This can't be

Dear, Lee Bomi

When Bomi went into labor, she was in pain. The doctor had to perform a C-section, but unfortunately, the baby didn’t make it. Bomi and Jeonghan were devastated. Months had already passed, and Bomi was still in mourning. Jeonghan did everything he could to help her move on, but nothing worked. Celestine suggested to her dad that he should write her like he used to when they were young.

 

Jeonghan: You’re a genius, honey! *kisses her forehead* I can’t believe I forgot about those letters I’d write her!

Celestine: I wouldn’t be here if you did haha.

 

Jeonghan rushes to his home office and grabs the dusty box that sat on the high shelf. He pulled out the light pink paper and envelope and began writing.

 

April 19th, 2005

Dear Lee Bomi,

 

I know that it’s been hard for you lately, it’s been hard for all of us. Don’t forget that Celestine and I will always be here for you. We will always be at your side. We love you, Bomi.

 

“There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.”

 

Stay strong honey. I know you can get through this. I know that you were excited to have a boy, so was I, but instead of being sad at least we know that he’s in a better place.

 

                                    Sincerely,

                                     Jeonghan

 

Jeonghan folded up the letter, placed it inside the envelope and set it next to Bomi’s bedside. Bomi was taking a nap. Once she woke up she noticed the letter at her side. She opened it and read the letter. Tears ran down her face. Jeonghan came in to check up on her again. He had a tray of food with him.

 

Jeonghan: Honey? Is everything ok?

Bomi: Yes, it is *wipes away her tears*  I just finished reading your letter.

Jeonghan: Yeah? What do you think?

Bomi: I missed your letters. I missed getting them every morning, reading the with a cup of coffee. *sighs* Those were the days haha.

Jeonghan: I brought you some food. You haven’t eaten in days.

Bomi: I should take a shower first. *flips over blanket and gets out of bed*

Jeonghan: It’s good to see you eat again, and smiling again.

Bomi: Thank you, honey, for everything. It's still hard, but I have hope now. Thanks to you. *kisses his cheek*

Jeonghan: Well, it wasn’t just me, Celestine came up with the idea.

 

Celestine came in the room.

 

Celestine: What idea?

Jeonghan: The idea where you told me to write her a letter like I used to before.

Celestine: Oh, right. Did it work?

Bomi: Yes, it did *sigh, wipes tears away*

Celestine: Just take your time mom. I know that you guys see me as a strong girl, but it was hard when we lost the baby, but I also know that he will be taken care of up there.

Bomi: How could I ever have an amazing daughter like you? Come here *reaches out for a hug*


Celestine hugs her back.

 

Celestine: I love you, mom.

Bomi: Love you too honey.

Jeonghan: I love my girls. *joins in on the hug*

 

A month later.

Bomi: Come on, Celestine we’re leaving soon!

Celestine: I’ll be there!

Jeonghan: You have everything?

Bomi: Yup! I have the snacks, our luggage, extra luggage for souvenirs, etc. This is going to be great!

Celestine: I’m so glad we planned this trip. I can’t wait to go to the beaches!

Jeonghan: I can’t wait to have some alone time with my wife. *smiles*
Bomi: Oh, stop hahaha.

Jeonghan: Ok, so is everything is packed in the back?

Celestine: Yup, I doubled checked everything! It’s all good to go!

Jeonghan: Great! Let’s go!

 

The Yoon family take a family trip to Jeju-do Island. The Yoon family had been through a lot, and they felt that this trip would be good for them.

 

Celestine: I cannot wait to go to the beaches!

Jeonghan: I better not see you around any guys! *searches for passports*

Celestine: Of course not dad!

Bomi: Honey, just let her be. She’ll be fine. Now, come on, we have to get past security check.

 

The Yoon family, finally arrived at Jeju International Airport, and they made their way to the shuttle bus for car rentals. The weather was amazing. The sun was out, there’s a nice breeze in the air, and the day was just going great until the Yoon family bumped into none other than the Jeon family. The Jeon family is having a family reunion in Jeju. And guess who was there? Wonwoo, and Woojin.

 

Woojin: Celestine?

Celestine: Woojin? Wha--what are you doing here?

Woojin: My family is having a reunion here. You?

Celestine: Family trip. Is Wonwoo-ssi here.

 

 

Jeonghan: Wait, is that Woojin?

Bomi: What? *sees Woojin* Wait, if Woojin is here then…

 

Both turn to look for Wonwoo.

FdcE4GoFDLpg6F4oRvx5PRwFTwINGtWkwaEE5wgR

 

Jeonghan: Oh geez *facepalms*

 

Bomi laughs out confusion and mixed feelings because she’s happy to see Wonwoo, but also knows that Jeonghan would kill him if they hugged. Bomi hugs him anyway.

 

Bomi: Wonwoo! What are you doing here? *hugs him tightly*

Wonwoo: We’re having a family reunion here! *hugs her back*

Bomi: It’s been too long! You look great!

Wonwoo: Thank you! And you look magnificent!

Bomi: Oh, *lays her hand over her heart* thank you haha!


Jeonghan steps in.

 

Jeonghan: Wonwoo.

Wonwoo: Hahaha! Oh, um *ahem* Jeonghan.

 

Celestine and Woojin walk up to them.

 

Celestine: Hi, uncle Wonwoo!

Wonwoo: Hi, Celestine!

Woojin: Hey, uncle, do you think that the Yoon family can join us for dinner?

JeongMi: Oh. No, we don’t think---

Wonwoo: You would have to ask your parents, but I don’t why not. *smiles*
Woojin: Awesome! Come on, Celestine! *grabs her hand and pulls away*

Jeonghan: Look, Wonwoo, as nice as that sounds we’re really here for family time, and you are too, and we don’t to intrude---

Wonwoo: Are you sure? The more the merrier!

Jeonghan: It’s your family reunion!

Bomi: *grabs Jeonghan’s arm* We’ll have to think about it. Right now we just want to get our car and settle down at the hotel. I hope you don’t mind Wonwoo.

Wonwoo: I understand.

Jeonghan: It wouldn’t be right if we---

Bomi: *lightly tugs on his arms* Honey?

Jeonghan: Huh?

Bomi: He said that we can eat with them next time.

Jeonghan: Oh, really?

Bomi: Mmhmm.

Jeonghan: Well, ok then. *ahem* Shall we go to the shuttle bus now?

Bomi: Yes, honey. Um, we’ll see you later Wonwoo. Have fun at your family reunion!

Wonwoo: Of course, and thank you! Have fun your trip! Woojin! Come now!

Woojin: We’re not taking the bus?

Wonwoo: Your grandparents will be driving us home remember?

Woojin: Yeah… *pouts* see you later Celestine.

Celestine: See ya!

 

So, I worked really hard on this chapter because I honestly didn't know what I was going to write about, so I hope you like it! If not, I'm sorry haha.