Is this Goodbye?

Telecom Sisters

So Mi and Mi Na froze as they heard that bang. They saw Ta Mi being electrocuted, the police already inside to check everything, including them, and there was Na Young.

“H-How did you guys end up here?!” She yelped, for a Stone, and hugged her two dongsaengs.

They faced their backs and Mi Na was the first to go insane as she pushed herself and went closer to someone.

“No…no, no, no! No!!” Mi Na held onto the person’s face.

So Mi and Na Young did the same thing, going closer to the two and nudging the person to get up.

“M-Mi Na…So Mi…Na Young-“

The three children couldn’t fathom of the sudden turn of events. They saw Ta Mi and the guard carried inside the police cars, them taken by another police car, and the person sent hastily to the hospital.

***

ES7 were running inside the hospital. Yeon Rin was running faster, going to the emergency room when a nurse stopped her.

“I’m so sorry, Yeon Rin-ssi. You can’t get in-“

“Where is she?!” Yeon Rin cried as she asked.

“She’s in critical danger. Someone has shot her in the chest. But we’ll promise that we’ll do our best to bring her back.”

Ki Nam pulled Yeon Rin back as they cried. Yeon Rin turned to the side to see Mi Na, Na Young, and So Mi.

“Unnie~” The three children cried as ES7 went to hug them tight.

“What happened?! How did you two get in here?!!”

***

Ri Rin got three hot chocloates for the children. They were at the hospital room where the patient was to be sent as Yeon Rin faced the three children, asking them of everything that had happened that day.

“I excused myself and asked Unnie permission of going at a friend’s place to make our project. My friends and I were walking and they went to the convenience store while I stayed outside. When I turned around…I was abducted by Mr. Sam.” So Mi said first.

“That bastard…” Yeon Rin muttered.

“Who’s that?” Ki Nam asked.

“A client, like Min Seo and I. That bastard had a grudge on Min Seo in terms of business purposes. Min Seo used to tell me of her progresses of her careers that I’ve heard of him. That bastard did all of this for sweet revenge,” said Yeon Rin.

“Of all children, why So Mi?” Ri Rin wondered.

“Based on what Min Seo told me, during So Mi’s time, he came in and forced So Mi to come with him. As a result, Min Seo got beaten.” Yeon Rin said.

“That time wth Sung Byul-unnie…when we saw her…is it why…she…” Mi Na stuttered, her tears flowing endlessly.

“That’s right.” Yeon Rin spoke and the children continued to cry.

“Then?” Soo Hee asked more of what happened.

“I was told to keep quiet or else I will be killed. So I obeyed him, my fear growing to the extreme. When they stopped by my house, I was fearing for the worst. Mr. Sam took my phone and I was pulled outside as I saw Mr. Sam calling what happens to be Min Seo-unnie…” So Mi wept.

“She got out and I saw her look when I was whimpering and the gun pointed at my head. In the end, Min Seo was abducted like me and they sent us to a warehouse…”

So Mi couldn’t take it, the thoughts of seeing their Unnie shot hit her. She wept as Na Young comforted the maknae.

“Mi Na…how did you manage to find them?”

++

Mi Na woke up in her room. She wondered where Min Seo could be as she got up and went back to the living room. She passed through the hallways when she stopped and hid. She took a peek and saw Min Seo. But what shocked her was of the guest outside their home: it was So Mi…and she was abducted…

“Who are you?! Let my dongsaeng go!” She heard her Unnie yell.

“You are called by Sam Ta Mi.” He saw and heard the man.

Mi Na, growing frightened of what’s happening, stepped back as she shook helplessly. She didn’t know what to do and she pictured out the consequences. She crouched and held her knees tight. As she heard the door close, she took a peek again. She crept towards the door and opened it, going outside. She saw tracks of the van that she grabbed her bike in the garage and followed the tracks.

She got to warehouse and saw the same van she had a glimpse upon on. She saw an open door and was about to get in when she saw two men, one which was the one she saw beside So Mi. She gulped, seeing So Mi on the cell. But what wrecked her heart was seeing her Min Seo-unnie tied up to a post.

*tack*

She was done for. All eyes were on her as she cursed in her thoughts of being so clumsy.

