I Missed You

Dear, Lee Bomi

Jeonghan: Are you ok? Bomi? Bomi?

 

Bomi, still in his arms didn’t wake up. Jeonghan picked her up and walked her back to her apartment. He got the address from a neighbor. Jeonghan laid her on the couch, went to the kitchen to make her a glass of water. Bomi slowly woke up from the pain she felt on her right leg. It was scraped up pretty badly.

 

Bomi: Aww man its pretty scraped up…… *touches wound* ow!

Jeonghan: *gasp* Don’t touch it! It’ll get infected! *hands Bomi the glass of water from behind and sits across from her*

 

Bomi drinks from glass, she notices that Jeonghan brought her home and does yet another spit take.

 

Bomi: THE JEONGHAN! HOW DID YOU KNOW WHERE I LIVE???

Jeonghan: Bomi please, let me explain.

Bomi: NO! WHY SHOULD---

 

Jeonghan pulls her into his embrace, Bomi tries to push him away, but she suddenly has a flashback to the last time they hugged.

 

Bomi: Oppa, you can’t just leave me like this, you can’t move to the city….

Jeonghan: I’m sorry Bomi. My grandparents thought it would be good for me since my father is struggling with his street food kiosk. They want to make sure I’m going to a good school.

Bomi: But you’re top of the class here…

Jeonghan: I know, but they think the curriculum here is slowing me down.

Bomi: Whatever just leave it seems like you think your education is more important than me *gets up and walks away*

Jeonghan: Bomi! Wait! *grabs her arm and pulls her into his embrace* I’m sorry Bomi, please forgive me. I’ll promise to come back once I graduate.

 

Bomi pushes away Jeonghan, she’s boiled with anger.

 

Bomi: NO! YOU PROMISED THAT WE WOULD GRADUATE TOGETHER! YOU PROMISED ME THAT WE’RE GOING ON A ROAD TRIP TO JEJU! *pushes him again* YOU PROMISED ME ALL OF THOSE THINGS JEONGHAN, YOU PROMISED ME!

Jeonghan: Bomi…. Please….

Bomi: *pants from all that yelling* Just. Go. I don’t want to see you anymore….

Jeonghan: *grabs her hands* I promise to contact you, Bo---

Bomi: No. *her voice sounds tired and depressed* Just go….leave me here to rot.

Jeonghan: YAH, LEE BOMI!

 

Bomi pushes herself away from Jeonghan’s embrace as she goes back to reality.

 

Jeonghan: I missed you…

Bomi: You need to leave, now!

 

Bomi grabs Jeonghan’s arm and forcefully kicks him out of her apartment.

 

Jeonghan: Bomi, let me explain damn it!

Bomi: Just go!

 

Jeonghan, getting closer to the door he grabs Bomi and pushes her against it. His right hand on the door, the left holding Bomi to the door. He stares into her eyes, she tries to look away.

 

Jeonghan: I have let you pushed me around because I knew that you were still mad me, but now it’s my turn talk. I know that what I did left a huge bruise on your heart, but believe me, that is the last thing I’d ever want to do to you. I’m sorry for leaving you, for not graduating with you and going to Jeju like we planned. But, I had no other choice my grandparents didn’t even give one anyway. Please let me make it up to you, I want us to be friends again.

Bomi: I---I need time to think. You need to go.

Jeonghan: *sighs* I’ll see you at school.

 

Jeonghan closes the door behind him, and Bomi goes and sits on the couch. It began to rain. She cries herself to sleep. Jeonghan walks home in the rain and he bumps into DK.

 

DK: Jeonghan?

Jeonghan: DK?

DK: Yeah, what are you doing here? I didn’t know you lived around here.

Jeonghan: Uhh haha yeah, I just live down the road.

DK: Ok, cool. Well, how ‘bout I share this umbrella with you, I’m going the same way anyway.

Jeonghan: You sure?

DK: Yeah!

Jeonghan: Thanks, man.

 

They make it to Jeonghan’s house.

 

Jeonghan: Omma! Appa! I’m home!

Mrs. Yoon: Awww its my aegi!!! Tell me, whose aegi are you?

Jeonghan: Mooom not this again.

Mrs. Yoon: Whose aegi are you?

Jeonghan: Omma’s aegi….

Mrs. Yoon: There you go, now come is inside and dry yourself by the heater.

Jeonghan: Nae…

Mr. Yoon: Where have you been son?

Jeonghan: *takes off raincoat and dries off his hair with a towel.* I was at Bomi’s place.

Mrs. Yoon: Bomi? Oh, how I missed her, how is she?

Mr. Yoon: I hope she’s still not upset with you.

Jeonghan: Well, right before I left the convenience store she got hit by a bicyclist and scraped her leg. She literally fell into my arms and fainted.

Mr.&Mrs. Yoon: *GASP*

Mrs. Yoon: Is she ok?

Jeonghan: She kicked me out before I offered to clean the wound. I also confronted her.

Mr. Yoon: What did you say?

Jeonghan: I tried to give her a sincere apology, but didn’t want to accept it.

Mr. Yoon: You should write her letter. You forgot to write one this morning.

Jeonghan: I’ll get started now.

Mrs. Yoon: Don’t take too long, I made your favorite soup!

Mr. Yoon: Hon, we are the “Send My Love To You” mail service, where we spread---

Mrs.Yoon: The love those who deserve it and eventually gain hope to find their true love. I know honey.

Mr. Yoon: Writing these take time and heart and soul, you can give him the soup later.

 

Jeonghan sits at his desk and pulls out a light pink paper and envelope.

 

March 5, 1991

Dear Lee Bomi,

 

I would like to apologize for not writing you this morning, please forgive me. I hope today wasn’t too stressful for you. It was for me. The weather got me down today, but I hope that me forgetting to write didn’t ruin your day because it would be very upsetting to know that I disappointed you. I would never want to disappoint you, Bomi. Anyways how’s the love searching going? Well, I hope. I met the girl I love today and let me tell you this, she was beautiful. Her long beautiful dark brown hair and her eyes are mesmerizing.  Though she was upset with me.

 

“Forgiving is not forgetting. It's letting go of the hurt.”

 

Whatever situation you’re in right now, stay strong. You’ll get through this, we both can get through this. Take care Bomi.

                                

  Sincerely,

                                 천사

 

*Author's note: I'll be updating chapters every night (it's the only time I'm not as busy. I'm in college right now, so please bear with me) I hope you're enjoying this fanfic!!!! *pyeong!