Bestie's Forever

First Impressions Never Change

Jessica's POV

A loud noise woke me up on a cold Saturday morning. Since I wasn't awake enough to tell where it was coming from I fumbled around for the snooze button.

"You aren't sleeping anymore today missy!" Said a smirking voice. I opened up my eyes enough to see who it was and just as I thought: Tiffany. "How did you get in here?" I asked still half asleep. I guess it sounded kind of stupid because she gave me this are-you-serious look and then said "You gave me the key" I mentally groaned and smacked myself for doing that at the time. Tiffany must have enjoyed it because she laughed and then said "Ok hurry up and get ready! You don't really think we are just going to sit at  home all day on a Saturday? We've only been in Seoul three days! We are so going sightseeing and shopping!" Shopping. Most words don't get me up but something about shopping is just so appealing. I. am. up. now! "Ok! I'm up just give me an hour" "Okay! I'll just make myself comfortable..." And she plopped down on my chair and started flipping through my magazines impatiently waiting. After showering I got caught up in my own thoughts and flashbacks of when we were young.

       Tiffany and I have been best friends for seven years. When we were nine we were the only Korean American girls in our homeroom at our old school in California. We used to laugh at all the other kids who had a horrible fashion taste and eat lunch together. We also spoke Korean instead of English sometimes at lunch to confuse the other kids on what we were saying. But then Daddy decided to move us to Japan temporarily  for the "experience" and business. And for a year and a half I was Tiff-less. Very sad for a 11 year old but she came to visit three times. And then right before my 12th birthday we moved back to California. Honestly it was the best birthday present ever. I missed California. Even though I loved Japan it just......it didn't feel right without my best friend. Who would laugh  at our inside jokes, prank call annoying boys, and stay up late and just talk? But now that Tiffany was coming with us to Korea! We probably wouldn't be here for more than three years but CAN YOU IMAGINE THREE YEARS WITHOUT YOUR BEST FRIEND!? Are you freakin' kidding me!? "Sica! Are you done yet?" Her voice woke me out of my daydream......

"Almost!"

"Okay..."

I can't believe I got that sidetracked! I headed into my closet to look for an outfit and then I saw an old outfit.... I remember this! I wore this when I was 14! I didn't even know I still had it! But that was the outfit I wore on my first date! Haha! Tiff and I got so excited for it we couldn't even sleep that night! I don't know who was more excited; Me or Tiff! I used to think 'fate' exists. Some might call me bitter. Those ignorant people. I always think of them in disgust. Those overly happy, hyper, wack jobs who believe in 'love at first sight.'........................... I used to be one of those people but Daddy taught me to be strong. His exact words were don't let anyone fool you. Because when they do, you have a hard time getting back up.  He was right. I will never let anyone play me again. And if they even try.....It will be there sorriest day. "Ok Tiff I'm ready!" Tiff must be pissed now for waiting so long.

Tiffany's POV

Oh my god what is taking so long!? I've been waiting for an hour and fifteen minutes! She must be daydreaming again!  

"Ok Tiff I'm ready!" About time! "Finally! Lets go!"

"The mall?" Seriously this girl knows me so well. "Yeah! I've only been there twice but Daddy told me there wasn't time for shopping so we have MAJOR shopping to do!" He wouldn't even let me get some new lip gloss! Well....... I do have fifteen lip glosses already BUT! I have a reason why I should get more! They have a shade you can't get in America! So there! It's all settled!

"So do you think we will like school here?" OH COME ON! I hate school even though I get good grades! " Um........you know me! I hate school! That applies to all schools!"

"Haha should have known!" And so we got into my pink Mercedes Benz since Jessica's car is still being shipped over here. And don't give me that look! I just love pink ok! Within 20 minutes we were at the mall and shopping not noticing that we had 11 missed calls.  

"Tiff! Look at that backpack! That is so cool! My parents can't say our shopping was unproductive now! Haha!"

"Shopping is NEVER unproductive! Plus it IS school related but it's so cute! I think i'll get that backpack in a different color so we can have matching ones" Seriously this was going to be awesome.

"Kkay!" After a few hours of shopping Jessica excused herself outside for a phone call.

"Umma? What? I'm sorry!" I heard her say.

"What did you do now!?" I mouthed. She gave me this I-don't-know look.

"Umma we were just shopping! For school and all....." Ok well this was half true....

"Ok we will come home... bye" 

"What did she say?" Gosh I hope she didn't get into any serious trouble! Haha like that time she totally wore this outfit her parents said 'weren't appropriate' totally hilarious!

"She's worried about us going alone because we've only been here 3 days. She also wants me home because it's dinner time, oh and she said you can stay for dinner" Ohhh well that's disappointing! "Ok I think Appa and Umma are having a 'business dinner' so I'll come"

"Ok! Lets get home"

Jessica's POV

The weekend just went so quickly! Now I'm just finishing my makeup and waiting for Tiff.

"JESSICA! YOUR APPA AND I ARE LEAVING FOR WORK AND WE WILL BE BACK AT 5 TONIGHT! OK!?" 

"OK!" I yelled back. I really hope she shows up soon. I better not be late for my first day at SM High! I bet she's still putting on make up! Damn all that make up we bought this past weekend! Oh FINALLY! There she is! 

"Sorry I'm late!"  About time i wanted to say. "It's ok. Lets just hurry up"

"I can't wait to meet cute boys!" Oh yeah. Oh joy it is to have some overrated jerk break your heart. But OHH don't worry! He's cute so it makes it ok! NOT! 

"Oh come on Sica! It's been TWO years! Just move on! There are a lot of guys out there worthy of attention! I'm sure-"

"Don't. Mention. The. Name." I warned her as I glared. "You know Jess you should know that your glares don't work on me" And then she rolled her eyes at me. "Whatever" We pulled up at SM High. Thank God! What a lifesaver! 

Tiffany's POV

I know Sica was hurt in the past but she needs to move on! And just by the way she jumped out of the car as soon as we pulled up she was nervous about the topic. Anyway my goals today are: Get through classes and get good grades without falling asleep, meet the cute boys! "Sica do you think we will be in the same class together?" I don't know what I'll do if we aren't!

"Yeah probably. I mean why wouldn't we!? Oh Tiff?"

"Yeah?"

"Lets not let the students know that we know Korean. Lets just speak English"

"Why?" How am I supposed to meet cute boys if they think I can't speak Korean!?

"Well don't you want to know what people really think and say about you? It's the best time to find out. We will only pull it off for a week or so then we can speak Korean just like everyone else" 

Hmm she had a point. Unfortunately. "Ok fine. But I will be losing LOTS of dates because of this!" Apparently she found this hilarious and started laughing so hard she almost choked. 

"Oh my god you almost made me choke!" Should I be offended? I mean I like to make people laugh but seriously? Gosh!

"Oh just come on! Don't act all offended!" She said and dragged me in the building. Today was going to be a long day.

 

 

 

How was that? Was it boring, too long, or too short? Plz comment and subscribe! :)