“Mi Na…run!!” Min Seo yelped.

“Mi Na-unnie, run!” So Mi yelled through the bars.

Her limbs turned to jelly as she made a run for it but the guard got her. She struggled and the guard gripped on her tight.

“Is this the sister of the Park Sung Byul, the client who made her death wish?” Ta Mi smirked.

“Don’t you dare touch her!!” Min Seo yelled, struggling onto her ropes.

“Ohohoho~ another priced sibling~” Ta Mi laughed as Mi Na cried.

“Unnie~~!!”

She saw Min Seo was losing it as she struggled. Ta Mi went closer to Min Seo again, holding the gun and aiming it at her, ready to fire.

*siren*

“What the -how did the police get in here?!!” Ta Mi was distracted as he saw red and blue from a distance.

“What do we do, boss?” The man asked.

“You stay here and watch them! Let me deal with those bastards!”

Ta Mi went outside as the man was left to watch them over. Mi Na was pulled inside the cell with So Mi and they were crying. She saw Min Seo move her foot to reach the shard and she dilated her eyes, focusing on her unnie…in which Min Seo was aware of.

“Yah!! Let me out of here, you imbecile!!” Min Seo yelled.

“Save your breath, !” The man yelled and looked outside to see his boss on a messy situation outside.

The man, distracted from what’s going on, went outside to help his boss. Min Seo got the chance and scurried to get the shard close to her hands.

“Unnie-“

“Sh!” Min Seo said as So Mi and Mi Na were forced to obey.

Min Seo slid the shard behind the post and she reaches it. She managed to release herself and she froze when the guard came back.

“Hey…I’m thirsty. Can I have some of that water?” Min Seo asked as the guard had a canteen on his hand.

“You think I’d fall for that?” He smirked.

“Seriously, dude. I need some water. My throat’s running dry.” Min Seo coughed.

Mi Na didn’t understand. She wanted to yell when So Mi shook her head, telling Mi Na to trust their Unnie.

“Can you lean back and pour some on my mouth? My hands are tied.” Min Seo spoke again.

The guard did just that…and Min Seo did her attack, pinching a nerve on the neck and punching the man hard, knocking him out cold. Min Seo crept, grabbed the keys from the man’s waist and went to cell to free her sisters.

“Unnie~” They both cried and hugged their unnie tight.

“It’s okay. You’re safe now…” Min Seo hugged them too.

*click*

“Let them go and face me.” Ta Mi came back and Min Seo did what she was told.

Ta Mi pulled her arms behind her and aimed the nozzle onto her face. Mi Na and So Mi were frozen again. Min Seo gulped as Ta Mi pulled the trigger…when So Mi made a move and kicked Ta Mi in the face.

“Woah!” Mi Na reacted.

Min Seo got the upper-hand and head-butted onto Ta Mi’s chin and punched and kicked him hard, knocking him out cold. Min Seo huffed and checked on So Mi if she was fine.

“I’m fine, unnie…” So Mi almost cried as she hugged Min Seo again.

“Unnie, I’m scared…” Mi Na cried and So Mi and Min Seo hugged her.

Min Seo hugged her sister again and dilated when she saw Ta Mi up again. He grabbed his gun and aimed it at Mi Na.

“No!” Min Seo pushed So Mi and Mi Na far enough as she protected them.

++

Mi Na broke into tears. Yeon Rin went to calm her down when she shoved herself off and got out to see the nurses heading towards her direction, skidding a peron on a bed.

“Unnie?” Mi Na went closer and confirmed that it was Min Seo.

“Unnie!!” Mi Na got to her unnie’s side as she held her hand.

Yeon Rin grabbed Mi Na and restricted her as the nurses placed the bed properly. They faced them as their head spoke to them.

“Miss Choi survived the operation. The wound on her chest aimed straight to her heart that the doctors had to seal the organ with tissue, which luckily sealed the wound.”

“Thank you…” Yeon Rin said as they bowed at them.

The nurses bowed back and left them. Mi Na and So Mi went hastily towards their unnie’s side, holding her hands gently.

“Na Young…don’t you know you did a good job today? If you didn’t call us and the police, we wouldn’t have saved Min Seo in time,” said Soo Hee.

