Nightingale

Telecom Sisters

Min Seo woke up later to see a letter next to her. She picked it up and read it.

Min Seo-unnie,

I’m sorry that I left without saying my proper goodbye. The representative and my new relative came and I didn’t want to bother you so I went to settle it for you. I already packed my stuff and left.

Unnie, I’m so sorry for everything. I’m sorry I couldn’t be the dongsaeng you expected me to be. I was a big fat liar and I destroyed your trust. Despite of my lies, I never meant to hurt you. I never thought you cared for me so much. I’m sorry if I realized it too late.

Thank you for everything you’ve done for me. I was so blessed to meet the best relative I could ever have. No matter where I am, you will always be the unnie that I cherish. You are my unnie…and I will always be your dongsaeng. I’m your younger sister…remember it, Min Seo-unnie.

I love you…I really do…

Chung Ha

Min Seo held her chest and felt it getting heavy. Min Seo placed the letter by her heart and cried. Min Seo got up and went to Chung Ha’s room, seeing all of her stuff gone. She checked her drawers, her closet, even her bathroom. She went out again and noticed a picture by her reminders. She looked at it and it was a picture of her sleeping and Chung Ha kissing her forehead. Min Seo grabbed and picture, placing it by her letter, and placed in inside the drawer. She got out, grabbed the key of Chung Ha’s room, locking it and placing her key by her valuables. She checked the promo box and only five cards were left to pick. She held onto Chung Ha’s card for so long. A few minutes later, she placed it next to So Mi’s card and picked a yellow card.

“Yoo Yeon Jung…Nightingale…” Min Seo read.

She chose it and dialed the same thing. She waited like the usual but she was droopier. She checked her e-mails and was called by her many jobs, telling her to come back to work. Min Seo settled that she’ll work tomorrow and decided to rest, getting all the stress out.

***

Min Seo was working again. All her co-workers in her different fields were so worried. Min Seo was lucky. Her salary wasn’t deducted due to her expertise and services so everything went on like the usual. As she went to the studio, Sung Byul was giving her the worried look.

“Min Seo.” She went to hug her tight.

“Hey…sorry if I didn’t come very often.” Min Seo said.

“It’s alright.” Sung Byul lets go and smiled at her friend.

Min Seo noticed changes in Sung Byul’s appearance. She noticed a bit of hair loss, her thin body, and a bit of wrinkles by her cheeks.

“How are you?” Min Seo asked.

“Well…I’ve been like lately.” Sung Byul mumbled.

“Anyways, come and practice. I need to share some good news.” She added as they both went inside.

Min Seo got home again and she had the never-ending smile on her face. She slumped on her couch and thought the good news Sung Byul shared: they were going to debut as a duo.

‘I’m going to be a star…damn…’ Min Seo thought.

Min Seo sighed when she heard the doorbell. She stood up, went to open the door, and was greeted by the cutest girl she’s seen.

“Hello, unnie~” The girl smiled and bowed.

‘Unnie…’ Min Seo thought and it hit her.

“Yeon Jung-ah…” Min Seo called and the girl nodded and went inside.

Yeon Jung gave her smile and bowed at Min Seo again. Min Seo saw her luggage and decided it to carry it for her.

“Where’s my room, unnie?” She asked.

“It’s here…” Min Seo puts Yeon Jung’s luggage down and opened a door.

Min Seo the lights and Yeon Jung wowed of the room. The both of them went inside as Min Seo watched Yeon Jung made herself at home.

“Mind the after-smell. It’s still in the brink of relief since the walls were painted recently.” Min Seo said.

“Ne.” Yeon Jung said enthusiastically.

Min Seo chuckled in her thoughts. She never thought their first meeting would be this fine.

“Have you eaten yet?” Min Seo asked.

“No, unnie.” Yeon Jung pouted.

“Okay. Why don’t you change yourself and fix your stuff. I’ll make us some dinner. I’ll call you once I’m done.” Min Seo said.

Yeon Jung nodded and Min Seo left her to fix her stuff. She went to the kitchen and prepared some ingredients and kitchenware. As Min Seo cooked, she sang. Min Seo took it as a practice for her debut, getting the correct tune as her body moved in making dinner. As she was plating, a voice harmonized with her singing. The voice was so hearth-warming, sending goose-bumps on her skin. Min Seo continued singing and puts the food at the table while setting it. Once she ended, she looked up to see Yeon Jung.

“Was that you singing?” Min Seo asked and Yeon Jung nodded.

“Wow…” Min Seo was amazed.

Min Seo smiled and applauded. Yeon Jung blushed lightly and sat at the table.

“You also have a wonderful voice, unnie. I heard you singing and I thought I heard the most beautiful voice in the world…” Yeon Jung said.

“Why thank you…” Min Seo said as she sat down with Yeon Jung.

And they ate. Yeon Jung found the food so delicious that she complimented Min Seo. She and Min Seo talked throughout the dinner, even at the bathroom when they brush their teeth, and when they were in their respective rooms.

“Sleep well, Yeon Jung.” Min Seo said.

“Ne, unnie.” Yeon Jung went to hug her tight.

Min Seo smiled and hugged the little one back. Once they let go, Yeon Jung said her goodnight to her unnie. She went inside her room as Min Seo went inside hers to sleep for the night.

***

Min Seo got up the next day. She checked the time and she rushed outside. She was still dazed from the sudden awake but she heard a voice…as if someone was singing.

‘Hmm…who could that be?’ She thought.

She also heard sounds coming from the kitchen. Min Seo went down the stairs and there was Yeon Jung. She was singing while cooking. Min wowed of her voice. It was as refreshing as cider.

“Oh, unnie~ good morning~” Yeon Jung chanted and went to hug her unnie.

“Heh…good morning. I see you cooked. I should’ve done that earlier. Sorry if I woke up late…” Min Seo said.

“It’s okay, it’s okay~~” She sang again.

Min Seo could only chuckle and joined her dongsaeng for breakfast. Min Seo talked her of her ‘to-dos’ for this day and managed to interview her for their schedules. She had that settled and managed to finish her meal. She washed the dishes as Yeonjung got ready for school. Min Seo finished and also got ready for work.

“Let me send you to school.” Min Seo offered.

“It’s fine, unnie. I can walk from here,” said Yeon Jung.

“I insist. Come on…” Min Seo held onto Yeon Jung’s shoulders and pushed her towards her car.

Yeon Jung laughed and agreed to her unnie. Min Seo escorted her towards the passenger’s seat as she buckles her seatbelt. Yeon Jung closed the door as Min Seo went to the driver’s seat, starting her car.

“Ready?” Min Seo asked.

“Ne.” Yeon Jung answered as they rode off.

***

Min Seo was at her workstation, reading proposals here and there while practicing her vocal skills. And recently, she’s working on her circuit board project. She was about to get rid of the rubber of a copper wire when she heard a booming voice. Min Seo’s ears rang as the wire was cut completely.

“…” Min Seo cursed.

Min Seo sighed and went down to know the source of the voice. Min Seo saw Yeon Jung singing as she turns on the karaoke. Min Seo found her voice so soothing and powerful…but she needed the peace and quiet right now.

“Yeon Jung-ah.” Min Seo called.

“Ah, unnie!!” Yeon Jung was excited as she saw Min Seo.

Yeon Jung kept singing with her powerful voice as she hugged Min Seo tight. Yeon Jung lets her unnie sing with her and she did. Min Seo wanted to get out of this situation. Work was still loaded and she wanted to finish doing them as soon as possible. But then, what’s the harm of having a fun time with your dongsaeng??

***

Min Seo regretted that now. She didn’t expect for their singing jam to end so long. She woken up at midnight to finish all her work. She managed to complete the said task but her energy ran out.

*RING*

Min Seo groaned and decided to answer her late call.

“Hello…” Min Seo yawned.

“Yah, Min Seo.” It was Sung Byul.

“Oh, Jesus…what?” Min Seo asked.

“PD-nim called. He wants us to be at the company right now.” Sung Byul said.

“Ah, okay…I’ll be there.” Min Seo hung up.

