All is Well in the End

Telecom Sisters

It would have said that ES7 and the children kept their strength in the end. But then, not for a single moment did their hope waver, especially Mi Na’s…but that is not what happened…

“M-Min Seo?”

Yeon Rin gasped as she heard a groan. What increased her shock was that Min Seo’s head moved upwards, as if she wanted to get up. Yeon Rin rushed towards her as she forced her to lie down again. Then, her hands ran softly onto Min Seo’s head as she huffed, her eyes closed shut.

“*groan*…it hurts…” Min Seo said her first words after days of being in comatose.

Yeon Rin couldn’t thank the heavens enough for Min Seo’s recovery. Her tears fell as Min Seo also cried, her eyes still shut.

“Min Seo-ya…it’s okay…it’s okay…” Yeon Rin comforted her.

As Min Seo’s eyes opened bit by bit, Yeon Rin could almost weep in utter joy. But all she could do was weep silently. Min Seo’s look onto her was still stale as she takes time to process everything she’s seeing after her torment of being in the dark.

“Y-Yeon Rin…” Min Seo said her name.

“Min Seo-ya…” Yeon Rin hugged her.

“*cough*…where are my dongsaengs??” Min Seo asked.

“So Mi, Na Young, and Mi Na are safe. All of them are safe.” Yeon Rin answered as she still hugged Min Seo.

“And that bastard?” Min Seo asked and Yeon Rin could chuckle because she found it funny.

“He’s in jail. All his credentials were lost and were moved to the company.” Yeon Rin answered again.

Min Seo sighed in relief. Yeon Rin held onto her tight, fearing for what would happen next…and the set of fast beeps answered her predictions.

“No…no, Min Seo…no-no!”

Ki Nam came in as she gasped of seeing everything. Yeon Rin yelled for her to call the doctor as Ki Nam made the motion to get the doctor.

***

The children came back to visit, except Mi Na, So Hye and Se Jeong. So Mi was beside Min Seo, holding her hand.

“Unnie…what’s going on?” Do Yeon asked Yeon Rin.

“Your Min Seo-unnie woke up.” Yeon Rin said directly and they all reacted.

“Sh!” Na Young reprimanded the dongsaengs, her hand petting Min Seo’s head.

“It’s true. She was almost in the brink of pure death but thank the stars that she still lived. I called you here…and I expected all of you to be here,” said Yeon Rin.

“Mi Na is torn. So Hye and Se Jeong remained to stay with her.” Yeon Jung said.

“Is it really true, unnie? Is Min Seo really awake?” Yoo Jung asked.

So Mi thought about that and she sang loudly, making the rest flinch. Yoo Jung joined in and sang cheerfully. Kyul Kyung reprimanded them to stop for they didn’t want their unnie to be disturbed. But then, they froze as they witness Min Seo’s wake.

“Unnie…” Chae Yeon mumbled as her tears flowed from her eyes.

Some of them held her hands, with Chung Ha holding her cheeks. Min Seo groaned again, her head going upwards, trying to process her surroundings while getting up. Chung Ha shushed her, kissing her forehead, as Chae Yeon adjust thed the bed enough for Min Seo to see them and feel comfortable. All of them were in tears, especially Yoo Jung.

“Na Young…Chung Ha…Chae Yeon…Kyul Kyung…Yeon Jung…Yoo Jung…Do Yeon…So Mi…” Min Seo called them one by one, her voice a bit hazy due to the mask on her face.

“Unnie…” They cried, gathering close to Min Seo.

“I’m so sorry for waking up so late…you’re unnie’s so stupid…” Min Seo spoke in which her dongsaengs found adorable.

Min Seo tried to move but her chest still hurt. They grew worried, comforting their unnie, telling her that it was okay.

“Unnie, you have to rest.” Yoo Jung was relieved from crying as she pinned Min Seo gently to her bed.

“It’s okay, unnie.” Kyul Kyung spoke softly as she hugged Min Seo.

“How are you? Where’s Se Jeong…So Hye…Mi Na..?” Min Seo asked.

“We’re okay, unnie. Yeon Rin-unnie’s taking care of us while you were recovering. But we’re so happy that you’re okay.” Do Yeon said, getting her turn to hug her unnie.

“So Mi?” Min Seo called and the maknae tackled her for a hug.

So Mi wept, with Min Seo patting her back, telling her that it’s not her fault and that she’s glad that she and Mi Na are safe.

“Unnie…I’m so sorry…”

“Shh…it’s okay. It’s not your fault. What matters is that you’re safe.” Min Seo spoke.

So Mi nodded, her hug on Min Seo still intact. So Mi broke from the hug as Chung Ha and Chae Yeon comfort her.

“Yeon Jung?” Min Seo called again and the nightingale responded, her tears flowing.

“I’m tired…can you sing me a lullaby?” Min Seo requested.

“Yes-yes-of course, unnie.” Yeon Jung nodded right away, her hand holding Min Seo’s.

They had their chance to kiss their Unnie’s cheek before Yeon Jung started to sing. She held Min Seo’s hand as the rest of them managed to sit down, their eyes dying to watch their Unnie calm and at peace. Yeon Jung’s voice was soothing like silk, ringing their ears as they all calmed, especially Min Seo. As Yeon Jung ended singing, Min Seo slept. Yeon Jung and Yoo Jung held her hands as Na Young dialed someone.

“Who are you calling, unnie?” Kyul Kyung asked.

“Them. They need to know that Min Seo-unnie’s awake.

***

The children stayed by Min Seo’s side despite of her sleeping. They had nothing to do much and they wanted to see their Unnie all day, coping up with the moments they lost without their Unnie by their side. Eventually, Min Seo woke up again, and So Mi and Yoo Jung were bugging their unnie.

“Yah, So Mi! Yoo Jung! Be careful.” Chae Yeon reprimanded.

“Yeah, yeah!” Yoo Jung spoke, jumping on Min Seo’s bed.

“Yah! No jumping on the bed.” So Mi said as she cuddled up to Min Seo’s right.

Yoo Jung stopped jumping and cuddled up to Min Seo’s left, making sure not to lean by Min Seo’s chest, where her wound was.

“Min Seo, time for change of bandage~” Yeon Rin spoke as she popped out by the door.

The two vitamins got up as Min Seo had some space on her bed. The nurses came in as the dongsaengs watch with curious eyes as they changed Min Seo’s bandage.

“Does it hurt, Miss Choi?” One of them asked.

“A little…” Min Seo answered as she felt a new bandage wrapped around her chest.

She thanked the nurses, just as much as her dongsaengs and Yeon Rin did. As they left the room, they gathered around Min Seo again as Na Young was by the door.

“Na Young?”

“Ah, unnie…Se Jeong and So Hye will come here with Mi Na,” said Na Young.

As Min Seo heard the creak of the door, Se Jeong and So Hye couldn’t believe their eyes. They went to Min Seo, giving their hugs and kisses as they cried seeing her alive.

“We thought we lost you…” So Hye muttered as she checked Min Seo.

“Unnie…thank goodness.” Se Jeong sighed as she hugged Min Seo and kissed her forehead.

“I’m sorry I woke up late.” Min Seo apologized.

So Hye and Se Jeong let go and also got hugs from their sisters and Yeon Rin. Min Seo asked of Mi Na when Se Jeong spoke…

“She’s waiting outside.”

“I think she wants to talk to Min Seo alone,” said Na Young.

They all nodded, kissing their Unnie’s cheek and they got out. Yeon Rin pats Min Seo’s head as they got out of the room. Min Seo gets up and called.

“Mi Na?”

Footsteps were heard as a silhouette of a cutie met Min Seo’s vision. The cutie gasped, her gift dropped on the floor because of seeing her unnie, the unnie she loved so much, alive and well.

“Mi Na…” Min Seo stood up, holding her stand with the IV drip and went to get the dropped gift and placed it on the table.

“Unnie…” Mi Na’s voice fainted as she slowly hugged Min Seo.

Min Seo hugged back tight as she felt Mi Na’s hold onto her and heard her cries fill the entire room. Min Seo whispered her apologies as Mi Na cried harder, her head nuzzled onto Min Seo’s shoulder.

“Y-You’re alive…you’re really alive…” Mi Na sniffled, her hands touching her unnie’s face.

Min Seo nodded, hugging Mi Na back. Mi Na cried as her fingers tightened around her waist.

“How could you take it for so long? I thought you were going to die and leave us…that you’d leave me…”

“Yah…I had a little fight with your Sung Byul-unnie and I told her to let me stay here with you. And besides…how could I leave my dongsaengs…how could I leave you?” Min Seo said, patting Mi Na’s head as a tear flowed from her eye.

