On Guard

First Impressions Never Change

Donghae's POV

It's been two weeks and people still don't know anything about the new girls! I don't "like" them but they are fascinating! Leeteuk Hyung keeps telling me they aren't some fancy car on a pedestal everyone is looking at. It's not my fault I didn't pay enough attention in English class! The teacher was so boring! All he said was "The cat is on the chair" or "The man eating the hamburger is fat." I mean come on! How was I supposed to stay awake in that class!? One word: BORING! I wonder if they have any super hot cousins or something........ "Yo!" Oh it's Leeteuk again! Always interrupting my thoughts! "What are you doing!? You're just staring directly at your locker not doing anything!"

"Oh um.....I was just thinking"

"Of what? The new American girls?" Does this guy have a life or what!? I don't like them that way! I'm just curious!

"How many times do I need to tell you that I'm just curious! No one has come here before and kept secrets that long!"

"Well of course they can keep secrets! They don't speak Korean!" For some reason I think I can feel someone watching me. I feel this..... this cold stare. As if it's reducing me into a weed and crumbling me up. It's like this burning feeling.... And it hurts! I turned around but there was no one. I think...

Jessica's POV

"...... They don't speak Korean!" At this I laughed to myself. They were so easily fooled! But at the same time they made it sound like I was some idiot who didn't know anything and just thinking this I grew angry and before I knew it i was glaring daggers into whatever-his-names back. But then he turned around shaking and I disappeared into the crowd of people. "Tiff!" 
"Hmm? What?"

"What are you doing?" She was typing as fast as she could on her ipad notes.

"Oh just writing these important facts in my ipad so I won't forget" 

"You're writing extra notes for class?"

"No! Just the stuff I hear around the school. I need to have backup material. What if someone tries to force us to do something?"

"We will have our Dad's sue them?"

"Well that but I was thinking it was called a little something like............ Blackmail."

"Um...okkkkk. Why do you want to blackmail people?"

"Oh come on Sica! We all know that most of the girls in this school hate us because the guys are interested in us! They will do anything to get revenge. And just keeping our trusty notes handy nobody can hurt us." Wow. Never thought of that before...... She is smart when she wants to be. "Ok that makes sense. How are you getting all this information?" 

"Well some of the girls here want to be "friends" but I can tell they are faking everything so when they are talking to each other and I'm standing right there I can hear everything. But of course they think we can't speak English so I used it to my advantage. And besides I've heard rumors and most of the people here aren't that nice." 

"Oh yeah... I guess"

"Sica don't forget the 6th grade incident" Oh my god doesn't remind me! When I was 11 these girls humiliated us but we could have stopped them if we knew they had a major crush on Jay Oppa. But unfortunately we didn't know until a week later. It took three days to get the caramel popcorn out of our hair. "Yeah I remember" I replied sourly. "Sica I don't want to be mean but I don't want to be naive either. I want to be prepared for anything. Remember we still don't know the Korean customs yet. People could take advantage of us. "Yeah that's what I was just thinking about"  My eyes scanned the cafeteria and I could see the fakeness of the girls. They pretended to be nice and acted like they were trying to be friends but in their eyes.... Something about them. I could just tell. You could see the anger, and venom they felt for what they thought 'stealing their oppa's.' We didn't steal anything. Nor did we try to take them away. It just happened and it was out of our control. We didn't even talk to them! But they didn't see that. And guess what? I didn't care.

A few minutes later Hara the girl who was screaming and cussing us out last week came and sat at our lunch table and started talking to us like we were best friends. Tiffany and I looked at each other and gave the what-the-hell look but she didn't seem to notice. After lunch she said "This was fun! We should try it again sometime!" And then she walked off. We just stood there for a moment not knowing what to expect next until Tiff said "What the" and then I finished "Hell?" The rest of the day was totally confusing.

 

How what that? Did you like it? Any feedback would be nice. Too short? Written in a different way? Just let me know! I also want to thank my first subscriber MarshmallowCandy! Thank you so much! It totally made my day!