Min Seo cursed as she got up and washed up. After she fixed her bed and herself, she went to get some stuff and went to her car, going to the company.

Yeon Jung woke up and got ready for school. She went to see her unnie and realized she wasn’t around. She looked around the mansion until she saw a note hanging on the exit.

-I’m at the company. Here’s my number. I’ll be calling you. We’ll have lunch together.-

Yeon Jung got her phone and saved her unnie’s number. She smiled, secured the whole mansion and went to school.

***

Yeon Jung arrived at an entertainment company. She wowed as she got a text from Min Seo to where she was. She followed the instructions until she got to a dance room. She went inside and there was Min Seo dancing with Sung Byul. Yeon Jung wowed of her unnie. Min Seo saw Yeon Jung and finished the dance with grace. She then went to her dongsaeng and pats her head.

“It might take a while.” Min Seo said.

“It’s okay, unnie. I’ll wait,” said Yeon Jung.

Min Seo nodded and introduced her to Sung Byul. Yeon Jung was very obliged to meet another unnie.

“I have my sister, Mina. She’ll be coming here. She wouldn’t mind making new friends,” said Sung Byul.

Yeon Jung and nodded. She sat by the couch as she watched Min Seo. Yeon Jung watched in admiration as Min Seo danced. Someone distracted her as she felt a poke on her back. She turned around and saw a cute girl.

“I’m Mi Na. I’m Sung Byul-unnie’s dongsaeng. Nice to meet you.” Mi Na smiled.

“Nice to meet you too!” Yeon Jung smiled and shook hands with Mi Na.

Yeon Jung and Mi Na became friends in an instant. Sung Byul and Min Seo saw their dongsaengs getting along so well and they couldn’t help their smiles. The two dongsaengs saw their unnies already finished that they came to hug their unnies.

“Come on. Let’s have lunch,” said Min Seo.

“Ne!” They all nodded.

***

“WAKE UP! WAKE UP!!”

Min Seo almost fell on her bed as she heard a booming singing voice early in the morning. Min Seo didn’t need to guess because only one person has that capability.

“Yeon Jung-ah…why are you up so early?” Min Seo asked sleepily.

“Let’s sing, unnie!! WAKE UP, WAKE UP!!” Yeon Jung’s voice boomed.

Min Seo covered her face with the pillows but Yeon Jung pulled her and they went to the living room. Yeon Jung sets the karaoke as Min Seo slept on the couch. Yeon Jung pulled her unnie up and Min Seo was forced to sing with her dongsaeng.

*two hours later*

Yeon Jung and Min Seo were at the mall. Yeon Jung suggested a bonding time with her unnie and Min Seo didn’t mind despite of her tiredness. But it was still the same. Yeon Jung was babbling about the things she wanted to buy and other stuff. Min Seo felt tired and annoyed.

“Yeah, yeah…here, you can but anything you want.” Min Seo said, getting her second debit and credit cards and giving them to Yeon Jung.

Yeon Jung cheered and hugged her unnie tight. She also gave a kiss on her cheek and she went off. Min Seo sighed and decided to rest for a bit. She closed her eyes when she noticed some presences gathering around her. Min Seo opened her eyes and a group of fans filled her vision.

“OMO-Choi Min Seo~!!” A fanboy squealed.

Min Seo gulped. She wore her shades and ran away from the crowd. Min Seo took intervals to turn around but the crowd kept chasing her. Min Seo hid by the comfort room and saw the group pass her. She gulped and decided to wear a mask and her hat. She got out again and there was no crowd. She sighed.

Thank God… Min Seo thought.

She checked her time and it was almost lunchtime. She dialed someone, her fingers fiddling as she waited for an answer.

“Hello, Yeon Jung-ah. Where are you?”

“I’m at the food court, unnie.”

“Can you wait for me there? I’m coming. We’ll have lunch together.”

“Ne.”

Min Seo hung up and went to the food court. Her eyes wandered of everywhere as she saw Yeon Jung, busy with her phone as shopping bags surrounded her. Min Seo sighed and went to where she was. Yeon Jung saw her and she was startled.

“It’s me…” Min Seo took off her hat and mask.

“Unnie~” Yeon Jung went to hug her.

Min Seo hugged her sister back as she sat with her. Yeon Jung wondered of the get up but Min Seo told her to disregard it. As an obedient dongsaeng, she obeyed her unnie as they ordered their lunch.

***

Min Seo was at the living room, busy memorizing her song. A ring interrupted her little session as she checked her phone. She got a message from the telecom company.

Ms. Choi Min Seo,

We are likely to inform you that the promo will expire in less than a few days. May you’ve chosen your next child and thank you for being a loyal customer for SK Telecom

SK Telecom

Min Seo face-palmed and almost forgot the promo. She checked her calendar and gulped: it was only four days until Yeon Jung will be transferred again. Min Seo sighed as she went to Yeon Jung’s room, hoping she can tell her everything. She got inside but she gasped of the place: it was a wreck.

“Yeon Jung?”

She heard sniffles. Min Seo searched for Yeon Jung and there she was, crying. She was also shaking, her hands crumpling a glass shard. Min Seo also saw a broken glass as she went hastily to check on Yeon Jung and clean up the mess.

“Yeon Jung…how…”

“Unnie~~~” Yeon Jung cried and hugged her tight.

Min Seo froze as Yeon Jung wrapped her arms around her tight. She also heard her cries, which was a starter for her. She was about to let herself go when Yeon Jung held onto her for dear life.

“Unnie, don’t give me away…please…”

Min Seo was taken aback. She carried Yeon Jung towards and went to get the shard off of her hands. She mended her hands then went to clean the room.

“Unnie…” Yeon Jung called for Min Seo.

Min Seo went to her and Yeon Jung hugged her tight. Min Seo contemplated and thought about the transfer. She laughed in her thoughts. She would be facing another dilemma, seeing children cry and feeling sadness in her heart. But what could she do? She was just a customer of some telecom company and is only engaging in a promo, nothing more personal…

”Unnie…don’t give me back. Let me stay here with you…”

Hearing Yeon Jung’s cries breaks her heart. She thought about doing something about it and that she will be there for her dongsaeng for the night.

***

Min Seo was with Sung Byul at a bar, performing a little gig. Min Seo sang and pleayed the beat-box while Sung Byul played the guitar. People come and go at that place yet they liked their performances.

“This will be our last song for this gig. This is dedicated to all the sad people who lost their loved ones…” Min Seo spoke as Sung Byul started playing.

Min Seo sang Day by Day by Tashannie and sang with her heart. The song reminded her of Yeon Jung. The remaining days were almost over and Yeon Jung would be sent back and be adopted by another relative. The dire fact hurts her for many times.

“Unnie?”

Min Seo finished singing as she heard a familiar voice. Min Seo opened her eyes as an applauding crowd greeted her…and the face of a sad dongsaeng.

“Yeon Jung…what are you…”

Min Seo and Sung Byul went down and Yeon Jung hugged her unnie tight. Min Seo gulped and hugged her back. She wanted to cry but she had to be strong for her dongsaeng.

“Yah…what’s with you, Min Seo?” Sung Byul asked but Min Seo shrugged her off.

Min Seo and Yeon Jung went home together. Yeon Jung noticed that her unnie was a bit down.

“Unnie…” Yeon Jung held her hand and Min Seo faced her.

“I heard you sing that song. That was one of my favorites, unnie.” Yeon Jung spoke.

“Really? You heard me sing? Well…I had a hunch on songs…and I sang that for you because…” Min Seo was having a hard time getting her words out.

“I know what you’re thinking, unnie. It’s okay, really. I’m really grateful that you were my family even though I have to go again.”

Min Seo couldn’t help but smile for her dongsaeng. It was the first time she felt a little relieved. To the least no oppositions would occur and the fact that Min Seo had a nightingale for a sister.

 

 

 

That was the seventh chapter everyone. Sorry if I took almost how many months to update this. Aside from this fanfic, don't forget to like one of my IOI fanfics:

*All in the Full Moon

*IOI Shikshins One-Shot Collection

*Quaint Relations

 

With love, asahdako ^^