“I’m sorry I got you in harm.” Mi Na continued to weep.

“It’s not your fault.” Min Seo said.

“Don’t leave me again…” Mi Na cried again.

“I won’t. I cross my heart, remember?”

“I love you, unnie…” Mi Na mumbled.

“I love you too.”

They shared their hugs as the rest of Min Seo’s dongsaengs got inside. They did a group hug around Min Seo and the unnie feil ecstatic seeing her dongsaengs again. What lies ahead may never be certain but knowing that she almost faced obscurity and rose against it, her time with her dongsaengs is something she will always treasure today and in the days to come. And with that, she will always be eternally grateful.

*one year later*

“1, 2, 3…and action!”

Eleven girls were shooting their MV as four unnies waited for their turn. It took one go for their shot until the unnies got their turn, their flow in relation to the dongsaengs’ shoot.

“And CUT! Let’s wrap it up!”

So Mi went closer to an unnie who slept throughout the shoot. So Mi placed her hands around the sleeping girl’s eyes as the sleeping girl woke up.

“W-Who’s this? Why is my vision dark-“

“Unnie~” So Mi, together with her unnies, showed their cute faces to the person.

“Yah, you need to entertain your fellow stars now, Min Seo.” Yeon Rin chuckled.

Min Seo could only laugh as she remembered that incident. After she recovered, she made a proposal for the girls. Seeing their potential, she told their CEO about the eleven of them and they got to train. The year of their debut came and here they are now, artists earning fame and love from their fans, especially to their favorite sunbaes.

“Aish, I slept again…” Min Seo mumbled as they all laughed.

“Yeah…and we have to shoot again. Come on.” Ki Nam pulled her up.

The eleven girls, under the name IOI, sat down, watching ES7 shoot their MV for their comeback.

“Min Seo-unnie’s charming even after years of being in a comatose.” Kyul Kyung said, admiring her unnie-slash-crush again.

“That’s Min Seo-unnie for you,” said Se Jeong and they all chuckled.

All of them, especially Mi Na, couldn’t agree more. For her, being with Min Seo, her sisters, and even with the rest of ES7, was the best thing she ever experienced her whole life.

‘Sung Byul-unnie…thank you…for leaving me with the best people and the best unnie I ever had…’

***

Min Seo and IOI were having a wonderful vacation at Japan. Min Seo watched as the rest of her dongsaengs were having a great time. She watched Na Young leading her dongsaengs and got remarks from Chung Ha and Se Jeong. She saw Se Jeong ask to play some suggested games yet they booed. Se Jeong lowered her head and Min Seo couldn’t hold her chuckle.

“Unnie~” Mi Na went closer to her and hugged her.

“Na Young-unnie wanted us to play a game. Join us.” She added.

“Later…I have a text. I need to go outside for a bit.”

MI Na smiled and nodded…but deep down, she was worried again. She managed to join the game as she saw Min Seo leave the osen.

“Where’s Min Seo-unnie going?” Yeon Jung asked.

“She might have something to get. Come on, let’s play~” Yoo Jung cheered.

All of them managed to play. Mi Na was enjoying herself yet she couldn’t hold her worry. As they finish one round, Mi Na left the game, changed on her clothes, and went outside to look for Min Seo. Somehow, she found her by the exit…and she was hugged by two girls shorter than her.

“Unnie?” She called.

Min Seo turned around as the two girls also faced her. Min Seo said something to them and the two girls smiled, kissing her forehead then leaving. Min Seo saw Mi Na and diverted her attention to her. Mi Na tackled her for a hug as she asked of the two girls a while ago.

“Did you remember the time I told you that I have unnies? Those two girls were my sisters.” Min Seo answered.

“Awwww…I didn’t get to meet them. I thought they were just your friends,” said Mi Na.

“They know you and the rest. They came by to say goodbye.” Min Seo said, holding Mi Na’s hand as they walked back.

“I thought you weren’t in good terms with them.”

“That was before. But now, we reconciled. They came to see me because the three of us will be on separate ways. Min Yeon-unnie will live in the US and Min Hyeong-unnie will move to Africa to become a volunteer. Don’t worry, we’ll be in touch…and I will let you all meet them,” said Min Seo.

