That person!

Blood In Roses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When I open my eyes, I see faint sunlight seeping in through the window curtain. The hotel guests are probably sound asleep at this hour.

"Let's see... Yesterday, I was in Siwon's room, and then..."

I remember drinking the warm milk, but I don't remember how I got back to my room. I bet Siwon carried me here. I feel a mixture of both happiness and embarrassment.

I feel strange... My heart starts to beat loudly when I think about Siwon. I head to the kitchen to drink something to calm my feelings.

-----

There is no sunlight in the kitchen. It's practically night time here. I didn't think anyone would be here, but I see a man humming while he polishes the pans.

"Hmhmhmmmmm... Huh?" The man notices me and stops what he's doing to look up.

"Oh... I'm sorry to bother you. I'm Kyuhyun, a new staff member. And you are?"

"Oh me, Oh my! What a cute boy!" The man rushes over towards me, looking excited. 

"I'm Kangin, this hotel's head chef! Nice meetin' ya." Kangin suddenly hugs me.

"Huh?!"

"Mm, ya smell good 'n tasty. you're makin' me hungry!"

This voice, I've heard it before... When I first stepped into the hotel, the person who caught me in the dark hallway. I recall the feeling of something cold touching my neck and shiver shoots up my spine.

"Are you... the one who..?"

"Oh, didya remember? Man, this's destiny! Wha--?!" Kangin suddenly yelps and is pulled back.

"Hey now, Kang. You better keep your hands off Kyuhyun." I look behind Kangin and see Leeteuk holding him by the collar.

"Leeteuk!" I somehow felt happy that Leeteuk stopped Kangin.

"Hey, stop it will ya? I'm not a dog or anythin' !" Kangin tears his body away from Leeteuk. He complains while fixing his hair.

"Geez. Is Kyuhyun your boyfriend, Leeteuk?"

"Of course not!" I shout.

"Kyuhyun is a dear old friend, so I don't want him to be near anyone that might be a bad influence."

"Old friend... Who are you talking about?" I look at him confused.

"Well ! Well !" Leeteuk winks at me. I understood that he was making up a lie and wanted me to support it.

Kangin is staring at me. He seems unconvinced.

"But there's nooooooo way I'd leave such a puppy-boy alone"

Puppy boy!? Kangin tries to hug me again, but Leeteuk twists his arm behind his back.

"Ouch, ooow! Stop it! I give up!"

Leeteuk finally lets go of Kangin's arm. 

"As you can see, Kangin has little grasp on personal boundaries. So, be on your guard, Kyuhyun."

"Sure... But are you and Kangin friends?"

"We are. Kangin is one of my customers who sometimes buys the medicine I make."

Kangin nods "Leeteuk's medicine works really well. Not that surprisin' though. I mean, it's made by a magical wizard y'know."

"True, true. You'll get what you ask for as long as you pay up!" Leeteuk smiles.

"On top of that, I've heard that Leeteuk can make lightning and storms appear! Isn't it cool?" 

I was taken aback "Wh-What?! I'm a wizard too but I can't do that. I've never met a wizard who could do that either. Is it true, Leeteuk?"

"Who knows?" Leeteuk just smiles.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter