Don't give up!

Dear, Lee Bomi

Bomi: Jagi? *gets on her knees and lays his head on her lap* JAGI?????

Jeonghan: Bomi… he said softly

Bomi: SOMEONE CALL THE AMBULANCE!!!!!

Employee #1: They’re on the way, ma’am!

Bomi: Honey stay with me ok? Don’t you dare leave me! I’m sorry for slapping you! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH HONEY!

Jeonghan: *raises his hand to touch her face* I’m not going anywhere, darling….

Doctor: *comes out of the ER* Mrs. Yoon?

 

Bomi gets up from the chair and rushed towards the doctor.

 

Bomi: Yes doctor?

Doctor: We successfully took out the bullet. Luckily it wasn’t near the heart.

Bomi: Oh my gosh *looks up* thank you, lord. When can I see him?

Doctor: They’re stitching him up right now, we gave him some medication so then he can have a good rest. You’ve been here for hours. You should go home and rest as well. Your daughter must be worried as well.

Bomi: She’s with my friend. I am not leaving this hospital. My husband needs me as much as I need him.

Doctor: I understand. Please follow me.

Bomi: Thank you, doctor.

 

They both enter his room. Bomi sees that Jeonghan is sleeping peacefully. She walks up to the bed and sits next to him.

 

Doctor: I’ll leave you two alone.

Bomi: Thank you, doctor. *gets up and bows*

 

She sits back down and turns to Jeonghan. Tears start to fall down her face.

 

Bomi: Hi, honey. *fixes his hair* How are you? They doctors said you did so well in the surgery. Good job honey. *sniffs up her tears* I hope you wake up soon. They said they gave you some meds to help you sleep.

 

The heart monitor starts beeping. Bomi starts freaking out. She checks his pulse.

 

Bomi: Jeonghan? Honey? Wake up! Jeonghan, wake up!!! YEOBO!!!! *starts to cry even harder* Jeonghan!!!!


The doctor and nurses come into the room.

 

Doctor: He’s having a reaction to the medicine.

Nurse #1: Checking his vitals now.

Doctor: Mrs. Yoon,  you’re going to have to leave the room.

Bomi: What? NO! I’M NOT LEAVING THIS ROOM! MY HUSBAND NEEDS ME!

 

One of the nurses tries to get her leave. Bomi struggles in getting away from them.

 

Nurse #2: Please Mrs. Yoon.

Bomi: NO! I’M NOT LEAVING! JEONGHAN, DON’T YOU DARE LEAVE ME!!!! YOU HAVE TO FIGHT THIS HONEY!!!! DON’T GIVE UP!!!!!

 

The next morning.

 

Celestine: Omma…. I’m leaving for school now.

 

Bomi has been a complete mess since the incident at the hospital. She hasn’t been working at the mail service. She’s in her PJs, and her hair is messed up and oily. Her bare face wasn’t looking so good. Beer cans and tissues surrounded her.

 

Celestine: I can bring home some food when I get home. *walks towards her* I love you, mom. * kisses her cheek* I’m off to school.

 

Bomi hasn’t moved from her spot on the couch. Celestine leaves to school. 4 hours later, Bomi showers. She fixes a packed lunch to take with when she visits Jeonghan at the hospital.

 

Nurse #3: He hasn’t been going into any seizures. It was only last night. We did run tests and we didn't see anything wrong. We’re hoping that it was just an allergic reaction. But we’re planning on keeping him here for observation.

 

Bomi: For how long are you going to keep him here? She said softly.

Nurse #3: Two weeks.

 

Bomi turns to her with a concerned look on her face.

 

Bomi: Two weeks???

Nurse #3: We want to make sure that he’s progressing in his recovery. We don’t want to take any risks. I hope you’ll understand Mrs. Yoon.

Bomi: I…. I understand.

Nurse #3: I’ll leave you alone now.

 

Bomi sets the packed lunch on the table. She sits next to Jeonghan.

 

Bomi: Even when you’re in a coma you still look handsome. *caresses his face*

 

Her smile faded away. She couldn’t stand the thought of seeing her husband in a hospital gown and wearing breathing tubes. She gets off of the bed and walks towards the table. She opens the containers and brings to the table beside Jeonghan’s bed.

 

Bomi: I brought your favorite. Kimchi jjigae!

Two weeks later….

 

Bomi: Thank you so much, doctor, for looking taking care of him. I really appreciate it.

Doctor: You’re welcome. We’re happy to know that Jeonghan fully recovered.

Jeonghan: Thank you, doctor.

Nurse #3: The taxi you requested is here now.

Bomi: Thank for everything *bows*

Jeonghan: Thank you. *bows*.

Bomi: Let’s go home, honey.

Jeonghan: I’d love to.

 
They get into the taxi and drive home safely.