Chap. 16

Fool

         Mixed emotions that’s what Tiffany’s feeling right now, she doesn’t know what to say or how to react, her eyes became blurry as tears were starting to form “n-nice to meet you Jessica-ssi and T-Taeng-ssi” Nickhun greeted the two person and the guy stood up to shook hands with them, but Taeng didn’t even bother to touch that hand, the guy awkwardly pulled his hand back down and while Taeng helped the brunette to sat down “I’m sure ya’ll hungry, let’s order” Yul raise his hand ready to take an order as the waiter give each of them the menu, Taeng and Jessica will act sweet when they’ll caught Tiffany taking a glance at them “Taengoo what do you wanna eat?” Jessica ask cutely while looking at the menu “hmm I’ll have the steak and potato salad, I’ll let my lady choose our drinks” Taeng smile at the waiter closing the menu book “I’ll have the same as him” Yul suggested “I’ll have the vegetable salad and Pinot Noir for the wine” Jessica smile as she looked at Taeng who sent her a wink “how about you Nickhun-ssi and Tiffany-ssi?” Jessica diverted her gaze to the two quit people in front of them “uhh I’ll have the spicy chicken” Nickhun said and looked at Tiffany who was just quiet and still looking at the menu “would you like the fish it tas-“, “she doesn’t like fish, give her eel instead the best one… I’m sure Ms. Hwang will like it or you also change of hearts?” Taeng asks looking at the girl in front of him “eel is fine” Tiffany smile avoiding the stare Taeng was giving her “Nickhun-ssi I hope next time when you take my ex-wife to a expensive dinner or date make sure you know all the food she likes, she’s the one who’s going to eat not you” Taeng said sarcastically as he played with the knife on the table Nickhun could only lowered his head in embarrassment, the waiter took the entire menu book and bow before leaving

       “So how long have you guys seeing each other?” Jessica asks as she smile “a… a month” Nickhun replied as he looked at the brown haired girl “Tiffany-ssi why are you so quiet since we came? Is there something wrong?” Jessica faked a concern look “uhh no, I was just not used to this kind of surroundings” Tiffany smile lightly “then maybe I’m the one that’s making you uncomfortable?” Taeng turn to ask making the latter to look at him “n-no it’s not T-Tae-“, “then be yourself Tiffany don’t show me your hurt face” the short guy said coldly as he glared at her, Tiffany avoided his glare clenching her fists preventing her tears to fall “aigoo you should calm down honey~” Jessica cooed as she held his hand entwining it “I’m sure Nickhun-ssi is still getting to know her” Jessica smiles “Mr. Horvejkul I hope you won’t forget why you’re here to meet me” Yul said seriously looking at the white guy in front “a-ahh yes uhhmm… this is the USB that contains all the business deal between his company and yours” Nickhun said “Nickhun-ssi may I ask what’s your position in Taecyeon-ssi company?” Taeng didn’t even dare spare a glance “u-uhh I’m his right hand in the company… I’m the one who goes to business meetings and business trips” Nickhun replied “ahh so it’s also part of your job to home wreck someone’s relationship?” Taeng asks finally looking at Nickhun straight in the eyes as the guy tried to avoid his gaze “oh how stupid of me, of course it’s not… I’m sorry I just came from a poor family and didn’t grew up with riches as I don’t know the works you do but I’m lucky enough to meet Jessica and Yul who helped me get a work and to be where I’am now.. You can call me a gold digger or user, I don’t give a damn about you because they just help me when I’m so down and very hurt when I was betrayed by the person whom I thought loved me for who I am” Taeng then change his gaze to Tiffany who also looked back at him, the atmosphere around them turned quiet and just in time before it will get more awkward the food finally arrived.

                “Nickhun please tell Taec that I appreciate what he did” Yul fake a smile “yes I’ll tell him, it’ a great business doing with you”, Tiffany remain quiet while staring at her husband and Jessica, she wanted to slap the girls face and take Taeng away from her “it was nice meeting you Tiffany, I didn’t know you and Taeng are ex-couple” Yul fake a smile at the latter “w-we aren’t e-ex-couple” Tiffany said “oh” Yul looked at the girl then to Nickhun who looked away “then you two… are still together?” Yul faked a surprise reaction “oh my god I’m sorry… I didn’t mean to… but wait… then you two are” Yul added while pointing at Nickhun and Tiffany sending a sign on what he’s thinking but the two didn’t answer then he took as a yes “aissh this two how could they do that to Taeng.. If only I wouldn’t cause a scene I could’ve punch this raccoon face guy” the tan guy thought “Yul let’s go?” he heard Jessica aid from behind while clinging onto Taeng “ok.. so Nickhun, Tiffany… we’ll go up first… we’ll see you both around” the three head to the elevator  leaving the two alone in an awkward quiet atmosphere “T-Tiffany”, “let’s just go back to the hotel” the brown haired girl said leaving Nickhun behind. The ride back to the hotel was quiet, Nickhun wanted to say a word to bright up the mood but he just couldn’t and it’s not the right time to say something since Tiffany is not in the mood for encouraging words after the dinner, they didn’t expect to see her husband soon he admit he doesn’t know what to do, to act or even say while everything what Taeng said was right that he’s a home wrecker he sigh taking a glance at the quiet Tiffany “hey” he started “Tiffany… I… I’m sorry” he said once she turn to look at him with emotionless gaze “good night Nick” the only reply of Tiffany before entering her room. Hearing the door shut Tiffany finally burst into tears, the tears she’s been keeping since she saw him, her beloved Kim Taeng, her warm and loving husband who’s now as cold as ice and most especially the one who’s in her arms now he’s in another girls arm, feeling her knees getting weak she sat down on the floor sobbing “Tae I’m so sorry… I’m sorry Tae…my Tae; I’m so s-sorry…. F-forgive me, oh god w-what have I done” she choke on her words as her tears keep flowing.

                Tae was quiet throughout the elevator ride and when they reached their suite, the two couple was worried they wanted to know what he thinks after the dinner, in such a period of time for the three of them being together it’s easy for them to know that Taeng is keeping all his problems to himself and they being an understanding friend waited for him to open up first, the short guy was about to enter his room when he stop and look at the two who looked back at him “guys… thank you so much for helping me, Yul I know it’s hard to see your loved one being with someone else that’s what I feel every time I think about her with that guy, thanks for agreeing with this plan even though it’s hurting you” Tae flash a weak smile “Taeng you know I’ll do anything to help you and I won’t stop until your wife wakes up and realizes her mistakes” the tan guy said as he flash a brotherly smile to the short one “Taengoo we will help you no matter how long it will take until she finally realizes everything she has done to you if she’s that dense to see her mistake then we will let her taste her own medicine just how we planned ok?” Jessica smile pulling the two guys into a group hug “but still don’t lay a finger on Sica’s you ert” Yul added bringing some laughter’s around the room.