Mi Na cheered as they got back. The rest of IOI were wondering where they went but Min Seo called it off with some desserts.

“Who wants some ice cream?” She asked and all of them raised their hands.

***

Another wonderful phase came to them. IOI and ES7 attended an award ceremony as they won their specific awards. Then, they had a wonderful celebration. Their CEO and the staff joined them as they welcome another time with hope showered upon them.

“Where’s Min Seo-unnie?” Do Yeon asked as she got a can of soda for herself and Yoo Jung.

“She’s at the balcony,” said Na Young.

“And I bet Mi Na’s following her again,” said Kyul Kyung.

“Give it a rest. We’re all loved by Unnie evenly. It seems Mi Na’s fondness over Min Seo-unnie is just too great. After all, she lost her unnie before…and it seems Min Seo-unnie helped her through all that pain…just like us in times of abandonment.” Chung Ha said.

“And another thing is that Kyul Kyung’s record has been beaten,” said Se Jeong, getting laughs from her sisters and a scowl from Kyul Kyung.

***

Mi Na crept and went towards the balcony. She saw Min Seo looking up the stars, probably drinking something. She went closer to her and greeted her with a surprise hug.

“Unnie~”

“Oh, Mi Na…are you alright? You look worried again,” said Min Seo.

“No, no…I’m fine, unnie.” Mi Na answered.

Min Seo chuckled and Mi Na watched the stars with her. However, she was stealing glances at Min Seo and at one of them, Min Seo seemed to notice.

“What is it, Mi Na?” She asked.

“Well…let me say this, Unnie…” Mi Na said as she placed a hand on her cheek.

“You did it. You made your dream come true…” She finshed, kissing her cheek.

Min Seo thought about that as memories flooded. She never thought that she could have her dream into reality. She thought adopting a sister through a telecom promo was all a big hoax. But now, she came to realize that this is the reality. She’s an unnie now and she had dongsaengs who love her dearly…and whom she loved dearly in return.

“Yeah…I guess I did.” Min Seo said.

“Thank you, unnie. You’re the best sister I ever had,” said Mi Na.

“You too…and to the rest of your unnies.” Min Seo chuckled as they faced the rest of IOI.

“Aigoo…make room for us,” said So Mi.

Mi Na and Min Seo chuckled as they got their chance to hug their unnie. Then, they lined up, looking at the wonderful sky.

“What a wonderful evening,” said Na Young.

“Yeah…just like our looks,” said Chung Ha.

“Aigoo…you and your lines. I thought I was the smooth one.” Se Jeong chuckled.

“Technically you’re not the smooth one.” Chae Yeon spoke as they laughed.

“Ohhhh…Ahjushhi got nailed by my fellow visual,” said Kyul Kyung.

“Unnie…can you buy me a life-sized stuffed penguin?” So Hye nudged Min Seo, asking her like a cute kid.

“You already had three of them by your bed.” Yeon Jung spoke.

“Sure.” Min Seo nodded and Sohye cheered.

“Buy me a microphone, unnie~” Yeon Jung requested too.

“Unnie, can you buy me vitamins so that I can be tall like Do Yeon?” Yoo Jung pouted.

“Your height has been cut there. It’s your destiny to be short.” Do Yeon joked as she got a playful slap by Yoo Jung.

“Okay, okay…we’ll buy some tomorrow,” said Min Seo and Yoo Jung and Yeon Jung cheered.

“Buy me a new mirror, unnie.” Do Yeon requested.

“Buy me a box of chocolate, unnie~” Mi Na said cutely.

“Me too, unnie! And gummi bears too.” So Mi raised a hand.

“Okay.” Min Seo nodded and they all cheered.

“We love you, unnie.” IOI said and the group-hugged their unnie.

“I love you all too.” Min Seo said.

And she was true to her words. She loved them like her life, just how she pictured her her dream that turned into reality. She loved them as they are and they are her sisters…her telecom sisters…


That was the story, everyone. Thank you all so much for subscribing the story and going through the journey of Choi Min Seo and IOI. 

For the rest of my IOI fanfiction, Unexpected Motives will be updated soon. For IOI Shikshins, it's still on hiatus. If you're wondering why, you'll know once I update it. Also, this story will have its cover soon ^^.

So that was it for now. Love lots from asahdako <3