My Relaxation and My Diversion

Telecom Sisters

*groan*

Min Seo saw a ceiling fan. She groaned again and got up when someone pushed her down. Min Seo checked everywhere until she saw a familiar face.

“Min Seo-unnie…” The person called.

Min Seo squinted and adjusted her vision. Her vision got clearer as she saw Mi Na. Min Seo checked the surroundings again and she saw her hand with an IV drip. Min Seo got up quickly and she groaned. Mi Na held onto her, stopping her from moving.

“Unnie, you’re hurt. Don’t move too much…” Mi Na said.

Then, Sung Byul came through the door and rushed to hug her friend. Min Seo wondered what was going on as she gave a confused face to the sisters.

“Min Seo…we’re so relieved you’re fine…” Sung Byul joined with Mi Na in comforting their friend.

“Sung Byul…how did I get here?” Min Seo asked.

“We came in to see how you were doing. I knocked onto your door several times but you didn’t answer. So I typed your code at the door. And when we opened to door, you were motionless, blood covering almost half of your face.” Sung Byul said and it broke her heart.

“And then, we carried and took you here at the hospital, unnie. We were really worried. What happened, unnie?” Mi Na said her part.

“It’s a long story. Anyways…thank you both so much…” Min Seo said, patting Sung Byul’s shoulders and petting Mi Na’s head.

“It’s nothing, Min Seo.” Sung Byul said.

“We’ll always be here for you, unnie.” Mi Na said, hugging her.

Min Seo nodded and hugged Mi Na back. She was Sung Byul and she cried silently. Min Seo understood her and suddenly lets go of Mi Na. Mi Na faced her Sung Byul-unnie and wondered why she was crying.

“Aigoo…it’s because of your Min Seo-unnie. Look how you made me worry, Min Seo.” Sung Byul mumbled.

“Sorry.” Min Seo apologized.

And then there was laughter. Min Seo took it the most but she stopped when she felt her gut hurt. Sung Byul and Mi Na went closer and Min Seo winced while holding her gut. They were there to keep an eye on her until she can be released.

A few days after the incident, Min Seo lived the usual life. With work on her life, it was a bit easier to forget some things. She goes out by day and comes back home at night. Min Seo checked her mail and noticed that there was a notice from SK Company.

“Huh? Overdue?!!”

Min Seo clicked the message and got a notification, saying she has overdue balance of over 100000 Won. Min Seo grumbled and decided to call the company.

“This is Choi Min Seo. I would like to ask about my balance. How can it be overdue when I pay my bills on time and I have a discount because of the insurance promo?” Min Seo asked.

~Miss Min Seo, I hate to be in trouble for this but someone by the name of Mr. Sam has filed a complaint against the company. And the price to cancel it was to charge user Choi Min Seo~

“Thank you for your honesty. I’ll send in my check now. But seriously though, is there any way I can reduce it through the promo?” She asked again.

~There is, Miss Min Seo. All you have to do is engage the promo once again, picking another child from the insurance company~

“Okay. Thank you.” Min Seo hung up.

Min Seo sighed and grabbed the box. She wondered who to pick next and was reminded of So Mi’s card. She went to take a look at it again. Memories came in but she was more focused on the peculiar side of the card.

“Damn…I’m getting goosebumps.” Min Seo mumbled.

Min Seo noticed excess paper by the label. Min Seo grabbed it and pulled it off, showing another characteristic of the card.

“Bankrupt. Once you chose this card, there will be charges on your account.” Min Seo read.

“What?!! Bankrupt!! ‘teolteoli’ meant this kind of ‘teolteoli’?!!” Min Seo yelled as she remembered the incident.

Min Seo ranted and threw the fake sticker away. She huffed her breath. She couldn’t throw the card because her moments with So Mi meant everything. She sighed and kept her card next to So Hye’s. She went back to the remaining cards and picked a blue one.

“Kim Chung Ha…Relaxation.” Min Seo read.

Min Seo decided and typed the same instructions with the same phone. As she finished, she decided to rest for a bit.

*RING*

Min Seo woke up and decided to answer the door. As she opened, there was a girl wearing sportswear and carrying a sports bag. She was also holding her phone by .

“Kim Chung Ha?” Min Seo asked.

Chung Ha gasped and bowed to Min Seo a lot of times. Min Seo bowed back and motioned her to come in. Chung Ha nodded and went inside, wowing of Min Seo’s beautiful home.

“Hello, unnie. Wow. This is one big home you have,” said Chung Ha.

“Thanks. I get that a lot. Come on. I’ll show you your room.” Min Seo said and Chung Ha followed.

“Okay. Are you hungry? How about I make you something to eat-“

“No, no, no, no…it’s fine, unnie. I just ate.” Chung Ha said bowing to Min Seo again.

“Are you sure?” Min Seo asked and Chung Ha just nodded.

“Okay. You must be tired. I’ll let you rest.” Min Seo said.

“Okay, unnie. Good night.” Chung Ha said.

“Good night.” Min Seo said and closed the door.

Min Seo went down and she never felt relaxed her whole life. For Chung Ha’s case, Min Seo found it a bit awkward. Chung Ha was like a typical child and wondered what was so special about her. She was expecting some weird characteristic from Chung Ha but as she observed, it was all going well. With just her normal approach, she was relaxed.

‘Maybe that’s what it was,’ she thought.

Min Seo yawned and decided to turn early as well. She went upstairs to check on Chung Ha but she was already asleep. Min Seo left her to sleep in peace and went to her room to sleep as well.

The next day, Min Seo prepared breakfast for Chung Ha and herself. She called for the child to eat and she diligently went to the kitchen to eat with Min Seo. While eating, Min Seo talked to her about almost anything. Chung Ha answered typically, especially when the topic tackled on dancing. She was impressed that Min Seo was a dancer like her but Min Seo still felt something was missing. For her, everything was going so well so far. Chung Ha had something on her hand: a Ziploc filled with sweet potatoes. She grabbed one from the bag and gave Min Seo a piece. Min Seo ate and she found it so good.

“What’s this, Chung Ha?” Min Seo asked while chewing.

“It’s dried sweet potatoes, unnie. I really like this stuff. Back at the company, I let the rest of the children have a taste of this and its really good,” said Chung Ha.

“Well, I do like sweet potatoes. Where did you get this stuff?” Min Seo asked again, getting another one from the bag.

”I bought them at the local market. It’s my snack whenever I get hungry.” Chung Ha answered.

“Do you always have this as a snack?” Min Seo asked for the third time and Chung Ha nods.

“You should try some granola bars too. If it concerns your health, sweet potatoes are a good choice but you also have to try other healthy snacks,” suggested Min Seo.

“Do you have some, unnie?” Chung Ha asked.

“Yeah. It’s almond flavor. They’re at the cupboard. You can get some anytime.” Min Seo said.

“Ah, there’s some stuck on my teeth.” Min Seo mumbled as she tries to get if off using her tongue.

“That’s the charm, unnie.” Chung Ha said.

“The chewiness?” Min Seo raised an eyebrow.

“Like…you take if off your teeth and taste it a little longer.” Chung Ha remarked, making Min Seo laugh a bit.

“That sounded ridiculous.” Chung Ha mumbled.

Min Seo chuckled and it went awkward again. Chung Ha went on to her room and Min Seo was at the living room, getting a little lonely. Min Seo thought about the person she picked but she couldn’t help but feel a little diverted towards Chung Ha.

Days went on and Min Seo felt that she became distant towards Chung Ha. Whenever she got home, Chung Ha wasn’t there. She wondered of what the girl is doing at this hour and decided to call her.

“Chung Ha? Where are you? Why aren’t you home yet?” Min Seo asked.

~I’m at the studio, unnie. I’m training.~

“Okay. Text me if you’re coming home soon. I’ll work while I wait, okay?” Min Seo said.

~Ne, unnie.~

­Min Seo hung up and continued to ponder about Chung Ha. How could it be so awkward when they’re together at one house. Chung Ha was different from the other children she took care of.

‘Why???’ Min Seo thought.

Min Seo got a call from Sung Byul, telling her that she is going to be training novices with her. She checked her schedules and agreed to it. A few minutes after the call, she arrived at the studio. Sung Byul called her with the directions and as she got inside the studio, she saw 90’s kids.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Min Seo-san.” They bowed.

“Yes, hello.” Min Seo bowed.

She eyed the children joining. She saw MI Na and some from the promo but one person she didn’t expect was…

“Hello, unnie.” Chung Ha bowed.

“Hello, Chung Ha. So this is where  you’ve been almost every day.” Min Seo said and they all smiled.

Sung Byul and Min Seo started teaching the kids. They all obeyed and cooperated so well throughout the lesson. As they were through, they conducted a showdown. Sung Byul invited other senior dancers and grouped themselves against the children. The showdown was a blast as senior dancers compete with novices.

“Min Seo~!!” The seniors cheered.

