I'm Interested In You

First Impressions Never Change

Jessica's POV

"Hey Jessica" The voice snapped me out of my own thoughts. I looked up surprised to see Donghae leaning against the locker beside mine. "Oh Hi...... Donghae right?" I asked unsure if it was him or not. "Yeah" He seemed unstable in his English but playing it cool at the same time. Then I remembered that I saw him at the airport the other day. "Oh I think I saw you at the airport the other day. Was that you or someone else?" He asked me as if he read my mind. "Oh yeah! That was me. I was picking up my friend Jay. His parents decided to move from America to Korea for a year or two." 

"Oh that's nice. I just got back from America with a business trip with my Dad." Oh so that's why he wasn't at school for a while. "Which state?" I asked as I watched him carefully. He kept glancing at his phone screen and giving delayed responses as if he wasn't paying completely attention. Maybe I was just being paranoid.  

"We went to California and New York." He said with a bit of difficulty. I wanted to switch to Korean to help him out but I remembered that I'm still pretending to not know it..... Maybe It's going too far. Maybe I should just reveal it. I felt so undecided but I kept my mouth shut. "California! I'm from there! What places did you go?" California ......i missed it! Oh my gosh I'm revealing way too much! But I couldn't help it. As he was about to respond his phone rang and he had to leave. I felt disappointed. I wanted to continue the conversation but he had to leave. So I just went back to Tiff, Hara, and Jay.

Donghae's POV

It worked! I was so nervous that it wouldn't! I can't speak English that well yet so I had my English teacher translate what she said and send it to my phone. It was tricky and at times it was delayed. I could pick out some of the words she said but not all of them. On the plane to New York and California my Dad made me study words. Talk about the longest flight ever but I didn't really have a choice. She seemed nice enough and she said she was from California. That's interesting. But then Leeteuk just had to call me in the conversation when I'm waiting for the translations! So I had to cut it short. "What do you want?" I complained. "I was talking to Jessica!"

"Jessica!? Who's Je- Wait a minute! You talked to the American girls!?" Leeteuk Hyung seriously needs a life. 

"Um...... Yeah. But just Jessica."

"That is huge! What's she like!?" He sounded hyper now.

"She seems nice I guess..... Oh and she told me she's from California."

"Ok...... and that's it? Wait how did you speak to her? You can't speak English that well yet!" I smirked.

"It's called bribing a teacher to translate for you."

"Oh yeah. Ok I got to go. Bye." And he hung up. Well I finally spoke to her! The conversation went without pick up lines. That was new to me. Usually I get the girl by winks, good looks, pick up lines, and a cool car. Rich also helps get the girl. But the conversation went like a normal conversation with a friend. It felt odd because she was pretty but she didn't seem affected by my winning smile. At least she was interested enough to carry on the conversation.

Tiffany's POV

I waited for Jessica and finally she came. "Where were you!?" I asked. "How long can it possibly take to go to your locker!?" 

"Oh Donghae stopped and talked to me." I nearly fell over!

"What!? I thought we couldn't speak in Korean!"

"I didn't. I spoke in English."

"Oh.... Well what did he say?"

"I can tell he can't speak English that well but he said that he went to American and all. Yeah that's about it."

"Wait DONGHAE  OPPA talked to you!? Willingly!?" Hara asked shocked. 

"Um yeah....." Hara seemed to be disappointed. "Oh.... I guess Victoria Unni is right. I have no chance whatsoever with him whatsoever." She said sadly.

"Don't say that!" I said. "Everyone has a chance! You have just as much chance as Victoria!"

"Yeah. Don't say that!" Sica said. 

"Hey can we go get lunch now?" Jay asked impatiently.  So we all agreed. As we passed I saw Victoria with an angry expression. "Yah! Hara! Get over here!" She yelled. Hara seemed nervous but she followed Victoria.

Hara's POV

Victoria was angry with me. "WHY IS DONGHAE OPPA PAYING ATTENTION TO THOSE AMERICAN S AND YOU!?" She yelled. My eyes stung. She was supposed to be my best friend. Wait Donghae Oppa wasn't even interested in me. He just stopped to ask me a question but that's it. She continued yelling. "YOU ARE NOTHING! I left you in charge to keep everyone away from my Oppa!" I had it. "UNNI STOP IT! Just because you say that about me and my new friends doesn't mean it's true! He was never your Oppa! I'm sorry but we can't be friends anymore." I walked away as quickly as possible before Victoria Unni blew up. As I neared that cafeteria I noticed a few of Victoria Unni's followers talking about dating Jay Oppa. My new friends were nice to me. And I had been waiting for Donghae Oppa for a long time. I guess it's time to move on. And Jay Oppa asked me to call him Oppa the first day! So I think I can do better.  I'm not saying I like Jay Oppa but if he can be so nice in just one day then someone else can too. And with that I headed into the cafeteria.  

 

Ok! Sorry for the delay! But I've been super busy and I haven't been getting much feedback on this story so I had absolutely no motivation whatsoever. Please comment and subscribe. If I continue to get no feedback I will assume the story isn't that good and delete it so please tell me what you think.