Expect the Unexpected

Telecom Sisters

Mi Na was at the living room with a distressed look on her face. She was face to face with other ten children. She knew Chung Ha, Na Young, Yeon Jung, Do Yeon, Yoo Jung, and So Hye yet she was still intrigued to why they were at the mansion, let alone the rest of unknown faces.

“Unnie…what’s going on?” Mi Na asked for the umpteenth time.

“Didn’t you hear Unnie? She adopted all of us, Mi Na-ya,” said So Hye.

“Yeah. We’ll be living together, like a real family,” said Na Young.

“She’s right, Mi Na-ya. Don’t you want to have siblings? Do you no want So Hye here to be your sister?” Min Seo asked.

“I do~” Mi Na whined and the rest of the children find her so cute.

“If you’re worried about favoritism, that won’t happen in this family,” said Min Seo.

“Listen…I adopted you all because I love you evenly and as you are. You all have equal rights with me. However, regular principles will also be implemented. I adopted you all because I don’t want to be biased, okay? Remember…I’m your unnie and I love you all no matter what…”

They all cried. Min Seo couldn’t hold back her tears as well as they hugged their unnie one by one. Not only that, some of the children interacted with each other. Mi Na interacted with the children she knew and got to know the unknown faces for Min Seo.

“Alright…who’s hungry?” Min Seo asked as all of them raised their hands, especially So Mi and Mi Na.

Min Seo asked for what they want to eat and she lists them. She called for delivery service and faced her dongsaengs again, seeing them getting along. They had their talks and Min Seo was ecstatic to have her dream into reality.

***

With eleven siblings at her disposal, Min Seo made some renovations with her mansion. She had three spare rooms, including that one room for the promo last time. She added beds, pillows, closets, even a bathroom per room. She even had to drag Yeon Rin and the rest of ES7 along with her little surprise for the children.

“No wonder you weren’t at work.” Ki Nam said, helping Yeon Rin carry a bed inside.

“I had to do this. I felt guilty they had to share one room yesterday. Mind me if I forgot to prepare,” said Min Seo.

“We’re messing with you, Min Seo. This is acutally cute of you,” said Soo Hee.

“’Kay…” Min Seo laughed.

The eleven children came back from school. Na Young, being the eldest of the eleven, knew the code to the door. She typed it and all of them went inside. Mi Na went to the dining area and wowed for it was new with twelve seats. Not only that, the table has a lot of covered food.

“I’m hungry~” Chae Yeon said.

“I want to eat now~” Yoo Jung cooed.

“Let’s wait for Min Seo-unnie,” said Chung Ha.

The dongsaeng line went to put their stuff on their room. Yeon Jung got to the room first but she gasped seeing a sign.

“What? Maintenance?” Yeon Jung wondered.

“Look~ arrows~” So Mi pointed.

They followed the arrows pasted on the walls until it lead them to four rooms. They were aware of one room, which was Min Seo’s room. The rest of them checked the three other rooms, seeing their names.

“Yah!” The unnie line rushed, following their dongsaengs.

“OMO- we have our rooms~” Se Jeong cheered.

“Thank goodness. The last room was crammy for eleven of us,” said Kyul Kyung.

“We even have corresponding roommates.” Do Yeon said, checking the names.

Na Young * Chae Yeon * Chung Ha * Se Jeong

So Hye * Mi Na * So Mi * Kyul Kyung

Do Yeon * Yoo Jung * Yeon Jung

“Woah…Min Seo-unnie’s good at selecting,” said Na Young.

“I love the arrangement! We should go inside~” Chung Ha cheered.

The children went inside their respective rooms and they wowed of the place. Each of their areas were designed and they all loved it. They puts their bags down, exited the rooms, and Mi Na made the notion to knock on Min Seo’s door.

“Unnie~” She called.

The door opened, the children seeing Min Seo, looking tired, her hair disheveled and she was wearing a panda kigurimi. They all squealed for their unnie, finding her adorable.

“Omo-you arrived. Aigoo…sorry for not welcoming you home.” Min Seo yawned.

“Did you renovate those rooms for us, unnie?” Mi Na asked, her arms wrapped around Min Seo.

“Ne. I got Unnie’s friends to help me. I hope you’ll feel comfortable,” said Min Seo.

“We love it so much, Unnie~” Se Jeong got her turn and hugged her unnie too.

They thanked Min Seo and did a group hug around their unnie. Min Seo hugged back and the cute moment was interrupted because of Chae Yeon’s growling stomach.

“Mianhe…I’m so hungry.” Chae Yeon pouted.

“Alright. Let’s eat.” Min Seo said, fixing her hair.

The dongsaeng line, except for Mi Na, went ahead and were very active. The unnie line followed, walking and watching the little yet cute rascals. Mi Na was by Min Seo’s side, holding her hand and intertwining their fingers.

“Gomawo, unnie…for everything…” Mi Na said.

“Anything for my dongsaengs, Mi Na-ya.” Min Seo smiled.

“I love you, unnie.” Mi Na said.

“I love you, too. I love all of you…” Min Seo answered.

They got to the dining area and they sat down peacefully. Mi Na got to sit next to So Hye and Min Seo sat at the center, facing Na Young, the rest of the children on her side.

“Thank you for the meal!” Min Seo said as the children joined her as they started to eat.

***

A year passed. Min Seo took care of the children well, just as she promised to the children, to the clients that trusted her, and to herself. There were times that the children argue and that Min Seo scolded them but despite of those problems, Min Seo made sure to resolve them and their sisterhood.

“Unnie?” Min Seo looked back and there was Na Young.

“Yes, Na Young?” Min Seo wondered and entertained her dongsaeng.

“Sorry if we’re sometimes a burden. I talked with the unnie line about it. We’ll help you take care of the dongsaengs, unnie. And being the eldest, I will help you manage them,” said Na Young.

“Okay. Thank you, Na Young.” Min Seo smiled.

Na Young went closer to Min Seo. She wrapped her arms around her waist and kissed her unnie’s cheek. Then, Na Young hugged her unnie tight as Min Seo hugged back.

“You’re the best, unnie,” said Na Young.

“Thank you…” Min Seo said.

“I love you, unnie.” Na Young spoke.

“Unnie loves you too…”

***

The children were living normal lives without facing obscurity on their status as orphans. For them, it didn’t matter anymore. Min Seo adopted them all and loved them. Not only that, they were family. It’s the most beautiful thing that mattered to them now…until one day…

“Where’s So Mi?” Na Young asked, doing a head count.

“She said she’ll be late coming because of a project,” said So Hye.

“Why isn’t she texting? Aish…” Se Jeong cussed.

“Wait…Min Seo-unnie said tha So Mi texted her that she’ll be coming late.” Chae Yeon said, showing the message to everyone.

“Alright. Come on. Let’s go home.” Na Young said they aboard their van.

“Thanks for the lift, Ki Nam.” Min Seo said.

“It’s nothing. The children’s safety is a number one priority,” said Ki Nam.

“Thank you, Ki Nam-unnie.” The children bowed, thanking the dancer.

“You’re welcome, children. You better pay me for this, Min Seo.” Ki Nam spoke.

“Alright. I got your ticket to the Philippines here.” Min Seo winked.

“Sweet~! See you soon.” Ki Nam said, starting the van and it sped off.

Min Seo watched the van speed off from a distance as the children went inside. Mi Na, being the closest to Min Seo, stayed with her and they went in together. Min Seo checked the place to see the children heading straight to their rooms, with Mi Na sitting by the couch.

“Mi Na…you should sleep now. It’s late. I’ll stay and wait for So Mi,” said Min Seo.

“But I can’t sleep when you aren’t sleeping yet. Can I stay by your side again…pleaaase?”

Min Seo couldn’t argue and nodded. Min Seo laid by the couch and Mi Na joined her. Min Seo decided to sit up and Mi Na cradled onto Min Seo’s lap. They were by the door, waiting for So Mi to come home.

*three hours later*

Mi Na fell asleep in Min Seo’s arms. Min Seo was getting worried that she called her members, the police she knew, and So Mi herself.

“We’ll look for her, “ said Yeon Rin.

“Don’t worry, Miss Choi. We’ll search for Miss Jeon now,” said Jun Ji, a police officer who happened to be her friend.

But for So Mi, she wasn’t answering. She cussed quietly as she carried Mi Na towards her room to tuck her to sleep. Once she managed to tuck her to bed, she went back by the door, greeted by a ring on her phone. It was So Mi.

“Hello-“

“Open your door.” Min Seo’s eyes dilated as a different voice answered So Mi’s phone.

Min Seo grabbed a dagger under her table and hid it by her waist. She crept towards the door and opened it gently. As Min Seo saw a familiar face, she opened it and gasped of what she saw.

“*sniff*…Min Seo-unnie…” It was awhimpering So Mi…and a gun was pointed at her head.

“Who are you?! Let my dongsaeng go!” Min Seo got her dagger out and pointed it at the man’s neck.

“You are called by Sam Ta Mi.” The man pointed by the van.

*ring*

Min Seo checked her phone and So Mi’s name flashed on the screen. Min Seo gulped as she answered it.

“Hello?”

“Good evening, Miss Choi. I’ve come back for a compromise. I would like you to bring the children outside-“

“No.” Min Seo spoke sternly.

“Okay…how about…I have Jeon So Mi-“

“What the actual ? Didn’t the maknae loathe you? You think she’d want to come live with you and would you think I’d let you?” Min Seo asked, her anger raising to new heights.

“What will it be? I’ll let the children go an let them sleep peacefully…and I have Jeon So Mi. Refuse and I’ll let my guard pull the trigger. Agree and come with us-and don’t dare call the police!”

He hung up. Min Seo snickered and it pains her seeing So Mi cowering again. Min Seo held So Mi’s hand as So Mi gripped for dear life. Min Seo gave a nod as the gun was now pointed at her. So Mi whimpered but Min Seo shushed her. They got inside the van as Min Seo faced Ta Mi.

“Are you women like this? Doing all they can for their loved ones…even meeting death?”

“What do you want?!” Min Seo raged.

“It’s simple. I want the children.” Ta Mi smirked.

“Well you won’t have them. The telecom company decided already. And even if you pay them up front, I’ll challenge you and you’ll end up losing to me,” said Min Seo.

“I know that, Miss Min Seo…which is why I want one of them. Technically, I want So Mi here.” He pointed at a crying So Mi.

“And knowing you’d refuse even if I say so…I had to do it the hard way. Who knew it was such a easy thing?”

”Unnie~!” So Mi cried and Ta Mi points a gun at her again.

“Don’t. You. Dare!” Min Seo snickered, making Ta Mi stop.

They arrived at a warehouse. Ta Mi got down, pulling So Mi hard but not rough enough for Min Seo to yell at him again. Min Seo was pulled by the guard, adding a punch and kick on her gut along the way, making the maknae cringe and cry hard. So Mi was placed inside a cell as Min Seo was tied to a post. Ta Mi sat on a recliner as the guard was on his side.

“So…” Ta Mi poured himself some beer.

“…have you wondered why I’m threatening you now?” He asked as Min Seo looked at him with deadly eyes.

“You are the wealthiest woman in all of Korea. You may be humble about it but your wealth made me cringe. I loathe entrepreneurs who dominate the business world. You even had to steal my shares and lessened my earnings.”

“I had to do that. You were running a business on tobacco plants. I mean, come on. The lot I had to win over and put up was built for the homeless. I take down business that waste the economy and make one for the better good.” Min Seo said to him.

“And that’s the second thing. You ruin plans-you ruin opportunities, which made me want to crush you into your game! I thought if I destroyed you the moment I saw you, I would be ruining my precious plan…and this was it, Miss Min Seo…the great and powerful plan.”

“If this is about business, why involve the children, especially So Mi?!” Min Seo asked loudly, getting a punch from the guard and a cry from So Mi.

“I got access to your resume’ in SK Telecom and you were so eager to take care of the children. Second, your will when you wanted to convince the clients of your compromise made me conclude that the children are a templar of your good-will. So…I did the hard way that you have to deal this dilemma…involving the one’s you care most. Now, why So Mi? I have a on the girl. I’ll let the rest of them go but…I’ll take So Mi…then dispose of you.” Ta Mi finished as he got a gun.

“No!!” So Mi clanked the bars, forcing herself to get out.

Ta Mi kicked Min Seo’s face, her bottom lip scraped. So Mi cried for her unnie and with every cry, Min Seo gets hit. So Mi couldn’t bear to see her unnie beaten to a pulp that she cried silently.

“So Mi…” Min Seo huffed as Ta Mi intends to pull the trigger.

*tack*

Ta Mi and the guard faced what was the noise. Min Seo saw a person, her eyes dilated as she struggled.

“Who are you, little one?” Ta Mi asked.

“Mi Na…run!!” Min Seo yelped.

“Mi Na-unnie, run!” So Mi yelled through the bars.

Mi Na’s limbs turned to jelly as she saw So Mi and Min Seo. She made a run for it but the guard got her. She struggled and the guard gripped on her tight.

“Is this the sister of the Park Sung Byul, the client who made her death wish?” Ta Mi smirked.

“Don’t you dare touch her!!” Min Seo yelled, struggling onto her ropes.

“Ohohoho~ another priced sibling~” Ta Mi laughed as Mi Na cried.

“Unnie~~!!”

Min Seo was losing it as she struggled. She saw her dagger on the guard’s waist and wondered how to get out. Ta Mi went closer to Min Seo again, holding the gun and aiming it at her, ready to fire.

*siren*

“What the -how did the police get in here?!!” Ta Mi was distracted as he saw red and blue from a distance.

“What do we do, boss?” The man asked.

“You stay here and watch them! Let me deal with those bastards!”

Ta Mi went outside as the man was left to watch them over. Min Seo gulped but she saw a glass shard by her foot. She looked and waited for the guard to face her sisters. Mi Na was pulled inside the cell with So Mi and they were crying. Min Seo moved her foot to reach the shard when Mi Na dilated her eyes, focusing on her unnie.

“Yah!! Let me out of here, you imbecile!!” Min Seo yelled.

“Save your breath, !” The man yelled and looked outside to see his boss on a messy situation outside.

The man, distracted from what’s going on, went outside to help his boss. Min Seo got the chance and scurried to get the shard close to her hands.

“Unnie-“

“Sh!” Min Seo said as So Mi and Mi Na were forced to obey.

Min Seo slid the shard behind the post and she reaches it. She returned to her original position as her hands got busy in getting the ropes off of her wrists. She managed to release herself and she froze when the guard came back.

“Hey…I’m thirsty. Can I have some of that water?” Min Seo asked as the guard had a canteen on his hand.

“You think I’d fall for that?” He smirked.

“Seriously, dude. I need some water. My throat’s running dry.” Min Seo coughed.

Mi Na didn’t understand. She wanted to yell when So Mi shook her head, telling Mi Na to trust their Unnie. The guard raised an eyebrow but he went closer to the girl.

“Can you lean back and pour some on my mouth? My hands are tied.” Min Seo spoke again.

The guard did just that…and Min Seo did her attack, pinching a nerve on the neck and punching the man hard, knocking him out cold. Min Seo crept, grabbed the keys from the man’s waist and went to cell to free her sisters.

“Unnie~” They both cried and hugged their unnie tight.

“It’s okay. You’re safe now…” Min Seo hugged them too.

*click*

“Let them go and face me.” Ta Mi came back and Min Seo did what she was told.

Ta Mi pulled her arms behind her and aimed the nozzle onto her face. Mi Na and So Mi were frozen again. Min Seo gulped as Ta Mi pulled the trigger…when So Mi made a move and kicked Ta Mi in the face.

“Woah!” Mi Na reacted.

Min Seo got the upper-hand and head-butted onto Ta Mi’s chin and punched and kicked him hard, knocking him out cold. Min Seo huffed and checked on So Mi if she was fine.

“I’m fine, unnie…” So Mi almost cried as she hugged Min Seo again.

“Unnie, I’m scared…” Mi Na cried and So Mi and Min Seo hugged her.

Min Seo hugged her sister again and dilated when she saw Ta Mi up again. He grabbed his gun and aimed it at Mi Na.

“No!” Min Seo pushed So Mi and Mi Na far enough as she protected them.

*BANG*