Min Seo walked slowly and danced at the center. The kids wowed, even Chung Ha. She was so heart-struck seeing her unnie dance for the first time. But she also wanted to challenge herself. She went to the center and competed against her unnie. Min Seo wowed of Chung Ha this time, seeing her as a professional dancer than a beginner. Min Seo liked her skills and she was surprised when Chung Ha finished by pouncing towards her for a hug.

“Min Seo-unnie…” Chung Ha mumbled cutely.

Chung Ha lets go and came back to her team. Min Seo and Chung Ha watched more competitors and had a blast all throughout the showdown.

Afterwards, the children she previously took care of, together with Chung Ha, had a chance to talk to their unnie. But sometimes, good things have a limit. The rest of them became distant as they saw their new relatives. Chung Ha knew it would happen to her in the next month.

“Come on.” Min Seo said.

Chung Ha nodded and boarded in her car. She sat next to her unnie as she drove them back home.

“Unnie.” Chung Ha called and Min Seo responded with a hum.

“Have you ever been lonely whenever my dongsaengs and unnie are given to new families?” Chung Ha asked.

“Yeah. But that’s the change I have to get used to. It’s a promo after all.” Min Seo said.

“Did any of their sisterly love mean anything to you?” She asked Min Seo again.

“It did, Chung Ha. It took me almost every night to think about it.” Min Seo answered.

“Will you ever do the same for me?” Chung Ha asked as they stopped by their gate.

“How could you ask that?” Min Seo asked.

“Because despite that you divert your thought because of me, you seem to be relaxed. Aren’t you going to miss me when I’m gone?” Chung Ha asked harshly.

“That triggered because of you, Chung Ha. Your card says so.” Min Seo finished.

She opened the door for Chung Ha and she ran inside. Min Seo sighed as she drove to the garage. As she got her car parked, she thought about what Chung Ha said back there. She had to be relaxed for the telecom’s reason…but something in her thought said she was missing something…and she only has two more weeks to answer that.

The start of the two weeks came. Min Seo signed a temporary leave to her works in order to be there for Chung Ha. She started off on the first day, only to see that Chung Ha wasn’t around. As she got towards the living room, she saw a note.

“I’m off to jog at the park, unnie.” – Chung Ha.

Min Seo smirked and decided to catch up to her dongsaeng. She changed onto her sportswear, secured her entire home and jogged towards a nearby park. As she ran, she eyed various people. She saw a familiar girl by a stairway and went closer to that girl. As she saw the girl, she called her.

“Chung Ha.”

“Huh? Min Seo-unnie.” Chung Ha was shocked.

Chung Ha bowed at Min Seo and held onto her ankle. Min Seo saw that and decided to mend her dongsaeng’s ankle. Chung Ha winced a bit and watched her unnie curing her cramp.

“There you are. You forgot to stretch. I forgot to do it too. How about you walk with me?” Min Seo lent a hand.

Chung Ha nodded timidly and held onto her unnie’s hand. Min Seo guided her and walked with her slowly. Chung Ha stole glances at her unnie and she was intrigued of her. Chung Ha saw some street performers and pulled Min Seo’s arm a little, making Min Seo stop.

“Daebak~~” Chung Ha was intrigued again.

Min Seo looked at what she was seeing and found the performers cool. Chung Ha liked them too and she was smiling. Min Seo looked at Chung Ha and she smiled lightly. They continued to watch until one of them pointed at Min Seo. They encouraged her to perform with them but she didn’t want to.

“Go, unnie~~” Chung Ha cheered.

With Chung Ha rooting for her, she couldn’t say no. She came in front and danced. The people were in awe and cheered for her, especially Chung Ha. Once it was over, the crowd applauded. Chung Ha went to Min Seo and hugged her. One of the performers gave something to Min Seo.

“We’re a fundraiser in which we engage the public to dance and be applauded by the crowd. It’s your prize for winning our surprise offer. You have made the crowd applaud for the first time.” He said.

“Omo-two pairs of shoes!!” Chung Ha was in awe as she opened the bag.

“Ah, really? Thank you so much~” Min Seo bowed.

Min Seo and Chung Ha thanked them and went on their way, walking slowly again. Chung Ha grabbed onto her unnie’s and leaned onto her while they walked. Min Seo chuckled and she and Chung Ha decided to head back home.

 During the past weeks, Min Seo and Chung Ha gotten really close. Due to that factor, Chung Ha always had that cute expression every time she’s with Min Seo like she says incomplete sentences and adds a cute dance and a little beat to it. Min Seo was bothered by it at first but as the hours ticked, she didn’t mind of it anymore. Actually, she found it really cute.

“Let’s dance at your practice room, unnie.” Chung Ha said, holding Min Seo’s hands.

“Sure.” Min Seo agreed.

