devices.

***

Things have gone well with So Hye and Min Seo. So Hye got a reputation at school in which she had been Choi Min Seo’s dongsaeng. Some were envious and some were in awe of So Hye. For So Hye, she wondered of the sudden silence when she saw someone.

 “OMO~! MIN SEO-UNNIE!!!!” One of them squealed.

So Hye gulped of the name and saw her unnie. She was also greeted by some students and took pictures. So Hye saw Min Seo at the center and she wanted to go towards her and give her hug…but she was so shy…and she didn’t want to ruin her unnie’s reputation. The principal of the school went closer and was so obliged to meet her.

“Miss Choi, welcome. Kids, say your greetings.” The Principal said.

“Annyeonghaseyo~~” All the students bowed, even So Hye.

“Ne, annyeonghaseyo~” Min Seo bowed back.

“Miss Choi Min Seo is here for an important lecture at the IT Department, Medical Department and at the Accounting and Business Administration Department. She’ll be lecturing to the seniors so please make way for our guest.”

The students obeyed. Min Seo thanked everyone and ran towards her assigned buildings. The Principal told the students to go back to their businesses and they did. Her classmate came to her and held So Hye’s hand tight.

“What?” So Hye wondered.

“Come on!” Her classmate grabbed her hand and went with So Hye.

“Yah!” So Hye was confused.

“We have our accounting lecture, babo! And THE Choi Min Seo, your unnie, is the lecturer. We have to be there! Most importantly, YOU should be there.”

So Hye remembered and she gulped. She felt so happy yet nervous at the same time. Their class was still 2 hours later but with her classmate and Min Seo, she had to come and attend the lecture.

***

Min Seo finished her two lectures and it was up to her last one. She got inside the ABA building and went to the conference room, where a whole class waited for her. The students greeted and Min Seo just nodded.

“Grade 12, Section A?” Min Seo clarified and they said yes.

“Okay, before anything else…I want you to stand up and stretch those arms to the sky and soak up some energyy~”

The students obeyed. As they were done, Min Seo told a joke and they laughed so hard. Min Seo asked them if they were alright. Once they nodded, it started to get serious. Min Seo lectured all the concepts, principles, and terms the students need to learn about accounting. Min Seo was strict with some students who were not listening that she even scolded one to get out of the classroom. That student was so scared that she’d rather obey than get scolded even further. So Hye was there and she was diligent all throughout the lecture like the rest of the students…or so she thought.

***

After the lecture, So Hye was nervous as Min Seo called her. So Hye went with her and the students looked without bickering. During their walk, they talked.

“How did I do?” Min Seo asked.

“You were excellent, unnie. You are so smart.” So Hye said.

“I can’t believe you let one out of the lecture, unnie.” She added.

“She had to leave. She’s not setting a good example to the class. She’s not listening.” Min Seo said.

“Were you scared back there?” Min Seo asked again.

“At the lecture, unnie? Well…a little. I never thought you were so strict.” So Hye said her part.

“That’s my work and how I work, So Hye…which reminds me, you listen attentively. I like that. However, I haven’t seen your quiz paper during that lecture. Why didn’t you submit it a while ago?” Min Seo told her.

“I…” So Hye couldn’t say much.

“You know, it’s not an excuse to not submit it on time. When we get home, I’m going to let you submit it to me.” Min Seo said seriously.

So Hye nodded silently. Even though they were inside Min Seo’s car to go home, they were silent throughout the trip. And as they got home, Min Seo got some food for their dinner and she sets the table.  They ate silently again and ate in peace. So Hye helped fix the table as Min Seo washed the dishes. Once they finished, Min Seo called So Hye again and told her to show her quiz paper. So Hye gulped, lowered her head and gave her paper to Min Seo. Min Seo looked at the result and it hit her.

“I watched you and taught you these in advance but you got zero?” Min Seo asked.

“Unnie…I remembered all the things you taught me. I studied them all night-“

“You say you spent all night studying this? So Hye-ya…you have no impotence when you studied but when I saw this…it has triggered. This quiz looks incomplete at all. You know, I can’t assess this. You should’ve remembered and studied harder because I think you might have to do this again.” Min Seo criticized and So Hye looked so down.

“And do you think I don’t know your performance? You are in last place in ALL subjects.” Min Seo added and So Hye stooped so low.

“So Hye-ya…do you really want to be a top student?” Min Seo asked, hitting her in her epiphany.

‘I’m so embarrassed and sorry. I thought I was doing a good job but…unnie is very disappointed at me…’ So Hye was lost in her thoughts.

“Yah…what are you doing? What the f**k are you doing standing there like an idiot? I say you hurry up and take this quiz again.” Min Seo said growing a bit crossed.

So Hye couldn’t hold it anymore. She grabbed her quiz paper and tore it to shreds. Min Seo’s eyes dilated for what she has done.

“I don’t want to! I have nothing to prove and I will be a top student!!” So Hye talked back.

“Yah, I asked you to answer again not yell at me and tear your paper! Where’s your respect? Are you even doing well right now?” Min Seo raged.

So Hye lowered her head and sobbed. Min Seo gulped and felt guilty for yelling at her dongsaeng. Min Seo sighed and comforted So Hye. So Hye forced herself to let go but Min Seo was holding her tight.

“So Hye-ya…Unnie’s sorry. I didn’t mean to yell at you. I…I’m really sorry…” Min Seo apologized.

So Hye noticed Min Seo cry with her. So Hye was still hurt of Min Seo’s words but it hurts her more to see her unnie so sad. So Hye felt Min Seo let go of the hug and wiped So Hye’s tears away, not caring to wipe her own.

“Unnie…” So Hye went to wipe her unnie’s tears away.

Min Seo said her ‘sorrys’ and hugged So Hye. So Hye forgave her and hugged her tight. She never expected that attitude from Min Seo but one thing for sure is that Min Seo was a very caring unnie. And at that, she wanted her to be her unnie now.

“Unnie?” So Hye called.

“Ne?” Min Seo replied.

“Am I not going to be good enough?” So Hye asked.

“You’ll be the best, So Hye-ya. Not that I know but you WILL be.”