An Attack!

Blood In Roses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is the second update of the day so be sure to read the previous chapter before this one.

What was awaiting for us weren't beautiful red roses...

Wilted roses lay scattered on the ground. Even the roses that haven't fallen yet have turned black. There are cracks and holes in the stone pavement.

"No..." Donghae stands there looking at the ruined Rose Garden in shock.

"We were too late..." Donghae touches a wilted rose, and its black petals fall to the ground.

"..." Donghae looks down silently at the dead roses.

Siwon glances over at Donghae and speaks to him with a harrowing voice.

"He looked the happiest when he was taking care of the roses. This place was where Donghae could relax the most."

"But the hotel is still standing! There must be a rose somewhere that's still alive!" I start to search my surroundings. Where are you, Valencia!?

Valencia, who had told me to save Siwon, must still be alive somewhere.

I suddenly see something red out of the corner of my eye, and I turn my head towards it. In the shadow of the rubble, there is a red rose in bloom that has just barely retained its color.

"Donghae! Valencia...!"

Donghae and Siwon run over to me.

"Valencia! Please answer me!" Donghae calls desperatly but Valencia doesn't answer.

"What should we do? There must be some way..." I try to move the rubble surrounding the rose.

"Ouch!" I hurt my finger to something sharp.

My blood drips onto the petals of Valencia. Flash! And just for a moment, Valencia glows with a vivid red color.

"What was that..?" I ask in confusion.

Donghae said "Your blood got on it, and..." The rose returns to its original dark shade.

"Wait. Eunjin said this when she created Valencia. That she created it by mixing the blood of a vampire and a human." Siwon told us.

"Maybe the blood is affecting it somehow...?"

"I'll try my blood too."

Donghae bites his own arm and gives the blood that is flowing out to Valencia. Valencia emits a red light for a brief second again.

"The blood must be doing something to the rose!" I exclaimed.

"But why does it last only for a second?"

"Maybe that wasn't enough blood to save the whole Rose Garden."

"Looking at this reaction, it might be difficult with just our blood." Donghae is staring at Valencia with a serious expression.

"The amount of blood? I don't think that is the only reason..." Siwon said.

"What do you mean?"

At this moment, I hear a bright voice from the entrance of the Rose Garden.

"Whoa! Hey, it blew my socks off!"

I turn around to see Kangin standing there. However, he looks different from usual.

"Are you... Kangin?" I asked in confusion.

Beast-like ears are growing on top of his head, an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter