Say Yes Part 1

Dear, Lee Bomi

Wonwoo: Bomi…

Bomi: …

Wonwoo: Why didn’t you tell me about Jeonghan?

Bomi: …

Wonwoo: Bomi?

Bomi: I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.

Wonwoo: I thought….. I thought you lov---

Bomi: I did. I did love you…

Wonwoo: I WAS THERE FOR YOU BOMI! ALL THOSE NIGHTS WHEN YOU WERE LONELY YOU CALLED ME! WHEN JEONGHAN LEFT YOU I WAS THERE TO PICK UP THE PIECES!

 

September 9, 1987. Jeonghan had just left Bomi. She began to cry and fell to her knees. It began to pour. Wonwoo was walking home from school. He had a big umbrella with him, and was on a chupa chup. He noticed Bomi on the ground.

 

Wonwoo: Bomi? BOMI? *runs to her*

 

Bomi was still crying.

 

Wonwoo: Bomi are you ok? What happened? Let’s get you out of the rain, or you’ll get a fever. *helps her up* I’ll walk you home.

Mrs. Lee: Bomi what happened to you? Come, sit down.

Wonwoo: I’ll get a towel!

Mrs. Lee: Honey, what happened? Are you hungry? *touches her forehead* you have a fever! I’ll get the thermometer.

Wonwoo: I found a towel!

Mrs. Lee: Good, but she has a fever.

Wonwoo: What? *goes to Bomi* Bomi? *touches her forehead* You’re sick. *wraps towel around her*

Mrs. Lee: Wonwoo, go get soup from the restaurant. I’ll get her cleaned up.

Wonwoo: Nae.

Mrs. Lee: Come honey let’s go.

 

Bomi, already cleaned up was sitting on the couch. Her eyes were still puffy from crying, and she was deep in depression. She hasn’t spoken one word ever since Jeonghan left. Wonwoo and Mrs. Lee have been taking care of her for two weeks. One night she went to her room to rest. Wonwoo knocked on her door.

 

Wonwoo: I came to see you in the living room, but you weren’t there. I brought you some of your favorite snacks! Are you feeling better? I’ll just leave these here and, you continue to rest.

Bomi: softly said, “Thank you..”

Wonwoo: It’s no problem. *sits next to her*

Bomi: For you to take the time to always visit is really sweet of you. I really appreciate it.

Wonwoo: Anything for you, Bomi. You should rest now. *puts arm around her*

Bomi: Thank you for everything. *lays her head on his chest*

 

December 31st, 1988.  The holidays are here and Bomi has moved on from Jeonghan. Bomi and Wonwoo have gotten closer and started dating.

 

Wonwoo: I can’t believe it’s been two years.

Bomi: I know right. *kisses his lips*

Mrs. Lee: Time to do the countdown!!!

Wonwoo & Bomi: 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1!!!!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

Wonwoo: I love you Bomi!

Bomi: I love you too, Wonwoo!!!

 

July 18, 1989. Wonwoo and Bomi graduated from high school.

 

Principal: And now I give you, the graduating class of 1989!!!! Congratulations!

Class: WOOOOOOOOO *tosses caps into the air*

Wonwoo: We did Bomi!

Bomi: I can’t believe it!

 

August 24, 1989. The couple got accepted into the same university.

 

Wonwoo: *on the phone*  Did you get your acceptance letter yet?

Bomi: Yeah! We should open it together! Meet me halfway?

Wonwoo: Yeah!

 

They both run to each other and meet halfway. Wonwoo didn’t live far from Bomi.

 

Wonwoo: On three?

Bomi: One.

Wonwoo: Two.

Together: Three!

Wonwoo: I got accepted!

Bomi: Me too!

 

March 24, 1989. Exams weeks are here and they were both stressed out.

 

Bomi: *on the phone* I missed you too.

Wonwoo: With this exam schedule it’s too bad that we can’t see each other.

Bomi: Yeah…

Wonwoo: Well, I have to get back to studying. Good night.

Bomi: Good night.

 

June 17, 1989. They take a vacation in Busan.

 

Bomi: It’s so beautiful here!

Wonwoo: The view is amazing.

Bomi: Right? I’ve never known a sunset could be this beautiful!

Wonwoo: I wasn’t talking about the view…

 

September 12, 1990. Wonwoo and Bomi break up due to Bomi getting an internship in America. Wonwoo was devastated, but he understood that this opportunity would be good for her.

 

Wonwoo: Do we have to break up?

Bomi: You know that long distance doesn’t work.

Wonwoo: I love you…

Bomi: I love you too.