“Let’s wear the shoes you won at the park,” said Chung Ha.

Min Seo nodded and went to grab them. As she got to the practice room, she saw Chung Ha holding up two identical sweatshirts and two pairs of joggers. Min Seo thought it was really turning out well. As they changed and set the camera for their dance cover, Min Seo set the timer and went to her position. They danced perfectly, managing to shoot the video once. Chung Ha grabbed the camera and told Min Seo to dance for her. Min Seo agreed, turned up the music, and danced so gracefully. Chung Ha watched as the dance created a certain impact. And with the song’s message, she cried as the dance ended. Min Seo sighed and went to comfort her.

 “I don’t want to wake up in a new world without you, unnie. I don’t need a little more time and love. I want all the time and love. I want to stay with you and be your dongsaeng.” Chung Ha mumbled as she hugged Min Seo tight.

Min Seo hugged her back. She loved all the children as her younger sisters…just like how she loved Chung Ha.

When she was at work, some male employees were laughing and talking about a night club. But the thing that rang her senses was…

“There’s this one dancer that I really like. Her name’s Kim Chung Ha.”

She broke her pen as she heard it. She took the time to always be in track with those men. She drove towards the night club they were talking about. Min Seo hopped off once the men did and followed them. Min Seo thought about Chung Ha’s whereabouts, wondering why she was always going home at midnight. She also thought about why she was gone whenever she wakes up. She didn’t mind about that at first. Chung Ha was responsible and Min Seo respected her space. But when she heard the unexpected, she thought she regretted of trusting her to go out by herself. Min Seo picked her seat in front of the stage and watched the performance. Min Seo looked again and saw Chung Ha. Chung Ha was embracing herself in her trance of dancing. Min Seo saw her dedication on dancing. She could’ve let her in any entertainment label to harness that talent but this? She thought she’s seeing Chung Ha ruining not only her image, but her dignity as a woman. The dance ended and Chung Ha froze as she saw Min Seo. Another intermission was on yet she still froze. Min Seo heard the manager yelling at Chung Ha for not dancing. The customers were booing as the other performers went to her and they argued. Despite of that, they were at the back of their game. One of the performers targeted Min Seo. Min Seo lets her do her thing without showing any reaction as if the girl was dancing at a brick wall. Another barged in and pushed the first girl away. It resulted to a fight. The third one came in and danced in front of Min Seo. Chung Ha felt a sudden urge of jealousy that she pushed the girl away from Min Seo’s sight and joined in the argument. Bouncers were breaking the girls apart from their little fight as Min Seo stood up and grabbed Chung Ha’s arm, dragging her to a private sector.

“Explain yourself, Chung Ha. How did it come to this?” Min Seo asked.

Chung Ha could only cry. She reached to Min Seo’s hand when Min Seo backed away. Chung Ha grabbed her arms and wrapped her own arms around Min Seo.

“I wanted to move on quickly. I had to distract myself away from you so that I won’t feel bad about myself of leaving you and be transferred to another family. You were relaxed when you saw me I thought you didn’t care if I leave.”

“How can I not care, Chung Ha? I don’t know what to think anymore. I never thought you could do this…” Min Seo broke, making Chung Ha shudder.

Min Seo felt so disappointed. She felt so irresponsible and doubtful that she broke, crying. Chung Ha gave her tranquility but somehow, it diverted her and suddenly changed her.

“Unnie…I’m so sorry. I never meant to hurt you. I never meant to be blind of all the things you’ve done for me. Unnie…” Chung Ha apologized as her tears didn’t stop.

Min Seo lets herself go. She took off her jacket and wore it on Chung Ha. Min Seo motioned her to follow and Chung Ha obeyed. Min Seo talked with the manager, paid him up front in exchange for Chung Ha, and they went home. Chung Ha was so guilty. She didn’t mean to hurt her. She was scared to get hurt not realizing that Min Seo indeed cared for her. Did she really care for Min Seo? Not only she cared for her…she loved her unnie so much.

Midnight came and Chung Ha woke up, going to Min Seo’s room to sleep with her. She remembered that she will be transferred later and she wanted to apologize to Min Seo in secret. Chung Ha was hurt of seeing her. She wiped her unnie’s tears and held her face. She scooted next to her and laid next to her, facing her.

“It’s me, unnie. I’ll be transferred later. I’m so sorry for lying to you, unnie. I didn’t mean to hurt you and I never wanted to hurt you. But to the least, I hope you pick me. Even if I have a new family, I will always be your dongsaeng. I pray that you will always remember that. I love you, Min Seo-unnie.” Chung Ha hugged her and slept with her for the first and last time.