Ontae PG

Prompts and Drabbles

Ontae #5 hold my hand  and #48 shackles 

Rated PG

Warnings: third wheel Jonghyun


“Shackles.”  Jonghyun muttered next to Jinki.  

“Huh?”  Jinki leaned in closer to the glass only halfway paying attention to what the shorter man was saying.  

“That’s what some people call them.  Shackles.”  

Jinki looked up at him and frowned.

“Wedding rings…shackles…slaves to each other…you know what, never mind.”  Jonghyun waved his hand dismissively.  

“Excuse me.”  Jinki called over one of the jewelers.  “Can I see these?”  He pointed to a set in the case. 

“Platinum and diamonds…nice.”  

Jinki glared at his friend, picking up on the thick layer of sarcasm he was throwing down.  He slipped on the band, the lighting the store making the ring shimmer brilliantly.   “No.  It’s too much.”  He placed it back in the holder.  “Can I see the ones next to it?”

The door chimed and Taemin came in out of breath.  “I’m so sorry.”  He panted, rushing over to Jinki.  “I got stuck at work.”  He kissed him on the cheek.  

“It’s okay.  You look like you ran all the way here.”  Jinki looked concerned.  

“Just the last two blocks.”  Taemin laughed.  “Hi, Jonghyun, thank you for helping today.”  

“I haven’t been much help.”  He was honest, the only thing he had managed to do was be complete smart at every chance he could. 

“You’re good company at least.”  Taemin nudged him playfully and Jonghyun couldn’t bring himself to hate the younger if he tried.  And he has, many times.  He was just too cute, too likeable.  

He turned back to Jinki.  “So have you picked out any?”  

Jinki showed him the pair they just pulled out for him.  Taemin took the simple wide platinum band and placed it on the ring finger of Jinki’s left hand.  Taemin beamed at him.  “I like it.”  

“Shackles.”  Jinki teased.

“Huh?”  Taemin was confused.  

“Jonghyun calls them shackles.”  

Jonghyun cursed Jinki in his head for making him look like a giant in front of Taemin when the boy looked so damn happy and when Taemin started laughing he felt even worse.  He was perfect.  Or as close to perfect as anyone could ever be and he hated himself for the jealousy he felt.  Why couldn’t he be this perfect?  Why couldn’t Jinki look at him like that?  

Jinki slipped the ring on Taemin’s finger, holding onto his fiance’s hand, he smiled back at Taemin.  “Yeah.  I like this one too.”