Letter

Dear, Lee Bomi

5 months have passed and Bomi and Jeonghan were happier than ever. It’s fall now, and the couple has been taking walks every weekend. Bomi has already received so many letters, but she starts to get curious about who this “천사” person was.

 

Jeonghan: Come on honey, we’re missing daylight! I have a lot to talk about work today!

Bomi: Ok dear, I just want to read this letter first it’ll help bring up my mood. *opens letter* I had a long day at school today *unfolds letter*.

 

September 6, 1991

Dear Lee Bomi,

 

Fall is here and for some reason love is in the air! I heard that you finally reconciled with an old friend, and are now in a relationship! Congratulations! I, as well, have reconciled with my true love, and I couldn’t be happier! I hope you happier as well.

 

“Happiness is not something ready-made. It comes from your own actions.”

 

Not everyone gets a second chance, but that doesn’t mean we should give up! We should never give up on love especially when we know it’s true love. Happy fall, Bomi! Take care.

 

                                        Sincerely,

                                        천사

Jeonghan: All good now? *Walks over to Bomi”

Bomi: Yeah, I’m all good now *pecks him on the lips*

Jeonghan: Let’s go!

Bomi: Honey….

Jeonghan: Yes?

Bomi: Doesn’t seem funny how my letters correspond with everything that’s happening in my life and it seems that “천사” is going through the same things as me? I mean, I know I sent in my application, but it seems like he’s dealing with the exact situation like me. Isn’t that weird?

Jeonghan: Well, at “Send My Love To You” they give certain application to certain writers that are going through the same thing that way the receiver is reassured that they still have hope.

Bomi: Hmm, makes sense, but I didn’t know that you knew so much about the mail service it almost sounds as if you work there! Hahaha!

Jeonghan: That would be hilarious! *laughs nervously*

Bomi: Do you know what would be even funnier?

Jeonghan: What? *smiles nervously*

Bomi: If you did work there, and you wrote all those letters for me! Hahaha!

Jeonghan: *laughs nervously*
Bomi: Jeonghan? Are you ok?

Jeonghan: Yeah, I’m fine…

Bomi: You sure?

Jeonghan: No...here, let’s sit down for a minute.

 

Jeonghan and Bomi walk up to a nearby bench. Bomi is concerned, and Jeonghan looks nervous.

 

Jeonghan: About what you said about the letters and who this “천사” really is….. It’s me.

Bomi: WHAT?
Jeonghan: I was the one who those letters to you. The whole time it was me.

Bomi: This changes everything…..

Jeonghan: Honey? What do you mean?

Bomi: I…… I need time to think, I’m sorry I have to go.*gets up from the bench and walks home*

Jeonghan: Bomi, darling… *follows her*

Bomi: No, stay, I need to be alone right now. *walks away*

Jeonghan: What have I done? *sits back on bench*

 

It’s been two weeks since Bomi and Jeonghan saw each other. A pile of light pink envelopes sat on top of her counter, unopened. Bomi was on the phone with her mother.

 

Bomi: It’s not that I’m mad at him, I’m just so confused.

Mrs. Lee: Well, what are you confused about?

Bomi: First off, I get my first letter a few minutes letter I get a call from Jeonghan, and then I see him at school for the first time in years, he kept on asking for my forgiveness, and here we are.

Mrs. Lee: That does sound strange…

Bomi: Mom, I don’t know what to do.

DK: It’s been two weeks?

Jeonghan: Yeah…. Two long weeks.

DK: Why haven’t talked to her yet?

Jeonghan: I thought I should give her some space. She did say she wanted to be alone.

DK: So you’re just going to sit around and wait? Why don’t you just go to her and tell her how much you love her? You do love her don’t you?

Jeonghan: I do. I do love her.

Bomi: Of course I love him.

Mrs. Lee: Well, then what are you doing moping around? Go to him sweetheart! It’s Jeonghan! You know that you still loved him after he left. Go to him!!!

Bomi: Ugh, I do love him! Thanks, mom! Love you!

Mrs. Lee: Love you too hun.

 

Phone clicks. Jeonghan and Bomi run to each other simultaneously. They meet each other halfway at the spot when Jeonghan told Bomi that he was leaving.

 

Jeonghan: Bomi…

Bomi: Jeonghan…

Jeonghan & Bomi: I missed you!

Jeonghan: I’m sorry for not telling you.

Bomi: I’m sorry for ignoring you. I love you, Jeonghan.

Jeonghan: I love you too. I promise that I’ll always be truthful to you and never leave your side.