I Could Never Love You

Dear, Lee Bomi

Hoshi finished his day at school and was heading to Bomi’s apartment. She never the left the apartment ever since what happened last night. Hoshi saw that mailbox was full and a light pink envelope was sticking out.

 

Hoshi: Man, I hope she doing ok *opens mailbox and grabs the mail* at least her letter came in that should cheer her up. That and my good looks *laughs*.

 

Bomi looks like a total zombie, she never got around to take off her makeup or shower. She was supposed to buy food yesterday but due to the accident and Jeonghan she didn’t. Her scrape still hasn’t been taken care of. Luckily, Hoshi is taking up medicine.

 

Hoshi: *knocks on door* Bomi? Hey, its me Hoshi! I picked up your mail and there’s a letter for you! *knocks again*

 

There was a sudden thud, Bomi attempted to stand up, but her leg made it difficult.

 

Hoshi: Bomi? Open up Bomi! *rattles door handle*

 

The landlord heard the commotion and asks what is going on.

 

Landlord: I heard someone fall, is Bomi ok?

Hoshi: Oh, ahjussi! I just got here to see and then I heard her fall, she wasn’t to able open the door.

Landlord: *takes keys out of his pocket, walks towards Bomi’s door, he struggles to find the right key* Ohhh these damn keys, ah here we go. *unlocks door*

Hoshi: *gasp* BOMI!

 

Hoshi checks her pulse, she fainted again.

 

Hoshi: We have to get her to the nearest hospital.

Landlord: I know a clinic!

 

Meanwhile, DK was just outside the building. He was on the way to Jeonghan’s house but Hoshi accidentally bumps into him while carrying Bomi.

 

Hoshi: Oh, sorry man!

DK: It’s ok….

Hoshi: Excuse me. *bows and hurriedly follows the landlord*

DK: Was that Bomi? I have to tell Jeonghan! *runs to his house.*

….

Jeonghan: Mom have you seen my walkman?

Mrs. Yoon: Here, you left it on dining table again. *hands him his walkman.*

Jeonghan: Thanks mom. *kisses her cheek*

Mrs. Yoon: Whose aegi are you?

Jeonghan: Mom, no.

Mrs.Yoon: Hey, I found your walkman! Whose aegi are you?

Jeonghan: Omma’s aegi…..

DK barges into the house.

 

DK: Jeonghan!

Jeonghan: What is it?

DK: Bomi is in the hospital!

Jeonghan: What?

Mrs. Yoon: Go! We’ll be there as soon we can!

Jeonghan: Ok, see you there! *kisses her cheek

DK: Come on!

….

Hoshi: Bomi? It’s me Hosh everything will be ok ok? *holds her hand*

Bomi: Where am I?

Hoshi: You’re at the hospital. I came to see you back at your place, and you fell because of your leg, and fainted. The doctor and nurses are cleaning your leg up now luckily there’s no need for stitches.

….

Jeonghan: Hi, do you have a patient here named Lee Bomi.

Nurse: Yes, we do are you family or relative?

Jeonghan: No, but---

Nurse: Then I’m sorry, but only family can’t visit.

Hoshi: Jeonghan!

 

The nurse, Jeonghan, and DK notices Hoshi coming out of the room.

 

Nurse: Are they with you?

Hoshi: Yes ma’am.

 

Nurse turns back to Jeonghan and DK

 

Nurse: Ok then, you may go.

Jeonghan: Thank you ma’am *bows*

DK: Thank you! *bows*

Hoshi: Thanks for coming guys. The doctors already cleaned up her wound and said that due to lack of water and food she fainted, so they’re going to keep her here for observation.

Jeonghan: That’s good to hear.

DK: Shouldn’t we call her parents?

Hoshi: I already made the call, and they’re on their way.

Jeonghan: My parents are on the way too.

 

The boys sit around Bomi’s bed waiting for their parents to arrive. DK notices the light pink letter on the table.

 

DK: Hey, I feel like I’ve seen this letter before. Jeonghan don’t you have like a stack of these---

Jeonghan: *covers DK’s mouth* Uhh haha no I don’t, I just receive not write them.

DK: *takes Jeonghan’s hand away from his mouth* I’m pretty sure you write them Jeong---

Jeonghan: I don’t haha.

 

Hoshi looks so confused. Then the parents come in.

Mrs. Lee: Where is she? Where’s my Bomi?

Hoshi: She’s right here ma’am. The doctors said that they want to keep her here overnight.

Mrs. Lee: What about her leg? What happened to her leg?

Jeonghan: She got hit by a bicyclist, luckily I was just leaving the store, and caught here in my arms.

Mrs. Lee: You didn’t take her to the hospital sooner?

Jeonghan: I took her back to her apartment and was going to offer to clean it up for her, but she kicked me out.

Mrs. Lee: You should have taken her to the hospital!

Mrs. Yoon: Don’t you dare raise your voice to my son!

Mr. Lee: Yeobo please come down.

 

Bomi starts to wake up.

 

Bomi: What’s going on here?

Mrs. Lee: Oh, honey you’re awake.

Bomi: Mom… Dad…..Mr. and Mrs. Yoon…. Hello…

Mr. & Mrs. Yoon: Hello, Bomi!

Mr. Yoon: How are you?

Bomi: I’m fine….. I’m just really hungry.

 

Everyone laughs.

 

Hoshi: We can always get you something from the cafeteria.

Mr. Lee: Ohhh the food here is not that good, we can get you something from our restaurant.

Mrs. Yoon: And I can bring over the soup I made!

Mrs. Lee: Hoshi, can you come help us bring over the food?

Hoshi: Yes, ma’am!

Mrs. Yoon: DK, can you help us too?

DK: Of course Mrs. Yoon!

Mr. Yoon: Jeonghan, son, you can stay with Bomi. We’ll be right back!

Jeonghan: Yes father.

 

Everyone leaves the room and Jeonghan tries to talk to Bomi.

 

Jeonghan: I’m sorry for causing all of this. I hope you’ll forgive me.

Bomi: You weren’t the one who crashed into me.

Jeonghan: I know, but I’m still sorry. Bomi, I want us to be friends again.

Bomi: I don’t know…..

Jeonghan: Please, Bomi! I can’t stand not having you in my life! I need you Bomi! I----I LOVE YOU GOD DAMN IT! I LOVE YOU BOMI!

Bomi: YOU NEVER CONTACTED ME, YOU DIDN’T CALL, AND YOU NEVER WROTE! I---I could never love you.

Jeonghan: Bomi! I couldn’t! My grandparents didn’t want any distractions...

Bomi: So, I was just a distraction to you?

Jeonghan: No, I pleaded to them that I should at least contact you, but they refused.

Bomi: Bullshi+

Jeonghan: BOMI!

 
*Author's note: The drama is kicking in lol, but no worries it will get better soon! Subscribe to find out! *pyeong*