“How did you know their location?” Ri Rin asked.

“I was up at midnight that I sensed that So Mi, Mi Na, and Min Seo-unnie are missing. I went outside, searching for some clues until I saw the tracks. I knew something was up that I called Yeon Rin-unnie first then I called the police. The police arrived too late yet I told them that my sisters were missing and that I have to find them. They helped me arrive at the warehouse…and I was too late. Now, Min Seo-unnie’s in great danger…” Na Young’s words fainted as she rushed towards Min Seo and cried a river.

The members were also in tears, Yeon Rin taking it too seriously. They were all torn seeing Min Seo like that. Despite of that, they continued to be there… hoping… praying…that somehow Min Seo would be okay.

***

It was a rainy night. ES7 were gathered around Min Seo at her hospital room, saying their prayers and watching their precious multi-talented member on comatose. Ki Nam was the first to cry after their prayer, holding Min Seo’s hand as her tears flowed out. Ri Rin followed her, her lip quivering seeing her lifeless friend and hearing the beeps that gave them signs of living. But among all of them, Yeon Rin took it the most as she quivered, leaning onto Soo Hee for comfort.

*knock*

“Yah, Soo Hee…get the door.” Ki Nam said as she comforted Yeon Rin.

The maknae nodded ans went to open the door. She wiped her tears away as she saw th eleven children.

“Soo Hee-unnie…g-good evening…” Se Jeong stuttered due to her tears as she and the rest of them greeted.

“Come in.” Soo Hee made way and they all got in.

ES7 made way, with Yeon Rin hugging the children one by one. Mi Na was quick as she went closer to Min Seo, holding her hand and her emotions broken free.

“Na Young-unnie told us everything. How is Unnie now, Yeon Rin-unnie?” Yeon Jung asked as she cried.

“She’s living…but we can’t be certain when she’ll wake up.” Yeon Rin answered.

“She’ll wake up.” Mi Na mumbled beneath her cries.

“Mi Na…”

“Unnie will wake up! We just need to wait and trust her…like we always do. Unnie…she’ll wake up again…she promised that she won’t leave us…that she won’t leave me…” Mi Na said again as she trembled.

ES7 got out and gave the eleven children their moment with their Unnie. Se Jeong went closer to Mi Na, comforting her and joining her in sorrow, just like the rest of them. So Mi couldn’t bear to watch a motionless Min Seo that she stayed by the corner.

“Unnie…I’m sorry I couldn’t get to you in time…” Na Young cried and her dongsaengs were shocked seeing their Stone unnie cry for the first time.

“Unnie…why…” Chung Ha cried, holding Min Seo’s other hand.

“Unnie…it’s only been a year since we’re together and you’re going to…” Se Jeong forced a smile but somehow she broke.

Chae Yeon and Kyul Kyung were quiet but their tears flowed endlessly as their hearts were torn. So Hye was mumbling random things, even adding curses to why Min Seo got into a dilemma like this. Yoo Jung cried the hardest as Yeon Jung and Do Yeon comfort her, the two also crying of what happened to their Unnie.

“It’s all my fault…” They heard So Mi mumble.

“Why did I have to be the reason of Unnie’s self-harm?!” So Mi raged as Chae Yeon and Chung Ha comfort their maknae.

“Listen to me, So Mi…it’s not your fault-“

“It IS my fault. If I wasn’t careless to get captured, then none of this would’ve happened! Now Unnie’s in the brink of life and death because of me!!”

Chae Yeon shushed and hugged the maknae tight. So Mi wept and they were all silent seeing her like that.

“Unnie…” They faced Mi Na this time.

“*sniff*…don’t leave us. We need you…” She spoke which brought them to more tears.

At the exit, Yeon Rin heard the cries and pleas of the children. She snickered and went to the balcony, watching the rain pour.

“Yah, Park Sung Byul…hear your dongsaeng? Don’t take Min Seo there with you…”

***

Days grew longer. Min Seo’s friends and dongsaengs went on with their normal lives but there were still changes. Yeon Rin rented an apartment building for the fifteen of them, which was close to the hospital so that the frequently visit Min Seo. As of this time, Min Seo was still in comatose, with Yeon Rin and Ki Nam watching over her as Soo Hee and Ri Rin went to Min Seo’s mansion to check the place.

“Weird…news of Min Seo didn’t spread around.” Ki Nam spoke.

“I talked to Sajangnim about that. With Sung Byul’s death as an addition, the world think we’re disbanded, which means they’d care less about us,” said Yeon Rin.

“How are the children, Yeon Rin?” Ki Nam asked.

Yeon Rin hesitated to answer. With Min Seo’s condition, she volunteered to take care of the children at her place.

“There were circumstances. Se Jeong, Yeon Jung, and Do Yeon had no problem, even Mi Na was fine by it. But there were others like So Mi and So Hye…who kind of disliked me being their unnie, saying that Min Seo was better in taking care of them.” Yeon Rin said as she wiped Min Seo’s face.

“*sigh*…and Mi Na?”

“Mi Na isn’t herself lately. She felt weaker than the time she lost Sung Byul.” Yeon Rin said again.

Se Jeong, Mi Na, and So Hye got inside the room, shocking Yeon Rin and Ki Nam for their sudden arrival.

“What are you…”

“It’s Mi Na…” Se Jeong said.

Mi Na didn’t say anything but went closer to Min Seo again. Ki Nam asked for the other two’s sudden arrival.

“We want to see Min Seo-unnie,” said So Hye.

“And we wanted to stop Mi Na because she ditched her classes to come here,” said Se Jeong.

“Huh? Why-“

“Don’t.” Yeon Rin stopped Ki Nam from scolding Mi Na.

Yeon Rin lets So Hye and Se Jeong sit beside Min Seo as Mi Na continued to hold Min Seo’s hand and kissing it. Yeon Rin wondered of this act as she explained to the two.

“Mi Na was a substitute to your fellow child that was adopted during the selection. I know for I’m a client like Min Seo. You see, Mi Na had a sister named Sung Byul, in which she loved so much…” Yeon Rin showed a picture of Sung Byul to the two.

“Sung Byul was like Min Seo, sweet and caring, especially to Mi Na here…” She added, patting Mi Na’s head.

“But when Sung Byul faced cancer, it took her life. Mi Na was torn. Based on what I knew about the ten of you, you were abandoned by your families yet some faced losing them like Kyul Kyung.”

“But Mi Na’s different. You were aware of loss and abandonment but she isn’t. For her, losing her sister in a flash lost her of her senses…and Min Seo brought it back to her, like how she did to the rest of you.” Ki Nam joined in.

“For Mi Na, she lost her sister, her only family…and it would break her heart and ours if she loses Min Seo too…for she’s the only one Mi Na has now…” Yeon Rin said, tearing up again.

Mi Na looked up and hugged her unnie. Se Jeong and So Hye couldn’t hold their tears on what Mi Na had to feel. They went closer, comforting Mi Na all while checking on their unnie. Se Jeong’s hands caressed Min Seo’s cheek as So Hye held Min Seo’s other hand.

“Mi Na…you need to go. You still have classes-“

“No. Don’t force me to go. I won’t forgive you if you let me go back and not see Min Seo-unnie again…” Mi Na cried, interrupting So Hye.

“Mi Na…Min Seo-unnie wouldn’t like to see you like this-us too. Like what you said last month, we need to trust her. She’ll wake up.” Se Jeong said.

“I’m not so sure anymore. It’s been months since she’s in comatose. I knew I had to be strong like you guys…for Unnie…but it pains me not to see her alive, not to see her bug us, take care of us, even play with us. I wanted to see her, hoping that she’ll wake up. I know I’m being selfish again but I…I want us to see our Unnie wake up and I’m just scared…I’m scared of losing her. I can’t bear myself to lose her. I don’t want her to end up like Sung Byul-unnie…” Mi Na wept.

“We know, we know…but you have to go to school, you have to…” Se Jeong spoke through her tears as she forces Mi Na to let go.

Mi Na said her ‘no’s as Se Jeong and So Hye force her to let go of Min Seo’s hand. Mi Na screamed and struggled, not wanting to leave Min Seo’s side. But then, she had to. She had to be strong again. She can’t think that this is goodbye for Min Seo…